This skin was created by Kazuki of the IF Skin Zone

Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Veteran Lounge, your favorite shit hole.
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which means you are either a regular member and have not logged in yet, or you stumbled upon this forsaken place on accident, since nobody genuinely searches for a place like this. If you join our community, you will be able to talk with opinionated, aggravated, insufferable members. Registration is simple, fast, and potentially regrettable.
Join, you indecisive douche!

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

Happy Birthday Ankhareon
Trollocide
Posted: May 1 2012, 05:47 PM

Evil Dicktator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Hortelan @ May 1 2012, 04:04 PM)
Did he just suddenly ditch this place without a word?

Oh, and I vaguely remember him being an admin ... But I guess I might be mistaken?

He was an admin, but no, he didn't leave without warning. He left because he wasn't really getting feedback on his art or something to that effect.
Lintire
Posted: May 1 2012, 05:57 PM

Zealot

Group: Veterans
Member No.: 1,075

Because I didn't learn art from copying El Goonish Shive?
Ankhareon
  Posted: May 1 2012, 07:54 PM

Spec Ops Trooper

Member No.: 4

QUOTE ("Confederacy")
After seeing his review of Fallout 3 on his Steam profile calling it the  "BIGGEST, DEEPEST AND BEST GAMES I OWN." while telling being to ward off Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines and "imagine it like Twilight", I honestly can't give two fucks about him ever coming back. Not like I did to begin with anyways.

How can you even fucking compare VtMB to Twilight, God fucking dammit this makes me so fucking irate.

I know right? What an idiot. Fallout 3 was as shallow as any Bethesda RPG and really only had the atmosphere and exploration going for it compared to New Vegas or something, and comparing VTMB to Twilight even as a joke is complete heresy. Seriously though I love that game.

Holy hell this place still exists. And has a birthday thread about me after what? 5 years? Jeez I hadn't even finished high school and I graduated university at the end of last year.

And I still have that horrific crossover thing I drew in my signature.

I need to delete that dA account, there's a reason I never do anything on it - it's got so much embarrassing stuff from when I was younger, dumber and thought EGS was a clever and funny comic. I do still check it pretty frequently even if I don't post on it because otherwise I guess I'd have to copy all the people I watch to a new one if I made it and I never got around to doing that.

Seriously though I figured after Halo Zero died down this place would probably have done the same. I don't even remember why I wanted comments on art that was in retrospect way worse than I thought it was at the time which knowing me I probably didn't have that high of an opinion of it either. At this point all I remember from that point is doing a bunch of weird, embarrassing things that in hindsight I really shouldn't have, because I had no context by which to judge anything of quality and no opinions more sophisticated than "wow, that's strange, let's see where it goes!".

So what I'm saying is why would anyone want past me back? we're better off without him.

Oh wait, I was who's secret gay lover? God damn it past me.
Trollocide
Posted: May 1 2012, 08:22 PM

Evil Dicktator

We were all dumbasses back then Anky, and now we're just slightly less dumb dumbasses.

Yes the Veteran Lounge did die, but we're a zombie now, and you can keep pumping more bullets in but we just keep crawling along.

And now we're coming for you.

llbg2
Posted: May 1 2012, 09:46 PM

General

Member No.: 408

QUOTE (Trollocide @ May 1 2012, 09:22 PM)
We were all dumbasses back then Anky, and now we're just slightly less dumb dumbasses.

Yes the Veteran Lounge did die, but we're a zombie now, and you can keep pumping more bullets in but we just keep crawling along.

And now we're coming for you.

QFT
MM10X
Posted: May 1 2012, 11:04 PM

Spec Ops Commander

Member No.: 853

Le nomscat.
Confederacy
Posted: May 2 2012, 06:10 PM

Prophet

Group: Content Managers
Member No.: 849

QUOTE (Ankhareon @ May 1 2012, 08:54 PM)
I know right? What an idiot. Fallout 3 was as shallow as any Bethesda RPG and really only had the atmosphere and exploration going for it compared to New Vegas or something, and comparing VTMB to Twilight even as a joke is complete heresy. Seriously though I love that game.

Don't tell me things I want to here.
Lintire
Posted: May 2 2012, 06:13 PM

Zealot

People just do whatever they want to here.
Ankhareon
  Posted: May 2 2012, 11:03 PM

Spec Ops Trooper

QUOTE (Confederacy @ May 3 2012, 01:10 PM)

Don't accuse me of pandering, it is absolutely not worth my time or effort to do so, especially when I do in fact agree with you anyway. I cannot be bothered lying to you about my taste in games, and whether or not you approve of it could not be less relevant to me.

To explain: I enjoyed Fallout 3 greatly, but that was before playing the original Fallout, New Vegas and a whole host of other, better and deeper RPGs to give me some perspective on the genre. Prior to that the only Bethesda game I'd played to completion was Oblivion which had virtually no roleplaying elements at all. While by no means a bad game, Fallout 3 was severely lacking in a lot of places that later titles such as New Vegas got right, including the mechanics, combat, a coherent world and characters that made sense. So yeah, I changed my mind. I do that all the time, but it's not to please you.

That said, you completely misinterpreted the second one. The joke was that if Twilight ruins vampires, Bloodlines is enough to make them good again. It wasn't even a comparison per se, it was just "here's the end of the vampire spectrum Bloodlines is not on". Anyway, it wasn't a good joke because honestly nobody takes vampires seriously enough that you can "ruin" them anyway - see: uses of the acronym "Alucard", the fact people take massive liberties with vampire mythology all the time and the phrase "I vant to suck your blooood". I thought that was pretty clear. If not, let me state for the record it's a good game. I really enjoyed it and think it was massively under-appreciated for what it was. It does a lot of things right that I would like to see in other games as well.

But if the thought of me comparing a game you like to a book/movie series you dislike makes you genuinely "irate" then I'm truly sorry to break it to you that sometimes people's opinions differ from yours and that's actually considered normal in most places. Most people I know don't find that personally offensive, so I don't know what to tell you. There's always a comment section if it's that distressing to you.
Trollocide
Posted: May 2 2012, 11:34 PM

Evil Dicktator

QUOTE (Ankhareon @ May 2 2012, 11:03 PM)
QUOTE (Confederacy @ May 3 2012, 01:10 PM)

Don't accuse me of pandering, it is absolutely not worth my time or effort to do so, especially when I do in fact agree with you anyway. I cannot be bothered lying to you about my taste in games, and whether or not you approve of it could not be less relevant to me.

To explain: I enjoyed Fallout 3 greatly, but that was before playing the original Fallout, New Vegas and a whole host of other, better and deeper RPGs to give me some perspective on the genre. Prior to that the only Bethesda game I'd played to completion was Oblivion which had virtually no roleplaying elements at all. While by no means a bad game, Fallout 3 was severely lacking in a lot of places that later titles such as New Vegas got right, including the mechanics, combat, a coherent world and characters that made sense. So yeah, I changed my mind. I do that all the time, but it's not to please you.

That said, you completely misinterpreted the second one. The joke was that if Twilight ruins vampires, Bloodlines is enough to make them good again. It wasn't even a comparison per se, it was just "here's the end of the vampire spectrum Bloodlines is not on". Anyway, it wasn't a good joke because honestly nobody takes vampires seriously enough that you can "ruin" them anyway - see: uses of the acronym "Alucard", the fact people take massive liberties with vampire mythology all the time and the phrase "I vant to suck your blooood". I thought that was pretty clear. If not, let me state for the record it's a good game. I really enjoyed it and think it was massively under-appreciated for what it was. It does a lot of things right that I would like to see in other games as well.

But if the thought of me comparing a game you like to a book/movie series you dislike makes you genuinely "irate" then I'm truly sorry to break it to you that sometimes people's opinions differ from yours and that's actually considered normal in most places. Most people I know don't find that personally offensive, so I don't know what to tell you. There's always a comment section if it's that distressing to you.

I miss you Anky. Let's have gay sex like old times?
Ankhareon
  Posted: May 3 2012, 01:17 AM

Spec Ops Trooper

QUOTE (Trollocide @ May 3 2012, 06:34 PM)

Wait, wait, wait.

You're a man?

I gotta get the hell out of here. Where's the account deletion button?
Lintire
Posted: May 3 2012, 01:36 AM

Zealot

Jesus motherfuckin' titties that's a lot words about videogames. And this after after killing half a day reading fuckin' Cracked.

EDIT: typo, whatever, I AIN'T ASHAMED

This post has been edited by Lintire on May 3 2012, 01:37 AM
Trollocide
Posted: May 3 2012, 02:17 AM

Evil Dicktator

QUOTE (Ankhareon @ May 3 2012, 01:17 AM)
QUOTE (Trollocide @ May 3 2012, 06:34 PM)

Wait, wait, wait.

You're a man?

I gotta get the hell out of here. Where's the account deletion button?

I took away your admin powers so that you couldn't delete it. Now we can be together forever! DON'T YOU SEE, ANKY? FOREVER. ISN'T IT WONDERFUL?!! WELL, ISN'T IT?!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

user posted image

In all seriousness though I appreciate it that you took the time to stop by again. tongue.gif
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0875 seconds | Archive