InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Wally Kurth Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Gearfest 2010
michelle
Posted: Jun 28 2010, 08:17 AM

Wally Fan

Group: Members
Member No.: 14

Spent the weekend in Indiana at Gearfest to see Kurth and Taylor do a mini concert and presentation on how to make your own videos on a budget. The band was awesome and they did a great job with the presentation, I know nothing about music and learned some things!

It was great to see the band and great friends. And Karen if you are reading this, it was great to meet you and your husband :) Hope to see you both again sometime!
Quarterdine
Posted: Jun 28 2010, 06:03 PM

Wally Fan

Member No.: 15

I *am* reading this. *Waves to all*

I was shocked and so happy to see friends at Gearfest! Jeff and I got a last minute notice of it, and I was SO happy we did. It was a great "date" for us. Unlike you other stalkers (no names will be mentioned), I haven't been to a concert in 5 years. So it was great to get that little bit of fix!

I thought the band looked great, sounded great, played great!

One of the most pleasing things for me is that I genuinely think the band took the Sweetwater staff and incidental guests/attendees by surprise. Perhaps it was my imaginiation, but I just seemed to sense a ripple of surprise by the audience at how really good the band sounded. (No surprise to the old timers, of course.) I was also happy to hear them in a performing theater whose sound could only enhance their performance acoustically. Pat really wowed them with his riff--especially in his exhausted so-tired-he-was-magic state.

Michelle, we loved talking to and having dinner with you, Anji, and Kim.

Missed you, Tracey!

~~Q, who hopes K&T will be the "resident" band next year at Gearfest
KimAshton
Posted: Jun 28 2010, 09:35 PM

Wally Fan

Member No.: 12

:rolleyes: Wonders who you are calling stalkers Q? :P

It was so great to see you again. So thrilled that you came. :)

(Posted Image)
Anji
Posted: Jul 2 2010, 06:29 AM

Board Moderator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

Last weekend was fun. Kurth and Taylor rocked the house. :) Both the concert and the presentation was fabulous. I learned a great deal. It was a lot of fun.

Q- it was so good to see you and Jeff. I'm glad we got a chance to catch up. 5 years has been way too long. :) I'm so happy you guys came. ((HUGS))

KimAshton
Posted: Jul 2 2010, 05:05 PM

Wally Fan

Member No.: 12

You can find more of my pics:

http://kimashton.smugmug.com
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Skin created by Vision of the InvisionFree Skin Zone.net