forestbackgroundcopy

Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Lost Glade -A Woodelf Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Lost Glade News
Leading Kindreds

1st: Alter
70pts
2nd: Spellsinger
50pts
3rd: Eternal
30pts

Kindred Scoreboard
ANNOUNCEMENTS
Please Read the News Section

Welcome Back to The Lost Glade!

Well the new year has started and with it a rejuvenation of the kindred cup. All kindreds have been reset so if your not in one tell an admin what you want. The competitions will be happening each month starting with the Vaul's Anvil Challenge which will continue all year in order to motivate players to paint their miniatures so be sure to pop on into Vauls anvil for that!

A few other changes will be made very soon so if anybody is having any problems with anything tell an admin and we will get it sorted.

And lastly, don't forget to click the Warvault affiliate banner to the right over there! Vote for us and make us the #1 Wood Elf forum.
Useful Links
Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!
Affiliates
Link To Us

Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

James Melton, dead at 16., Sad news indeed.
Xander
  Posted: Sep 17 2007, 12:29 AM
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Citizen of the Glade

Group: Wanderer
Member No.: 479

About an hour ago, I received this email:

Good evening members of Gamers Crossing.

I have some very very sad news. On Wednesday September 12 2007, James Melton passed away at the age of 16. Many of you may not have known James but we was loved by those who knew him. He was employed at the Oakville Battle Bunker during the Summer as Summer Time Help and a strong supporter of this Gaming Club. His loss has been hard on many but more so on his Family/Fellow gamer Erik Melton. This coming Thursday will be our Monthly Gamers Crossing meeting where we will our respects to the memory of James.

Please members try to attend this meeting.

R.I.P James

James Melton, or Highborn Sycath, as he is known on these forums, will be sorely missed.

My email reply to the above email message was this:

Oh my goodness.

I had just recently struck up a friendship with James as he and I are both Administrators of Forums dedicated to Warhammer Armies. I am shocked. He was the one to tell me about this Gaming Club in the first place. Having known him only a short while, I can see how strongly he would be missed. I miss him now, and of everyone who were counted amoung his friends, I probably knew him the least.

This is sad news indeed. I am on late shift this week and will not be able to make the meeting. (Sadly, I was on the late shift last month too, however, I did stop by the bunker around 8:30pm to see if anyone remained). To leave us so young is surely a tragedy, and it saddens me to know I will not be able to grieve with others this Thursday. If I may be so bold, do we know the cause of death?

In shock,
-David Clarke

I will let you all know more, as I learn it.
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Lynx
Posted: Sep 17 2007, 04:53 AM

Wardancer Lord
Group Icon

Group: Guardian
Member No.: 21

blink.gif

I can't believe this. I just can't.

I'm reply to this in more detail soon - I don't know what to say right now as I'm in a state of shock... sad.gif
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
The Wanderer
Posted: Sep 17 2007, 05:40 AM

Citizen of the Glade

Member No.: 535

You mean, the guy with admin rank here?! Oh man, that really sucks... I barely even knew him but he seemed like a great guy. I thought he was in his 30's though (it surprises me to see admins on forum be 15-16 e.g. him and Nagathi as asrai.org).

Um, how did it happen? I did'nt know if he had any ailment or anything so, yeah...

The Wanderer
P.S. Um, would irt be OK if I posted this at the other foums I go to? I know that some people there knew him...

This post has been edited by The Wanderer on Sep 17 2007, 05:42 AM
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Quercia dei Eternita
Posted: Sep 17 2007, 05:47 AM

Citizen of the Glade

Member No.: 4

Unbelievable.
Spoony
Posted: Sep 17 2007, 06:01 AM

Citizen of the Glade

Group: No Kindred
Member No.: 81

That's... horrible. May he be playing many a game of warhammer in the afterlife.
Alustriel
Posted: Sep 17 2007, 06:36 AM

Citizen of the Glade

Member No.: 28

*shock*

Horrible news to wake up to... im really sorry to hear that he is no longer amongst our ranks, let us all hope that he is a better place now, than the place that took him away from us with unknown purpose...
Nelyafinwë
Posted: Sep 17 2007, 06:57 AM

Resident Tolkienfreak
Group Icon

Group: Wardancer
Member No.: 43

Can't say that I knew Sycath, but still this is horrible. I too would like to know what happened but as of now I think paying our respect to his memory is more important.

Rest in peace, James.

This post has been edited by Nelyafinwë on Sep 17 2007, 06:58 AM
The Golden Arrow
Posted: Sep 17 2007, 11:07 AM

Citizen of the Glade

Member No.: 499

I didn't know him either, but this is still extremely sad. The little I knew he seamed like a great guy. For someone to pass away at such young age is just horrible.

R.I.P
Foxtale
Posted: Sep 17 2007, 11:44 AM

Hawk Lord
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Wow...
Geep
Posted: Sep 17 2007, 11:51 AM

Citizen of the Glade
Group Icon

Group: Ancient
Member No.: 63

I assume this isn't a really poor joke?

That's... sad and surprising. Any idea what happened? I don't know what to say...

Edit: I just noticed the change to the banner- a nice touch for rememberance.

This post has been edited by Geep on Sep 17 2007, 12:09 PM
Zelt Arruin
Posted: Sep 17 2007, 12:06 PM

Citizen of the Glade
Group Icon

Member No.: 19

I noticed that he wasn't on very much as of late, though this isn't quite what I was expecting. How are we going to deal with this, though, without an admin? This isn't intended to sound uncaring, but rather than rather than a period of mourning, I believe we should honour him with future deeds.
Foxtale
Posted: Sep 17 2007, 12:26 PM

Hawk Lord
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

We'll deal. We always do. We're wood elves.
Darkblade
Posted: Sep 17 2007, 12:34 PM

Citizen of the Glade

Group: No Kindred
Member No.: 18

Even if I find this hard to believe I can't think anyone would joke about this..... That would just be too sick..

Anyhow I have been with him since I first started Wood Elf forums. Back on good old Raining Glade. I must say I am quite shocked. And hope he is somewhere better now.

Furthermore I feel sorry for his family. No parents, no matter who, should ever have to burry their childs. Thats just to sad...
Geep
Posted: Sep 17 2007, 12:52 PM

Citizen of the Glade
Group Icon

Member No.: 63

Given how much he gave to this site I'd think a permanent active memorial would be appropriate- I could re-name the painting competition after him, but that's a pretty meagre thing...
Maybe if we keep up with those 'annual' awards for best post, best new member etc. the best new member award should be named after him?

Did anyone know enough to know what his main focus was in the game? painting/ modelling/ playing/ designing?
SeanyPrawny
Posted: Sep 17 2007, 01:21 PM

Eternal Artist
Group Icon

Member No.: 227

It's strage, I feel so sad at this loss yet I barly knew the guy and have never met him but when I think about all the help he gave me and how much good he has done on this website it makes me happy to know that although he has died at such a young age he helped so many.

He'll be sorely missed.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Topic OptionsPages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2176 seconds | Archive

This site is not associated with Games Workshop, nor claims any ownership of trademarks in any way.

Skin created by Foxtale and Highborn Sycath.