InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to ZTDC. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Installing Zoo Tycoon 2 Downloads
Mr.Weasel
Posted: Oct 17 2009, 05:30 PM

King of the Ocean

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,610

I've dedicated some of my time to creating this short, and easy to follow "newbies" guide to installing Zoo Tycoon downloads. Each step has been typed in a simple format for easier understanding.

Note: This tutorial is mainly based on Windows XP, but the principles will probably be the same for Windows Vista or any other operating system.

Let's get started!

Firstly, it'd be a good idea to get your hands on an archive manager such as WinRAR. I'll be using WinRAR in this tutorial. You can download WinRAR here.

Download Types:

There are two common download types:

- A single .ztf file which look's something like this:

user posted image

Note:
My icon is the Marine Mania icon because Marine Mania was the last expansion I installed. Yours will probably either be the same, or the Extinct Animals one.

- Shell file (.rar), which looks something like this:

user posted image

Installing a .Z2F file

The most common method of installing a .z2f file is as follows...

1. Once you have downloaded the .z2f file, navigate to your Zoo Tycoon directory, which is commonly located at:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2

2. Place the .ztf file within your Zoo Tycoon directory and then you're done!

Installing a Shell-based Download

1. Download your desired download to your Desktop.

2. Once you have downloaded your .rar file (the download), right-click on it and select "Extract here".

user posted image

3. A folder should be extracted to the desktop. Inside that folder is a .DL file and another folder. Within that second folder is the download itself.

4. Navigate to your downloads folder. The downloads folder is commonly located at:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\downloads

5. Drag the folder you extracted onto your Desktop and drop it into your downloads folder which is (commonly) located at:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\downloads

Then you're all done!

Copyright

This tutorial was created by Mr.Weasel for the Zoo Tycoon: Designing Centre. Please do not copy this tutorial onto another site without Mr.Weasel's given permission.

--------------------
Interested in all things marine.
user posted image
user posted image
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

<--!Info Box by Alert_911 made for Invisionfree!-->
Zoo Tycoon 2 Designing Centre
Administrator | Senior Moderator | Moderator| Expert| Affiliate| Validating| Banned|
Welcome to the ZT2 Designing Centre. If you have any questions about designing feel free to post in the forums above. We also have downloads at the bottom of the forum if you wish. Enjoy!

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0406 seconds | Archive