Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to New Era Scouting. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 [5]  ( Go to first unread post )

Cincinnati Bengals, Super Bowl XLI champions
Luke Irwin
Posted: Mar 3 2007, 12:37 AM

This Space For Rent
Group Icon

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 5

Sucks about Steinbach. I like him alot, but he's never really had a huge effect against Pittsburgh. Hampton's pretty much had his way against him, and I expect the same, if not worse, in Cleveland.
BengalFan
Posted: Mar 3 2007, 12:43 AM

Undrafted Rookie
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 101

Not trying to be too much of a homer here, but Steinbach may be the most skilled guard in the league. But just looking at the guy, he's probably 280 lbs max at 6-5 or 6-6. It's a struggle for him to push 330 pounders such as Hampton. It just wasn't going to happen (him staying in Cincy) with the tackles taking up so much money. Hopefully Levi Jones will stay healthy.
Luke Irwin
Posted: Mar 3 2007, 12:49 AM

This Space For Rent
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

No, I really, really like Steinbach alot. I'm just saying, in the AFC North for Cinci, when you have to go against Casey Hampton, Haloti Ngata, and Ted Washington 6 times a year, there was nothing that stood out with him. Thus, why I think signing in the same division was a mistake.
BengalFan
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 12:32 AM

Undrafted Rookie
Group Icon

Nicholson sentenced

By GEOFF HOBSON
March 6, 2007

Posted: 11:40 a.m.

Bengals linebacker A.J. Nicholson won’t go to jail despite the state of Florida’s request. But he was sentenced to 60 days in a sheriff's work program and two years' probation after pleading no contest to burglary and grand theft, according to an Associated Press story out of Tallahassee, Fla.

Nicholson, charged back in May with stealing electronic equipment from the apartment of former Seminoles teammate Lorenzo Booker, can do the work in Ohio. According to the AP, Booker wrote a letter to Circuit Judge Kathleen Dekker in support of Nicholson.

”We are glad the case has been resolved,” the Bengals said in a statement Tuesday. “The club will monitor A.J.’s progress in fully complying with the court’s directives, and we will work with him to ensure he has learned from this experience and respects the opportunity he has to continue his NFL career.”

Nicholson, a fifth-round pick last season, figures to be in a battle to make the roster after a rookie season he appeared in just two games.

To your idea Luke (belatedly), that's not a bad point you make. I suppose the flip side is that he knows the defense very well for each team in the division having seen them four years. I'm not going to look it up, but he might have more experience against AFC Central foes than any starting Cleveland OL. I bring that up because that knowledge can be an asset for Fraley, who was in his first year in the division.
Luke Paul Chandler
Posted: Mar 7 2007, 09:37 AM

2nd round pick
Group Icon

Group: Writers
Member No.: 20

The only person who's faced the AFC North foes more in Cleveland is Ryan Tucker, but Steinbach is #2.
Luke Paul Chandler
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 01:51 PM

2nd round pick
Group Icon

The Browns signed DT Shaun Smith to an offer sheet today...what can you kitties fans tell me about him?
AJ McKnight
Posted: Mar 10 2007, 01:04 AM

Undrafted Rookie
Group Icon

Group: Scouts
Member No.: 247

I love him. When he's played, he looks like he has great potential. He's been fine when they stuck him in there. Problem is, he can never get on the field. Why? I have no clue.

I'll say this much. I'll be very disappointed if the Bengals don't match the offer.
BengalFan
Posted: Mar 11 2007, 11:11 PM

Undrafted Rookie
Group Icon

As has been noted, he's been generally pretty solid when given the opportunity. That said, there's really nothing that stands out in his game. He has pretty good size, and seems to have average quickness. His play doesn't represent a huge sample size however, so it's tricky to evaluate him from a fan's perspective. My opinion is that he's a decent rotational type lineman, and not much more. I tend to think he'd become less effective the more he played. Not playing a lot on the Bengals DL isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. All that said, he'd probably look rather fleet afoot after having to watch Ted Washington do his continental drift. And look at Smith's cheeks. They alone may occupy two blockers.
Luke Paul Chandler
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 09:06 AM

2nd round pick
Group Icon

Why wasn't Marvin playing him? That's what scares me.
AJ McKnight
Posted: Mar 12 2007, 11:16 AM

Undrafted Rookie
Group Icon

Group: Scouts
Member No.: 247

I really don't have much to offer there. He wasn't talked about at all during the season by any of the main people I read. Maybe he was dinged up too much, maybe he wasn't practicing well, maybe he was overweight, I just don't know.

I do know that I think he can be a solid starter in the future. He's never going to be a guy that puts up huge numbers, he's more of a space eater, but you almost have to have someone like that to have a great defense.
BengalFan
Posted: Mar 22 2007, 11:02 PM

Undrafted Rookie
Group Icon

from the team's website........

WRIGHT FIT FOR FALCONS?: Now that former Falcons backup quarterback Matt Schaub is safely tucked away in Houston and Bengals backup Anthony Wright is still unsigned, Atlanta could become a possible destination point. The Bengals want him back but haven’t inked him yet even after a spot in Denver dried up. One connection is that former Bengals wide receivers coach Hue Jackson is now the Falcons offensive coordinator.

SLANTS AND SCREENS: At a Thursday news conference Lewis confirmed that Jones underwent arthroscopic surgery on his injured knee two weeks ago for the second procedure on his knee since October. Lewis expects him back in time to work in the later on-field sessions this spring. Lewis called it a “cleanout,” and said Jones is going to be ready for training camp….

But running back Chris Perry’s status for training camp following ankle surgery is less clear. Although the Bengals expect wide receiver Tab Perry (hip) back and he is doing some running, he has yet to be cleared for offseason workouts that begin April 2….

Lewis said linebacker David Pollack, still contemplating his future as he begins to lift weights now six months after suffering a broken neck, is still part of the team….

Lewis also continues to remain mum on the status of middle linebacker Odell Thurman, serving a year-long suspension for violations of the NFL’s substance abuse policy that ends in July….

He also said second-year defensive back Ethan Kilmer could play safety or cornerback when drills start....

After the rookie minicamp on May 4-6, the vets come to town for the first voluntary on-field camp May 15-17 and another one May 22-24 before everyone is required at the mandatory June 1-3 minicamp. Then two more weeks of voluntarys follow...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
______

Also, the Bengals signed Kyle Larson to a one year deal a few days ago. I was hoping they'd get a multi year deal done there. He's the best punter they've had since at least Lee Johnson, perhaps even Pat McInally. In addition, it appears Eric Henderson is being slotted at an outside LB position. He's lost around 10 lbs according to an article on the team's website.
Luke Paul Chandler
Posted: Mar 23 2007, 06:51 AM

2nd round pick
Group Icon

I still can't help but feel bad for Pollack. He's a good guy, and someone you can't help but like, even if he does play for a rival. The NFL, and the Bengals, need more guys like him.
Jojo
Posted: Mar 23 2007, 11:57 AM

6th round pick
Group Icon

Member No.: 71

Both Pollack & Thurman drafted back to back from that incredible Georgia defense have disappointed for the Bengals. I agree with LPC about Pollack broken neck being tragic & buzzard's luck for the franchise. Pollack was hell on wheels his last yr at UGA.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 [5] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2961 seconds | Archive