The States Marine - Isthmian Lines forum (SMILforum) is a not-for-profit, discussion site, devoted to the history of the companies, their crews, their employees, their ships and the U.S. Merchant Marine, in general. It is a moderated site and participation requires registration and recognizing and following some simple "Guidelines."
1. SMILforum requires anyone applying for membership to supply a functioning e-mail address.
2. SMILforum members must comport themselves in accordance with the "User Agreement" (below).
3. SMILforum prohibits illegal posts, including, but not limited to, defamatory posts and clear breaches of copyrights.
4. SMILforum prohibits flaming, abuse, personal attacks or any other sort of harrassment of its members, either on a forum or through the PM system.
5. The personal information of the SMILforum membership will be held in strictest confidence and not provided to anyone, unless required to do so by law.
6. The SMILforum adimintrators have full control over the membership and the forum content and are not required to explain their actions.
By becoming a member of the SMILforum, you agree to be bound by the site's "Guidelines" and by the final decision of the site's administrators as to the interpretation and application of those "Guidelines". You also agree to take responsibility for the content of your own posts and to avoid making illegal (including defamatory) or offensive posts, and agree to indemnify your fellow members at SMILforum, including the administrators, against any actions, claims, proceedings or liabilities arising from your posts.