Skin Autumnea designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Fynrir. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

No Place Like Home, huh?, [Open]
Tiegan Utathir
Posted: May 9 2008, 11:38 PM

Novice

Group: Validating
Member No.: 210

It was certainly strange, to be gazing at a place the young half-Elven woman swore to set eyes on again. It was over ten years since she had seen it, and her cold, arrogant eyes beheld it with desire. Desire. She remembered very clearly her experiences there. The adrenaline, the treasures, the storms, the wounds. And now, she desired to return to it. To return to the place which had offered so much to her in the past. The place she still knew so well. The place she felt truly at home at.

Tiegan knew very well there was nothing left for her at sea. All that she knew of it was with those she knew well, despite not feeling anything more for them than the fact that they were the people she worked with. All that she knew of it was the places she and the crew had ventured. It had been a nightmarish storm which had led them, over ten years ago, into foreign waters, on that fateful day when the ship had been destroyed and most of the crew killed. And then Tiegan found herself here.

She sat upon a rock, her hand clasped unconsciously, lightly around the small medallion around her neck. Her sword she held upon her lap with her other hand, gently caressing the blade which had bought her so much; food, money, enemies, her very life. This was an odd moment of reminiscence for Tiegan. It was the evening. The sun was setting, casting a bloody blanket across the cold sky, reflected in the sea. The tide was returning, and the waves were high and leaping, almost as if in anticipation. Tiegan knew the signs well. It would be a stormy night tonight.

A smirk danced on her lips. She remembered clearly how she always had to take command when there was a storm; for, Tiegan told herself, she was the most skilled at the wheel. Often she thought of why her father had really kept her alive, and wondered what he would think of her, could he see her now. I care not, the woman told herself firmly. Who was her father? A man, a human, who had given her life, and taught her how to survive it. Nothing more, nothing less. Nothing to get sentimental about.

With a twist of her lips, Tiegan swung her sword and stabbed it into the sand in one, swift movement. Yes, the sea was inviting. But it was the evening, and Tiegan knew she was allowing herself a very easy target to the wild creatures that roamed the shores at night.

--------------------
Laurelin
Posted: May 13 2008, 08:11 PM

Forever the Witch

Group: Members
Member No.: 89

[[Hi! I wanted to pop in and ask if you would like me to join this ... I stink at playing my elf, but any of my three albs might fit. smile.gif Before I did a post with one of them though, I thought I should ask what you would like first. If you even want to wait and see if someone else joins and not write with me, I don't mind smile.gif ]]

--------------------
Tiegan Utathir
Posted: May 13 2008, 10:06 PM

Novice

Group: Validating
Member No.: 210

[[Sure, go ahead ^^, post with Laurelin, it would be interesting to see how she and Tiegan interact.]]

--------------------
Laurelin
Posted: May 20 2008, 07:38 PM

Forever the Witch

[[I am so sorry for the wait on replying this ... I will get it done tomorrow morning. Again, I am so, so sorry]]

--------------------
Laurelin
Posted: May 28 2008, 02:05 AM

Forever the Witch

She stared out over the sea with cold, very uncaring eyes. It had been almost three years since she had last gazed upon that body of water, and what a three years it had been. Her mind conjured up images of her last moments at the beach, although it was not truly at a beach that her mind strayed to, rather the home of a certain man who had ruined her entire life, her very existence. Yes, she had recovered and had moved on, but the magic that the waves had once held for her was gone.

There was a time, when she was younger, that she would have stared at the sea with wonder and with excitement, when she would have basked in the rays of the dying sun as it set over the now orange and pink and red waves. When she would have longed to dive into the waves, letting the salty water wash over every part of her as she played in them. As it was though, she felt no beauty, no awe, no wonder. There was no excitement in her mind at the prospect of being there. The desires that would have ... that had ... once filled her were completely gone. They belonged to an earlier time, a time when there had been no children, when she had been practically a child herself before she had been thrust into a world that she had hardly been prepared for. Looking at the waves that had once held such an enchantment for her, she felt almost old. And most definitely irritable. One had to be a fool to find enjoyment in the sea, that she was determined of.

Drawing her cloak closer around her to attempt to keep out the chill wind, Laurelin turned from her reminiscing. She was here to work, it would do little good to let her mind become carried away with all that her life had once been. She never could go back, and even if she could, she knew she would not want to. That period of her life received nothing but her contempt. She hated it, and she hated the actions that she had taken, and, in a way, she hated herself. No, there was no point in dredging all that up again, all the emotional baggage that was supposed to be gone. Yes, after three years, it was supposed to be gone. Just because it was not, did not give her a reason for thinking about it all again, for torturing herself for no reason at all. She had to stop.

Searching almost desperately for a distraction, she physically turned and walked toward the crashing waves, although she did not walk close enough to them so that she would reach them. Instead, she covered about half the distance from where she had been standing to where the waves were, keeping herself around ten meters from them. Walking along, refusing to look at the water expect only occasionally, stooping to inspect the random shell that caught her interest, Laurelin actually did not notice the woman until she was practically upon her. She was aware that she had been walking along some rocks, however, the figure had blended in quite well, either that or she had been more distracted than she cared to admit. Her eyes took in the figure that was tinted a vague red from the setting sun, her black eyes narrowing slightly. She had not bothered to disguise herself that night. Plus, in a port city that comprised mostly of the lower part of life, an Alb among the thieves and the pirates was not going to be noticed.

The figure presented a problem however, one that could very well cause Laurelin to be noticed. She hesitated, then halted. The woman was blocking her way, making it impossible for her to carry on on the path she was following. Her eyes narrowing slightly, she walked a little closer to the woman, her lips forming a grim line. She was not interested in turning back, not yet.

"Excuse me, would you be so kind as to move."

Her request was obviously not one, it was more of a demand. No polite words dotted her sentence, no question was obvious by a slight upward lilt on her words. The sentence was completely and totally deadpan.

--------------------
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0338 seconds · Archive