This skin was created by Cortez of the IF Skin Zone

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to .Org Wrestling Discussion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Future of This Site
N8 STORM
Posted: Nov 8 2011, 10:37 PM

C is for Cookie!

Group: Global Moderator
Member No.: 33

I've been thinking about the future of this site lately. Two things stick out to me the most.

1. Decreased Participation. After having decent participation the first couple of years, the site has slowed down quite a bit. We have maybe a dozen regulars tops. Wrestling's popularity in general is down.

2. No administator. When Camaro made me a moderator a couple years ago, I had no idea he was going to abandon the site shortly afterwards. As a moderator only, I also have a limited scope on what I can do. It would have been nice to get administrative powers from Camaro, but he doesn't respond to e-mails I send him.

I'm thinking about putting the kibosh on the site after this season's predictions league is over sometime in February. I guess people could still post on this site if they really want to since there is no way to officially end it, but you get the drift. I might talk to one of the mods at he-man.org about me bringing the predictions league back there. It was originally pulled from there to get more people over to this site. This site was created because of complaints that there were too many wrestling threads over at he-man.org. With wrestling's popularity down, I don't think that is much of a problem anymore.

Thoughts? Comments? Opinions?
oICEMANo
Posted: Nov 9 2011, 07:07 AM

Mid Carder

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

Bummer. I like coming here for my wrestling info :(

--------------------
user posted image
Eraser
Posted: Nov 9 2011, 07:09 PM

Main Eventer

Member No.: 44

I enjoy the prediction threads and you provide info about wrestlers getting released which is nice to know. Whatever happens happens I guess. I still never understood what He-Man.org's problem was, I didn't think there was ever that many wrestling threads there. They just needed something to complain about I guess.

This post has been edited by Eraser on Nov 9 2011, 07:09 PM

--------------------
Hulk Hogan Banner Pictures, Images and Photos
RocketPunch
Posted: Nov 12 2011, 03:20 PM

Mid Carder

Member No.: 1,530

I hope the predictions league will continue in some form, whether it's here or at He-Man.Org. I still think it's fun.
N8 STORM
Posted: Nov 13 2011, 09:37 PM

C is for Cookie!

If there is enough interest in the site continuing, I may keep running this site. I do think we need some more participation, though. We don't really gain any new members while losing a few each year. Most of the regulars we do have don't participate near as much in threads either.

Mathias
Posted: Nov 16 2011, 10:06 AM

Legend

Member No.: 234

Maybe starting a new one could be a solution. Would have more control that way and probably easier to attract new members to a new site than an older one with dwindling membership

--------------------
Roadwork
Posted: Nov 18 2011, 06:03 PM

Mid Carder

Member No.: 65

Yeah it will be a shame to see this place go. I agree that there doesn't seem to be too much activity here though other than once a month for the prediction league. As the poster above said perhaps it would be a good idea for someone to start a new forum should this one die out next year.

This post has been edited by Roadwork on Nov 18 2011, 06:03 PM

--------------------
www.youtube.com/user/DawsonSpeaks85
N8 STORM
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 02:36 PM

C is for Cookie!

A new forum might not be a bad idea, but I know nothing about creating a new forum from scratch (ie: creating graphics, skins, and such). I'd probably want to share co-administrator duties with someone more tech savy than me if that were to happen rather than try to tackle it by myself. I don't really know anyone like that though unless it is a member already here. Although a new site would make the administrating easier, I'm not sure that would do a large amount to bring up participation. I might still keep the predictions league going here for another year and/or attempt to bring it back to he-man.org. I haven't decided definitively on that yet.
N8 STORM
Posted: Mar 25 2012, 01:55 PM

C is for Cookie!

I'll keep the predictions league going on here for another year, although I would like to see some increased participation.

N8 STORM
Posted: Nov 13 2012, 10:43 PM

C is for Cookie!

Seeing how the participation on this site is worse than even last year, Camaro is still ignoring my messages to him, and things have been busier for me lately, I'm going to quit running the predictions league after this season is over with the Feb. 2013 pay-per-view.
« Next Oldest | Feedback, Questions & Announcements | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1696 seconds | Archive