Skin Autumnea designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Fynrir. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

For a Flagon of Ale, Anyone
Hannu
Posted: May 2 2008, 09:21 PM

Novice

Group: Members
Member No.: 207

"Whoo, home at last!" shouted Hannu to no one in particular, swinging open the inn's door with a thrust of his arm. It was raining hard that night, as evident by the incoming flood of water onto the floor. And that water was only from Hannu's soaked hair.

"Barwench, a flagon of ale for me!" He stretched out proudly, before collapsing into the nearest chair. "Great day, what a great day." His breath was heavy, his cheeks flushed. Must have been out chasing something again.

--------------------
Aero
Posted: May 5 2008, 01:45 PM

Novice

Member No.: 206

Findle looked over his shoulder to watch the young man who had come in. He'd seen the young man around a lot, lately, but hadn't bothered to introduce himself, yet. He seemed like a nice young fellow, not as grim as most of the other people who came to the inn.

Making up his mind, Findle stood up and strode over to the table where the young man sat. "Another flagon for me, as well!" He said plopping himself down in a chair, and ignoring the large pile of flagons that he had left behind on the bar.

"My name's Findle Fersun, and there's nothing I love more than a good flagon of ale. What's your name?"

--------------------
Hannu
Posted: May 5 2008, 08:37 PM

Novice

"Er, my name? It's Hannu. Hannu Kotiro, of... some place by the grove."

He paused slightly, a bit of a dizzy look in his eyes.

"Oh, ha, I'm sorry there. Been a long day. A long day, but a great day! And I'm sure tomorrow will be even greater."

Hannu stopped to comb through his hair with his fingers. Damn, it was still wet. How much water could one man's head hold, anyway? The dirty water splashed down onto the floor in flickering droplets. He stopped, stretched out, looked around. Seemed a bit distracted by the evening's crowd.

--------------------
Aero
Posted: May 8 2008, 04:17 PM

Novice

Findle snorted. Maybe not the brightest of drinking partners, but he was still someone. And he was cheerful. Everyone was so grim around here.

"So, what did you do on this great day of yours? Drink?" Findle prodded, saying the only thing that constituted as a great day, for him.

--------------------
Hannu
Posted: May 8 2008, 09:08 PM

Novice

"Not until now. But I had the most AMAZING time out hunting! Found a lone wolf, just out in the open, enjoying a fresh kill. Now, normally I just shoot at wolves, but this one? Something special about it. Looked very strong, very challenging. So, you know what I did? I chased it! And I must've chased that damn wolf for miles before it gave way to exhaustion! It was amazing. To outrun a wolf..."

Hannu leaned back in his seat, looking heavenward, closing his eyes.

"I skinned it while it was still alive. It was breathtaking."

--------------------
Aero
Posted: May 10 2008, 02:27 PM

Novice

Findle just stared at him for a moment. He had actually met someone stranger than he was. This was not a usual occurence.

"So do you do anything else besides hunt?" Findle asked, hoping the answer was yes. He couldn't stand hunting. He much preferred fighting people. It was easier. The people generally weren't as clever as the animals.

--------------------
Hannu
Posted: May 10 2008, 04:57 PM

Novice

"Sometimes I sell the pelts, and teeth, and such. But other than that, nothing. I love the wilderness too much to do anything else."

--------------------
Aero
Posted: Jun 2 2008, 12:47 AM

Novice

[I'm soo sorry! I completely forgot about this! I feel so bad... I'll try to be more active, in the future!]

By this time, Findle had consumed quite a lot of ale. It was beginning to show.

"A life on the road, eh? A wonderful way to make a living! Let's sing a song about it!" He clapped his hand on Hannus shoulder, and started to sway back and forth, humming something.

--------------------
Hannu
Posted: Jun 13 2008, 08:45 PM

Novice

"Behhh, I don't think I've heard that song before! But what the hey!"

Hannu chuckled a bit, and joined in. He sounded remarkably off-key, but nothing too dissonant.

--------------------
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0533 seconds · Archive