Skin created by chawk. Find more great skins at the IF Skin Zone.

Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Supernatural. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Forum Rules Welcome to the Fanart forums

Banner made by SMACKTHETRUTH ?!

Post your own fanart, request a banner or avatar, or ask for graphics help.....it's all here!

Please remember that when posting large images (such as wallpapers), post a smaller version, a clickable thumbnail, or a link. This helps the board load faster and avoids awkward scrolling in threads.

If you use banners or avatars made by other people, please give credit in your sig.

Thank you,
The Supernatural.tv team

Please Read The Supernatural.Tv Forum Rules have been revised.

Please take a moment to review the new rules in this thread.

Thank you,
The Supernatural.Tv Forums Staff

Pages: (9) « First ... 7 8 [9]  ( Go to first unread post )

Graphics Cafe, ~get honest critique for your work~
casstiello
Posted: Feb 26 2010, 09:42 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 48,648

does anyone have the sigil that is used to distract the angels?
please someone upload!
ilovedean77
Posted: Apr 15 2010, 11:57 AM

I'm Batman!!!

Member No.: 50,327

I make graphics too. I'm just starting up again. I used to do it a few years ago for another forum. My newest graphic is my siggy. What do you think? Comments and suggestions are welcomed! Thanks! smile.gif
loveSam
Posted: May 30 2010, 01:40 AM

Mrs. Edward Cullen

Member No.: 7,228

I have recently came back from the dead if you can say that. I was wondering if someone can look at it. I am trying to be better banner maker. I really need a suggestion or comments. Thanks a lot.
JessicaRae
Posted: Jul 3 2010, 06:39 PM

Bloody Mary

Member No.: 7,921

I'm trying to start some artwork that could be scenes from the show. Stuff like Sam and Dean hunting or whatever. I'd like to get some opinions on the first one I've done, a Salt 'n Burn wallpaper. Sam and Dean were one image, the grave with fire another, the gravestone another, the night woods scene another, and I added the smoke. Let me know if I pulled of the scene or not... does it look legit?

Let me have it! smile.gif

user posted image
1024 - 800 - 1280x800
Maneth
Posted: Jul 3 2010, 06:47 PM

I'm the sales woman that can mess with your mind

Member No.: 21,256

I think is very nice, very well done biggrin.gif
xlozx
Posted: Jul 3 2010, 07:00 PM

"He's tough for a little nerdy dude with wings"

Member No.: 21,340

QUOTE (JessicaRae @ Jul 3 2010, 06:39 PM)
I'm trying to start some artwork that could be scenes from the show. Stuff like Sam and Dean hunting or whatever. I'd like to get some opinions on the first one I've done, a Salt 'n Burn wallpaper. Sam and Dean were one image, the grave with fire another, the gravestone another, the night woods scene another, and I added the smoke. Let me know if I pulled of the scene or not... does it look legit?

user posted image
1024 - 800 - 1280x800

I think the blending is fantastic, you couldn't tell it was made up of four images, brilliant job! thumbsup.gif
Luke Skywalker
Posted: Jul 5 2010, 12:50 AM

Mystes

Group: members
Member No.: 8,366

@ JessicaRae - Gut reaction to the wallpaper, "Meh". You did a really good job blending the images together and making it look like one solid cohesive image, and the scene overall looks very realistic. My biggest issue is the look and feel. I don't like the "fuzzy" look or all the haziness. It really brings down the quality of the piece, imo. The reason why this is so noticeable is because the sky, the moon, and the trees all look nice and crisp, but Sam and Dean don't, but all the distortion around Sam and Dean and in the black areas. It just doesn't look good. You did an amazing job putting everything together, but I don't like the quality of the image.
JayKay Dawg
Posted: Jul 9 2010, 03:09 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 49,249

QUOTE (dreamalittledreamofsam @ Jul 20 2009, 05:39 PM)
user posted image

user posted image

i have problems with them...but not sure what they are, exactly... comments/constructive critism really appricated...

They're pretty cool. I would try to make the text more pronounced in both pictures so they're easier to read. With the Sam one, maybe put the text on two lines instead of one so you can make it bigger. That will also help with all of the negative space on the right side of the picture. Hope this helps some!

QUOTE (JessicaRae @ Jul 3 2010, 01:39 PM)

user posted image

Ah cool! I love it, you did an awesome job! The only thing I'd say to do is maybe bring the text up a bit from in front of the trees. It's a little hard to read the Salt part. But other than that, I think it looks great!
smileyclap22nx.gif

Ok, I've finally gotten around to making some Team Free Will livejournal avatars for a friend of mine. Let me know what you think. Here they are:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Thanks in advance!

Luke Skywalker
Posted: Aug 7 2010, 11:04 PM

Mystes

Group: members
Member No.: 8,366

QUOTE (JayKay Dawg @ Jul 9 2010, 09:09 AM)
Ok, I've finally gotten around to making some Team Free Will livejournal avatars for a friend of mine.  Let me know what you think.  Here they are:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Thanks in advance!

Okay, so the good news first. The good news is that I like the overall idea of the icon set, and the text placement is fairly well done.

Here are my comments:
One, image quality isn't the best in the icons. You can see the pixelation in each of them, which really lowers the quality of any artwork.

Two, I personally would have tried to make the images used match the description given. Sam, for example, maybe the picture should have been Sam drinking demon blood; Dean, could have been a flash back of him in high school or maybe a picture of him with just a little bit of money; and Cas unconscious. That way people that haven't seen the show, get the references a little better.

Third, with the text "Team Free Will", the current way you have it positioned, I would read it as, "Free Will Team" if I were just looking at it and didn't know the reference. So maybe putting the "Free Will" line horizontal and the "Team" line at a slant would have worked better.

Finally, for a set of icons, they're very inconsistent in terms of look. Your text works is the same on each one, but on the Sam icon, you have a black bar down at the button, on Dean you have a black bar at the top, and on Cas you don't have a black bar. These are supposed to be a set of "Team Free Will" icons, so I would have liked to have seen them more consistent so that you know they go together.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts on them. smile.gif

Okay, so I have a new banner, that I'm looking for some feedback on. I got some interesting comments from my friend that didn't really line up with what I was thinking he was going to say. So I thought I'd get some other feedback. smile.gif

user posted image

Thanks,
Luke
KeriaFaithDawson
Posted: Aug 28 2010, 11:22 AM

Crimson tears, of the broken soul

Member No.: 25,477

Okay, pretty new to the whole banner thing, so i would love a couple of pointers smile.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

couple of icons

user posted image user posted image

user posted image
user posted image

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (9) « First ... 7 8 [9] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1171 seconds | Archive