Avid Blue skin created by Faded of the IF Skin Zone

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Gaming Nirvana. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

Pokemon, Like you care...
Ceielo
Posted: Apr 8 2007, 03:06 AM

For Comfort. For Solace.

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

I really want you to watch Pokemon The First Movie. I might send it to you after Dawn and I watch it. Its my favorite and a lot of my friends where I live say its the best to them.

My favorite Pokemon Character right now is James. After watching the episode with Nanna and Grampy or something, I never looked back. No wonder his Pokemon love him so much. He takes care of them really well.

The real bad guy is Ash in the show. And he's not so smart either. He saved the world like 3 times and still he didnt know that Quick Attack will miss Agatha's Gengar. lol! He had a Haunter help him in one of the epis. How could he not know? Oh wait, nevermind, I just remembered that I used Screech with my Crobat against a Loudred twice... How embarrassing.

Still Ash actually attacks humans. Jesse and James NEVER ONCE attacked Ash or his friends that I have ever seen, and yet he makes Pika Thunder Team Rocket. Humans and all. How the hell can he allow that as a face? Thats a frickin heel maneuver! Damn!

I think I might have posted that before. Anyways, I am gonna go Ditto some Tauros eggs and try to get Adamant and Pure EV train it.

--------------------
user posted image
For Comfort. For Solace.
Aja
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 01:21 PM

Honey! I'm home!!!

Member No.: 320

I've noticed in the shows that Ash usually does what he wants and when others advice him not to do something(like when he was in the ruins), he doesn't listen and goes ahead and does it. Kind of arrogant of him.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks _Captain_Marvel_

Facebook

WARNING! If zombies chase us, I'm tripping you!
Ceielo
Posted: Apr 10 2007, 02:36 AM

For Comfort. For Solace.

Brock should be with that one woman that gave him, I think a Vulpix? and marry her. He loves women and she always seemed like she would be the one to make him stay for good.

When I was younger I used to think Erica and Misty were hot lol. Erika mostly. She is the Celadon City Gym Leader who trains Grass Pokemon, if I remember correctly.

Just random thoughts.

--------------------
user posted image
For Comfort. For Solace.
Kitty
Posted: Apr 10 2007, 07:47 AM

"Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiousity was blamed."

Member No.: 5

I know Erika trained grass-type in her gym. I can't remeber if you got the gym name correct or not, but I know you got the rest right.

--------------------
user posted image
Aja
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 01:20 PM

Honey! I'm home!!!

Member No.: 320

I'd like to see all of the show, from beginning to where it's at now. I just know it with the current group, Ash, Brock, May, and Max.

--------------------
user posted image
Thanks _Captain_Marvel_

Facebook

WARNING! If zombies chase us, I'm tripping you!
CardShark
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 04:07 PM

Sane in a crazy world

Member No.: 129

QUOTE (Aja @ Apr 11 2007, 03:20 PM)
I'd like to see all of the show, from beginning to where it's at now. I just know it with the current group, Ash, Brock, May, and Max.

I don't think they'll ever show those old episodes again. Either pick up the dvds or use the ol' internet.
Ceielo
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 05:22 PM

For Comfort. For Solace.

I wanted to get all of it on DVD but they dont have a lot of epis in each, so it seemed like a Ripoff to me at the time. If they had price drops, I would love getting them all. Still would take hundreds of dollars to get though I bet.

--------------------
user posted image
For Comfort. For Solace.
CardShark
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 05:36 PM

Sane in a crazy world

QUOTE (Ceielo @ Apr 11 2007, 07:22 PM)
I wanted to get all of it on DVD but they dont have a lot of epis in each, so it seemed like a Ripoff to me at the time. If they had price drops, I would love getting them all. Still would take hundreds of dollars to get though I bet.

"Hello, eBay."
Kitty
Posted: Apr 11 2007, 05:38 PM

"Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiousity was blamed."

Member No.: 5

He does go to Ebay. Unfortunatly that does not feature EVERYTHING you could want. Only some things some times. You have to be lucky.

--------------------
user posted image
Ceielo
Posted: Apr 28 2007, 11:24 PM

For Comfort. For Solace.

I usually go to eBay to get stuff I cant find anywhere else, like my Silent Hill games, or my Metal Arms game.

I just watched Pokemon movies 1, 2 and 3. I just found out my favorite Pokemon quote.

"I haven't seen this many strange letters since I placed a personal ad." -James in Pokemon The Movie 3, while sneaking past the Unown. lol.

That had me laughing so hard.

--------------------
user posted image
For Comfort. For Solace.
Fantome
Posted: May 20 2007, 07:33 AM

Machine doll

Member No.: 305

I don't know if anyone remembers or cares but in the first season they Flint said Brock's mom died and yet in Chronicals she's alive and Brock acts as if she's always been there. Why did they feel they had to screw up the plot like that. Or did they figure the first season was so old nobody would remember or even care?

--------------------
user posted image
FFCC:EoT: 2278 4810 3766
Cloud3514
Posted: May 20 2007, 09:18 AM

What happens on Cygnus X-1, Stays on Cygnus X-1.

Member No.: 41

Its probably that 4kids cut out a scene and made up the half assed "she's dead" thing in order to make it work. And if want proof that they would do that, 4kids is the kind of dubber that originally didn't edit the fact that if Charmander's tail goes out, it dies, but in later seasons (including Chronicals), they changed it to "being unable to battle again."

--------------------
In brightest day, in blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power: Green Lantern's light!
Fantome
Posted: May 20 2007, 02:18 PM

Machine doll

So when they said she was dead, she wasn't dead?

--------------------
user posted image
Cloud3514
Posted: May 20 2007, 07:57 PM

What happens on Cygnus X-1, Stays on Cygnus X-1.

Member No.: 41

It could be an inconsistency, I was just mentioning one possibility. I don't know why it has those inconsistencies.

--------------------
In brightest day, in blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power: Green Lantern's light!
Fantome
Posted: May 21 2007, 07:20 AM

Machine doll

Seribii said something like Brock finds his long lost mother or something like that. Taking that into account and the quote from Flint, things really don't make sence. So yeah I think they screwed up. Unless she really is some stange woman that put everyone under hypnosis to gain control of the gym or something. Cuz really none of there hundreds of kids look like what's her name. They all take after Flint, aside from hair color and sex.

--------------------
user posted image
CardShark
Posted: Aug 26 2010, 05:12 PM

Sane in a crazy world

Fantome
Posted: Aug 26 2010, 10:45 PM

Machine doll

Iris and Dento huh? From what I've read, they sound like Misty and Brock. They'd better have depth. Y'know what? I'm gonna give 'em the benefit of the doubt. This is there chance to rectify the mistakes of the previous seasons and stop treating their audience like morons.

--------------------
user posted image
Ceielo
Posted: Aug 27 2010, 12:15 AM

For Comfort. For Solace.

What's the show up to in America so far? I haven't seen it in a while, although I did like it (sadly).

I only have the first 3 movies on DVD and want to get the rest. (collection thing there)

From the Sinnoh show, I liked Dawn and pushed Kitty into getting Piplup (and failed).

I have nothing really to say now, edit later.

Edit: Oh yeah, why do they always say "in a new region, not yet known there are Pokemon nobody knows about" like new regions on Earth are being made even today. Then when they get there, they already know about the Pokes (the region natives do). Why not tell us, "A place we have never been to" instead of a new place like it was just discovered? I don't know how to explain that better.

This post has been edited by Ceielo on Aug 27 2010, 12:18 AM

--------------------
user posted image
For Comfort. For Solace.
Fantome
Posted: Aug 27 2010, 10:41 AM

Machine doll

QUOTE (Ceielo @ Aug 27 2010, 12:15 AM)
What's the show up to in America so far? I haven't seen it in a while, although I did like it (sadly).

I only have the first 3 movies on DVD and want to get the rest. (collection thing there)

From the Sinnoh show, I liked Dawn and pushed Kitty into getting Piplup (and failed).

I have nothing really to say now, edit later.

Edit: Oh yeah, why do they always say "in a new region, not yet known there are Pokemon nobody knows about" like new regions on Earth are being made even today. Then when they get there, they already know about the Pokes (the region natives do). Why not tell us, "A place we have never been to" instead of a new place like it was just discovered? I don't know how to explain that better.

Ash got all 8 badges has 7 badges and Marley and Shaymin made their debuts so they're pretty much about to wrap things up they have a bit more to get through before they can end.

And you do have a point. Not only that but they have a habit of retconning character backstories. And I don't mean like Brock's not dead mother. That was a translation error as I've read. Even if it wasn't, I think Flint was just dicking around with Ash.

This post has been edited by Fantome on Sep 3 2010, 01:46 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Darkm93
Posted: Aug 27 2010, 02:25 PM

Semi-Gamer

Member No.: 515

And yet it's somehow still shocking how all that inconsistent stuff you mentioned is less infamous than "AIM 4 TEH HORN!"

Also, from what i've heard 4kids lost the licensing to the show a while ago now. It's some other idiots butchering the show at this point.

As for the gym leaders. The second i saw them i just imagined them having really ridiculous stereotypes. Kind of like the ones i included in the comics i made.

As for the "Ash is a dick" and "James of team rocket is actually more of a good guy than him" thing. I completely agree. This is one of the times where i wish the so called villains would actually win for once because the main character is less likable and interesting than the main character from Uwe Boll's Farcry movie.
Ceielo
Posted: Aug 27 2010, 07:10 PM

For Comfort. For Solace.

The first movie was one of the biggest things to come to TV in a very long time for me when it first came out. I still have the Mewtwo card from the first movie, the Gold Mew from the second and the Unown J from the third. The Mew was from my friend who saw the movie in theaters.

James is easily my favorite character in the show, but Mewtwo is my favorite character in there overall (from the first movie). Choked me up when he was about to fly away and said the birth part. [SPOILER]I think it went "It's not the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."[/SPOILER]

Who were the people in charge when the first movies and show was in America? They should go back to them and get back the original voices. The person who did James was a genius.

--------------------
user posted image
For Comfort. For Solace.
Fantome
Posted: Aug 28 2010, 09:00 PM

Machine doll

That was 4kids. I admit I did like the original voices. The person who voiced James was Eric Stuart. He's also Kaiba and Pegasus, Gourry in Slayers, and Brock. Now Pokemon USA has it and the only good new one is Jessie, imo. Unfortunately, Madeleine Blaustein died but I'm pretty sure everyone else is still alive and well. It's a shame too. She was perfect.

Additionally: One of the episodes featured Bertha of the Elite Four. I only bring this up because of a strange bit of dialog.

Ash, Brock, Dawn, Bertha, and Bertha's nephew are chasing down Team Rocket who, after a mindless runaround, took cover in a field of windmills. Well this just confused the hell out of everyone except Bertha who notices that one of the windmills isn't moving. In fact, it's quite plainly off-shaded. Frustrated, Bertha says, "oh come on! I can't be the only one who sees it!" Believe it or not she was which prompts her to turn to Ash and tell him "you'd do well to strengthen your powers of observation." To which he says, "yeah, I'll think about that."

I really don't know what to think of that. Translation error? Could be. Happened before with Brock's undead mother. Is the show becoming self awareness? Maybe they're trying to punch up the writing (not sure how this is evidence of that)? Or maybe they're poking fun at themselves for letting Ash get fooled time after time by the same old Team Rocket shtick. Whatever they were doing, I laughed my ass of.

Ash must be the dumbest motherfucker in the world dry.gif And Brock was also written to be an idiot in a painful display of how incompetent the writers can be. Not as bad as the climax of the far more interesting Galactic subplot. All I'm going to say about that is whatever happened in that episode, stays in that episode. Meaning they will never address any of it unless it fits the plot and even then for quick reference.

Despite being a gray fox, Bertha could probably kick some ass. She's even mastered Flash Step. So officially, Bertha and Marley are too cool for this tripe.

This post has been edited by Fantome on Nov 26 2010, 07:17 PM

--------------------
user posted image
Katara_Rinsho
Posted: Jan 8 2012, 07:55 PM

Procrastinators Unite! ...Tomorrow...

Member No.: 143

Thinking of getting a pokemon tattoo?
Or maybe the brave little toaster?
=]

--------------------
user posted image
~*Chrissy*~
Fantome
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 09:47 AM

Machine doll

QUOTE (Katara_Rinsho @ Jan 8 2012, 07:55 PM)
Thinking of getting a pokemon tattoo?
Or maybe the brave little toaster?
=]

I'd recommend this:
user posted image
It's pokemon for nihilists! tongue.gif
Or the regular version:
user posted image
-----
You know, ever since megaupload went down, I can't watch any episodes new of this.
-----
Forget what I said, they started uploading episodes again. I'm pretty sure I'm still watching illegally but if cn.com would upload and update like normal people, I wouldn't have to.

This post has been edited by Fantome on Mar 20 2012, 12:17 PM

--------------------
user posted image
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3]