Everyone that visits these forums must read and comply with the rules. Failure to do so will result in an increase in warn level. When your warn level reaches 100%, there will be consequences and possible suspension.
The rules are as follows:
(listed in order of severity)
1. Do not attempt to exploit the forums or use them for a malicious purpose. Any attempts to hack, exploit, or gain administrative privileges to the forums without approval will result in being banned instantly and without warning. Abusing [dohtml] tags to run annoying or malicious scripts is strictly disallowed.
2. Do not register bot accounts or multiple accounts that you do not intend to use. Creating new accounts exclusively for the sake of advertising will result in being banned instantly and without warning.
3. No spamming. This is when a person makes a useless post with little to no content or discussion value. Other types of posts that can be considered as spam include multi-posting (posting twice or more times in a row in the same topic with no other posts in between), bumping threads (posting just to make a thread appear at the top of the page), and flaming/trolling (posting exclusively for the sake of insulting and provoking another member of the forums), but there are exceptions that our staff will excuse at their own discretion.
4. Highly explicit, grotesque, and/or pornographic material can only be posted in threads designated with a [NSFW] (not safe for work) tag in the title. Failure to adhere to this will result in subsequent deletion of your post and a warning. Posting illegal imagery is completely forbidden.
5. Signatures cannot exceed 550x200 pixels in size, and cannot exceed 200 Kb in filesize. No exceptions to this rule. Multiple images or blocks of text that individually are below the limits but add up to exceed them are also considered violations.
6. No topic hijacking. This is when a person uses someone else's thread for a different purpose than was originally intended. Exceptions can be made if the thread starter deems it acceptable.
7. When creating a new thread, please post it in the appropriate designated forum that it is intended for. Multiple consecutive violations will result in warnings.
TIP: Please create polls with "Single Choice" selection unless intended otherwise. This does not mean that the poll can only have one option; it means that the poll can have multiple options but you can only choose one of them. It is irritating when people do not format this properly.
TIP: If you make a mistake in a post, then use the edit button to fix it. If you make a post by accident such as when you double-post a message, then replace the contents of one with a request for a moderator/administrator to delete it. Doing so will stop you from being warned.
TO TELL IF YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED:
Check the warn bar in your general stats displayed below your avatar in your posts, or look in your profile. The lightly shaded blocks show how many excuses you have left, and dark ones represent warnings you have received. Click on the percentage to find out what you have been warned for. If you do not think it is a good reason, then PM a moderator with an appeal.
TIP: You can see the list of moderators' names by looking underneath the forum descriptions and clicking on the link that is labeled "Moderators".
TO LOWER YOUR WARN LEVEL:
PM a moderator or admin after at least one week of your last warning and request it to be taken down a certain number of blocks. We will consider your behavior, and if you have improved, we will take it down. If you have been helpful, rule-abiding, and good to others, we may take it down without a request.
Thank you for reading this message and enjoy the forums.