Skin created by chawk. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Supernatural. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

More Powerful: Eve Or The Leviathan?
JDFP
Posted: Sep 25 2011, 04:38 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,326

I thought the opener was fantastic, but something that has me absolutely confused is the issue as to whether Eve (The Mother of All) or the Leviathan are more powerful and more important. It seemed to be made clear last season that Eve was the Queen of Purgatory and in charge of the place. But, if the Leviathan are as old as she if not older (which came first, the Leviathan or Eve?) why wouldn't they be in charge of Purgatory as opposed to her? I guess I'm just trying to understand the pecking order of Purgatory here.

The show will have to give some type of explanation of how Eve and all her monster creations fit in with the Leviathan though (hopefully a satisfactory one) as the Leviathan are going to have to be a more dangerous threat (as they seem to be) to Sam/Dean/Bobby than Eve was (and I think Eve was woefully underused personally).

Here's my vote that we get an introduction to Cthulhu making an appearance too! As an "Ancient One" perhaps Cthulhu is a Leviathan!

j.p.
Raven524
Posted: Sep 25 2011, 01:15 PM

Winchester
Group Icon

Group: Co-Admin
Member No.: 6,079

Well I think from Death's description, the Leviathan came before Eve. I guess I never thought she was ruling Purgatory, but more like the creator of monsters.

It is an interesting question that I'm not sure we'll get an answer to. I would guess though that since the Leviathans were strong enough to remain behind and also take over control of an angel (Cas) means they were stronger than Eve to begin with and most likely the ones in charge in Purgatory.

Of course it's just conjecture laugh.gif
Maneth
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 12:22 AM

I'm the sales woman that can mess with your mind

Member No.: 21,256

I think the Leviathans seem more powerful, in lore AND in SPN lol
remini
Posted: Sep 27 2011, 10:00 PM

Member No.: 53,123

I think maybe the Leviathans are stronger? It kind of reminds me of how Lucifer has a cage in Hell. Even though Crowley is currently the Kind of Hell, Lucifer is still stronger so maybe its the same with Eve, because as far as we know, the Leviathans were just locked up in Purgatory.
MapleMaster
Posted: Sep 28 2011, 08:58 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51,785

I kind of thought Eve was a Leviathan. Death said the Leviathans were made before man or angel, and Eve was also stated to be older than Castiel, so it makes sense in my head.

If not, then there is currently no way to know for sure.
Posted: Aug 2 2013, 06:55 AM

Unregistered

Eve may be older than Castiel, but it says leviathans were gods first creations
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0819 seconds | Archive