forestbackgroundcopy

Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Lost Glade -A Woodelf Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Lost Glade News
Leading Kindreds

1st: Alter
70pts
2nd: Spellsinger
50pts
3rd: Eternal
30pts

Kindred Scoreboard
ANNOUNCEMENTS
Please Read the News Section

Welcome Back to The Lost Glade!

Well the new year has started and with it a rejuvenation of the kindred cup. All kindreds have been reset so if your not in one tell an admin what you want. The competitions will be happening each month starting with the Vaul's Anvil Challenge which will continue all year in order to motivate players to paint their miniatures so be sure to pop on into Vauls anvil for that!

A few other changes will be made very soon so if anybody is having any problems with anything tell an admin and we will get it sorted.

And lastly, don't forget to click the Warvault affiliate banner to the right over there! Vote for us and make us the #1 Wood Elf forum.
Useful Links
Warvault Webring
Vote for us at the Warvault.net Webring!
Affiliates
Link To Us

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Staff Changes
Highborn Sycath
Posted: Aug 14 2007, 10:28 PM
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Guardian
Member No.: 1

Hey there everyone, Since the current admins are finding it hard to set aside time to come on the site as much as we would like, we have agreed that it was time for a promotion to make it easier to run the site.

With that out of the way, it is my pleasure to announce that Lynx has been promoted to ancient, meaning he now has access to the admin panel and can do things such as sort people into kindreds. In addition to that, foxtale has been promoted to the role of guardian.

thank you for your patience, hopefully we will be able to find the time to become more active soon.
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Servant of Isha
Posted: Aug 15 2007, 01:07 PM

Citizen of the Glade

Group: Wanderer
Member No.: 36

*claps and passes around elven wine*

We understand, oh mighty admins. The work of the great ones is never ending... *starts to mutter and grumble under breath*

But seriously, everyone has busy periods, and we appreciate what you guys do.

If there's anything I can do to help in anyway I'd be glad to, as I'm sure would many other people - I mean we are your myriad army of servants (of doom)...

Oh, and just a question: what exactly is the difference between Ancient and Guardian? Ok, Guardian is technically higher up, but in the sense of what they have access to around the site?

Servant of Isha.
Highborn Sycath
Posted: Aug 15 2007, 07:20 PM

Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1

they both have acess to the same things but guardians are root admins meaning the site is theres and things like that.
Darkblade
Posted: Aug 16 2007, 08:50 PM

Citizen of the Glade

Group: No Kindred
Member No.: 18

As Isha said, everyone is buzzy at time and its all fine. And I also think its a good idea promoting Lynx. He do a lot of work allready, which is much appriciated.
The Wanderer
Posted: Aug 16 2007, 09:48 PM

Citizen of the Glade

Member No.: 535

Do you guys have moderators here, or is it all just admins?
Just a question that's been nagging me for a while...

T.W.
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Darkblade
Posted: Aug 16 2007, 10:36 PM

Citizen of the Glade

Member No.: 18

We have a very few Mods. I am one of them. I am mod of the Fluff forum. And then I think there is another two or three somewhere.
Servant of Isha
Posted: Aug 16 2007, 11:35 PM

Citizen of the Glade

When we started we had two global mods (wardens), Lynx and B-rad - both of which have been promoted to the level of Ancient, one of the two mod types (which I now know the difference between happy.gif). Currently we have no wardens.

We also have 2 local moderators, one each for Vaul's Anvil (Painting and Modelling) and the Council of Bards (RPGs and Stories). These are Geep and Darkblade respectively.

The Kindred Leaders have mod powers over their respective sub-forums, but they aren't mods in the general sense (they have no other powers and cannot access the mod forums etc).

The Admins are: Highborn Sycath, Foxtale, Lynx, B-rad and Gethin. Gethin isn't active, and neither (at the moment) is B-rad.

Generally we find everyone is a friendly lot, so we rarely need the powers of law-keeping moderators. Their main jobs are stickying/un-stickying topics (which often requires you to poke them first tongue.gif) and moving people into kindreds (admins) - Plus whatever secret meetings they have in their private forum ninja.gif.

Servant of Isha.

This post has been edited by Servant of Isha on Aug 17 2007, 12:46 AM
Lynx
Posted: Aug 17 2007, 04:32 AM

Wardancer Lord
Group Icon

Member No.: 21

Thanks everyone, I promise you I will be a fair and hard working administrator for The Lost Glade! cool.gif

P.S. Don't worry, we don't have any sinister secrets in the mod forum...or do we?... shifty.gif
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
The Wanderer
Posted: Aug 17 2007, 05:01 AM

Citizen of the Glade

Member No.: 535

I don't really think mods are necesarry, except to just make sure everything is running well when the admins aren't on. At the Round Table and the Pyramid Vault, the mods let it be known that they are mods (at RTB, they have a whole separate rank, and it says 'moderator' above thier avatar. At TPV, they have it in their sig).

Only 3 mods though? RTB has... 4 at least. And another 4 admins. 2 different levels...
TPV has... only 2 mods I've seen... and 2 admins I've seen, but I know that there are more.

T.W.

P.S. What does the '+' mean infront of Darkblade's and Servant of Isha's names mean?

This post has been edited by The Wanderer on Aug 17 2007, 05:03 AM
Geep
Posted: Aug 17 2007, 05:55 AM

Citizen of the Glade
Group Icon

Group: Ancient
Member No.: 63

Congratulations Lynx and Foxtale
Spoony
Posted: Aug 17 2007, 06:05 AM

Citizen of the Glade

Member No.: 81

The + means that they're kindred leaders.
Servant of Isha
Posted: Aug 17 2007, 09:03 AM

Citizen of the Glade

Ah, I should have mentioned about the colours...

The Guardians (top rank admin) are purple.
The Ancients (admins) are light blue.
The Wardens (global mods) are/were yellow or dark cyan/turquoise.
+The Kindred Leaders (as stated by Spoony) are grey with the '+' sign.
Members within a kindred are orange.
Members who aren't in a kindred are white.

We have a topic explaining it Here, but it needs updating.

The Global mods were shown to be mods, but the local ones tend not to, though they could put it in their signature if they wanted to.

We need more, you think? Perhaps. It mights be an idea to asign local mods to each forum, though most don't need it as such.

Servant of Isha.

This post has been edited by Servant of Isha on Aug 17 2007, 11:42 AM
Lynx
Posted: Aug 17 2007, 10:40 AM

Wardancer Lord
Group Icon

Member No.: 21

Actually, G-Mods have a dark blue-green sort of colour. Mine was yellow because I had one of the winning painting competition entrys, and I chose to change my user name color.
Servant of Isha
Posted: Aug 17 2007, 11:31 AM

Citizen of the Glade

I thought so originally, but I couldn't work out how to get that colour! Hmm, let's try ... *colour test* ... edit:no. I didn't think it would work - I tried turquoise, which ended up the same as cyan as I should have guessed. ... *colour test* ...... *colour test* ...(why did azure turn out white?)... *colour test* ...... *colour test* ...... *colour test* ...... *colour test* ... I've Found It!! biggrin.gif it only took me about 15 tries (I did loads which did nothing). It's [ color = darkcyan ].

The page explaining things wihch I linked to has it in yellow too, so I think the colour's been adopted!

Servant of Isha.

This post has been edited by Servant of Isha on Aug 17 2007, 11:42 AM
Nightstalker
Posted: Aug 17 2007, 01:39 PM

Citizen of the Glade
Group Icon

Group: Ancient
Member No.: 51

The mods are needed just in order to keep the non regular posters (usually spambots) in line its a sad fact but it's one thats become a nessecity.

Congrats to those who've been upgraded
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1935 seconds | Archive

This site is not associated with Games Workshop, nor claims any ownership of trademarks in any way.

Skin created by Foxtale and Highborn Sycath.