Skin created by chawk. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Supernatural. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Forum Rules Revised Forum Rules

Please Read The Supernatural.Tv Forum Rules have been revised.

Please take a moment to review the new rules in this thread.

Thank you,
The Supernatural.Tv Forums Staff

The Most Touching Bro-hugs, No D/S gayness involved
dumbo
Posted: Oct 11 2010, 03:01 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 51,876

As far as I know or recalled, there were about 4 bro-hugs scences between S and D.

Season 2, when S was revived after D traded his soul

Season 3, when D and S was tricked by the trickster, and at end S giving D a hug after months of mental tortured by the trickster

Season 4, when D was brought back from hell and caught S doing some hookie-thing

Season 5, you know, it was two weeks ago….

Question: Which do you think is the most touching one?

“I like the one in season 3, I really felt for S, losing his bro multiple times on the same day and the mental tortured by the trickster. At the morning of the day, finally seeing D to be alive. I really like the two bro hugging at the end, I really felt for S”

shaybee
Posted: Oct 11 2010, 01:31 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 11,166

The hug in Lazarus Rising. By far my FAV. It was such a "you complete me" moment.
Dean Winchester
Posted: Oct 11 2010, 04:25 PM

Good Soldier

Member No.: 1,676

I think I felt our bond the strongest when we were in that case up in Rivergrove, Oregon.
Kyelinn
Posted: Oct 11 2010, 04:29 PM

Unregistered

There weren't any bro hugs in that ep though. dumbo is asking which bro hug was the most touching.

I'd say the one in Season 4, Lazarus Rising for sure. Sam went straight toward him and they just clung to each other and held on so tight... tissue.gif: That was the most touching hug I've seen from them yet. Sam trying not to cry, Dean just holding on with that "It's gonna be alright. I'm here" expression on his face. Nothing is more touching than that.
Dean Winchester
Posted: Oct 11 2010, 04:33 PM

Good Soldier

Member No.: 1,676

Oh. Then I'd go with when he died in my arms.
Allie Padalecki
Posted: Oct 13 2010, 10:04 PM

Wendigo

Member No.: 34,553

The hug in All Hell Breaks Loose II, off course. BEAUTIFUL wub.gif By far my FAV wub.gif

Maneth
Posted: Oct 13 2010, 11:33 PM

I'm the sales woman that can mess with your mind

Member No.: 21,256

Lazarus Rising, they clinged to dear life in it, the one of EOMS comes in close second, even tho Sam is not showing much emotion, it was still sweet
Laura
Posted: Oct 14 2010, 04:43 AM

Woman in White

Member No.: 453

I liked all the hugs, but for some reason the one that really gets me is the one from Mystery Spot. Even though it was a one way hug, the look on Sam's face, so happy to have his brother back after experiencing six months without him, was touching. He was so little brotherly, it was sweet.

I still can't believe that in over 5 years, we've only had one reciprocated hug, in Lazarus Rising.

Nizzy
Posted: Oct 17 2010, 09:45 PM

Woman in White

Member No.: 51,291

Season 4 hug.
Claudia23
Posted: Feb 11 2012, 10:54 PM

Member No.: 53,308

In season 5, when Cupid hugged Sam and Castiel it was so cool.
And Dean asked what they're doing. tongue.gif
mc2
Posted: Feb 12 2012, 04:08 PM

Vampire

Member No.: 3,849

QUOTE (Laura @ Oct 13 2010, 08:43 PM)
I liked all the hugs, but for some reason the one that really gets me is the one from Mystery Spot. Even though it was a one way hug, the look on Sam's face, so happy to have his brother back after experiencing six months without him, was touching. He was so little brotherly, it was sweet.

I still can't believe that in over 5 years, we've only had one reciprocated hug, in Lazarus Rising.

Thankfully we've had a couple more since then.

My favorite hug is from S6 - Like a Virgin - when Sam wakes up and comes up from the panic room. cloud9.gif
bjxmas
Posted: Feb 12 2012, 06:18 PM

Quad-Winchester and Cas too!

Member No.: 220

I love ALL their hugs, including the one-sided ones like in AHBL1 when Sam was dying in Dean's arms and Dean hung on crying, "No, no, no..." Then in AHBL2 when Sam was unaware why Dean was so passionate in his hug.

Same with Mystery Spot when Dean was aware, but not feeling it. Sam was desperate, so relieved to have his brother back.

The absolute best hugs were in Lazarus Rising. When Sam finally accepted that it was Dean and they hugged. Sam was so unbelievably relieved, shocked, happy to have his brother back and Dean was the ultimate big brother, so happy to have his brother in his arms and knowing that he was back and things were gonna be okay. Pure love and need on both sides.

And while not a brotherly hug, the one between Bobby and Dean in LR was also the ultimate. Dean again the comforter, Bobby the shocked and relieved one. Beautiful emotion perfectly captured. And I believe Bobby was just as happy to be there to witness Sam and Dean's hug! cloud9.gif

B.J.

grouphug.gif
Claire39
Posted: Feb 19 2012, 08:14 PM

Wendigo

Member No.: 20,986

I have been pondering this question for a while...and I have to agree with bjxmas in that AHBL 1 when Sam was dying was the best, even though it wasn't both of them! It just breaks my heart! Also in AHbL 2 - although technically this isn't a hug - when Sam tells Dean that "You're my big brother...there's nothing i wouldn't do for you!" That's as good as ahug for me!

Also the hug from 6.12 when Sam wakes up from his brush with death and the wall! That's a close second!
kiwijenjarefan
Posted: Feb 20 2012, 05:33 AM

Scarecrow

Member No.: 45,732

I love all their brotherly hugs. wub.gif

I remember seeing AHBL for the first time as a clip on youtube. I couldn't believe they killed Sam! ohmy.gif I bawled my eyes out during that last scene. tissue.gif

And although not strictly a hug, I always love the touching scene from Simon Said just after the guy (professor?) has been hit by the bus. Sam is sitting on the roadside clearly distraught that he was unable to save the guy, and Dean just has his hand resting on Sam's back or shoulder trying to comfort him. It's subtle, yet so touching. wub.gif
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1148 seconds | Archive