zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to The Mega Man Fan Character Archive. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Whoo, First Somewhere in the Middle Post!, Let's talk!
Crowbar
Posted: Sep 6 2007, 05:22 PM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 14

So, yeah. RIPtheSYSTEM. We should talk about it some!

--------------------
- Crowbar
RIPtheSYSTEM - Our Mavericks Make Better Baked Goods
http://www.ripsystem.com
Theta
Posted: Sep 6 2007, 05:23 PM

Resident Dogboy

Group: Admin
Member No.: 13

Izzy makes *awesome* brownies.

--------------------
user posted image
Luna Myawa
Posted: Sep 12 2007, 09:19 AM

Light Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

Im not finished with the reading xD
But it's very good ;)

I always begin to make a manga/comic..whatever..but then..Im too lazy to continue xD

--------------------
Its the fear-The dark is growing inside of me-Don't feed my fear-If you don't want it out
Rick
Posted: Sep 12 2007, 11:17 AM

Famous Vigilante Hunter!

Member No.: 1

Cressen makes awesome brownies too.

I propose Izzy vs. Cressen on the Iron Chef!

--------------------
user posted image
Theta
Posted: Sep 13 2007, 09:25 AM

Resident Dogboy

QUOTE (Luna Myawa @ Sep 12 2007, 10:19 AM)
I always begin to make a manga/comic..whatever..but then..Im too lazy to continue xD

You really have to push yourself sometimes if you want to finish a comic. Having someone "help" you along (IE: Nag nag nag *shot*) also helps, especially when you (or your partner) are busy/lazy/tired/etc. If you're not careful though it can feel like a chore, that's why when you DO feel creative you make sure to work on as much as you can handle so you give yourself room to slack when you don't feel like working on anything... this really comes in handy if, like us, you have a weekly deadline. The best thing to do though is not to get overwhelmed.
Another thing to do is start simple, even if it's a one or two page comic, and find out what works best for you. I know several people who sketch out and ink their comics with pen and paper, I work completely in Photoshop unless I have an idea or two I try to figure out in my sketchbook (which happens a lot surprisingly when I'm at work or on my lunch break), which I scan later and "ink" over on the computer. Most people who do online comics work either in Flash or Illustrator. It's all a personal preference and what you can do with what time/energy you have.
Also consider whether you want it black and white or colour, or greyscale with pretty screen tones. I'm only now starting to dabble with screen tones, but I don't find them working or blending to well right now with RtS.. it could change in the future, who knows?
Mostly though, setting yourself up for an epic comic right off the bat isn't always a good thing if you're going solo. Like I said, work with what you know you can do and build on it as the comic goes along. I look back on parts of chapter one with mixed emotions because of this.. I was so new at comicing (Truth be told I still don't consider myself an intermediate). Part of me wants to go back and redo the whole thing, but.. that's another thing; Move forward, not back! :D And don't stop practicing!

Also, I know for certain Cressen would win a cook-off. I trust Izzy's cooking about as much as I trust T3's aim. ;p

--------------------
user posted image
Rick
Posted: Sep 13 2007, 01:35 PM

Famous Vigilante Hunter!

Member No.: 1

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
Theta
Posted: Sep 13 2007, 01:52 PM

Resident Dogboy

..... XD *choke laugh*

--------------------
user posted image
pumpkinsareholy
Posted: Sep 14 2007, 01:28 AM

Super Moderator

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Theta @ Sep 13 2007, 09:25 AM)
QUOTE (Luna Myawa @ Sep 12 2007, 10:19 AM)

You really have to push yourself sometimes if you want to finish a comic. Having someone "help" you along (IE: Nag nag nag *shot*) also helps, especially when you (or your partner) are busy/lazy/tired/etc. If you're not careful though it can feel like a chore, that's why when you DO feel creative you make sure to work on as much as you can handle so you give yourself room to slack when you don't feel like working on anything... this really comes in handy if, like us, you have a weekly deadline. The best thing to do though is not to get overwhelmed.
Another thing to do is start simple, even if it's a one or two page comic, and find out what works best for you. I know several people who sketch out and ink their comics with pen and paper, I work completely in Photoshop unless I have an idea or two I try to figure out in my sketchbook (which happens a lot surprisingly when I'm at work or on my lunch break), which I scan later and "ink" over on the computer. Most people who do online comics work either in Flash or Illustrator. It's all a personal preference and what you can do with what time/energy you have.
Also consider whether you want it black and white or colour, or greyscale with pretty screen tones. I'm only now starting to dabble with screen tones, but I don't find them working or blending to well right now with RtS.. it could change in the future, who knows?
Mostly though, setting yourself up for an epic comic right off the bat isn't always a good thing if you're going solo. Like I said, work with what you know you can do and build on it as the comic goes along. I look back on parts of chapter one with mixed emotions because of this.. I was so new at comicing (Truth be told I still don't consider myself an intermediate). Part of me wants to go back and redo the whole thing, but.. that's another thing; Move forward, not back! :D And don't stop practicing!

Also, I know for certain Cressen would win a cook-off. I trust Izzy's cooking about as much as I trust T3's aim. ;p

Does this imply you and John resort to physical abuse if comics or script are not completed on time? XD

--------------------
"The lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care."
Charles Schulz
Theta
Posted: Sep 14 2007, 07:48 AM

Resident Dogboy

lol. Maaaaaaybe~

--------------------
user posted image
Luna Myawa
Posted: Sep 14 2007, 06:24 PM

Light Dragon

Wow..thanks a lot..
Now that Im on a school for graphic and design..(dont know how to spell it correctly in english ^^; )I will learn a lot.
I try to continue as soon as I can ;)
I already have two pages..

--------------------
Its the fear-The dark is growing inside of me-Don't feed my fear-If you don't want it out
Theta
Posted: Sep 14 2007, 07:36 PM

Resident Dogboy

I think it's just "Graphic Design", unless you're getting two degrees for Graphics AND Design.

Good to hear you're working on it! ^_^ Keep us posted.

--------------------
user posted image
Luna Myawa
Posted: Sep 15 2007, 11:44 AM

Light Dragon

QUOTE (Theta @ Sep 15 2007, 01:36 AM)
Good to hear you're working on it! ^_^ Keep us posted.

I will ^.~

--------------------
Crowbar
Posted: Sep 19 2007, 10:55 AM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 14

It really does help to have someone along for the ride with you. One, it's an excellent resource for bouncing ideas off of, especially if they're in the same mindset as you (Though I tend to aim for "And in the end, everyone was a cyborg! Even the dog!" first when someone asks that of me. ;p) Sometimes, the comic doesn't turn out quite like I pictured it, but a lot of other times it surprises me in better ways than I could imagine. The power of teamwork!

--------------------
- Crowbar
RIPtheSYSTEM - Our Mavericks Make Better Baked Goods
http://www.ripsystem.com
pumpkinsareholy
Posted: Sep 19 2007, 05:39 PM

Super Moderator

the teamwork thing is one of the reasons why i like this comic. I have never really done a comic as a team with anyone before.. ive done some collab work on comic designs and stuff, but never had anyone really write for me a script and me complete the whole thing. some day i would like to have that experience as well, it just seems to make the work you guys do stronger.

--------------------
"The lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care."
Charles Schulz
Theta
Posted: Sep 19 2007, 09:56 PM

Resident Dogboy

o^_^o

d'awww... Thanks Tim! <3

--------------------
user posted image
Delta-X
Posted: Sep 20 2007, 12:27 AM

Captain of the Delphinus

Member No.: 25

I was glanceing over the comic today and I have to say I love how page 83 turned out, particularly with the eyes in the last Panel.

Anyways, who is that female to the right of Rick in the second panel? She kinda reminds me of somebody's character. In any case, she has a cool outfit, I like it.

Anyways, can't wait to see the next portion of the comic.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Theta
Posted: Sep 20 2007, 07:47 AM

Resident Dogboy

user posted image

That'd be my character actually, XD Sometimes when I lack one-shot "background" characters I tend to stick either side characters in there, or have a cameo or two (hense why Cressen got two. lol). She's one I have plans for somewhere down the road, I just haven't gotten around to doing much with. Busybusybusy.

--------------------
user posted image
Delta-X
Posted: Sep 20 2007, 10:17 AM

Captain of the Delphinus

Member No.: 25

Ah, thanks. I was wondering who she was.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
pumpkinsareholy
Posted: Sep 20 2007, 12:10 PM

Super Moderator

i remmeber her, i enjoyed her design as well, is she part animal or is that armor?

--------------------
Charles Schulz
Theta
Posted: Sep 20 2007, 12:13 PM

Resident Dogboy

Coming right down to it she'd probably be considered an Animaloid, the toe-claws and wings are part of her, rather than her armour. I love the idea of Half-breed in between species :3

--------------------
user posted image
« Next Oldest | RIPtheSYSTEM: Comic Discussion | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0396 seconds · Archive