InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to LominAleCantina. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (7) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Costuming~
oldjedinurse
Posted: Jul 27 2011, 08:48 PM

Scrubs: Banner Artist
Group Icon

Group: Wraiths
Member No.: 60

EJSF: Think about it. Seriously. Everybody needs at least a short vacation.

Shinar: Glasses are okay! Once you're in costume, I don't think people really notice. And you could totally pull off Jaina. You can even provide her with a Padawan-learner-daughter! Bonus.

angelnot.gif

EDIT:

QUOTE (TKL)
I think a group of lady Jedi would make a statement. Like, hey, stop ignoring us.

My first thought when I read this was, "Yeah and we could be some kickbutt Jedi, too."

tongue.gif

This post has been edited by oldjedinurse on Jul 27 2011, 08:53 PM

--------------------
Just when I think things can't get any worse, they do.
~ The Book of Scrubs
Darth Lex
Posted: Jul 27 2011, 09:02 PM

Lex
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 2

I still need to get IK armor. sad.gif

--------------------
"Okay, if you're going to question the importance of an actor's signature on a plastic helmet from a movie based on a comic book, then all of our lives have no meaning." ~ The Big Bang Theory
Shinar
Posted: Jul 27 2011, 11:13 PM

Explosion Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 8

You can even provide her with a Padawan-learner-daughter! Bonus.

I would put a white streak in her hair wink.gif

This post has been edited by Shinar on Jul 27 2011, 11:14 PM

--------------------
May you pick up your tea when itís exactly the right temperature, and may you happen to glance out the window when the light is just how you like it.
oldjedinurse
Posted: Jul 28 2011, 01:58 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Shinar @ Jul 28 2011, 12:13 AM)
You can even provide her with a Padawan-learner-daughter! Bonus.

I would put a white streak in her hair wink.gif

wahoo.gif Perfect!

--------------------
~ The Book of Scrubs
oldjedinurse
Posted: Sep 7 2011, 07:14 PM

Group Icon

Okay, I've got to show this off. I bought a one-of-a-kind Steampunk pistol for costuming (I think it totally works for SciFi because it looks so...unusual). Isn't it great? Honestly, it's a work of art...

user posted image

user posted image

Just discovered that Mike Stackpole is writing Steampunk stuff. Now I'll have to get my hands on THAT.

wahoo.gif

--------------------
~ The Book of Scrubs
oldjedinurse
Posted: Oct 14 2011, 08:32 PM

Group Icon

Okay, so I'm a little slow. doh.gif

I just discovered that a "Baron/Colonel Fel" pilot costume now meets Rebel Legion standards.

Used to be you had to join the 501st to be a Fel.

thumb.gif

(They approved this last year, but I didn't notice.)

P.S. I just saw a belt on eBay and my first thought was, "That would make a great Jedi belt..."

**Headdesk**

This post has been edited by oldjedinurse on Oct 14 2011, 08:35 PM

--------------------
~ The Book of Scrubs
oldjedinurse
Posted: Feb 24 2012, 01:03 PM

Group Icon

Although TCW has not caught on with me, after reading FANgirl's blog about the Nightsisters, I think that the animated version of Mother Talzin could become a fantastic costume!

This post has been edited by oldjedinurse on Feb 24 2012, 01:03 PM

--------------------
~ The Book of Scrubs
EmpressJainaSoloFel
Posted: Feb 24 2012, 01:24 PM

Group Icon

Member No.: 428

The animated series has a lot of fun costume ideas.

Where are we in relation to costuming at C6? If I can go, I'll bring my X-wing pilot, and finish up my black jumpsuit Jaina.

--------------------
Attn DelRey: Jag doesn't sparkle. Neither do any of the other Fels.
oldjedinurse
Posted: Feb 24 2012, 03:39 PM

Group Icon

Oh, that's right! TKL had an idea about C6, didn't she...? eyebrow.gif

--------------------
~ The Book of Scrubs
Darth Lex
Posted: Feb 24 2012, 06:23 PM

Lex
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

I need to get planning on costumes if I'm going to get one before C6. thinking.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
"Okay, if you're going to question the importance of an actor's signature on a plastic helmet from a movie based on a comic book, then all of our lives have no meaning." ~ The Big Bang Theory
EmpressJainaSoloFel
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 04:48 PM

Group Icon

To celebrate weight loss (I'm down 20, 40-50 more to go!), I am plotting the following for when goal is reached:

Upgrades to my X-wing pilot. I seriously want to replace the flak vest and jumpsuit, as well as add a helmet. Not that I'll wear the helmet (seriously, the visor does horrible things for your vision. Depth perception is GONE, resulting in me nearly killing myself tripping over something), but I want it.

Finish out black jumpsuit Jaina. I have the boots, have the jumpsuit. I'm short a saber and belt.

NEGTC Jaina: Have the boots, and that's about it here. I want to get this going.

Possible additions: Green jumpsuit Jaina, thinking about a couple Sia outfits, IK armor (even if I end up sculpting my own), Hoth Leia, Endor Leia, maybe Celebration Padme.

I have my husband talked into Antares and a Jag. When this is all done, I'm thinking some sweet photo shoots are needed. Including a possible trip to Denver for shots with the X-wing.

--------------------
Solo_and_Fel
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 06:36 PM

Hotshot: Banner Artist
Group Icon

Member No.: 128

Ooh! Those all sound exciting!

For black jumpsuit Jaina are you using an existing jumpsuit or making one from scratch? I'd like to make a jumpsuit, but I've yet to find a pattern (although I have not tried all that hard looking). tongue.gif

--------------------
I still want Blood Oath.

user posted image
Mayhem Squadron Commander
EmpressJainaSoloFel
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 06:47 PM

Group Icon

I am using an existing jumpsuit (closer to a fitted flightsuit, really). I've seen girls use the simplicity patterns, but they don't tend to turn out as nicely if you don't know how to tailor very well. They stretch in awkward places. And no one wants to see panty lines or camel toes.

--------------------
Solo_and_Fel
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 06:58 PM

Hotshot: Banner Artist
Group Icon

Member No.: 128

Heh. Nope. No indeed. May I ask where you found a jumpsuit?

--------------------
I still want Blood Oath.

user posted image
Mayhem Squadron Commander
EmpressJainaSoloFel
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 07:01 PM

Group Icon

A good friend of mine ordered a couple and I bought one of hers. Let me get in touch with her and ask.

--------------------
EmpressJainaSoloFel
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 07:21 PM

Group Icon

Confession: I broke down and got some new commpads today. One for my x-wing pilot, another for the Imperial Crew that I have nearly done (which will be usable for TIE pilots, too).

--------------------
Shinar
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 07:33 PM

Explosion Girl
Group Icon

This is non-Star Wars cosplay but still hoping for some advice. Philippe is very interested in getting an Assassin's Creed costume for GGC. We don't have the materials or time to make one (oh how I wish we were settled down and I had that sewing machine my mom keeps talking about giving me) so we're going to have to buy it. Ebay is the first thing that popped up when I googled it of course. Is Ebay a bad idea? What would be considered a good way to go about this?

--------------------
May you pick up your tea when itís exactly the right temperature, and may you happen to glance out the window when the light is just how you like it.
EmpressJainaSoloFel
Posted: Jun 4 2012, 08:54 PM

Group Icon

My only experience is with SW costuming sad.gif

Whatever you do, avoid StarFortress productions and costumebase for ANYTHING. A lot of the costuming stuff on eBay (at least from what I've looked at) is listed by international sellers (China and Argentina are the ones I see most) so beware of shipping times.

One of the more prolific costumers I know (and love): https://www.facebook.com/galabranded

She does have experience putting things together in a variety of fandoms, on short notice, and she's amazingly resourceful.

You might want to try the off topic section of Flagship Eclipse: http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com/forum/index.php

These folks are the most gifted costumers in the 501st, and can find a solution for ANYTHING. No matter how crazy or off the wall, they've found a way to do it. They'd also have a pretty good idea of what vendors might have what you need.

Is he aiming for this version?

user posted image

This post has been edited by EmpressJainaSoloFel on Jun 4 2012, 08:55 PM

--------------------
Shinar
Posted: Jun 5 2012, 10:24 AM

Explosion Girl
Group Icon

Thank you hug.gif

I don't know if he wants that one, I told him he needs to make up his mind specifically and he hasn't had a chance yet.

Yeah, most of the costumes on Ebay came from China and those threw up big red flags. I'll check out both of the links you provided.

--------------------
Shinar
Posted: Jun 11 2012, 01:48 PM

Explosion Girl
Group Icon

Update: we decided to get a, um, simplistic kit that you could order whole off of a cosplay website (not ebay but I suspect it will be similar to what we could've gotten off of there). We also found http://www.museumreplicas.com and ordered a couple of higher quality items to upgrade kit pieces. We went for the vambraces because we won't be able to make those ourselves any time soon but have lots of goals for the future. If I ever get that sewing machine we've been talking about for years after we settle down it'll have lots to do.

Philippe is very excited. I suspect this will become a favorite side project, tinkering around and building on what he's got. So long story short his costume won't be all that awesome at GGC but give us a year or two and there should be plenty of improvement smile.gif

--------------------
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (7) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1163 seconds | Archive