Skin created by chawk. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Supernatural. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

February-May Fanvid Challenge, Deadline for submissions-- 5/31/10
Stokes
Posted: Feb 1 2010, 01:18 AM

Fire Demon
Group Icon

Group: Forum Moderator
Member No.: 34,312

Hey guys! February-March Challenge time!

Warner Brothers Studios has just announced that instead of Supernatural season six, they are producing a Supernatural movie! Okay, so I’m lying, but that would be cool, wouldn’t it? So here is your Challenge task: make a video trailer for a Supernatural movie. Your trailer can use any music (so long as it complies with board rules) and it can use any clips from Supernatural that you wish. Thanks goes out to Firecho for coming up with the idea.

Rules:
1.) There is no minimum and no maximum length, but please try to keep it no longer than five minutes.

2.) Challengers can construct up to three entries.

3.) If you decide to create more than one entry, please amend the post for your first entry to contain the other(s). It’s less confusing that way.

4.) It must be your own work. Plagiarism in any way, shape, or form in any challenge will not be tolerated (though I am shamelessly stealing from Yoda and Charmedsupernaturalfan’s rules here).

5.) It must be new work. Reposting old stuff is no longer applicable.

6.) You are responsible for hosting your own video(s). You can host the video(s) wherever you like so long as the viewers do not need to download it to view it. Some suggestions are YouTube (obviously), Photobucket, and sites of the like.

7.) Please post the link to your video(s) in this thread.

8.) If you re-host your video(s) on another site or you change the link in some way, please edit the first link with the new one. Please do not repost your new link. Again, this is just to avoid confusion.

9.) Please do not post your video(s) multiple times in the challenge thread to get more feedback. If you want more people to comment on your video, feel free to post it in the Fanvid Forum.

I believe that covers everything that I need to cover. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to PM me at any time.

Deadline for submissions is March 31st, 2010 at 10 PM EST.

Have fun and I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

-Andy (Stokes)
jensensgirl89
Posted: Feb 1 2010, 03:28 AM

Creepy Clown

Group: members
Member No.: 760

Ooooo!!!! INTERESTING! And you totally had me goin' there for a sec tongue.gif
winchesterrr
Posted: Feb 1 2010, 07:12 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,051

I couldnt enter my recap because I had it done too late in the other challenge! T_T ah well this time Im ready to work on new stuff! (Though I lost my seasons 1 to 4 episodes but 2 months is long enough for me to get them back!!! biggrin.gif)

Love the challenge! Good Luck everyone! bday2.gif
Stokes
Posted: Feb 1 2010, 10:16 PM

Fire Demon
Group Icon

If you guys have any questions, feel free to PM them to me or post them here. If your post asking suddenly disappears, it's because I've deleted it to edit the question and its answer in this post.

Q: What exactly are the board rules for what music we can use? Is it just the songs can't have foul language?

A: Basically, yeah. If it contains a word that the show can't use, we don't allow it on here. Otherwise, we're pretty lenient. If you're not sure if your song complies with the rules though, let me know which one you want to use and I'll run it by the other mods.

Q: Are we allowed to use any other kind of video or does it strictly have to be only Supernatural?

A: No. It doesn't necessarily have to be all Supernatural clips. But do try to keep a majority of the clips you use from the show.
TiaraStar_
Posted: Feb 7 2010, 06:44 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,639

Hi! I wonder if the story can be sort of made up? By that I mean, can we, for example, make a video where their parents are alive, and can we make a movie/trailer where something that has happended on the show never happended? Like it's a totally different story and concept than in the show? smile.gif
Stokes
Posted: Feb 11 2010, 04:16 PM

Fire Demon
Group Icon

QUOTE (TiaraStar_ @ Feb 7 2010, 01:44 PM)
Hi! I wonder if the story can be sort of made up? By that I mean, can we, for example, make a video where their parents are alive, and can we make a movie/trailer where something that has happended on the show never happended? Like it's a totally different story and concept than in the show? smile.gif

Yes, you can do that. The "movie" could be sort of What Is and What Should Never Be-esque, if that's what you're asking.
Stokes
Posted: May 3 2010, 05:12 PM

Fire Demon
Group Icon

I'm reopening this challenge to run through May. Deadline for submissions is now May 31st.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1150 seconds | Archive