Skin Autumnea designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.

Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Fynrir. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  ( Go to first unread post )

A royal encounter...
Andrae
Posted: Sep 5 2009, 01:36 PM

For Laurelin

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

"Princess Laisera," the said woman inserted forcefully. She immediately regretted it. Not a good idea. It puts you above them. An uncomfortable silence fell.
Next time just leave the mistake hanging, you fool.

She fiddled with a fold in her dress as she berated herself, waiting for something to be forthcoming from the others. When it was not, she smiled.
"I never liked the title Princess anyway. It always reminded me of young helpless girls trapped in towers. Rescuing stray animals... one of my cousins has a castle in the North and he adores letting in every animal possible. It's a nightmare visiting him, whichever guest room you choose, you always awake with several squirrels climbing along your curtains."

A small anecdote always eases tension and it was the truth, one of her cousins did do that but it was a mansion rather than a castle.

Feeling pleased with herself, Laisera just smiled superficiously, waiting impatiently to finish the small talk.

--------------------
Andrae | Maddie | Laisera | Beren

user posted image
| | Andrae Base | |

A beating heart has nowhere to turn.
Arikae
Posted: Sep 13 2009, 05:08 AM

Go, Speed Racer, go!

Member No.: 54

"Of course, Princess, please excuse my lapse," Adie said as politely as she could. Of course, she needed to call Laisera princess, that's what she was pretending to be for her father. She quickly glanced over at her father who gave her a slightly disapproving look. Adie lowered her eyes and sighed lightly to herself.

"Yes, as I had said earlier, Adie had a way of bringing in stray and injured animals as a child," James said with a small chuckle as the memories flashed in his mind. "Princess, is there anything that we can get you? I never thought to ask if you needed anything to drink or eat, please forgive us."

Adie glanced over at Laisera waiting for her to respond. She was beginning to see that Laisera was starting to fidget a bit; Adie could see it but she was sure her father could not. Adie started to wonder if this was possibly a bad idea to ask Laisera to do this huge favor for her. She could see that Laisera was becoming uncomfortable there in their cabin. Adie knew that this little visit would be coming to an end in the not too distant future.

((Did we want to cut this short and have Laisera take Adie to the ball/celebrations? Note: if you don't remember this, it was on page two, middle post or so. I had to look it up myself. lol Or do we want to keep going a bit?))

--------------------
Andrae
Posted: Sep 13 2009, 02:09 PM

For Laurelin

((A little longer I think. Yep, I had forgotten about the ball. Gosh, that was ages ago, wasn't it? It feels like I'm in the awkward situation as Laisera is, very strange...
Anyway, I'm sorry that it is a short reply, only half my brain is switched on as I need a break from school.))

"It's quite alright. I forgive you," she smiled at Adie and her father as genuinely as possible. "Actually yes, I would love something to eat, if it is not too much trouble, of course."

Immediately after, her charitable side took over her brain and considered this as a mistake. They have so little and I have so much, I cannot possibly feed off them! But she considered it too impolite to go back on her answer. It would not be a very princessy thing to do, after all.

Becoming conscious of her fiddling, she placed her hands together on her lap as neatly as she could. Another downwards glance told her how crumpled her skirts were from her playing and it took a large portion of her will to keep her hands together and not smooth them. Her mind restlessly kept pulling back to the 'non-neatness' so it was difficult for her to concentrate on what she was pretending to listen to.

((I thought it might be fun to give Laisera a few OCD like traits.))

--------------------

user posted image
| | Andrae Base | |

Arikae
Posted: Sep 16 2009, 07:00 AM

Go, Speed Racer, go!

"Of course, Your Highness," Adie smiled and nodded at Laisera. She turned toward the modest kitchen that the had, there wasn't much to eat in the house. She wanted to scold her father for asking if Laisera wanted anything to eat. They barely had enough for themselves but she also did know that it was not courteous to offer something. She instantly felt bad for being angry with her father for that short moment, she knew he was only trying to please Laisera.

Something to eat, something to eat. We have a little bit of cheese and some bread. Maybe some fruit. Adie stood in the kitchen as she racked her brain for something that would be suitable for a 'princess'.

"Adie, would you like me to help you make something for Princess Laisera?" James asked his daughter as he tried to stand up. Adie turned toward her father and gave him a look that told him that he had better not stand up.

"No thank you father, I think I know exactly what to make. You stay right where you are, you are far too weak," Adie explained with a smile. Adie turned her attention back to the kitchen, she walked over toward the counter and grabbed the small loaf of bread. She reached for a clean knife and began to slice the bread into thin slices. She could hear her father talking to Laisera in the background but she wasn't paying much attention to what they were saying. She was too busy concentrating on not slicing her fingers open.

After a few more minutes she had arranged the bread, cheese and a small amount of fruit on a plate. She hoped that it would be acceptable for Laisera. She grabbed a smaller plate and napkin and carried it along with the larger plate over toward Laisera.

"I do hope that this is suitable for you, I'm afraid this is all that we have. I was not able to make it to the market this morning," Adie explained as she held out the plate for Laisera to take.

((It was a long time ago that we had talked about the ball. I was looking back through what we had wrote and saw that. I had forgotten about it until I read it back on the second page. I like the OCD traits that you gave Laisera, it gives her character.))

--------------------
Andrae
Posted: Dec 26 2009, 03:45 PM

For Laurelin

((Oh my gosh honey, I'm so sorry!))

Laisera pushed the ungrateful thoughts out of her mind with determination. She should be happy with what she had been given and not wish for more. This was all they had.

Wait... this was all they had. Really? A world where you had to work for food and the cook was not at your beck and call was inconceivable to Laisera. But what could she do? Send them a hamper from time to time? Invite them over for a truly sumptuous meal but then the facade would fall. Her house was luxurious, large and fashionable but hardly a palace. She could just invite Adie... leaving James cold, hungry and alone...

"It's perfect, thank you. I am not a fussy eater."

What royal says fussy? Oh she was failing at this, failing miserably. And her skirts would just not sit straight!

"Sir, would you like to borrow one of my servants the night Adie comes with me to the Winter Ball at the palace?"

--------------------

user posted image
| | Andrae Base | |

Arikae
Posted: Jan 20 2010, 09:52 PM

Go, Speed Racer, go!

((Don't worry about it, I forgot as well. And I've kept you waiting so I guess we're even.))

Adie's face lit up when she heard that Laisera was in fact being true to her word. She would take Adie to ball like she had said. To be honest, Adie did not think that Laisera would actually take her; she thought she was just being kind and would make up some kind of excuse not to take her in the end. But hearing the words coming out of Laisera's mouth again sent a rush of joy through Adie's senses.

"Winter Ball at the palace?" James asked as he looked over at his daughter. She had not mentioned anything about a ball. She composed herself and looked over at her father.

"Yes, Her Highness, invited me yesterday to the ball. I had not had the chance to tell you yet," Adie answered with a small grin.

"Well then, I hope you lovely ladies have fun during the ball. And, Your Highness, I would not want to take one of your servants away from you for someone as humble as me. I think I will be able to handle one night away from my daughter," James answered Laisera. Adie gave her father a slight frown; she knew he would not be able to handle being alone for one night. He was far too ill; she would have to get Lenora to watch her father while she went out. She prayed that Lenora wouldn't be busy with her own affairs to take care of her father because she truly wanted to go to the Winter Ball.

--------------------
Andrae
Posted: Feb 6 2010, 03:39 PM

For Laurelin

"Not at all, sir. It would be no trouble and I'm sure they would relish a break from their usual work to come down here. Even better, I could send my physician as well. I can, in fact, send him in the morn, if you would like."

Was she supposed to have said that? Sending Amroah seemed like a kindly act but reference to his being ill might make James uncomfortable. Would he be angry at Adie for mentioning such a thing to a Princess?

A kindness indeed. Laisera full well knew that she offered another to sacrifice their time for a job that she would not do. But the ball... she needed to give Adie a taste of life - the poor girl deserved it after all.

Her hands found the seam of her overskirt and traced a finger along it, bundling and stretching the material in alternate sections. Her mind began to worry. If her servants came, the facade of her being royal hardly could be kept up for long. She must learn to think before she spoke rather than just after.

--------------------

user posted image
| | Andrae Base | |

Arikae
Posted: Feb 17 2010, 07:22 PM

Go, Speed Racer, go!

"Well, if you insist, Your Highness. I would not want to deny the wishes of someone in the royal family," James said. Adie could not help but let out a small sigh, she was relieved that Laisera had offered to send one of her servants to take care of her father. If she had to Lenore to take care of her father she probably would have come up with some kind of an excuse to not be able to go to the dance. Even though she would have loved to go; to experience something like that on such a grand scale would be something that Adie couldn't even dream of.

She began to daydream a little about what it would be like to dress up in a beautiful dress like Laisera's, dancing the night away, socializing with the royal family. That was a dream in itself; people of Adie's stature do not socialize with the royals. Adie could feel the nerves in her body coming to life. The thought of being so close to some of that stature began to make Adie nervous. She knew that Laisera was a lady of the court but to actually interact with the king and queen, would be beyond anything that she had dreamed of.

"We are very grateful for everything that you have done for us, Your Majesty. Especially for someone as humble as two of us. We greatly appreciate it," James said, "I know my Adie will enjoy her time at the ball."

--------------------
Andrae
Posted: Feb 19 2010, 11:37 AM

For Laurelin

"Why of course, you are very welcome. I have such opportunities regularly and feel that I can do my small piece of charity by allowing such a lovely girl like Adie to share in a little. But I could not take her from you for long. It shall be a fascinating experience for her, I'm sure."

Forgetting quickly her resolve to start thinking first, the words tumbled eloquently out of Laisera's mouth. Only after did she realise that to say charity might give the wrong impression. Well, the correct impression but one that might possibly offend the family. Oh, it was so difficult to understand how to interact with common people! Adie was easier, she didn't have to pretend to be one of those pretentious royals as well. Sighing, she made a mental note to make sure she did not spend to much time with the father. An occasional visit would suffice, or sending around a servant or her physician.

She had the resources to integrate Adie into superior society but whether that society would accept her was a growing worry. Maybe, if Adie did not mind, they, in turn should pretend to Laisera's friends that the girl was a relative...

"May I as be so bold as to ask what your plans for your daughter are, my kind sir?"

--------------------

user posted image
| | Andrae Base | |

Arikae
Posted: Aug 18 2010, 07:48 AM

Go, Speed Racer, go!

((Oh my goodness, I forgot about this. XD))

James held back a small laugh when Laisera called him sir. It did not sound right coming from her lips especially when she was addressing someone like him. But he made sure that he did not laugh as he did not want to offend the young woman sitting in front of him.

"Well, to be honest with, Your Highness, I am unsure. I have always allowed my daughter to do as she wishes. I do not feel that it is proper to control my daughters life, I know it is not the norm but it is how I run my household," James answered. "I do hope that she will find a husband soon, just like any father would want of their daughter. I would like grandchildren."

"Father," Adie said with a slightly embarrassed tone in her voice. This was no a subject that she wanted to get onto. It was something that brought her scars back up to the surface. Her mind quickly flashed back to the night that Kaden had been killed. The memory of his body lying in her arms brought tears to her eyes. It had been years since that night but it still affected her. She heard herself whimper slightly and pulled herself out of her daze. She quickly wiped her eyes hoping that neither her father or Laisera had noticed her tears. "I don't think Her Highness wants to hear about my non existent love life and I have more important things than a husband and children right now. I need to take care of you; if I had a child and husband I would be too busy with them."

"You see, Your Highness, she is very selfless. Adie does not get much time to herself to do what she wishes. She is too busy taking care of her old ill father, I think she just needs to let me go. She needs to get a life of her own, she needs to live." Adie sighed and rolled her eyes at her father.

--------------------
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0462 seconds · Archive