Metal4Life

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Metal4Life. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Welcome to Metal4Life, the premier UK heavy metal community - bringing you the best reviews and news.

If this is your first visit to Metal4Life, please go to the Portal. This is the best place to catch up on all the latest news and headlines.

Wondering why you can't see all the pictures? You have to register. Just do it. A minimum of information required - and we don't send mass mailouts or sell your email address.

Google Custom Search

Chickenfoot Paranormal Activity

Deathbound interviewed, Deathbound interviewed
metal4life
Posted: Jan 4 2010, 02:52 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Metal4Life Says Hallo To:

Deathbound is a death metal band from Vaasa, Finland who formed back in 1995. Metal4Life talks to Pete Deathbound.

(Posted Image)

Our Ten Questions Go Up To 11

Metal4Life: Who are you and how would you personally describe your music?

Pete guitarist in Deathbound here. I would describe our music as catchy brutal and chaotic with a lot of groovy stuff.

Metal4Life: When writing, where do you begin?

Well first me and Sami make the music, and then we record a pre demo of the songs at Samis place just to listen to them if there is something that we can change, or do better before the real studio recordings begin, then we send the songs to Kai so that he can write some lyrics to them.

Metal4Life: Which groups, artists and/or bands inspire you?

Dismember, Celtic Frost, King Diamond, Repugnant and others ...

Metal4Life: Are you influenced by art and literature at all?

No not really he he we are inspired by movies and all kinds of daily stuff, chaos, death, insanity and violence.

Metal4Life: Are there any songs/tracks that you have heard and thought, I wish I'd written that?

Yeah (laughs) maybe like the whole Entombed`s Left Hand Path album for example.

Metal4Life: Do you push yourself to write, or do you have to wait until you're inspired?

Sometimes i have to wait until i am inspired, because i don`t want to release any crappy shit music.

Metal4Life: What was it that made you go into into making music?

When i grew up i was listening to metal bands all the time so it was a natural thing for me to start my own band and start playing that kind of music too.

Metal4Life: Do you feel the internet is a good way of helping/promoting your music?

Yes i think myspace is good way to promote music, i remember when we had to save money and send demos everywhere, and there where lots of labels and zines that never even answered he he.

Metal4Life: Has the computer age, and its use in creating, editing and manipulating music helped you in any way?

Yeah maybe? Now we can record our stuff by ourselves too if we want. But i refer to the old times when bands didn't cheat with computers and use lots of triggers.

Metal4Life: Give me three good reasons why someone should buy your CDs, barring threats of bodily harm?

Well every song on our album sounds different, there is fast, slow and a liitle bit of everything on it, but still it sounds brutal all the way.
1. fast 2. slow 3. groovy

Metal4Life: Finally, If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you?
No (laughs)

(Posted Image)

Thanks to Pete Deathbound and Pertti at Dynamic Arts. Find out more about Deathbound by going to http://www.deathbound.net

« Next Oldest | Interviews | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2363 seconds | Archive
Welcome to Metal4Life, the premier UK heavy metal community - bringing you the best reviews and news. Metal4Life.co.uk is a subsidiary of Zeitgeist, PO Box 13499, Edinburgh EH6 8YL.

Google Custom Search