Code of Ethics for Iris Lounge
CODE OF ETHICS FOR IRIS LOUNGE
(www.irislounge.uni.cc or http://s14.invisionfree.com/proiriscommunity )
Hear Ye, Hear Ye!! (Especially the primitive retards…)
As you can see, we’re back in bizniz. Yup we’re back, and guess what, gone are the days when we applied maximum tolerance that allowed morons, idealists and idiots to roam and wreak havoc upon our peaceful community (you know who you are). It’s time for change, and we do mean drastic change.
Looking back a few weeks ago, the reason the old boards shut down was because of collective experiences the moderating team received from screwheads, trashtalkers, pricks, and some other lowly and inferior life forms. With that being put on record, we now made up a new set of rules and reserve the right to terminate creeps with extreme prejudice, like how we squash cockroaches with extreme pleasure. We don’t care even if it means only ¼ of the original population stays, we can get along pretty fine without the rest of you. Who said everyone was eligible to enter heaven in the first place? This is our utopia, and its up to us who’s welcome and who’s not.
Official Rules and Regulations
Section 1: Don’t be an Asswipe, a Sydswipe or a Flip
- If you are one, try making your own boards, then hack/delete it after a few months. Take your Iris politics somewhere else, we don't want this place tarnished with crap coming from your Zerg-Infested cakehole. Anyone who speaks something related to Tyrants, Resistance, Neutrals or any other faction will be subjected to lethal injection.
The aim of this board is to unite our community and not tear it apart
Section 2: Love your parents
- Without them, you’re nothing.
Section 3: Love your teachers
- Without them, you won’t be able to understand any of the things posted in here.
Section 4: Exercise Good Manners and Right Conduct
- Say grace before you eat; don’t say bad words; respect the ladies, the young ones (Read ONES not ONCE) and the elderly. Respect them especially the female admins and mods. Sexist comments and harassments addressed to the female members and officers of this board will merit you ass spanking and we mean that in a not so kinky manner. This section is for the protection of women and children and is no way an exception to those who think and act like children. So there. :p
Section 5: Don’t play with fire
- Flaming is defined as deliberate posts and threads geared to attack a person’s character and well-being while Flame-bait is defined as words implied to another person or groups of persons by trying to incite them to flame. Either way you’ll get burned, or we’ll make sure you do right down to a crisp.
Section 6: Don’t be a Sex-starving maniac (or at least try to hide it if you are)
- Avoid posting links to porn sites or create threads and post images that are graphical, obscene, sexual and scandalous in nature unless some admin gives you the consent to do so. (Hint: Sidious usually gives consent after doing 3 rounds of lap dance on him regardless of the dancer’s gender)
Section 7: Avoid too much spamming
-Spam is technically a type of luncheon meat, which is best when deep-fried and used as filling for sandwiches. In other words, if you’re a spammer, we will deep-fry you, slap you inside a sandwich, and eat you up eventually... well maybe not.
-Spamming is categorized by posting without sense continuously or habitually. This includes only posting emoticons in a thread or posting long replies that only has a few words but is full of spaces in between.
-One-liners are posts only made with a single word or few words and only emoticons without words or any sense at all.
-Double-posting is characterized by posting twice in succession. If you need to say something or you forgot to express something right after you made a post, use the edit button.
-Out of topic posts. Threads each have their own topic, avoid posting irrelevant discussions or opinions.
-Posts using extremely large fonts. Only attention-seeking-brainless-children use them.
Section 8: Look both left and right ways before crossing the street
- When creating threads and topics make sure that the topic you are creating is on the right section of the Board. Make sure that no similar topic exists before you post your topic, you wouldn’t want to get ran over by an officer do you?
Section 9: Respect our bandwidth and Dial-up users
Not everyone can afford high-speed Internet nor have them available in their area even if they can afford it, hence avoid posting long siggys like an entire song lyrics for your signature. If you have Images/Pictures on your sig, limit the size to 500x200 pixel size, 100kb file size and minimize the text portion of your signature, moreover do not post images/pictures using the IMG tag and use the URL tag instead.
Avatars should not exceed 100x100 pixel size and 25kb file size.
Section 10: Dress appropriately
- Signatures and Avatars that contain images, words and ASCII characters that are considered as offensive, scandalous, libelous and immoral are not permitted.
Section 11: Sharing is EVIL
- Using another member's account to post while the main account is suspended is not allowed and so is lending your account to a suspended member.
Section 12: Don’t be such a die-hard fan.
-Gone were the days where Vilma Santos Fans wage war against Sharon Cuneta Fans. Photos that were taken without the consent of the owners or persons in the picture are prohibited from being posted here. You waive that right when you personally post your pictures in the internet for everyone’s viewing.
Section 13: Remember your Philippine history lesson, don’t be a ‘Makapili’ and sell off your countrymen to the Japanese
-Makapili’s are those traitors wearing ‘bayongs’ on their hands and squeals the Filipino rebels to the Japanese in exchange for freedom or Mickey Mouse money. We have no means of verifying if your accusations are true or not. If you are going to charge someone post some evidence. You wont be given due notice anymore and be given 3 days allowance to post your evidence. Bayongs are only allowed if you are playing Pera or Bayong. No exceptions or face our smite.
Section 14: Stop, look, and listen
- Don’t forget to read the Scribe news for important announcements. Check your emails regularly for official emails sent by Admins of this Board.
Section 15: Trolls and Ewoks are not cute….
-Trolling means being a prick to everyone, having your own opinion is one thing, being Cinder’s inflatable toy to everyone else is another. (note by Cinder: I used to watch Ewoks and my ex-gf gave me a troll for my birthday a long time ago. If you decide to be a troll and ewok you agree without condition to be my toy. So there)
Section 16: …and so are Aliens
-Do not post in languages or dialects other than Filipino, American English, and basic Japanese (like baka and arigatou). Posting in dialects other than the above mentioned normally causes confusion and are often grounds for unnecessary arguments. (note by Cinder: British English is allowed too. We are not bigots here, Barok English and Trying-hard English is allowed but if you post using the said language you give the Admins and Mods permission to make fun of you and turn you into our pansy.)
Section 17: Don’t be a cry-baby-wussy
-Being called a ‘Menyek’ is a previlege, not an insult. Don’t make it personal.
(Cinder’s Note: look at Jemski, he wears his Menyek Crown high and proud.)
Section 18: This website is not just about Ragnarok Online and Iris Server.
-Everyone is welcome here regardless of race, gender, sexual preference, religion, financial standing and cultural differences. It’s all about respect. We don’t care if in your native country you eat live chicken for breakfast, lunch and dinner as long as you don’t shove that chicken up everyone’s throat were okay with it.
Section 19: VIP
-We are fair but realize that some members are valued and respected than others because they serve a purpose to the community. Contribute to the good of the community. Those people who help in the fragile eco-system of this board are considered as those at the top of the food chain. Good for nothing lechers will be stepped on and burned to the furnace consistently without question. (Cinder’s Note: You can buy my respect through food and cash. I accept all major credit cards, negotiable instruments, cash equivalents and marketable securities.)
Section 20: Post counts doesn’t equate to big bumpers or big dicks
-Quality posts please. In the interest of quality we decided to remove the post counts in some sections.
Section 21: Be sensitive enough of your fellow posters.
-If you see someone calling another member a pig and responds with a jerk doesn’t imply that they are flaming or flame baiting and certainly it does not give you authority to call those person’s the same. Be sensitive enough to understand terms of endearment between friends. If you don’t know the thin line between love and hate it would be best if you would just shut up.
Section 22: Keep your personal life private.
-If you personally reveal stuff about yourself you waive your right not to be the official board clown when the admins and mods decide it so. Avoid making confrontations between lovers in this board. If you do so we’ll all surround you, mock you and make fun of you. Such matters should be kept between the parties involved. By posting it here you make it everyone’s business.
Section 23: If you get burned we are reasonable just learn to ask nicely
-if you opt to piss us off more we will take pleasure in kicking you in the ass and let the door hit you on your way out.
Section 24: Rules are subject to change with or without prior notice
-Objections? Proceed to Section 25
Section 25: Follow the Golden Rule
-“He who has the GOLD, is the Rule”. We reserve the right to everything. We made this, therefore, own everything and have all the power. We’re allowed to bitchslap you for no apparent reason. If we say 1 + 1 = 3, then we have bent the laws of time and space to make it true, end of story. If we tell you to jump you should reply “how high?”. And yes, it is great to be Kings and Queens.
That covers everything for the time being. Play by the rules and everyone will get along just fine. If you have any problems with it, there are always the other boards…
PS: By the way, discussions about botting; PHP transcations; hexing; etc.. are now allowed.
Remember to post at the validating section after registering to have your accounts validated
Copyright © 2006 Iris Lounge. All rights reserved