Skin created by chawk. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Supernatural. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Forum Rules Welcome to the Help Desk

Before starting a new thread, please check the FAQ as many topics are covered there and glance at the recent thread titles. Your question may already be answered. :)

Screen Cap, How do I make 1?
Samfan3
Posted: Jul 1 2010, 04:35 PM

Winchester World

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,181

Hello I was wondering how I can make a screen cap?
Stupid question I know.
I've got my Twitter page open in the other window with my favourites.
Have to scroll down with the bar on the side.
I want to make a cap of the whole page because a few messages at the bottom disappear every few days and I have to dig them back up, so annoying!

Help needed please! smile.gif
Katie
Posted: Jul 1 2010, 04:41 PM

Demon Huntress

Group: members
Member No.: 5,395

Not a stupid question at all!

All you need to do is press 'Print Screen' which is right up next to the 'Pause Break' 'Insert' and 'Delete' buttons at the top right of any standard keyboard. This essentially creates a copy of the screencap on your clipboard, which means you have simply copied the image of your whole page if that makes sense.

Then open Paint or any other image software, then press the paste button in a new document and the image will be pasted into that document.
Samfan3
Posted: Jul 1 2010, 04:57 PM

Winchester World

I think I understood what you said.
Next problem lol I am using paint.
And my twitter page doesn't fit on the paint page.
I guess I have to struggle for a while lol but if you can explain more I appreciate it! hide.gif
Yoda
Posted: Jul 1 2010, 05:37 PM

Defender of the Earth
Group Icon

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 2

Do you need a screencap of your whole Twitter page or only part of it? If you only need part of it, you can scroll down so what you need fits on the screen. The follow Katie's directions about making a screencap.
Samfan3
Posted: Jul 1 2010, 05:46 PM

Winchester World

I need a screencap of my whole page.
Or is it easier to cut the page in parts then fit it all together in 1 paint file?
*Still struggling* laugh.gif
Yoda
Posted: Jul 1 2010, 07:54 PM

Defender of the Earth
Group Icon

Yeah, if you need the whole page, then it's easier to do it in parts.
Raven524
Posted: Jul 2 2010, 05:42 AM

Hospital Ghost
Group Icon

Group: Co-Admin
Member No.: 6,079

Or you can go to print options and reduce the size. I usually set it to landscape and then reduce to 60% to get a whole screen page in.

Not maybe the techie way, but gets me there wink.gif
Samfan3
Posted: Jul 2 2010, 07:49 PM

Winchester World

QUOTE (Raven524 @ Jul 2 2010, 07:42 AM)
Or you can go to print options and reduce the size. I usually set it to landscape and then reduce to 60% to get a whole screen page in.

Not maybe the techie way, but gets me there wink.gif

How do I do that? hide.gif
Yoda
Posted: Jul 2 2010, 08:01 PM

Defender of the Earth
Group Icon

Oh, there's an idea. You could zoom out on the screen. Small enough to fit everything you want, but still big enough to read. Which browser do you use to go online?
Cinca
Posted: Jul 2 2010, 08:24 PM

Weirdy McWeirderton

Member No.: 22,000

Go to Viewing options and you should see Zoom in/Zoom out options with settings on how much you want to zoom.

ETA: Thanks for this, I just took a cap of this thread. LOL
Samfan3
Posted: Jul 2 2010, 09:08 PM

Winchester World

I am satisfied with what I have now.
Fed up too lol laugh.gif
I can read the messages and that's what counts.
Luke Skywalker
Posted: Jul 4 2010, 07:02 AM

Mystes

Group: members
Member No.: 8,366

Haha, it's amazing how the simplest things are the hardiest. I hate to add to the confusion, but there is a very easy way to do this that hopefully the most effort involved would be installing a program. If you're still interested, here's what I'd recommend:

1) Go to Gimp.org and download GIMP 2.6 for Windows.

2) Once it's finished downloading it...install it.

3) Once it's finished installing (which shouldn't take long) run GIMP.

4) When GIMP opens up, there should be three windows. One big one and two kinda smaller ones with some stuff in them. In the bigger window do the following:
File>Create>Screen Shot

5) A new window should come up about options for your screen cap. What you want to select is "Grab a single window". [Good to note here that you need to be able to see your web browser with your Twitter page open at this point]

6) After selecting "Grab a single window" and clicking "Grab", another window will pop up with a little crosshair thingy in it and it'll say, "Drag crosshair to select window". Follow those instructions. To do that, just click and hold on the crosshair, then drag it to your web browser window that you can see (you don't have to have the window up in front, you just need to be able to see an area of it), then let go of your mouse when the crosshair is over any part of your web browser window.

7) Give GIMP a little bit to think things through, and tu da! You have a screencap in GIMP. Then save and do whatever you need to. smile.gif

Hopefully that wasn't too complicated, and if you run into problems, feel free to ask. smile.gif I'll gladly help you through.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1106 seconds | Archive