Starring: Jared Paladecki, Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins and Marcela Kloosteboer (an Argentinean actress, playing the roll of Beth Cruz)
PG: + 16, includes graphic violence, heavy insults and explicit sexual scenes.
Disclaimer: I don’t own any Supernatural character, I can only respond to my creation, Beth Cruz. For entertainment purposes only. No corporative rights intended.
Let’s pretend that –like we don’t know how this season is going to end- that Dean, Sam, Bobby and Castiel survived the Apocalypse in one piece.
Songs I’ll use during the fiction: (It’ll be awesome if you could get these songs; some are specific for the moment of the chapter)
* Make me pure_ Robbie Williams
* Addicted_ Kelly Clarkson
* Fuel_ Metallica
* Sweet sacrifice_ Evanescence
* Fly away from here_ Aerosmith
* Feel_ Robbie Williams
* Dance with the devil_ Breaking Benjamin
* Ready for love_ Bad Company
* Tourniquet_ Evanescence
* Yellow (acoustic version) _ Coldplay
* Where we belong_ Joe Cocker
* Rock and roll train_ Ac/Dc
* Sweet dreams_ Marilyn Manson
* Hell’s bell_ Ac/Dc
* Dust in the wind_ Kansas
* Wherever you will go_ The Calling
Mankind was saved from the Apocalypse but at a high coast, Castiel’s fellow Angels sent him back to Heaven to be punished; Sam survived but the brother’s relationship broke, Sam went his own way. Dean took both losses hard and turned to the alcohol; driving across the Country with nothing better to do and away from the hunt –or so he thought-, he gets involved in a shape shifter’s case, he thought he saved the damsel in distress but, she turned out to be saving him from himself. Some months later, she made the brother’s reunion possible and now like in the brother’s old days, the three formed a team, saving people from the creatures of the night…
It all changes when Castiel comes back…
FORT SMITH, ARKANSAS_ INSIDE A SEWER_ 9 MONTHS AFTER LUCIFER’S DEFEAT.
The sewer had so many tunnels that it looked like a labyrinth, she looks concentrated holding a flash light with her left hand and with a silver gun – a Colt 1911, a gift from Dean- low on her right hand with a finger on the trigger, she came across a “room” where another 5 tunnels land to and a single one formed ahead, from the tunnels on her right and left, Sam and Dean showed up, she:
- Boys, any luck?
- Yes, I just killed a hundred back there. Dean.
She leant her head to a side and raised her eyebrows, looked at Sam, he:
- No, just some bones, you?
- Would I be asking? What colour were they? The bones I mean.
- Yellowish, why?
- They were quit recently…
- How do you know? Sam
- She was in intern in an anthropology lab, remember? Dean.
- Sorry, I forgot about you Science geek backgrounds.
- I’m a geek!? Hello!
Suddenly, both Sam and Dean aim at her, she:
She looked with the corner of her eye and saw a shape behind her; turns and lifts the gun but it was taking from her and she was pushed to the ground, the brothers tried to pull the trigger but anothers came behind them and ripped the guns from them, fighting standing or in the floor, she looked at Sam and Dean and slowly took a knife hidden on her right boot and threw it to the creature closer to her, to the one Sam was fighting and wounded it under the arm, it ran away, she saw at Dean and gazed at her gun, spins forward and almost not aiming, she pulled the trigger and saved Dean’s life, the creature fell over Dean hard, after Beth and Sam took it from him, he stood up, Sam:
- That right there; earned you a veggie burger, great job!
Completely surprised, Dean:
- You never bought me food whenever I saved your ass…
She smiled and all walked down the alley where she came out of.
OUTSIDE_ A HOTEL’S FAÇADE_ A DOOR
A female hand knocks on a door; a very, very sleepy Sam opens it a few seconds later, with a roar voice:
- Beth, what are you doing here?
She lifted a trade with three coffees and a brown bag that she had in hand, smiled and walked in through the hole between Sam and the door; Dean came out of the bathroom in the second she reached the table, Dean:
- Beth, what are you doing here and so early?
She backed away from the table and let him saw what she just brought, Dean:
- You have to stop papering us!
- What’s wrong if I do?
- Then, we might get used to it…
Walked to her and touching her elbow, kissed her cheek, pointing at the mugs:
- Which one’s mine?
- This one.
Said as she passed one of them, took another and walked to Sam’s feet –who was still seating in bed-, he rubbed his face with his hands and looked up, she:
- I hope the sugar its right this time…
Took a sip and nodded with his eyes closed, she turned around with a smile on her face, Dean:
- You are in a strange good mood this morning, why?
- I had a good night sleep with a very nice dream…there was a guy…
- If it’s one of those dreams, I really don’t want to know…Sam
- Well, it’s not! I barely remember his face! All I remember are his warm and sad blue eyes and that he was maybe 2 inches shorter than you Dean…
- Do you know what it means that you don’t remember his face? Sam
- I do Freud, I haven’t met him yet.
Took a sip of her Soya latte:
- Are we going back to the sewer?
- I don’t see the point, we haven’t found anyone alive. Dean
- But one of those creatures got away yesterday.
Dean answered like given up, like being too tired to fight, Beth smiled pleased, Sam got up, left the cardboard on the table and headed to the bathroom, slamming the door hard, Beth leant to Dean:
- Have I done something wrong?
- No, don’t take it personal, today’s Mom and Jessica’s death anniversary.
- Oh! I’m sorry!
- Is okay.
Sighed and continued:
- I’m gonna check the Police about the missing kids, you and Sam check the sewer…
- Yes Boss!
Answered giving him a military salute.
INSIDE A SEWER (Back round music “Make me pure” by Robbie Williams)
Beth was behind Sam, he hardly opened his mouth on their way there, she was dying to say something and when she decided to say it, Sam opened his mouth first:
- Don’t what?
- Say what everyone says in a day like today…
- Good, and I’m sorry!
- What for?
- For being an ass…
She leant her head to a side and looked at that part of Sam’s anatomy:
-Please, don’t compare yourself to that sweet part of you…
He smiled looking back and shook his head, she:
- Take it from me that they wouldn’t want you to be this way…
- How do you know? Have you lost your Mother and a boyfriend?
- Not my Mother but my boyfriend; that we have in common.
- You never said a word.
Beth got sad all of the sudden:
- We were 20, Lymphoma…Denny is-was, my first everything, it’ll be 6 years in three months.
Sam kept on looking back as walking; her face changed and pulled her gun up, Sam:
He barely did when she pulled the trigger; Sam looked behind at the corps lying on the floor:
- Your aim is getting incredibly better!
Sam got up and kept on walking, some yards later, they came across a body in decomp; Sam covered his mouth, Beth bended in front of what was left of the face and gave a quick look at it:
- African-American, 10-12 years old, about 4 feet, I’d bet my money saying that this one is Latifa Mounded, the last girl missing…
- Ghouls can be nasty creatures…
- Sweetie, you fought them twice, no need to convince me, I see it now…
(End of music)
A MOTEL’S ROOM
Beth was the first one to come into the boy’s room and as she did, she saw the figure of a man in a trench coat standing by the window; took out her gun and aimed saying:
- Turn around slowly…
Sam saw at who she was aiming at and ran to her side, making her lower the gun:
- Beth don’t! I know him, Dean does too…
The man turned around, Sam:
- Is been a long time! How did you find us? I thought we had that Enoquian symbol on our ribs…
- Hello Sam; and you still do…
He looked at her with the gun still on her hand, looked at Sam to make him understand that he found them for her and looking back at Beth:
- I won’t hurt you…
- Well, is better to be safe than sorry…
- Beth, this is Castiel.
She looked at both and saved her gun on her waistband, came near him and stretched a hand:
- I’ve heard so much about you!
He hesitated for a few seconds, came close enough and squeezed her hand with both of his, her heart suddenly jumped on her chest when their eyes met, those were the eyes she dreamt the night before, he:
- The saviour…
Let go of his hand, Beth:
- Only a pure soul could’ve done what you did for the Winchesters…
She smiled shyly, Sam:
- Dean is not with us Cass…
- I know, I have a case but he can’t know it came from me…
- Why not? Beth
- Because things didn’t end well…Sam
- It doesn’t matter how it ended, he swore loyalty to Heaven, I just prefer this way.
- Is just for them or I can be included?
- All of you.
- ‘k! We are listening! Sam.
Dean came back about an hour later and found Sam, throwing things inside a duffel bag, Sam:
- Oh, Hi!
- Hi! What are you doing?
- I can see that, why?
- Miles city, Montana.
- Is that supposed to tell me something?
- Serious demonic activity…
- Is a 2 days drive…
- 3 actually.
The door opens and Beth sticks her head:
- To drive for three days? Not quite!
- Yes, we are!
Sam said passing in front of him and throwing at him a bag, Beth grinned and he walked to the door shaking his head, majority ruled, as simple as that.