InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
|Welcome to Iris Lounge. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
|Welcome to Iris Lounge Archives
This message board is no longer active but left open for archive purposes only. Registered members can still leave messages on the Shoutbox and play the Arcade.
Do Join us on our new tambayan!
SERVER MERGE CONFIRMED..
, Other changes in pRO
Group: • Irisianz •
Member No.: 186
Joined: 23-December 05
| heres the link
heres the link where to register.. i guess dalawa lng na guild ng iris ang nag paregister.. oct 21 pala yung time ng iris at odin.. /heh
ewan ko nga kung bakit di nakarating to d2 sa iris lounge.. /hmm
the merge will work like this somehow..
Sakray server merge testing will take place this coming Tuesday maintenance.
You can test this out by making characters on Sakray servers prior to coming maintenance, and those interested in seeing character select menu changes should remember that they must fill all 5 character slots before maintenance.
Maintenance will take approximately 4 hours, but there's a chance it may extend.
Test method will involve duplicating Sakray server character information (Sakray server data + Sakray server data no.2).
* Changes Brought By Server Merges / Testable Features*
- You can select up to 9 characters to be preserved for the merge. Any other characters not in this list will be deleted. You should also see character select window now has 9 slots to work with.
- At the time of the merge, characters will have their names changed temporarily, and you can set a new name during character select menu.
- Kafra storage system will now hold up to 600 items (from 300 current maximum allotment).
- Guilds will still be owned by the correct Guild Masters even if their names change.
- Item effectiveness for rankers will remain.
* Main Server Merge / Time Table / Preparation*
Note: Only applies to servers that will be merged.
- Time Table: October 31st, 00:00 ~ 10:00 and November 1st, 00:00 ~ 10:00. Approximately, 10 hours for the work.
- Sara and Urdr servers are not being merged, but they will still have character slot number increase + Kafra storage allotment increase as well.
During October 24th, all guild castles will reset, and guild dungeons will be disabled. Soon, castles themselves cannot be entered.
During November 7th, guild castles can be entered again, and all the advancement/economy levels for the castles will be set to 7 for this one time only.
1. Make sure you take care of all aunction and mail contents prior to October 30th. Any remaining aunctions and mails will be deleted during merge process, and they will NOT be restored.
2. Make sure you do not have any items in Kafra storage that are over 30,000 of them. IE) Don't have over 30,000 Silver Arrows stored. If you violate this and have over 30,000 of an item in the storage, the item as whole will be deleted during the merge process.
~ Guilds ~
1. If the Guild Master invites a new guild member then change Guild Master character name, he will LOSE the guild master power over the guild! Therefore, Guild Masters should only invite new members AFTER changing their name first.
2. When a new guild member changes his name after the invite, he will temporarily won't be acknowledged as a member of the guild, but after the maintenance, they should be acknowledged correctly. Due to this issue, we recommend Guild Masters to invite characters that has already changed their names.
~ Character ~
1. During server merge, all character names will be changed temporarily. At the end of their character name, you will see '_(initials of the server name)(No.)'. The (No.) part increases based upon how many other characters in the merged server has same name as you.
If the character name is over 20 bytes, any extra parts in the name will be removed. IE) [GM]Ragnarok would become [GM]Ragnarok_S1 after the merge. [GM]RagnarokOnline123 would become [GM]RagnarokOnline_S1 after the merge.
2. Characters that are not selected on your list of 9 characters will be deleted! Due to this, prior to the server merge, connect to these characters, take care of everything the character has, then delete the character afterward. Deleted characters due to the merge will NOT be restored.
3. Character name change can only be done in the character select window after selecting your server. Note that character renaming can only be done once.
4. There may be a slight delay during name change process due to possible zerg rush from users, so be patient if it takes time.
~ Etc. ~
1. Your friends list will reset.
2. If you were in a party during server merge, you won't be in there anymore.
3. Guild Master name change doesn't take place immediately after merge completion. It will begin taking applications for change after November 7th maintenance, and actual change process can take place during November 14th.
... And that is the gist of the server merge information. http://www.ragnainfo.net/forums/viewtopic....1177638#1177638
this was taken from ragna info.. sakray kRO test server.. and this could be happen to pRO too.. This post has been edited by Gauss on Oct 22 2006, 11:20 AM
Group: Lounge Artisans
Member No.: 48
Joined: 23-December 05
What gauss qouted is for kRO Sakray only (I hope). /heh
d ko type server merge /wah
Taken from: http://excidium.sytes.net/forums/viewtopic.php?id=217
|QUOTE (pRO: Server merge tentative plans)|
The server merge plan is devised to motivate players to continue playing as well as encourage old players to start again. More players per server will result to more community interactions, and more fun and challenging competitions in WoE and PvP.
The tentative date is not yet announced, it may depend on the discussions regarding this plan and the server testings. The players therefore are encouraged to raise their comments and ideas regarding this matter. Level Up! is trying to reach players and consult them first regarding major decisions before these are implemented.
Which servers will merge?
The tentative plan is described as follows:
- Chaos and Loki will merge to become Baldur
- Sarah, Fenrir, and Lydia will combine to form Freya
- Odin and Iris will add up to create Tyr
Unless Urdr players will agree to lose their PK feature, this server will not be merged to any server. Thor, "Level Up!'s baby", will stay as it is.
The decision about which servers will merge are carefully planned based on several factors like population and economy (existing boss cards, etc.). For example, according to Mr. Ople, Chaos and Lydia cannot be merged or Lydia players may possible be highly discriminated due to being outnumbered. Each of the old servers should equally co-exist in the merged servers without the obvious social and economic problems.
These plans may still change.
The technical problems of the Server Merge
There are two major problems defined if the server merge commenced: 1) possibility of duplicate names on the merging servers, and 2) the total number of characters an account may have on the servers to be merged may exceed the number of character slots available for the resulting merged server. Tentative solutions are devised and they are being presented to players for comments before being implemented.
Server identifier prepended to character names
Ragnarok Online does not allow characters on one server to have the same name. If the servers merged, characters that have the same name across servers will need to exist in only one server.
To resolve duplicate names, character names will be prepended with a two-letter prefix that describes the original server where the character came from. For example, if the character name is "Boytoy", the resulting names will be "Ch-Boytoy" and "Ly-Boytoy" for characters that came from Chaos and Lydia, respectively. Whether there really are duplicate names or not for specific characters, all characters will have their names modified for equality's sake.
The tentative format of the prefixes are "Ch-", "Od-", "Fe-", "Ir-", "Ly-", "Sa-", and "Lo-" for Chaos, Odin, Fenrir, Iris, Lydia, Sarah and Loki, respectively. They are still open for prefix format suggestions. For example, "[Ch]" or "(Ch)".
While we can assume that most names used are short, problem may arise if your name consists of twenty-three (23) characters. Since this is already the maximum number of characters for a name, adding a prefix may not be possible.
Accounts to be split for each of the old servers
Ragnarok Online currently only allows five (5) characters to be created for each server. Therefore, when the server merge happened, there will be a problem if, for example, you have five (5) characters in Chaos and five (5) characters in Loki. When Chos and Loki servers merge, you will have a total of ten (10) characters for the resulting server. This exceeds the maximum number of characters slots and will not be allowed.
To eliminate this problem, Level Up! devised a plan to split your current game account and create separate accounts for each of the old servers. Taking the example above, you will have two separate game accounts, one for your Chaos characters, and another for Loki. It is not clear whether you will automatically have seven (7) accounts after the server merge for every pre-merge accounts you have, or the number of accounts will vary depending on whether you have characters created on each particular old server.
The change in the account username will be automatic. A number will be appended to the original username. For example, if your username is "boytoy", the resulting account usernames will be: "boytoy1", "boytoy2", "boytoy3", and so on. While we can assume that most accounts have short usernames, problem may arise if your username consists of twenty-three (23) characters. Since this is already the maximum number of characters for a username, appending a number may not be possible.
Another issue is raised regarding the remaining game time for the account. If the account have a one month game load, will the resulting multiple accounts inherit the same game load each? The answer to this question is not clearly finalized during the discussion.
Some implementation details
The current plan is to keep the pre-merge databases of pRO in a separate back-up server, and then buy a new "kalokohan" server (as Carlo coined it, explaining that it's simply how the technical people quickly described it to him as a layman in server details) for the merged servers. This is essential in case a roll-back to the old system will be required due to technical problems.
A suggestion is raised rather to create a new test server apart from Sakray for testing the server merge. This may be far better so that the commercial servers will not be drastically affected, and to make sure the server merge will have no other problems before it is finally implemented. For example, the databases of Chaos and Loki will be copied and then merged on a separate server. The original Choas and Loki servers will not be affected and will continue to run while the merged server testing is on going.
DISCLAIMER: This is not an official statement from Level Up! It is only based on the discussions covered in a meeting with server guild masters conducted by Level Up! (see footer). The author will not be liable for any damages due to misuse of the information found here.
Mr. Carlo Ople
Brand Manager of Philippine Ragnarok Online
Level Up! Inc. Conference Room.
This post has been edited by ~BaBy.OnPu~ on Oct 22 2006, 03:11 PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
Create a free forum in seconds.
Copyright © 2006 Iris Lounge. All rights reserved