T

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Taoism Singapore Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

<% BANNER %>
Dear All, this Forum is No Longer in Function.

For those who are interested in knowing more about Taoism, please proceed to http://www.facebook.com/groups/deityoftaoism/

Million Thanks

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

DANG KI
kelby10
Posted: Dec 29 2006, 09:17 AM

New Members

Group: Members
Member No.: 66

biggrin.gif

i did asked some of my friends on this question...

those dangki are so called the selected one by the deity..either throug dreams or some incident occuring during part of their life...and i heard my friend say they must have a special bone feature..term as "shen gu"..in order for them to pocess by the deity..

they can choose to reject the deity offer of being their rep..but they have to do alot of good things...if they are willing to be a dangki, they have to learn those drawing of tailsman and blah blah...before the day they want to practise this meduimship..they have to eat vegetarian before 3 days and afte 3 days of the session....

duno how true..its only a referrence from my frend..
Dorje
Posted: Dec 29 2006, 02:57 PM

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 38

QUOTE (kelby10 @ Nov 1 2006, 10:47 PM)
Why buddha do not haf dangki...i am more into buddhism..but i went to alot of such ge tai and i get to see alot such god praying or dangki session.....I just went to send off jui wang ye..

Simply put, Buddhas and enlightened beings do not need to have dang ki because they already manifest themselves in many forms. That's why you see in Tibet there are mediums for worldly protectors and deities, but no oracles for enlightened beings.

Also, if you look at the Buddhist view of Guan Yin Ma and Guan Shi Yin Pu Sa from a Buddhist point of view, they are two different deities altogether. From what I know Guan Yin Ma is "reporting" to Jade Emperor, but Guan Shi Yin Pu Sa "report" directly to Amitabha. In Buddhism Jade Emperor will still die and be reborn in the 6 realms, because he is not enlightened, so is of a much lower rank than buddha. So if Guan Yin Ma "report" to Jade Emperor means Guan Yin Ma is lower rank than Jade Emperor. But Guan Shi Yin Pu Sa is higher ranking than Jade Emperor so Guan Shi Yin Pu Sa don't need to "report" to Jade Emperor, but directly to Buddha Amitabha.

But don't take my word for it. Better to ask someone more experienced.
REBORN
Posted: Dec 30 2006, 12:09 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 13

Just sharing my 2 cts worth ....

In one of the previous sintua which I was involved, the main kitong will "train" prospective kitong to-be as follow:

i) Need to go vegetaring for 49 days continuously

ii) Meditates in a cementy (yes, sitting in front of a selected graveyard alone) ohmy.gif during these 49 days at places selected by this experienced kitong in the early hours (usually after 11pm till 3am).

iii) After this, during the consultation days, the potential kitong will first light twelve joss stick, pray to Ti-Gong, saying out loudly their name and request Ti-Gong's permission, then sit on the sedan and the musical troop will bang their instruments while the rest of the li-shi (helpers) sang jius. Meanwhile, the experienced Ki-tong will protect the newbie by writing some charm on the newbie's back. When the newbie started to show any sign of the arrival, the music beat will fasten to assist the arrival. Not all will "succeed" in the first attempt. Usually, only after a few session, the new Deity will be able to take control (of the new kitong).

iv) Once the new arrival is more 'stablised', the newbie will have to have their own lengki (command flag) endorsed at any TiGong beo.

v) The new Deity will then take over the education of the newbie kitong, usually through their dreams and sixth senses.

The norm is usually to invite underworld deities first, then when the newbie is 'stable', then invite heavenly deities.

Of course different 'shifu' will do it differently.... rolleyes.gif
Thomas@76
Posted: Feb 26 2007, 08:47 AM

New Members

Member No.: 168

An English name for Dangki call Medium rite??So Dangki is the person between Gods and Human...As gods cant tok to u face to face...He will break heaven ruls de...so he need a dangki to help to reply to those question asks from people...And why so many DaYaPek around...very sinple thing...Put aside the greed for money..Yim god like DaLIYaPek can have good food,drink nice wine ,smoke..scold pple and pple will scare of them..Then which Tian god can have those menton above??

dao1.gif
kelby10
Posted: Aug 5 2007, 03:52 AM

New Members

Member No.: 66

Something for you guys to believe it anot, click the case on tang ki.

http://www.spi.com.sg/spi_files/index.htm
melvin_91
Posted: Aug 23 2008, 07:55 PM

New Members

Member No.: 651

Hi... I'm very new here and my chinese not really well... but i'm very very very interested in my own religion which is Taoism... been sticking to Taoism since yound and I come from a religious family....

Can anyone here tell me about tang kis? The rituals? The Do's and Dont's? How to become a tang ki? Steps to being a tangki... including the zhous or chants...

thanks.... can reply to my email -> melvin_91@hotmail.com
emptiness_yh
Posted: Aug 26 2008, 03:22 PM

Group: Moderator ~ Singapore
Member No.: 61

QUOTE (melvin_91 @ Aug 23 2008, 07:55 PM)
Hi... I'm very new here and my chinese not really well... but i'm very very very interested in my own religion which is Taoism... been sticking to Taoism since yound and I come from a religious family....

Can anyone here tell me about tang kis? The rituals? The Do's and Dont's? How to become a tang ki? Steps to being a tangki... including the zhous or chants...

thanks.... can reply to my email -> melvin_91@hotmail.com

Hmm.. Are you "planning" to be a Spiritual Medium?
« Next Oldest | Mediumship | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]  Quick Reply

Other Links:

First Friendly Linkage to SingaporeSights

Forum Indications:

- New Posting (With No Sub-Directory) - No New Posting (With No Sub-Directory)
- New Posting (With Sub-Directory) - No New Posting (With Sub-Directory)

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0308 seconds · Archive

"Taoism Singapore Forum (TSF)" started officially in Year 2005. The Main Objective for TSF is to promote the Culture of Taoism (Locally and Internationally) to all Taoism Lovers/Taoists, Followers and Devotees. TSF doesn't belong to any Local nor Overseas Religious Organisation(s) and not a Profit-making group.