zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Sports Net. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Message Board Stimulus?
Philliez01
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 03:38 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Simple here.

State of the Union style address, right?

Nick and FordFusion, I gotta thank you guys a lot here. I'm going to be much more active these next few weeks as I try to spring life back into the Sports Net.

Anyway, here's our "challenge" to anyone?

Make ONE topic a day and post in ANOTHER topic a day. Basically, if just two guys create topics; they at least have to make one response in the other creator's thread.

If I make an NFL topic and someone else makes a World Sports one, I will respond in the World Sports one. Vica Versa works too.

This should help a bit.

--------------------

user posted image

-----Courtesy of JKPIGSKIN-------
Nick
Posted: Feb 22 2009, 11:45 PM

Veteran

Member No.: 24

We need to stay on top of this, this time. No more slacking once membership picks back up. That way we avoid these type of posts.

FordFusion
Posted: Feb 23 2009, 12:18 AM

Coach Gilson

Member No.: 352

okay I'm all over it

--------------------
http://www.1fordracing.com/fordracing/
Joe
Posted: Feb 23 2009, 05:03 AM

Mr. Irrelevant

Member No.: 72

i will continue to add to the board as much as possible when i can get on. it just disappoints me when i make a new topic and see no replies and see no new topics most of the time, but i will continue to add my two cents whenever possible. its just hard for me to try to show someone the site to get them to join and then they see that there has been no new post for a week or so and they end up thinking that the board is dead. if we can at least keep 5 or so of us posting and making new topics daily for a few weeks, we should have no problem getting new people in here since this is a great spot that doesnt just limit u to just one sport. the fact that we have every sport on here is something that I think is great about this board. its one of the only boards outside of ESPN where u can come to talk about anything in sports (or even anything else) that u wanna talk about.

and Philliez, I know u said on the CL forum that u would rather wait to see the popularity of the board go up before spending the money on a simple domain for this board, like Jay mentioned, but I personally think that getting it now would go wonders in helping this board get off the ground. and I would have no problem chipping in with some money to help u get it cuz I really wanna see this board succeed. feel free to either PM me or IM me on AIM at MJHalpin815 if u wanna talk about this some more

--------------------

Philliez01
Posted: Feb 23 2009, 01:19 PM

Administrator

QUOTE (Joe @ Feb 23 2009, 06:03 AM)
i will continue to add to the board as much as possible when i can get on. it just disappoints me when i make a new topic and see no replies and see no new topics most of the time, but i will continue to add my two cents whenever possible. its just hard for me to try to show someone the site to get them to join and then they see that there has been no new post for a week or so and they end up thinking that the board is dead. if we can at least keep 5 or so of us posting and making new topics daily for a few weeks, we should have no problem getting new people in here since this is a great spot that doesnt just limit u to just one sport. the fact that we have every sport on here is something that I think is great about this board. its one of the only boards outside of ESPN where u can come to talk about anything in sports (or even anything else) that u wanna talk about.

and Philliez, I know u said on the CL forum that u would rather wait to see the popularity of the board go up before spending the money on a simple domain for this board, like Jay mentioned, but I personally think that getting it now would go wonders in helping this board get off the ground. and I would have no problem chipping in with some money to help u get it cuz I really wanna see this board succeed. feel free to either PM me or IM me on AIM at MJHalpin815 if u wanna talk about this some more

I understand you, Joe. It is sad to post a topic, pitch in some info and only see one reply (if lucky). It negatively affects conversations, obviously and then that trickles down and affects membership.

I will probably post a bunch of topics in the next few days in order to get this ship off the ground. However, I need you guys to help me out. From March 3rd to 8th, I'll be in Florida on my HS Senior Trip. I'll leave you 3 (Nick, FordFusion and Joe) in charge of this place and tell you what you need to know.

Also, I'll contact you within the next few days; I have some homework that's keeping me occupied! angry.gif

--------------------

user posted image

FordFusion
Posted: Feb 23 2009, 01:42 PM

Coach Gilson

Member No.: 352

well I have to agree with Joe...I found that i would start a topic and get no response to it......I'm around because I'm retired and I'll hammer the board with topics from a Canadian end......just a heads up though my posts will drop off starting April 13 until some time in May when i get back home...I'll have to battle for time on it with my wife.....we will be in Florida most of that time...

--------------------
http://www.1fordracing.com/fordracing/
tyler614
Posted: Feb 23 2009, 01:42 PM

First-Round Selection

Group: Members
Member No.: 34

Sorry, I am indeed still alive lol. I've been busy, very busy, and also completely forgot the link after a system restore. Don't know how active I will be because I'm still very busy, but I will try.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tyler~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Philliez01
Posted: Feb 23 2009, 01:44 PM

Administrator

QUOTE (tyler614 @ Feb 23 2009, 02:42 PM)
Sorry, I am indeed still alive lol. I've been busy, very busy, and also completely forgot the link after a system restore. Don't know how active I will be because I'm still very busy, but I will try.

Welcome back!

I can understand though if you aren't completely active, but all we ask is just maybe give us a new opinion every once in awhile or make a topic/post, etc.

Good to see ya around.

--------------------

user posted image

tyler614
Posted: Feb 23 2009, 01:48 PM

First-Round Selection

Group: Members
Member No.: 34

QUOTE (Philliez01 @ Feb 23 2009, 01:44 PM)
QUOTE (tyler614 @ Feb 23 2009, 02:42 PM)

Welcome back!

I can understand though if you aren't completely active, but all we ask is just maybe give us a new opinion every once in awhile or make a topic/post, etc.

Good to see ya around.

Thanks. I will try and give an opinion when I can, especially when it regards my Mets lol. But no guarentees on how active I will be. Thanks for sending that link back, finally was able to get back here lol.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tyler~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joe
Posted: Feb 23 2009, 05:40 PM

Mr. Irrelevant

Member No.: 72

QUOTE (Philliez01 @ Feb 23 2009, 01:19 PM)
QUOTE (Joe @ Feb 23 2009, 06:03 AM)

I understand you, Joe. It is sad to post a topic, pitch in some info and only see one reply (if lucky). It negatively affects conversations, obviously and then that trickles down and affects membership.

I will probably post a bunch of topics in the next few days in order to get this ship off the ground. However, I need you guys to help me out. From March 3rd to 8th, I'll be in Florida on my HS Senior Trip. I'll leave you 3 (Nick, FordFusion and Joe) in charge of this place and tell you what you need to know.

Also, I'll contact you within the next few days; I have some homework that's keeping me occupied! angry.gif

sounds good. like I said contact me what ever way is easiest for you. and I'll definitely help out and do my part while your gone

--------------------

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

<% STATS % >
This skin was created by Ptolemy of the ZS

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0252 seconds · Archive
Pro Football Critics NFL Topsites