Avid Blue skin created by Faded of the IF Skin Zone

Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Gaming Nirvana. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Funimation sues 1337 people for pirating One Piece
Ice_Tyrant
Posted: Jan 25 2011, 03:49 PM

Gamer

Group: Members
Member No.: 389

Link

I don't know if anyone here even cares much, but I was curious, if any of you do, what you thought about it.
Ceielo
Posted: Jan 25 2011, 05:54 PM

For Comfort. For Solace.

Member No.: 4

This is why I fear pirating stuff. I want to rip my own DVD collection of Trigun so I can let my nephew watch it without touching the DVDs themselves.

--------------------
user posted image
For Comfort. For Solace.
Cloud3514
Posted: Jan 26 2011, 09:49 AM

What happens on Cygnus X-1, Stays on Cygnus X-1.

Member No.: 41

The thing that gets me is that there's a free, legal and official simulcast of One Piece on Funimation's website, why do you need to pirate it?

--------------------
In brightest day, in blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power: Green Lantern's light!
Ceielo
Posted: Jan 26 2011, 04:35 PM

For Comfort. For Solace.

Member No.: 4

I think I know what Anime I am going to start on next. Just had a convo to watch some online now that I got wireless to work here. Awesome.

--------------------
user posted image
For Comfort. For Solace.
Fantome
Posted: Jan 27 2011, 07:02 PM

Machine doll

Member No.: 305

I don't get why 1,337? It's such a weird number. But I guess 9,001 would've been far too lols worthy and no one would take it serious, not that 1,337 is any better. I hope pirating doesn't get any worse, though.

--------------------
user posted image
FFCC:EoT: 2278 4810 3766
Cloud3514
Posted: Jan 27 2011, 07:31 PM

What happens on Cygnus X-1, Stays on Cygnus X-1.

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Fantome @ Jan 27 2011, 07:02 PM)
I don't get why 1,337? It's such a weird number. But I guess 9,001 would've been far too lols worthy and no one would take it serious, not that 1,337 is any better. I hope pirating doesn't get any worse, though.

There is a popular theory that they have no intention of making a big deal about it for now and that the lawsuit threats were more or less warnings about how they have the legal power to sue you over piracy.

--------------------
In brightest day, in blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power: Green Lantern's light!
Ice_Tyrant
Posted: Feb 25 2011, 09:26 PM

Gamer

Member No.: 389

Watching One Piece illegally, at least the episodes FUNImation does have up, is just stupid. I won't say anything else, 'cause it'll just lead into a long rant about a friend of mine...

and yea, I figured this would be nothing. I assume that if they were serious they might go after fansub groups or something instead, or that makes more sense to me...

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options