Skin created by chawk. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Supernatural. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Devil's Trap Doesn't Work on All Demons
bamagyrl222
Posted: Apr 22 2008, 11:03 PM

Dean's Gun (Hey a girl can dream, right?)

Group: Members
Member No.: 33,013

Oops.. I hit the ENTER button instead of the SHIFT... It's supposed to say:

Devil's Trap Doesn't Work on All Demons

Edited to add: Thanks Raven524 for fixing my title!!! biggrin.gif

Well, as you can probably tell, I am brand new to this site. I usually go to cwtv.com for forums, but their message boards are SO unorganized. banghead.gif I like this one much better. biggrin.gif

This is my very first thread. Or topic, I think they're called on here.

But this is a FanFic I wrote for another site. Since then, I've done some editing and I would LOVE feedback. Only like 2 people read it on the site where I had it, but it wasn't a SPN site, so I'm hoping for more readers.

Enjoy! (I hope. wave.gif )

The woods were dark. Pitch black. The brush crackling underfoot was the only sound.

But Dean couldn't even hear that for his heart pounding.

Sammy!!! he called, for what could only be the hundredth time, his vocal chords feeling the strain. Sam!

He pushed on, endlessly forcing his way through the blackness around him. He couldn't see, he could only call for his brother. Dammit, Sam... He said under his breath, his voice breaking slightly. He leaned over and put his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath. It seemed he had been searching for hours. He took a final deep breath and was about to start moving again, when off to the right, a small sound shattered the silence of the forest, Dean?

Everything exploded into noise and motion as Dean took off, heading towards the sound... and Sam.

Dean stopped after a few yards to scream Sam's name again. He went completely still, even holding his breath, while he waited for a reply.

Dean!

Definitely closer, off to the left a little
, he thought to himself.

Dean ran as fast as he could through the undergrowth. Low-hanging branches hit him in the face, and he tripped once over a root sticking out of the ground, barely catching himself in time to keep from slamming full-force into the ground.

Dean! Help!!

I'm coming, Sammy! Hold on!! Just hold on!!!
He pushed himself roughly to his feet, sweat and blood pouring down his face. He ran even faster, shoving hanging limbs out of his way. He was about to call out again, when he tripped once more, burst through the edge of the woods, and fell into a clearing. He immediately jumped up and reached for his knife... But came up empty. Damn! he muttered as he realized he must have lost it in the trek through the forest.

Dean... the voice this time was almost a whisper, as if the energy was draining right out of the speaker.

Dean looked up and saw a lump on the ground a few yards in front of him. Sammy.. his voice was thick as he called out and ran over to Sam. When he was still a few feet from him, he dropped to his knees and slid the rest of the way.

Sam! Come on, Sam! Talk to me! It's gonna be ok, Sammy. It'll be ok. I'm gonna haul you back to the car and patch you up and you'll be good as new. Sorry, Sam, but there's nothing I can do about your face, though. I can't work miracles here. Come on, Sammy.. Sam? Sam! Dean rambled as he shook Sam and ran his hands over him, feeling for blood.

Dean? His voice was a croak. Dean... You can't save me.

What?? Shut up, Sam. You can't talk like that... You're gonna be fine.
Dean finally managed to get Sam turned over onto his back. But the moon was behind the clouds, so he still couldn't see his face.

You can't save me, Dean. There's nothing you can do.

Sam. Y-you can't talk like that, man, now come on. I've gotta---

At that moment, the moon broke through the clouds, the light almost blinding after such intense darkness. Dean's eyes widened as he jumped back and said, What the hell?, under his breath.

You can't save me, Dean.

Dean forgot to breathe as he looked down into his own face...

*~**~~***~~~*~*~~~***~~**~*

Dean woke up in a cold sweat, sitting straight up in bed. His lungs felt like they were starved for oxygen. His heart was pounding so hard, he thought it might just give out any second from the strain. He breathed deep and ran his hands over his hand, trying to get his heart to return to a more normal rhythm. But then again, since when is anything normal for the Winchesters. He looked over at Sam in the other bed and saw he was still sleeping soundly. He could even hear him snoring softly.

Deciding that he wouldn't be getting any more sleep that night, Dean untangled the sheet from around his legs and swung them over the side of the bed. Sitting on the edge, he sighed, then turned and looked at his pillow. After a moment, he reached over and pulled his 7-inch knife out from under it. He sat on the bed another moment while measuring its weight in his hand, thinking, Well... you won't be getting me out of my jamb this time... He leaned his head back and closed his eyes.

He sighed one last time, grabbed his duffel bag sitting on a chair at the foot of the bed, and went to take a shower... not realizing that Sam was no longer snoring....

This post has been edited by bamagyrl222 on Feb 5 2009, 09:26 PM
Dolly
Posted: Apr 23 2008, 07:19 PM

Dolly

Member No.: 5,337

Ohhh I like it! I wonder whats going on with Sammy boy, he's acting kinda peculiar ?
Great start can't wait for more. smileyclap22nx.gif

BTW ~ LOVE the avi!!! wub.gif I read it and just burst out laughing. rotfl.gif
bamagyrl222
Posted: Apr 23 2008, 11:32 PM

QUOTE (Dolly @ Apr 23 2008, 02:19 PM)
Ohhh I like it! I wonder whats going on with Sammy boy, he's acting kinda peculiar ?
  Great start can't wait for more. smileyclap22nx.gif

BTW ~ LOVE the avi!!! wub.gif  I read it and just burst out laughing. rotfl.gif

Thank you!! skip.gif

I'm glad you liked it! And thanks for posting.

haha I found it (avitar) on photobucket and I laughed my butt off!!! rotfl.gif
BlueEyedDemonLiz
Posted: Apr 24 2008, 10:13 AM

Official Sam Winchester Ogler - yes it is my job title

Member No.: 26,961

Oooooooh good start, I'm very interested to read more.

wave.gif Welcome to the site too, really hope you'll like it here.

bamagyrl222
Posted: Apr 24 2008, 11:00 PM

QUOTE (BlueEyedDemonLiz @ Apr 24 2008, 05:13 AM)
Oooooooh good start, I'm very interested to read more.

wave.gif Welcome to the site too, really hope you'll like it here.

Thank you! biggrin.gif

And I plan to write more on this story, but it seems that right now I'm suffering from writer's block. AGGHHH!!!!!

Oh well. The rest will come to me. lol rolleyes.gif
mizpah
Posted: Apr 25 2008, 10:18 PM

Shadow Demon

Member No.: 11,144

Ahh, the dreaded writer's block. I hate it when that happens.

That was an intense start - will be very interested to see where you are going to take this. Dean's dream sounds ominous.
Jules
RedDevilGirl
Posted: Apr 26 2008, 11:16 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 30,705

Hiya!

Ooohh.... very creepy!! Love the way you plunged us straight into Dean's nightmare; and a missing Sammy would be one of Dean's worst!

Nice start - will be looking out for the update! Sure the writers block will let up soon and you'll work out where you want to take this one

S xx
bamagyrl222
Posted: Apr 27 2008, 12:33 AM

Thank you everyone!! biggrin.gif

I am writing more on the story as I... type this. smile.gif

I may even have an update late tonight... *crosses fingers*
bamagyrl222
Posted: Apr 27 2008, 05:26 PM

UPDATE!!! #1 I think there is only one more update after this... It actually ended up being a little longer than I intended. And I meant to post this last night, but my computer decided it didn't want to cooperate. banghead.gif

Oh and just a side note, the town where they're headed is a real place. And so is the legend. Nothing else about the town is real, though. biggrin.gif

Rise and shine, Sammy boy!! Thought you might want some nutrition. Sam grunted as a big bag of chips landed in his lap.

Dean chuckled as he slid into the driver's seat of the Impala. As Dean was starting the car, Sam sat up, and, stretching, asked what time it was.

Time for you to wake up and tell us just where the hell we're going. Dean looked over at his younger brother still half asleep in the seat next to him and grinned.

Looking at the sign on the gas station they were pulling out from, the younger hunter replied, Oh... He reached into his bag and pulled out a map.

Killen, Alabama, he began. You know that urban legend about the school bus full of kids that was hit by a train--

and if you park your car at the base of the hill on the train tracks, you'll suddenly start moving up the hill... Yeah, yeah, yeah. Don't tell me we're gonna be hunting ghosts of innocent little kids. Ghosts that probably don't even exist except in the minds of rednecks who are bored and have nothing better to do between hunting seasons
, Dean interrupted, taking his eyes off the road long enough to look at his little brother.

Sam smiled incredulously and replied, No, Dean. But at least you were being politically correct.

Ok smart-ass. If that's not the job, then what is?

Well, you got the legend right. Normally, the story goes that a schoolbus was struck by a train when the bus stalled out on railroad tracks at the base of a hill, killing everyone aboard the bus. Now, if you stop your car on the railroad track where the accident took place and put it in neutral facing uphill, the car will actually start rolling UP the hill.

Yeah, so what makes this job different?
Dean asked.

What makes this job different, Sam continued as he scowled at his brother's second interruption, is the fact that people who are stopped on other side of the tracks, facing uphill, waiting for a train to pass, are being pushed onto the tracks in front of the train.

Holy sh--
Dean started to exclaim, but was interrupted by his brother this time.

Oh and one more thing, Sam picked up the bag of Fritos and asked, You call this nutrition???

Dean and Sam staggered into the hotel room.

Sam set his duffle bag on the dresser as he sat on the edge of one of the beds to untie his shoes.

Dean threw the bolt on the door, dropped his bag where he stood, and flopped face-down onto the other bed, boots and all, with a soft oomph. After a sigh, he mumbled into his pillow, Damn... I've been driving so long, my ass is numb. And almost before the last word left his lips, he was fast asleep.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I-- Dean. Dean? Geez... When Sam realized that Dean was practically comatose, he smiled and shook his head. But his smile quickly turned into a concerned frown as he remembered that one reason his brother was so tired was that he had gotten up before dawn that day. Nightmare, was Sam's guess. And he knew it had to be a doozy to freak his brother out like that, for he had seen Dean pull his knife from under his pillow.

Sam stood up from the bed, too restless and worried now to sleep. He wandered over to the window and stared out at the rain that had begun to fall within the last hour. He ran his hands through his hair as he thought to himself, Only a month left... How the HELL am I gonna save my brother???

Dean thrashed around, kicking his legs and swinging his arms wildly as he struggled to take a breath.

Suddenly, he was falling. But he didn't fall far before landing with a thud. Hitting the floor was enough to knock what little breath he had out of him... and also enough to wake him up and make him realize he had fallen off the bed. He dragged air into his lungs as he sat up on the floor. Grinning and thinking, Man, Sammy would laugh his ass off if he had seen that, Dean slowly stood up and rubbed the sore spot on his butt where he had fallen. Thinking of his little brother, Dean looked over at the bed next to his to make sure he hadn't woken Sam.

Then his heart stopped and his eyes widened as he saw that the bed was empty... And the bedding undisturbed...

Sam!!! Dean roared as he sprang to action. He ran to the bathroom, then, seeing it was empty, ran back over to the bed and grabbed his pillow from the bed, frantically feeling for his knife. About to panic because it wasn't there, he suddenly remembered falling asleep before he could even take off his boots. Dean you idiot, he cursed himself for being so careless.

He vaulted over the bed and grabbed his duffel. Lifting the tail of his shirt, Dean shoved a gun into his waistband and checked the knife in his right boot. In his mind's eye he could see Sam in thousands of terrifying situations.

Sam hurt and alone...
Sam being tortured by demons...

Sam doing something stupid to save me from-- As soon as Dean's mind settled on that possibility he choked out his brother's name again and slung the duffel onto his shoulder so hard and fast it almost over-balanced him. He stumbled to the door and wrenched it open...

And saw Sam standing on the other side.

Sammy?! Damn it, Sam! You scared the hell outta-- Dean's voice, and his wave of relief, came to an abrupt stop when he saw the blood on Sam's face...

Dean leaned against the doorjamb in the bathroom with a grin on his face as Sam washed the blood off.

So let me get this straight, Sam. You couldn't sleep. So you decide to go for a walk. Which isn't a good idea, by the way. I mean, haven't you ever seen "Deliverance"?

Yeah, Dean. And apparently, you haven't. "Deliverance" was based in Georgia. This is Alabama.

Right, right... But still...
Dean shuddered as he remembered a particularly disturbing part of the movie.

Dean! Do you mind?? Sam glared at his brother.

Dean held up his hands and replied, Ok, ok... He turned to leave the bathroom, but at the last moment, stopped and said, Hey Sam? Just one more question... Did the guy whose fist you ran into ask you to squeal like a pig?

Sam stopped wiping his face and turned to see a huge, crooked grin on Dean's face. He folded his arms and leaned against the sink as he replied, Actually, Dean, he did. But I told him that if that's what he wanted, he'd have to come see my brother. With that, Sam grinned and shut the door in Dean's stricken face.

Well, that's it for now. biggrin.gif

Comments, questions? lol

Oh and btw, I'm not making fun of Alabamians... Well, ok, maybe I am... just a little. embarassed.gif But it's not like I don't know what I'm talking about. I, myself, live in Alabama and we joke around about that stuff all the time. biggrin.gif
BlueEyedDemonLiz
Posted: Apr 27 2008, 06:09 PM

Official Sam Winchester Ogler - yes it is my job title

Member No.: 26,961

Awwwwwww I like seeing Sammy get a joke over on Dean for a change. Really nice exchanges between the brothers. Good stuff. Liz x
bamagyrl222
Posted: Apr 27 2008, 09:16 PM

QUOTE (BlueEyedDemonLiz @ Apr 27 2008, 01:09 PM)
Awwwwwww I like seeing Sammy get a joke over on Dean for a change. Really nice exchanges between the brothers. Good stuff. Liz x

Thanks Liz! It means alot! skip.gif

hehe Yeah, I thought it was about time Sam got Dean. lol
mizpah
Posted: May 4 2008, 05:46 AM

Shadow Demon

Member No.: 11,144

The legend sounds spooky - and it sounds like the boys are going to run into a whole lot of trouble....

Nice exchange between the boys.

Jules
bamagyrl222
Posted: May 8 2008, 02:48 AM

QUOTE (mizpah @ May 4 2008, 12:46 AM)
The legend sounds spooky - and it sounds like the boys are going to run into a whole lot of trouble....

Nice exchange between the boys.

Jules

Thanks! biggrin.gif

And when do the boys NOT run into trouble?? lol

BTW:

This story is currently on hiatus. I plan to finish it...

It just might take a little while because I'm currently putting all my time and creativity (lol) into another story right now.

But I'll get back to this one eventually. tongue.gif
Gaussian
Posted: May 11 2008, 10:58 PM

A Dean!girl with Sam sympathies.

Member No.: 11,711

I like this fic, too. Especially the reference to Deliverance!!!!!! laugh.gif Very funny!!!

I hope that you do finish it. rolleyes.gif
bamagyrl222
Posted: May 12 2008, 01:44 AM

QUOTE (Gaussian @ May 11 2008, 05:58 PM)
I like this fic, too. Especially the reference to Deliverance!!!!!! laugh.gif Very funny!!!

I hope that you do finish it. rolleyes.gif

Thanks! wave.gif

What's funny is that I've never actually seen Deliverance. Well... I have seen that one part... rolleyes.gif lol

And I'll eventually come back to this one. Probably once I finish "Blind Faith". Right now, that's where all my creative energy is going. biggrin.gif
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1568 seconds | Archive