zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Sports Net. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

What Can We Do?
Philliez01
Posted: Jan 14 2007, 10:42 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hey guys,

The Sports Net is a pretty good message board, I think most of our members would agree. But something needs to be done to increase our activity level. I mean, we have much more knowledgeable posters then some other sites I visit but somehow they are in better shape then us. I'm not sure exactly how to deal with this. Much like how I stated before, there are people who I see come back everyday, read the forums, but don't post. There's a chance that no one will reply to this but c'mon; how can we make this better? We need our activity level to improve, I'll never close down this forum, but SOMETHING needs to be done.

I was thinking about trying to get the website running but with no one helping me out, that may be for naught. I can't update it constantly and I understand most of you guys have school, work, etc. but more posts per day would be so much better.

Any other ideas?

--------------------

user posted image

-----Courtesy of JKPIGSKIN-------
tyjames
Posted: Jan 15 2007, 03:15 PM

Champion

Member No.: 5

I'm doing my part, but give me something to reply to.
I might try and start up a fantasy baseball page this year.

--------------------
user posted image
turner46
Posted: Jan 15 2007, 03:38 PM

Veteran

Group: Members
Member No.: 40

Yeah, Im trying to make this a better place too, I usually check in numerous times a day, and post replies to anything I have an opinion on, Ill try to start more topics myself maybe.
Philliez01
Posted: Jan 15 2007, 03:39 PM

Administrator

I'm not saying any of you guys are any part of this. I see you guys come on frequently, hell, I see a lot of members on here a lot but the problem is a lack of topics I think. I posted a few new topics around here and realized that's what we are going to have to do.

We could be a great board here guys! I'm certain of it.

--------------------

user posted image

okiestcowboyalum
Posted: Jan 17 2007, 01:16 PM

Master of my domain

Member No.: 2

I apologize...I have not been around too much lately. I will try and pick up my activity again.

--------------------
user posted image
Packattack247
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 11:55 PM

First-Round Selection

Member No.: 4

Alright I got alot of suggestions....

1. You need some sort of multimedia section, most of the big forums have them nowadays. I can help you keep it up to date if I have some spare time.

2. Might be best to recruit a few GFX prospects to come here and post their work...gets more people to the site and they probably will post in the Discussion sections.

3. Merge with another small forum, thats a surefire way to double your members and activity. Don't merge with someone if you don't agree though, make sure you have the same vision.

4. Get connections. Go on bigger forums and post now and again, make some friends and get them to head on over.

5. Members gotta keep the activity up, without it visitors won't join.

6. Keep the sports discussion topics up to date, there are some sections that haven't been posted in for days.

Just my take on things...

--------------------
user posted image
tyjames
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 03:08 PM

Champion

QUOTE (Packattack247 @ Jan 29 2007, 11:55 PM)
6. Keep the sports discussion topics up to date, there are some sections that haven't been posted in for days.

We realize that, that was basically the whole point of the thread. But the fact is we need more ACTIVE members to keep the threads going.

--------------------
user posted image
Packattack247
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 06:27 PM

First-Round Selection

Member No.: 4

It is up for the STAFF to post the latest news, it is up to the MEMBERS to respond.

--------------------
user posted image
tyjames
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 06:35 PM

Champion

It's not all about news though. What makes a message board good is that you can express your opinion on subjects that you don't see everyday on tv or hear on the radio. Not everyone wants to give there opinion on what me and Philliez have to say, because frankly some people wont have an opinion on that subject. That is why we want our members to make there own threads, talk about things they wanna talk about. Enough of the 2 post threads on some minor transaction, lets get a huge discussion on the best bullpen in the majors.

--------------------
user posted image
Philliez01
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 06:36 PM

Administrator

That's the problem, Pack. Ty and myself have been doing our part and members such as okiestcowboyalum, turner46, gagne22, mckearney, Fenway and lately firebird have all done our part. But we aren't getting the replies. We are making topics but not many people are replying.

--------------------

user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

<% STATS % >
This skin was created by Ptolemy of the ZS

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0225 seconds · Archive
Pro Football Critics NFL Topsites