Skin Autumnea designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Fynrir. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:


Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

 Searching for Memories
Aero
Posted: Jun 2 2008, 07:04 PM


Novice
*

Group: Members
Posts: 21
Member No.: 206
Joined: 26-March 08



Aero smiled coldly at her. He hadn't expected this to be easy.

"Yes, but if I come, it will look more presentable than if you just go. You're not exactly the most reassuring looking person."

He turned to the elf. "You're really the one who should decide, though. Would you prefer it if I came along?"


--------------------
Top
Laurelin
Posted: Jun 19 2008, 05:58 AM


Forever the Witch
*

Group: Members
Posts: 13,554
Member No.: 89
Joined: 30-May 06



[[Eek! I am so so so sorry! I didn't get an email that there had been any replies, and when I checked the forum, the little thing wasn't lit up, so I missed it. I am so horribly sorry!]]

Journey visibly started when the man placed his hand on her arm. Even more surprising than his touch however, was his offer. They were both Albae, were they not working together? She had just assumed that they were either friends or comrades, resulting in them being in agreement with everything concerning decisions that had to be made. Certainly not expected was an offer of accompaniment.

Somehow, the situation was spiraling out of control. That the man was not working with the woman left her feeling strangely uncertain. If they were not working together, she could trust one of them, but not both of them. Trust! Ha! They were Albae, what was wrong with her?! She wanted to trust two Albs. Why? Simply because they had offered her an escort. Her uncertainty was growing.

Looking back and forth between them as they exchanged words, her brow furrowed as she struggled to interpret the situation, struggled to decide what to make of it. As the man turned to her and asked her opinion, she visibly hesitated, feeling the hold of the woman on her arm keenly.

"Yes, I want you to come."


--------------------
Top
Arroth
Posted: Jun 19 2008, 08:39 PM


Paladin
*

Group: Members
Posts: 445
Member No.: 21
Joined: 6-April 06



Hyassa bit back the angry response on her tongue. Idiot. Why did he have to interfere? Well, too late now to do anything without making the girl suspicious. She tugged on the girl's arm. "Come on then. No sense in wasting time." She glanced back at the Alb. "I'll keep it to a walk so you can keep up. Stay well clear of Sanagaru though. I will not be responsible for what may happen if you get too close. It is an ill-tempered beast at best, and does not like strangers."


--------------------
Top
Aero
Posted: Jun 29 2008, 06:02 PM


Novice
*

Group: Members
Posts: 21
Member No.: 206
Joined: 26-March 08



Aero shrugged, simply saying, "I walk fast."

Why am I doing this? he wondered. Just because she reminds me of someone who may or may not be a figment of my imagination is not a good idea to go out of my way to help her.

Feeling angry at himself, and the two others, for complicating matters, he looked at the two of them. "Shall we get going?"


--------------------
Top
Arroth
Posted: Jul 2 2008, 07:43 PM


Paladin
*

Group: Members
Posts: 445
Member No.: 21
Joined: 6-April 06



Hyassa merely nudged Sanagaru forward, resisting the urge to kick it into a trot. She was still inwardly fuming over his interference, but leaving him behind wouldn't help anything except relieve a bit of her frustration.

"Where might we find your family?" she asked the girl, hoping that she had pointed the warhorse in the right direction to avoid having to turn around and look foolish.


--------------------
Top
Laurelin
Posted: Jul 14 2008, 03:54 PM


Forever the Witch
*

Group: Members
Posts: 13,554
Member No.: 89
Joined: 30-May 06



[[wheee, camp interfered this time. I stink. Shoot me.]]

The continued interactions between the two Albae further ingrained Journey's suspicions. They did not like each other, as far as she could tell. Or, at least they did not by elven standards. For all she was aware, this was the typical fashion in which Albae interacted when they were friends, although the woman had called the man a stranger when she had given the warning about her horse. It seemed likely therefore, as friends or colleagues did not often refer to one another as strangers, that they were not working together. This growing knowledge was enough to cause her to extremely cautious. Although she was half tempted to let her guard down, simply because it was her nature, she was greatly resisting. Something about the situation was off, something was bothering her, even outside of their odd behavior.

"Where might we find your family?"

Raising her head, Journey looked at the Albae woman for a moment before she lowered her eyes. She was truthfully feeling more uncertain by the moment. The question, although it made sense because of what the woman was doing for her, was still enough to make her feel on edge. Somehow, telling the woman felt like a betrayal. However, it was something that she would need to know, otherwise, how was she to take Journey to her family?

Swallowing, Journey took a moment more to think. Thinking up no other recourse, she replied, pointing in the direction from which she had came. "If you follow the river there, they are camped alongside it further up."


--------------------
Top
Arroth
Posted: Jul 18 2008, 05:32 PM


Paladin
*

Group: Members
Posts: 445
Member No.: 21
Joined: 6-April 06



Hyassa merely nodded, kicking the warhorse forward. If the rest of the girl's family was as hopelessly naive as she was, then extracting a sizeable sum as thanks for returning her would be easy. Assuming, of course, that they were carrying any money. But Hyassa rather thought they would be. If they were as high-ranking as the girl's dress and behavior suggested, they'd have something of worth they might be willing to part with. But that other Alb.... She cast a stealthy sidelong glance at him. He was trouble, and not in the same sense that she was. She hoped he wouldn't want to share in whatever she happened to acquire. She might have to kill him.


--------------------
Top
Laurelin
Posted: Aug 9 2008, 06:55 PM


Forever the Witch
*

Group: Members
Posts: 13,554
Member No.: 89
Joined: 30-May 06



Journey rode along complacently, although with some apprehension. It would not take them long to reach her family, she didn't think. The Albae woman's strange behavior still unnerved her, however, as they had ridden for several minutes and nothing of consequence had happened, even conversation, she supposed all was probably alright. She supposed ... hoped.

"They should be right around that bend."

Pointing, Journey indicated what direction she was speaking of, and waited for the Albae woman to follow her information.


--------------------
Top
Arroth
Posted: Aug 11 2008, 02:52 AM


Paladin
*

Group: Members
Posts: 445
Member No.: 21
Joined: 6-April 06



Hyassa nodded again, slightly surprised that the Elf girl had wandered so far. "Their camp?" she asked tersely, fairly sure that she looked as immediately nonthreatening as she could. Assuming that the girl's family had some guards, or perhaps had some skill with weapons themselves, she did not want them thinking that she posed a threat. She didn't; not so long as there was a chance of profit from them at least.


--------------------
Top
Laurelin
Posted: Aug 24 2008, 10:07 PM


Forever the Witch
*

Group: Members
Posts: 13,554
Member No.: 89
Joined: 30-May 06



"Their camp?"

Shooting a quizzical glance at the woman, Journey studied her for a moment. Suddenly feeling a little apprehensive, she fought off feelings of mistrust. She had always striven to not be prejudiced against other races, although the Albae were difficult to trust ... even though these were the first Albae people she had ever met, the race's reputation as a whole preceded them. Pondering if this was really a good idea, the elf clearly hesitated.

"No. It is fairly close though, I can find my way from here, if you will let me off."


[[Short, why is it so short?! *apologizes profusely* I don't know this character very well, I am sorry. It seems I am doomed to only be able to play evil characters. *hits head on keyboard*]]


--------------------
Top
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 



Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0354 seconds · Archive