Skin created by chawk. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Supernatural. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (6) « First ... 4 5 [6]  ( Go to first unread post )

7.01 Meet The New Boss, Discuss the episode here
lala2
Posted: Sep 25 2011, 04:27 AM

Shapeshifter

Group: Members
Member No.: 818

Well, I guess Iím real easy to please b/c I loved the premiere!

Iíve been watching since the very first episode and have, for the most part, enjoyed every single episode and season. IMO, Season 6 was much better than Season 5. While I didnít hate Season 5, I was still very disappointed w/it. It just didnít live up to my expectations. Like I said, I didnít dislike any of the individual episodes, but it just didnít come together for me. I wasnít excited about Season 6 and didnít think I would like it, but surprisingly, I loved the Season 6 premiere and the rest of the season. Weíre only one episode in, but Iím hooked so far!

I actually think it is probably best to view the show w/o any expectations b/c the writers will never live up to them. Seasons 1-4, I just sat back and watched. I didnít have any specific goals or expectations of the characters, and I was entertained and enjoyed those seasons despite Bela. LOL! The one season where I ďknewĒ how I wanted things to go Ė Season 5 - is, ironically, the one season where I was not satisfied at the end. I came in w/low to no expectations for Season 6 and was happy after EOMS. While I hated Lisa/Ben, I loved the mystery surrounding Samís odd behavior and Soulless Sam and the Campbells, etc. It was a good season to me.

Iím sorry for those who no longer enjoy Supernatural. Maybe, you guys can find another show you like as much as you liked Supernatural. For now, Iím just going to sit back and watch for as long as it entertains me.
bjxmas
Posted: Sep 25 2011, 04:53 AM

Quad-Winchester and Cas too!

Member No.: 220

lala2, I totally agree about the expectations...which is why I avoid spoilers and personal demands. The less I know the more show surprises and delights me. Once I start in with my expectations, the poor writers can never deliver all that I think an episode will be.

Which is why for a very long time S2 was my favorite, because they blew me away with how awesome and bold and edgy they were. They took my little show that I loved in S1 to new heights and I was shocked and amazed with regularity.

Then I came to expect greatness every single time, I expected the impossible and they still managed to deliver on so many wondrous occasions...and then there were the inevitable lackluster episode that was merely good. There is no episode I won't rewatch and find something good to enjoy in it.

I don't want to know where show will take the boys, I want to be on that thrill ride where anything is possible, even things I never imagined they could do. For me it makes the show so enjoyable, just being in the moment and enjoying the Js and the Winchesters' journey. cloud9.gif

7.01 moved faster than I thought, we took Cas from insufferably arrogant god-wannabe to repentant, old Cas to this more fearful creature that is the new Big Bad, a big bad we hadn't even considered, much less realized would be inside our beloved Cas.

They set up so many possibilities and directions show can take the boys. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us. Whatever it is, I'll be there ready to be awed once more. wub.gif

B.J.

grouphug.gif
Tricky_615
Posted: Sep 25 2011, 07:58 AM

Dean~Velvety Smooth!

Member No.: 45,915

to each their own opinions always, but i for one not only love the S7 premier, but i love all. i just love supernatural and the story of these boys. no matter where it might or might not take them, i think sera has done well. i loved season 6, just got the box set on friday. and i buy all episodes on the itunes as well.

secondly, my opinion is there is no going back to how things "used to be" with the boys, too much has happened. they have grown and therefore cannot be the same people they were when dean went to get help from sam at stanford, just like it will never make sense to me to have a show about all the witches, demons, monsters, etc and not have at least some angel presence, if for no other reason, balance. i know a lot of viewers that are really down on the use of angels on the show, but for me its just a logical avenue to take, considering all the other supernatural entities that are represented. which is why i never had a problem when angels came into the mix. i will miss our little socially awkward wingman. i hope like crazy castiel is just bound somewhere underneath these leviathans....
lala2
Posted: Sep 25 2011, 08:48 PM

Shapeshifter

Member No.: 818

Tricky, I couldn't agree more with you. The show has grown over the years. The boys aren't the same characters we met 6 yrs ago. Their experiences have changed them. I think the progression of the show has been natural. It has moved beyond the MOTW, and I think that is good.

I was on the CW boards, and some were upset that Dean didn't immediately confront Sam about the hallucinations, and that he was choosing to sit back and drink. That wasn't a problem for me, and it makes complete sense given everything Dean has been through. He was feeling helpless and hopeless at the time. He knows what Hell is like and knows he can't fix Sam's problem. He was also feeling it wasn't even worth trying re: Cas - and I can't say I blame him - so he was naturally depressed and just wanted to drink. Dean has taken a lot of hits over the years, and those hits have taken a toll of him. He's not the same guy he was in Season 1, and neither is Sam.

Sam has changed quite a bit as well. I was actually quite happy that Sam hadn't completely lost hope w/r/t Cas. He reached out to Cas, and that is largely b/c of the mistakes Sam has made. Those mistakes and missteps have shaped Sam. He didn't want to just count Cas out. He wanted to give Cas one last chance. Sam knows what it means to make a colossal error in judgment and to "go off the rails."

IMO, a good show will have characters that grow and change. I'm fine w/the writers showing that the boys experiences have shaped or influenced their behavior and reactions to events. The only times I felt the writers had written the boys in a completely OOC way was in that horrible episode, Fallen Idols and the episodes w/Bela after her introduction were offn but that's it. For the most part, the boys actions have made sense to me.

BJ, I learned a hard lesson w/Season 5. There was so much I was hoping to see, and I had my own idea of how the boys would reconcile. Needless to say, the writing did not live up to my expectations, and as a result, I rank Season 5 last in terms of quality despite loving episodes like Swan Song, The End, TSRTS, and MBV. I honestly think the only thing that would have made me happy is for what I wanted to see play out on screen! LOL! That didn't happen so I was sorely disappointed. Ever since, I've lowered my expectations for the show. That's not to say I would continue to watch if I found it crappy; I just mean that I'm not going to go into any season or episode w/a very specific desire or goal on how I want it played out.

For instance, I read good fanfic dealing w/Sam's collapsed wall and I had thoughts on how it could play out, but no specific desires on how it should happen. So, while the season finale was nothing like I imagined, I wasn't greatly disappointed either! I loved the way it played out and only wish it had been longer. In the end, I was a pleased viewer, and that's all that counts.

Like I said before, as long as the show continues to entertain me, which it does, I will watch.
Tawrens
Posted: Sep 25 2011, 11:13 PM

Wendigo

Member No.: 4,823

I read somewhere that a poster wanted Dean to forget about Cas and go find Sam when he disappeared. No. Find Sam, save Sam. Help Cas save the world. It wouldn't of helped anyone including Sam to save him if the world ended.
WitchSmellerPursuivant
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 02:53 AM

Woman in White

Member No.: 2,740

I read somewhere that a poster wanted Dean to forget about Cas and go find Sam when he disappeared. No. Find Sam, save Sam. Help Cas save the world. It wouldn't of helped anyone including Sam to save him if the world ended.

Agreed. I'm really glad the episode did this, because for me, it puts paid to the many times I've seen it argued that Dean always will--and must (because, I guess, that's what Dean is there for)--put Sam first, ahead of everything and everyone, even the world. The whole "being a brother is better than being a hero."

I've never agreed with this argument and apparently, neither does Dean. He made the hero's choice of saving the world over saving his brother, if it came down to that, and I respect him all the more for making it.
ShadowX81
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 03:50 AM

Vampire

Member No.: 19,645

How does not rejecting the boys' character development have anything to do with keeping tired and played out story arcs or characters around?

Castiel just isn't working. There is nothing to do with him. Angel politics storyline was a disasterous failure, and without a angel related storyline he is reduced to being the comic relief. Not to mention him being around at all removes the "us vs. the world" storyline that the brothers have going on by placing an all too convenient source of power and information into thier hands.
Whatever you do, he just doesn't fit.

His character was pretty good in season 4, but he just doesn't fit in the show. And keeping him around just out of some bizzare and nonsensical paranoia about "going backwards" makes no sense. Did we keep Bella or Ruby around because ditching them would be going backwards?
Freyja
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 06:15 AM

I am a Bi-Bro Fan; deal with it!

Member No.: 3,172

Shadow- You knew they were never going to get rid of Cas, he is way to popular to get rid of. blink.gif blink.gif

Color me weird but I liked evil cas better than good cas laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Misha seemed to enjoy playing a bad guy lol

April
Raven524
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 01:48 PM

Hospital Ghost
Group Icon

Group: Co-Admin
Member No.: 6,079

I have to admit, Bad Cas really did kind of creep me out. Especially the evil laugh at the end. blink.gif

I will kind of miss the old Cas, but I'm looking forward to see Misha playing the new big bad smile.gif

Shadow, I guess you just have to believe that what the Leviathan said was true--Cas is gone and the Angel storyline is apparently done. At least the war part anyway. The fact that the boys are moving on to fight the newest threat though, doesn't mean that angels and demons no longer exist, they just won't be in the forefront of the story anymore.

So if you didn't like the angel/demon storyline then this season may be more to your liking smile.gif
charmed1of2
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 01:55 PM

Never trust any Vampires holding Lasagna
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 5,794

Especially the evil laugh at the end

I don't know about some of you, but some of the evil laughter in the episode reminded me of Vincent Prise's laugh which always creeped me out as a kid.

ohgeez-1.gif Yep, showing my age here lol.
Tawrens
Posted: Sep 26 2011, 06:05 PM

Wendigo

Member No.: 4,823

QUOTE (WitchSmellerPursuivant @ Sep 26 2011, 02:53 AM)

Agreed. I'm really glad the episode did this, because for me, it puts paid to the many times I've seen it argued that Dean always will--and must (because, I guess, that's what Dean is there for)--put Sam first, ahead of everything and everyone, even the world. The whole "being a brother is better than being a hero."

I've never agreed with this argument and apparently, neither does Dean. He made the hero's choice of saving the world over saving his brother, if it came down to that, and I respect him all the more for making it.

I'm guessing Dean figured if he didn't help Cas there wouldn't be a place for Sam since the world would be gone.
NieceYou'reDead
Posted: Sep 27 2011, 02:34 AM

Purple Nurples

Member No.: 26,088

Does anyone know where i could watch this epi online?
I've looked everywhere and notta.
unsure.gif
Kyle
Posted: Sep 27 2011, 03:24 AM

I'm a Time Traveler...I point and laugh at Archeologists
Group Icon

Group: Forum Moderator
Member No.: 6,986

QUOTE (NieceYou'reDead @ Sep 26 2011, 07:34 PM)
Does anyone know where i could watch this epi online?
I've looked everywhere and notta.
unsure.gif

Try iTunes, Amazon.com, the CW or Hulu.
Jamieo_0
Posted: Sep 29 2011, 07:46 PM

I mock, with love
Group Icon

Group: Forum Moderator
Member No.: 30,981

Didn't buzz through all the pages, but all I'm going to say is that If the writers call one of the Leviathans "Moya" I'm going to fall over laughing with victory arms. biggrin.gif
ams
Posted: Nov 7 2011, 06:03 AM

Woman in White

Member No.: 17,381

i loved this episode i hope castiel comes back soon and jared and jensen did
a really good job too
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Topic OptionsPages: (6) « First ... 4 5 [6] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1322 seconds | Archive