Skin created by chawk. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Supernatural. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Something That's Kinda Bothering Me...
Lily_Kat_89
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 04:11 AM

Hookman

Group: Members
Member No.: 40,625

We learned way back in The Rapture that Castiel's vessel, Jimmy, was aware of everything that had happened during the course of the time he had been a vessel. And he implied that it was really unpleasent.

How do you think all this is affecting him? I mean, this is way worse than before. Getting killed, opening Purgatory, taking in all the souls, and now having the Leviathans in control...

Do you think Jimmy knows what's happening? Or is he dead? Thoughts, anyone?
Tricky_615
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 04:46 AM

Dean~Velvety Smooth!

Member No.: 45,915

jimmy is dead. he died in the episode when the demons kidnapped his wife and daughter. and i think it was his possessed wife that gave the killing shot. if castiel had not entered jimmy would have been buried by now. i am sure it was all castiel in that vessel at least up to the eating of the monster soul buffet.
Raven524
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 01:55 PM

Winchester
Group Icon

Group: Co-Admin
Member No.: 6,079

Jimmy is dead or maybe the better way to put it is his soul has gone to heaven and supposedly at peace. I don't remember the exact phrasing, but when he made the trade for his daughter, Cas told him he would be rewarded by going to a better place.

Also, in this last episode when they thought Cas was 'dead', Bobby noted his body was cold. So I'm pretty sure Jimmy did not have to go through Cas's possession by the souls of Purgatory. smile.gif
ShadowX81
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 04:17 PM

Vampire

Member No.: 19,645

Jimmy isn't dead. That isnt what happened.

What happened was Jimmy got shot and Castiel was in his daughter. Castiel told Jimmy that for his service over the past year, he would be rewarded with a spot in heaven. Jimmy did not want his daughter to go through the same thing he did, so he asked to be made Castiel's vessel again. Castiel warned him that this time it would be indefinate, but Jimmy agreed anyway. When Castiel entered him, he was healed.

The next season there was an eppisode where Jimmy had such a strong craving for burgers that Castiel couldn't even control it. This shows that Jimmy is in there somewhere.

Since Cas wasn't dead last episode, the fact that his body was cold was irrelevant. Maybe it was cold out or something.
charmed1of2
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 05:54 PM

Never trust any Vampires holding Lasagna
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 5,794

Jimmy isn't dead. That isnt what happened

Well even though you have this as stated as fact Shadow instead of your view of the situation there are many different opinions on that subject. There is no right or wrong opinion, because it’s how people see it differently.

What happened was Jimmy got shot and Castiel was in his daughter. Castiel told Jimmy that for his service over the past year, he would be rewarded with a spot in heaven. Jimmy did not want his daughter to go through the same thing he did, so he asked to be made Castiel's vessel again. Castiel warned him that this time it would be indefinate, but Jimmy agreed anyway. When Castiel entered him, he was healed.

To me, when Jimmy was shot, that was a lethal injury. He was dying and begged Castiel to take him back in because he didn’t want his daughter used as a vessel.

And for taking him back in and being “rewarded” in heaven meant that Jimmy served his time here on Earth and was sent to heaven * his soul*. I don’t think he was healed but just a vessel for Castiel.

The next season there was an eppisode where Jimmy had such a strong craving for burgers that Castiel couldn't even control it. This shows that Jimmy is in there somewhere.

See, I’m still not convinced here that Jimmy was still “alive” in the meatsuit.

But I don’t think the show will ever return to that time and explain it. So we probably won’t know for absolutely sure but just our own take on the episode. shrug.gif
Tawrens
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 05:59 PM

Wendigo

Member No.: 4,823

Regardless of the temperature a body has some warmth being the blood is traveling through the system causing heat. There is a difference between a live body which has a noticeable warmth compared to a dead body. I wonder though perhaps the body was cold because Jimmy was dead and Cas wasn't keeping the body regulated to approximate human normal? When Cas blew up standing with Chuck against the archangels may have been when Jimmy died. Anna was able to get her body back after taking back her grace so maybe whoever after Jimmy went boom decided it would be easier and more comfortable to give Cas Jimmy's appearance?
Raven524
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 06:06 PM

Winchester
Group Icon

I guess we'll never know for sure but I always viewed it the same way as Ruby's second body. The demon took over after the person 'died' so I assume Cas would be able to do the same.

It's all in the way you look at it I guess. shrug.gif
ShadowX81
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 07:18 PM

Vampire

QUOTE (charmed1of2 @ Sep 26 2011, 01:54 PM)

To me, when Jimmy was shot, that was a lethal injury. He was dying and begged Castiel to take him back in because he didn’t want his daughter used as a vessel.

And for taking him back in and being “rewarded” in heaven meant that Jimmy served his time here on Earth and was sent to heaven * his soul*. I don’t think he was healed but just a vessel for Castiel.

Exactly. The shot was lethal and Jimmy would have died if not for Castiel entering him again.

Castiel (as Jimmy's daughter) even tried to get him to accept the deal of going to heaven by warning him of what would happen if he agreed to be the vessel again. Cas would have had no reason to do that if Jimmy was going to go to heaven anyway.

It has been established several times that an angel heals you when it is inside of you, so the angel has a healthy body to work with. While demons only heal temporarily, with the wounds instantly returning when the demon exits the body (Meg, Ruby 1), angel healing seems to be permanent, as Jimmy showed no evidence of the injuries that Cas had sustained over the season.
charmed1of2
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 07:38 PM

Never trust any Vampires holding Lasagna
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 5,794

Sorry but I still think Jimmy was dead back then. And Cas was using his body but we don't have to agree on things because like I stated everyone has their own take on the episode shrug.gif

I just sit back and enjoy the episodes while we still have them. smile.gif
ShadowX81
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 07:53 PM

Vampire

So why exactly did Castiel try to get Jimmy to accept going to heaven and warn him of the dangers of being made a vessel again if he was going to die anyway?

Its not an opinion. Its pretty clear that this is what the dialouge was saying.
SamIsLarger
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 08:49 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 52,751

I also recall Castiel telling Jimmy that he won't die, or age, that if this last year painful for him, then he should picture a hundred, a thousand more like it. Castiel basically told Jimmy he will not die. I don't think it comes down to opinion on the matter. Fact is fact. You can have an opinion, but when the dialogue speaks as clearly as that, it's pretty much stated fact that Jimmy is alive and he's still in there.
cherrybrandy
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 10:26 PM

Woman in White

Member No.: 22,047

I agree that Jimmy was definitely alive at that point when he was given the choice. I also think it was made clear and not left to interpretation ( sorry charmed wink.gif )

When he exploded however I like to think that Jimmy was killed and went to heaven and whoever resurrected Cas (God we are told) simply gave him his old meat suit back. There would be no reason to put Jimmy's soul back in there. This is just my opinion though and not necessarily canon. I don't think we'll ever know for sure. I think the writers just forgot about Jimmy to be honest.
Raven524
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 11:28 PM

Winchester
Group Icon

When he exploded however I like to think that Jimmy was killed and went to heaven and whoever resurrected Cas (God we are told) simply gave him his old meat suit back. There would be no reason to put Jimmy's soul back in there. This is just my opinion though and not necessarily canon. I don't think we'll ever know for sure. I think the writers just forgot about Jimmy to be honest.

I agree, I may not have remembered exactly what happened during Rapture accurately but I honestly don't think Jimmy survived being made into chunky soup. But as you say, I don't think we'll ever know for sure shrug.gif

smile.gif
Kyle
Posted: Sep 27 2011, 03:33 AM

I'm a Time Traveler...I point and laugh at Archeologists
Group Icon

Group: Forum Moderator
Member No.: 6,986

Well if Jimmy wasn't killed when Cas was turned into chunky soup by Chuck's Archangel, exploded by Luc or by Cas taking in all the souls from Purgatory, I'm sure he's dead now that the Leviathans have taken over his body. Either that or he and Cas are now locked into a room in Jimmy/Cas' brain playing poker.
Serenity&Chaos
Posted: Sep 27 2011, 04:38 AM

Awesomeness Incarnate

Member No.: 5,782

I thought Jimmy was dead the moment in "Sympathy For The Devil" when Chuck said that Castiel exploded into chunky soup by Raphael but then came back wearing Jimmy's vessel.

To me, I had the idea that from that Jimmy died, went to Heaven but God repaired Jimmy's body and let Castiel take up perminant residence. But then there was that craving for burgers thing in "My Bloody Valentine" so now I don't know. lol I think Jimmy's dead. That's my take on it. lol
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1016 seconds | Archive