Skin Autumnea designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Fynrir. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

Expecting Pain, (Laurelin and only her)
Andrae
Posted: Sep 22 2009, 08:00 PM

For Laurelin

Group: Members
Member No.: 51

What long wait? Oh, you mean the one that lasted SEVEN months? It never happened. Hopefully we'll both find the time to keep this going.
Oh and my style seems to have changed slightly for this post. not quite sure why and it'll probably go back again. It could be that I'm chatting on MSN so it is a bit more chatty... My usual writing has a more stylistic descriptive thing which I never use for role-plays. not sure why, again.

Fallen over her? Oh yes, he certainly had - head over heels. That was the problem. Fallen over probably wasn't the right phrase though. Fallen at her feet was better, more accurate. he had fallen in the freezing snow right in front of her. Not close enough to reach out and touch her but close enough for her to take a step forwards and tread on his heart and head and anything else she could reach with her boots. It felt like that - her stamping on him and leaving him curled up, in the snow, crying.

Injured? Was he? Sort of, but mainly his shredded heart. Experimentally, he flexed some of his joints. everything seemed to be working... everything except his brain! How stupid was he? Just because he was lovestruck and forsaken didn't mean his chivalry should fail. He hadn't even checked if she - the love of his life - had been injured. Snow sometimes numbs the mind. And, talking of snow, well thinking to be more precise - shouldn't they get out of this blizzard?

"Fine. I think. Considering. You? I didn't kick you, did I?"

Attempts to be as cold as her, as cold as the snow around him didn't work. His concern clearly came through at the end and, try as he might, he couldn't keep it out of his voice. The hint hidden in there probably wasn't as hidden as he would have hoped.

--------------------
Andrae | Maddie | Laisera | Beren

user posted image
| | Andrae Base | |

A beating heart has nowhere to turn.
Laurelin
Posted: Dec 23 2009, 05:26 AM

Forever the Witch

Member No.: 89

Did you reply to this? Really?? *whistles innocently*

Oh Andrae... Andrae, Andrae, Andrae. He really was such a naive thing, in so very many ways. Did he know how easy it was for her to tell just how concerned he was over her, and how very much he was wanting to hide it? She felt almost pitying contempt for him. He was very endearing, in his own clumsy way, if she only allowed herself to remember that.

Sighing and pressing her cold hand to her face, Laurelin was still for a long moment. Then, slowly, she managed to speak.

"No, you did not kick me. Might I suggest that we move on now? It is getting increasing cold, and the situation is only going to get worse."

Oh, but it was a struggle to speak those words. Contempt kept wanting to showcase itself in her tone, to reveal to Andrae all the bitterness she was feeling toward him in that moment. She was questioning herself as to why she had ever considered him a friend, why in the name of Chaos she had ever even agreed to come here... Even for all her dislike of him in that moment, she made an attempt to keep her tone even, not quite so full of malice. She wondered if he could even tell, for she was sure her efforts feel feebly flat.

"We must keep moving. Give me your hand." She reached out for him, determining that as much as she disliked his presence in that moment, staying with him would be better than being alone.

--------------------
Andrae
Posted: Dec 26 2009, 03:32 PM

For Laurelin

His hand grasped hers, of course it did. All parts of her body beckoned to him and he succumbed, just as he ought. Cold and numb, her hand still warmed him, sending a fluttering glow through his fingers and spreading, slowly, to his wrist, up his arm to soar straight to his head. The fresh heat made his head spin But he held on, nonetheless, cherishing the touch and falling into that which he should not as he heaved himself up with the other hand, still lying numb in the snow, so as to put as little weight upon her as possible.

Falling, again. It was an effort to keep up and continue walking leading her without tripping and falling, desperate, to his knees, despairing. How could he be falling for her again! His heart was in tiny fragments, scattered over the mountainside, glittering in the light filtering in through the snow. The fragments showed him the way back, gave him a guide of where not to tread again. They showed him deeper things; things inside him that only the heart can know. His heart was gone, dead, so was it his brain that had never fallen out of love with her? He might have thought that his brain had more sense than that. He might have, on a better day. But now, he could sink no lower.

Maybe he was destined to love her, and unknowingly, had sealed his fate and lost his heart at the same time. So, he fell once more into the pit of the venomous vixen. How he could still love the one that hated him, now he knew her mind better and the other side to her? It was a mystery. And he was an idiot.

The other hand, the numb one, battered itself against the rock beside him as he continued the search for a cave. It did not hurt him; what else could? But it scratched him and bruised him. Still, however much he wanted to protect her from the same, he needed help finding a cave.

“Reach out, if you can, and search for an opening on the cliff face.”

--------------------

user posted image
| | Andrae Base | |

Laurelin
Posted: Jan 18 2010, 06:30 PM

Forever the Witch

“Reach out, if you can, and search for an opening on the cliff face.”

They were stumbling around blindly now, Laurelin felt as if their situation were completely hopeless. She should have stayed in the city, should have never agreed to this horrible walk. Andrae never had had the brightest ideas... why was it that she hadn't noticed that until now? Maybe because he had befriended her at a low point in her life, when she had desperately needed friends. Maybe because he was the sole person from her past that she still knew and had contact with. It wasn't often, but they did run into each other and always managed to pick up right where they had left off. That was just the nature of Andrae, and she had never given him or their friendship much thought. Now she was.

She thought what they were doing was ridiculous, but she bit her tongue and didn't say anything. The odds of there being anything along the cliff face in which they could hide seemed extremely remote. Yet, she continued feeling along the rocks with one hand, holding tight to Andrae's with the other. Even though she thought it would be more efficient for them to separate and look for shelter, having lived in Albaeir where it was always so cold had given her a good sense of a survival instinct. As much as that would be easier, the odds of them ever finding each other and then the opening again would be extremely remote. And as much as she resented him in that moment, she could not abandon him to the storm.

Grumbling to herself, trying to discern whether she was more upset with Andrae or the storm, Laurelin ran her hand over the rocks. She didn't feel the bruising, didn't feel the rough surface biting into her hand. Her hands were completely numb, she knew she was going to be in some serious pain later when her body started to thaw out. Again, she found herself missing Tancred. How many times had they both been numb? Interesting, how often they seemed to unwittingly try to freeze to death together....

Then, suddenly, she was falling. Where she had placed her hand, expecting to meet the resistance of a solid rock wall, there was nothing. Not expecting that and therefore caught off balance, Laurelin tumbled forward. Her hand released Andrae's as a reflex, and both hands went in front of her to break her fall. She landed in a dark place, it almost hurt her eyes, she was so used to seeing swirling white. To suddenly have an empty blackness in front of her was surreal. Starting to her feet, she realized she was also no longer in the wind. Had she really just found something?

Turning around, she reached out, back into the snow, seeking his hand. "Andrae! I think I found something!"

She cast a glance over her shoulder. The opening couldn't be called a cave, in her opinion, it was too small. It would perhaps fit only three or four people... but it was a shelter, and a place for them to hopefully warm up until the blizzard passed.

Hope I described the cave alright. If I didn't, lemme know and I can edit =)

--------------------
Andrae
Posted: Feb 15 2010, 02:29 PM

For Laurelin

Andrae heard her grumbling but the snow muffled the words with blankets of white eiderdown and the wind whipped them away. As always with him, he assumed the worst. It, then, proceeded to eat him from the inside out. She hated him. Reviled him for bringing her here and loading his burden onto her and she wanted to be free of him and this abominable snowstorm. How he cursed, silently, of course, the howling wind and bitter flakes. It was them, after all, which made this whole thing worse. They were the ones that she should hate, not him. He, who had adored and worshipped her for the past years. His heart had let him think of no-one else. His stupid foolish heart. It deserved what it got for making him suffer for so long. It deserved the shattering and the scattering and the daggers of ice. But why did it have to hurt him as well.

Her hand left his to drag him out of his inner misery. Losing that soft hand hurt yet more. Of all the women to fall in love with, he had to pick the cruellest. He felt like an unwanted but faithful puppy lumbering after his beloved owner. But he would not cry out. He must not cry out to check where she was; it annoyed her and made her mood even worse. He would give her no excuse to inflict more pain willingly.

Then, he heard her voice, quiet and muffled but the words were clear. There was no fear in her voice, soothing him in a way it shouldn’t. She might wish him pain, after all. What had she found? A cave, or something else? Knowing his luck, it would probably be the latter and something as worse as possible. These worries flew off following the grumbles the moment he felt her hand reaching back to him. He grasped it firmly, wishing for nothing else and allowed her to pull him towards her body and into the cave. The snow suddenly stopped battering his face and the wind blew on past. He could not see where he was for the snow was still clouding his vision. It melted in his eyes and leaked down his face. He so wished that she was not looking. Vision still blurred, he stood still, refusing to let go of her hand.

--------------------

user posted image
| | Andrae Base | |

Laurelin
Posted: Apr 8 2010, 11:09 PM

Forever the Witch

It was with some odd relief that Laurelin reacted to Andrae's hand once again clasping hers. As much as she was irritated with him, the idea of him actually becoming lost in the storm was not one she relished. So much could happen in a few scant moments of separation, and she knew to ensure her own survival she would not have ventured back out of the cave after him. Some might have considered such a thought cruel. To Laurelin, it was merely necessary. Her own survival was so much more important, at least to her.

His hand securely in hers, she pulled him toward her, toward the cave. She could see him slowly come out of the blinding white, a human figure emerging as if out of a ghostly mist. Not that anything about Andrae was ghostly or even terrifying, he was probably the man she was least afraid of out of all the ones she had met in her entire life. Which did not say much for him in her opinion, actually. Albae males were supposed to be tough and brutal, she did not see such characteristics in him, and therefore found little to admire.

Oh, but she was being cruel, perhaps unduly now. Mentally, she pushed herself back from him, trying to ascertain if she was truly justified in all she was feeling, or if she was merely looking for reasons to look down on him now. Unable to come to an answer with him still so irritatingly close to her in the small space, she tried to pull her frozen hand free from his. He did not let go.

"Andrae." She sighed, trying again to pull her hand from him. This time, she managed to twist it out of his grip, either that or he let go, she was not absolutely certain. Moving away from him, she walked toward the back of the small shelter, starting to shiver now. Her body had already been shivering, however, now that she was no longer fighting against the elements of the storm, she was aware of it. She was also aware of how frozen her hands and her feet were, of how desperately cold she was. Knowing she needed to warm her limbs, she crouched so that her bottom was resting on her heels, her dress trapping the heat between her body and the ground. Reaching beneath her cloak and behind her, she loosened her dress slightly. Pulling it off her shoulders, so that her cloak was all that was covering her back, she wrapped her arms around her body and put her hands between her dress and her skin. A gasp escaped her as her frozen hands touched her skin and she closed her eyes, forcing herself to not think about how uncomfortable she was. Her priority was getting warm, nothing else.

--------------------
Andrae
Posted: May 29 2010, 02:14 PM

For Laurelin

((Sorry it took me so long. Lack of inspiration, I suppose))

The sound of her voice saying his name melted him where he stood. His heart started to glow and trickle down inside him, running like a little mountain rill bouncing from rock to rock. Why did such a sound give him life and energy to throw himself of a cliff to follow her? But he could not dam the stream as he could not reach inside and shake his heart into sense.

It took a few minutes for him to scratch the idyllic fresh mountain atmosphere inside of him, but he did, with many a self-pitying thought. Her hand had been snatched away from him in the time it took for him to dream and not pay attention. The shelter of the cave caught up with him and Andrae scrutinised it carefully - each rocky protusion and crack of the one sweepingly curved wall - to avoid seeing the woman who his eyes felt pulled towards. He must resist the pull.

In his examination, he stared at a bundle of firewood just behind Laurelin, clearly left over from someone's camp. It was too close to her though; he would have to walk within touching distance and he was not sure that his head could cope with the inevitable light-headedness, which that would conjure. Lost in her own thoughts and bitter coldness, she had overlooked the fuel.
Turn around. he willed her. Notice it and have the satisfaction of considering me useless.

But, of course, it was no good. Her eyes were closed and now that he could, without her knowing, he could not tear his eyes away from her.

More minutes passed in silence, Andrae gazing and Laurelin sitting, before some unexpected chivalry stirred deep within him. To get the wood and start a fire would warm her and she was quite obviously frozen. He took a few steps towards her.

--------------------

user posted image
| | Andrae Base | |

Laurelin
Posted: Jun 10 2010, 05:07 AM

Forever the Witch

[[Something about the above post is extremely moving, Lizzie. I sniffled my way through it. I am not quite sure why, but it echoes my emotions right now O_O Especially the third to last paragraph.]]

This was why Tancred wanted her to gain weight.

Alright, so he had never said those words outright, but she knew he often appreciated her figure more after she would stop training for a while, and, as a result, would put on a few extra pounds until she again became very physically active. He had also made the off comment on the few times that they were stuck in storms such as this, that her weighing more would come in handy... she always became frozen far too quickly, and she knew it worried him. Idly, she wondered, was it worrying Andrae? It was not as if there was anything he could do about the cold, he could not take it away, could not rescue her from this. Not that she wanted him to. No, she did not want his help, not really. He had done far too much this day already.

Still, as she continued to violently shiver, her body struggling to keep her vital organs warm as it slowly cut off circulation to her feet and hands, she wondered what Andrae was thinking. Was he concerned for her, or after all she had said and done to him since his confession, had he completely turned off his regard for her? She honesty would not blame him if he had, a thought which surprised her. It would not be surprising. And it was not as if she cared.

Nevertheless, the idea of his no longer caring for her oddly disturbed her. No, she did not love him, that was absolutely not it! Yet, neither did she want to lose his regard. And he was a good man. Horribly conflicted, but even more tired, Laurelin did not even fully realize the extent to which her mind was slowling as the cold did its work on her. The process of freezing had already begun out in the elements, however she had been moving and focused and so had not even realized then that her mind was becoming fuzzy.

Her keen elvish hearing picking up the sound of someone taking a few steps toward her, and she squeezed her eyes shut tighter. She didn't want to face Andrae. Not now. Not when she was so confused.

If he no longer cared about her fate, then what would happen to her if she were to die here and he survive? Would he take word back to someone who could let her family know? Would he leave her body to just rot amongst the stones? A shudder wracked through her frame. Suddenly, she knew why she was so disturbed at the thought of maybe having lost his regard. She could no longer trust him.

--------------------
Andrae
Posted: Aug 16 2010, 03:22 PM

For Laurelin

((If you say so. I was just rambling trying to fill extra space... Funny how things work out. I *squeed* while reading yours though - I loved the way you teased me with her possibly liking him. Cruel, cruel Laura.))

Walking close to her was so hard. Her hair fluttered from the wind and few flecks of snow which wound its way into the cave to bite him and drink his last scraps of hope and life and all things good. The elements hated him. To reach behind her was possibly the hardest thing today, harder than admitting his feelings or enduring her hatred. Her eyes were closed and so the emotion hidden. She could have loved him in this state. He could be able to put an arm around her shoulders and keep away the cold which threatened to consume them both. He could be happy.

But he was not and, in a way, it was her fault and his mind shunned that idea, pushed it out into the freezing cold so that it could become solid and able to scamper away to hide, frightened outside. His mind then turned to the logical explanation, covering the truth with a rose-tinted blanket. If he could not blame her, whom he loved and would hear no word against and he could not blame Tancred, who was both stronger and larger than him, who was at fault? It could only be himself for this mess and all the thousands of marshes that he had stumbled blindly into over the last two years. He had looked upon a treasure which was not his and he was to blame for nurturing the envy of he who could touch the treasure.

Finally, a different part of his mind took control, picked up the wood and walked away to a place where the fire would warm her but not be close enough to endanger him. He pulled his pack around with numb hands and the friction helped them to recover movement. He, then, proceeded to starting the fire.

--------------------

user posted image
| | Andrae Base | |

Laurelin
Posted: Sep 25 2010, 12:22 AM

Forever the Witch

((Hehe, sorry ^^ Oh, and apologies for the wait. MY EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS ARE NOT WORKING! CURSE THE- ...oh. I wonder if I still have the email address I used for this... *runs to go look* Edit- hehe, yep! That was the problem!))

It seemed that whenever she seriously contemplated death, something would happen that would make Laurelin shake her head and wonder if she was going insane. Invariably, she would have missed something obvious because she was so caught in her self-pity and pessimism. It was a horrible trait.

And, of course, that trait would come to haunt her today of all days. Just as she was contemplating her inevitable death and lack of a burial, she heard the sound of something moving behind her. Actually, it wasn't something moving, it was Andrae moving something. What was he doing? She heard him come near her, heard what sounded like him picking something up. A frown creased her forehead and she struggled against an insane curiosity. Laurelin desperately wanted to turn to see what he was going, yet, didn't dare. To acknowledge his presence was an unnecessary evil, in her mind.

The forcing herself to be still was difficult. Finally, she could not resist looking, as it sounded like he was making a fire... a fact she hardly dared to hope for. Slowly, Laurelin opened her eyes and looked over her shoulder. Sure enough, the man was bent over a pile of wood, looking for all intents and purposes like he was trying to get a fire going. Or had actually succeeded; Laurelin could not tell from where she was sitting.

Slowly, she spoke, being sure to keep her tone even and coldly nonchalant. "Do you need a flint?"

--------------------
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0420 seconds · Archive