Bionicle Rules and Virtues
Greetings! I am Sir Kohran, proud moderator of the BIONICLE forum. Firstly, you should read the Terms of Service, as they are the basis for the following list.
Just like any proper forum, there are certain rules that are put into place to make sure everyone has an enjoyable time.
1) No SPAM (stupid pointless annoying messages)
This one is simple and easy to follow. Each post should be AT LEAST ten words long, have some proper meaning, and have good spelling. If you want to change something in your post, don't post it again, just use the 'Edit' button to change something in your original post. If your post violates any of those requirements above, then I WILL delete it.
2) Keep your images a reasonable size
Not everyone has broadband, and so not everyone can load gigantic images that also stretch the screen. The maximum size allowed for any picture is 400x300 pixels. Anything bigger gets deleted. If you want to show a picture bigger than that, then use somewhere like BrickShelf.com or Maj.com to host your images, and link to them. If you don't know how to do this, then ask. Don't ignore these rules.
Show respect to me, show respect to other moderators, show respect to the administrators and show respect to everyone on this site. Keep your discussions civil, and don't flame (insult) anyone. Don't try and start arguments (trolling). That way, everyone's happy. This doesn't mean you can't debate things or have differing views, just don't take them to a personal level. If I find your posts or topics to be offensive or provocative, then they WILL be deleted, and further action may be taken according to how bad your post was.
4) No profanity, sexually explicit or indecent images
This one should go without saying, but some people need clarifying, for some reason. This is a LEGO based forum, not a pornography board. Simple. If you want to do this sick stuff, then go elsewhere, because this is a forum that's going to be kept clean of people with dirty minds and pictures. Break this one, and we will BAN YOU. For good. NO exceptions!
5) No off-topic threads
This is the BIONICLE forum. There is a forum for Space. There is a forum for General Lego. Don't post something in the wrong place because you think you will get more attention. The only attention you will get is the deletion of your topic and a warning. If you don't know where to put something, then feel free to ask a moderator or admin.
1) Reprimand by a moderator or admin. This is just a simple talking-to. It is basically a warning not to repeat the offending action. This is reserved for minor offenses.
2) Suspension. A break from posting because of a rule violation. Suspension can last anywhere from a few days to indefinite suspension.
3) Banning. Banning means that you are no longer invited to participate in our forums. Once a member has been banned it is permanent and cannot be reversed by anyone except the Administrator who preformed the banning. This is a severe punishment for a severe wrong-doing.
4) Legal action. Legal action is not out of the question if property destruction occurs because of mischievous behavior such as hacking and virus sending. You can be traced in all the actions you perform, so think twice about doing anything serious. We have no problem with throwing a mischievous 14-year-old in jail should they cause damage.
Oh, and one last rule:
6) Have fun
Everyone, this board was formed for Lego builders to enjoy themselves. This is a rule that should be easy to follow! Wink
Any questions about anything above? Confused? Post about it here, or PM me.