Skin Autumnea designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Fynrir. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (10) « First ... 8 9 [10]  ( Go to first unread post )

Severe Deja vu, && Almarean A G A I N
Wylla
Posted: Dec 12 2007, 11:57 PM

Don't cry to me. If you loved me, you would be here with me.

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

Almarean looked rather uninterested as he sat on his throne while the dancing began. A few elves had paired up, mainly those who were no longer eligable for marriage or who already courting or engaged. The majority of those there were waiting to begin dancing....waiting on him. It was normally custom for the single royal of the family to begin dancing with those who were eligable first. If a male, he would have to ask a young woman to dance. If female, a rather brave man would approach her first. Yet another evil of high society. It was clear he was stalling, and he was also looking for someone, but it was not the young girl in the dark red dress. He was looking for Laurelin. Unfortunately, his mother had invited many people and he could not pick her out in the crowd. Dark hair was not uncommon in elves, he could not see people's eyes clearly, and there were so many people milling about it made finding anyone practically impossible. At least she couldn't blame him for not trying to find her. Yes, he was stalling. His father elbowed him subtly and pointed to his mother who then hissed at him to get going and pick someone. He hid his annoyance as he looked over the ballroom again. He saw a pretty girl in a deep green dress with auburn hair. Might as well choose her. He stood and the music continued as he approached the girl. Her friends fell silent as he stood behind her. Their eyes widened as they stared at him. The girl looked at them quizically before turning around and nearly fainting herself.

Almarean bowed to her. "May I have this dance?"
The girl looked positively dumbstruck. She nodded, unable to form words. He held out his arm and she took it tentatively, nearly shaking with nervousness. He led her out onto the dance floor, the eyes of hundreds of people on them, half of them looking rather jealous of the girl he had randomly picked to begin dancing with. A new song began and Almarean and the girl positioned themselves. Other couples began stepping onto the floor to participate, as the prince was now on the floor, it was acceptable for everyone dance. They began dancing, and his foot was presently stepped on. He winced discreetly as the girl flushed and apologized. He smiled forgivingly and they continued on. He thanked the goddesses that it was a short song, as his foot was stepped on four more times. The girl walked away flushed and flustered, while Almarean walked away wanting to limp. The next girl he danced with didn't step on his foot, but she was very stiff. The third girl was a much better dancer, but an incessant talker with a high nasal voice that made him want to wince whenever she opened her mouth. The girl after her wasn't much better. She had a most unattractive laugh. He sighed in between girls, wanting to avoid all of them.

He looked around again, desperate...and then...YES! He saw her, her arms crossed, grinning at him at the edge of the crowd. She was dressed in a stunning dark blue gown with a scooping neckline that flattered her, but was not extremely revealing. The loose, mesh sleeves hung elegantly from her arms. Silver ribbon was wound throughout her dark hair, following the gentle curls. He walked up to her smiling. "Wylla, I'm so glad and relieved that you could make it." He said relieved quietly. She laughed.

"I've seen your luck in choosing dance partners. I thought I might come to save you...and you're feet." She smiled at him. "It's good to see you, Almarean." He smiled back and bowed to her. She took his arm and they walked onto the dance floor. A waltz began to play and Almarean was relieved to finally have a graceful dance partner who would not annoy him to the end of his sanity. The moved well together and soon most of the eyes in the room were on them. They talked as old friends often do, smiling and laughing. "That was an interesting speech you gave," Wylla mused, knowing that there was much more that had gone on then what he had let on.

"Yes, it was. Don't worry, I'll tell you all about it later, given you don't step on my foot."

The waltz ended. Almarean bowed, Wylla curtseyed. They promised they would catch up later and Wylla was soon approached for another dance. Once again, Almarean was partnerless in a room of hopeful partners. Unfortunately, Almarean didn't want to dance with any of them. He looked around for a moment more before seeing the girl in the red dress again. It was worth a shot....Maybe she wouldn't be intolerable.

He walked up to her and bowed. "I would be honored to have this dance."

--------------------
Wylla|Miluiel|Almárean|Lathenia|
Estella|Jahtawny

"This is true love. You think this happens every day?"
Laurelin
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 02:11 AM

Forever the Witch

Member No.: 89

[[Okay, I completely give up. Laurelin and Journey shall share their posts. happy.gif Both are driving me nuts!]]

Meava's disappointment at the lack of a scandal was very keen, as well as very obvious. Journey kept shushing her, not wanting the other people around them to notice her sister's less than softly spoken complaints. She knew well that if there was anything Maeva loved, it was a scandal. Just why, Journey couldn't quite imagine. Her sister also seemed more animated than usual, though she wasn't quite sure why. If she had known why, she would have been horrified, finding out that it was caused by the gaze of the Prince having been locked with hers. As it was, it was quite a blessing for Journey that she did not know, otherwise her feelings would probably have been completely crushed. She knew quite well that the Prince did not know of her existence, she also knew that there was no chance at all of there ever being anything between them, but that did little, practically nothing in fact, to relieve her feelings. However, Maeva's flirtatious grin had not been missed by her, though she had missed the fact that it had been directed at the Prince during his speech.

As the dancing started in slight waves, neither sister found themselves with a dance partner, and therefore drifted to the sides of the room. It did not take Maeva's quick eyes long to notice a commotion, one that was obviously directed at a certain figure. Journey swallowed as Maeva guided them over close to the figure, who's eyes were undeniably fixed on the Prince as he asked for the first dance of the evening. Journey was immediately struck by how different she looked from an elf, the combination of her snow white skin with her dark hair and eyes was quite striking and exotic. Truly, she would not have blamed the Prince for falling in love with such a creature, so unique were her looks and so different from those of elves. She herself had known Legalien slightly, and the resemblance was very obvious, at least in their features. In their coloring mother and daughter could not have looked more different. Still, Journey had to admit that she was not the most beautiful woman she had ever seen, there was a hardness to her face that was not seen often among elves, also, she had seen many elves that were just simply lovelier than the Albae girl before her.

If Maeva noticed any of the things that were going through Journey's mind, she did not show it. Rather, she went straight up to the Albae, dragging Journey with her, her gaze challenging, her tone even more so. "So, I understand from what the Prince has said that you two are not involved. I found that interesting, most rumors do not come from no where, they all originate in some manner from some place. So, quite naturally I think, I have a few questions for you-"

"Maeva ..." Journey hissed, pulling on her sister's arm as she saw the Alb's face grow icy, though Maeva promptly ignored her.

"I really do wish to know how well you know the Prince. How long have you known him? Do you feel no guilt coming back here, obviously an alb, to the lands that your mother was stolen from? Or is guilt beyond your comprehension? I have heard that Albae are completely incapable of guilt, I wondered if your elvish blood erased that trait, or rather do you still possess it? And really, how long have you known the Prince? Has your involvement included anything beyond what he stated? I found him most ... vague on some aspects. Have you slept with him? Do you love him? I see how your eyes follow his every move. What is he like in be-" The questions went on and on and certainly did not stop there, but I shall spare everyone the painful details.

Journey let out a strangled sound of protest and started pulling on Maeva's arm, trying to silence her. She also kept trying to interject, therefore disrupting the conversation, but her sister kept missing the hints, instead just plowing ahead as if the alb in front of them had no feelings at all. Perhaps Maeva missed it, but Journey could plainly see that all was not calm in the woman in front of them, and the tension was growing even worse.

Said tension was broken as the conversation stopped, mainly because the Alb girl's attention drifted to someone behind them, her eyes lighting up slightly. Journey turned, as did Maeva, breaking off in midsentence. The Prince was approaching them, making Journey swallow with nervousness and Maeva light up with pleasure. Ahh, another party to interrogate, no doubt, Journey recognized her sister's thought patterns with reluctance. How had she ended up with such an inconsiderate sibling? She was quickly distracted though, as she wondered for a brief moment if perhaps the Prince was going to ask her to dance. However, he stopped directly in front of Maeva, and asked her.

"As would I." Maeva replied with a smile, her arm immediately dropping Journey's as she prepared to dance with her soon to be victim.

---------------------------------------

Laurelin's eyes moved from the crowd back to Almarean just as he asked the young elvish girl to dance. She felt something break within her, and it was only through her determination that she kept tears from appearing in her eyes, though they undeniably held more of a shine than was normal, attesting to her emotion anguish. She knew that it would be considered improper for Almarean to dance with her, it would discount all that he had said. What she had not known was the pain that seeing him openly dance with others would cause her. However, she was quickly distracted from that as two elves approached her, one seeming to drag the other that seemed quite reluctant. Both were lovely, she had to admit, though there was something ... off ... about the brown haired one that suggested all was not completely right with her, though Laurelin could not quite put her finger on what exactly it was that seemed wrong with the girl.

As soon as the blonde elf opened her mouth, Laurelin knew with a deadly certainty that she would not be able to stand her. As the questions grew more and more prying, her face grew colder and colder. Surely, on top of everything else, this was not happening. Her anger growing, Laurelin's face tightened slightly, then slowly started to relax into an expressionless mask. The rest of her body slowly followed, until she appeared completely at ease. However, her anger was growing, she was just starting to let it flow through her, which was going to end up in this elf getting punched in the face if she didn't run for her life. That didn't seem likely to happen however, and as the questions ventured into Laurelin and Almarean's relationship, some even going so far as to ask intimate details, pain as well as fury started to spark. The other elvish girl seemed just as upset as she was, the brunette's agitation plainly showing, especially as she started tugging on the other girl's arm.

Laurelin was seriously close to breaking the snotty elf's nose when she caught sight of a familiar figure walking toward them, making her almost cry and run into his arms in delight. However, she refrained, seeing that he had not even looked at her, his focus was completely on the elf that was rudely questioning her. Of course ... why had it taken her so long to recognize the beautiful elf in front of her!? It was the girl he had locked gazes with during his speech ... completely and totally emotionally helpless, her mind started to run over all the possibilities of what could be going on. Did he know this girl? Was he purposely ignoring her? The unanswered questions were extremely painful.

Her eyes turned emotionless and completely empty as Almarean bowed to the elf that had been assaulting her, not even once looking at Laurelin, a fact which felt like a knife going through her. As the girl replied with a airy and almost indifferent yes, Laurelin had to bite her lip to keep from letting out a cry of pain and outrage. Such filth did not deserve to even be in the palace, let alone in the perfect arms of her love!

[[Sorry for any spelling errors, I can't type today. Also, sorry for the wait. smile.gif ]]

--------------------
Wylla
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 05:37 AM

[[haha. that's fine. Don't worry about it!]]

In the defense of our dearest Almarean, (admit it. he's perfect and you love him) He truly did not see Laurelin standing right behind the elf. He had eyes only for her in the past few minutes and was incapable of being deterred. He held out his arm, which she took most gracefully and he led her to the dance floor. A very slow, long waltz began, which Almarean was thankful for. It meant he got to dance with this vision for a good while. He resolved that he would dance with Laurelin next. Why he thought of her, he did not know. What the ramifications would be, he wasn't sure. But he wasn't going to let her stand alone all night. He was going to dance with her at least once. He always was a bit of a trouble maker at heart.

He held Maeva's right hand with his own and placed his left hand on her waist. How slender she was! It was as if she were little more than a pole. She placed her hand delicately on his shoulder. He suddenly found himself wondering what she thought of his shoulder. Did she find it too thin? Too thick? Were the muscles he had built up strong enough for her to notice and admire? A million thoughts raced through his head at once. He truly was out of practice with women now. He used to be so confident. A few more women like her and I probably will be again.... He thought to himself, grinning inwardly. They joined the rest of the elves in movement. On top of the way she looked, the girl proved to be a most graceful and skilled dancer. Many do not understand the complexity that is the waltz. In actuality, it is more difficult than it appears.

He studied her a moment, noticed her smooth, soft skin, gazed into her beautiful eyes....This was the kind of woman he needed. Here was the kind of woman he could be proud of. A woman with grace and poise. A woman who was polite and knew the proper etiquette of such affairs. The kind of woman he could take to his mother and she would be pleased. And she was beautiful...goddesses was she beautiful. This was the woman he now intended pursuing. She seemed to have everything he was looking for. He stumbled a bit on purpose, but it was so discreet only she would notice. He looked down quickly to "correct his footing" while he actually sized her up in his mind. She had a gorgeous body. Despite being thin, she had a lovely hourglass figure. And her dress...it played to flatter every part about her. The color made her stand out, the cut was daring, something he appreciated in a woman. Something that had made him fall in love with Laurelin. He wanted someone fun and daring. This woman seemed to have it all, and here she was in his arms, most likely more than willing to do anything he asked and more. Add the necklace on top of that. He knew she did it for attention, and she got it. He definitely noticed her chest. The way her necklace settled perfectly in the valley between her full breasts. And all this he noticed in a simple glance. Having "corrected himself" he looked her in the face and smiled. How young she looked! How innocent and full of life. Yes, here was the girl of his dreams dancing with him. Congratulations, Mother. You've done it.

"You are truly a lovely dancer. I find it a pity that we have yet to meet each other before now. If I may be so bold as to inquire your name..." Oh he was laying it on thick now. But he had a feeling she would take it and run with it. He glanced up at her hair, a beautiful golden blonde. Did she have no faults?

--------------------
Estella|Jahtawny

Laurelin
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 09:47 PM

Forever the Witch

[[Alright, alright, I admit it, I love him. Even if he isn't perfect. wink.gif And I kinda did trap him there, there wasn't much you could do. tongue.gif Sorry.]]

Maeva smiled as Almarean held out his arm, her eyes completely lit up in excitement. For all the world she did look perfect, completely and totally alive. Journey could not help the pinprick of hurt that struck her at Maeva's luck, as well as at her acceptance. Why had she danced with a man that she knew her sister had feelings for? Such a betrayal seemed hardly fair as she was left only with the option of watching them as they glided away as one, their steps perfectly in tune with each other. However, she only watched them for a moment before she adverted her eyes, unable to watch them for any longer. As she did so, her eyes inadvertently went to the alb girl, noticing how completely stricken she looked. Oh, but Journey was glad in that moment that Maeva was gone, for although she could tell the alb was trying to hide it, she was still hurt and was still showing it slightly. Maeva would have pounced on that fact, while Journey only stepped closer to the girl, albeit hesitantly. "I am sorry. Both for my sister's actions and for his ... not seeing you."

Journey's eyes filled with surprise as the alb started to speak, the tone of her voice was actually not at all what she would have expected. The Albae accent was soft and actually quite lovely, she thought. Never having heard it before in her life, she found herself quite enthralled by it. Oh, but there was so much to this woman before her that would have been appealing to a man like the Prince, at least as far as Journey could tell. Not that she really knew from personal experience, it was simply guesswork. She hesitated a moment longer, not really knowing what to say. The alb was far from encouraging conversation. She bit her lip, whispered a polite farewell, then turned and wove into the crowd, looking for a familiar face. There really was not much she could say. She could not excuse Maeva's actions, nor could she repair the damage that had been done. Although she did find everything between the alb and the Prince interesting to say the least, she was not about to pry, nor did she even want to. If information was only to be learned through cruel means, it was not at all worth learning in her mind.

It took a moment, but she found one, spotting one of her dearest friends alone and without a dance partner. The two girls spotted each other at the exact same time, and met each other halfway in the distance that had separated them. "Journey, how are you? I see that your sister got a dance with the Prince ... and I also saw the both of you talking to his denied lover. I do wonder if he realizes that no one believes his speech ... In any event, we shall have to interrogate Maeva after her dance is over, for surely she will get information out of him ..."

Journey smiled politely and resisted the urge to groan. Was there no escaping this?

Laurelin watched Almarean glide away with the elven girl that had so infuriated her with a mixture of pain and anger. What had she done that had caused her to deserve being snubbed so? Was it only out of social decorum and a desire to keep rumors down that he did so? She had never thought him to be the kind that cared about rumors and surely she would not have caused that many just by his speaking to her. If he had even just met her eyes ... but no, his gaze had never strayed from the elf in front of her, making her feel as if she were dying. Now that she considered it, she had recognized the enthralled look that had entered his eyes, she had last seen it in regard to her when they had first met. It was a look of utter fascination, a look almost of longing. He wanted that elf, and if he pursued her with any of the vigor that he had shown in his pursuit of herself, it would not be long before he got what he wanted. That fact was completely wounding to her, while she had known he would move on, she had not suspected that he would openly do it in front of her. Such a thing seemed greatly out of his character, he was usually so caring, so loving toward her, even if he did not love with the love that he once had. What about that elf had so completely captured his attention that he was so willing to treat her so coldly? Was it strictly the woman's looks? Laurelin had to admit she was stunning, and that she and Almarean looked wonderful together. But that really did little to reassure her heart, or to mend her feelings.

Her attention was turned from them to the other girl with the elf stepped closer to her. Laurelin stared at her for a long moment, then nodded in response to her apology. "You did not do anything, and while your apology can not mend what has been done, I will still accept it." Her soft albish accent seemed to surprise the elf, a fact which made her smile grimly. Her accent was good for shock value at least, if for nothing else. And it did appear to have greatly shocked the girl, for a moment later she was gliding away, after giving Laurelin a polite farewell of course.

Biting her lip, Laurelin redirected her gaze at her love and his current dance partner. She could not miss how his eyes traveled over her as he supposedly 'tripped'. Oh, she knew that trick well enough to know that he never, ever tripped. Had he not done the same thing to her? And she had caught his intentions the moment he had done it, then told him so even. He was completely and totally taken with the girl in his arms, well, Laurelin could only hope that the wench was barren. Yes, perhaps it was cruel, but she held no lost love for that cruel girl who passed herself off as a lady. Her attitude was not that of a noble, no matter what her birth!

Deciding that her evening held no potential to get any worse, Laurelin forced her eyes away from Almarean and to the room around her, trying to distract herself. Watching him dance with that ... that .... girl was only irritating her and making her more upset. She had to distract herself somehow, before she either stormed up to Almarean and shouted at him or burst into tears. Her eyes searching the people in the room, trying to find anything of interest, she froze when they landed on a girl that seemed very familiar ... the brown curls tied back with ribbon were lovely, as was her figure, her face, her poise. Why did she look so ... Wylla! Laurelin barely resisted the urge to groan, why, on top of Almarean doing this, did Damian's old lover have to be there?! Oh, if that wouldn't lead to a scene, she didn't know what would ... she was half tempted to go talk to her, but she was too afraid of what her reaction would be. Did she knew that Damian had left Laurelin? Did she know that Damian was dead?

Her head spinning with questions and too many emotions to name, Laurelin walked over to an open doorway, thrilled to discover that it led to a balcony. She stepped out onto it, breathing in the chill night air with relief, finding her refuge in the darkness.

Maeva smiled in calm delight as she took the Prince's arm, content to let him lead her, as well as control any conversation. For a moment, anyway. As his hand rested on her waist and he caught her other hand with his, her left hand went to rest on his shoulder, marveling momentarily at the muscles that her hand felt hidden there. However, she didn't dwell on that too long, her mind instead forming questions that she was all too eager to pose to him.

He led her around the dance effortlessly, she followed his movements with equal lack of effort. She was quite accomplished at dancing, although she knew that Journey was even better. Still, Journey hardly ever danced, it all depended on the health of her lungs that day, which left all the glory of gracefulness to Maeva.

Maeva was too deep in thought to notice his studying of her, her mind was whirling over all the possible information she could receive from him. Obviously, his being a Prince did not hold too much of an awe or admiration for her, truly, her curiosity had kicked in and now nothing would be able to quench it until she had all the answers, or at least enough to incriminate the parties involved. For some twisted reason, she found delight in gossip, scandal, tragedy. She found it all perfectly delicious, something which had always horrified her sister.

His stumble made her pause slightly, at least mentally. Her steps continued one without fault, although she did take the lead for a moment until he had regained himself. It was a horrible move, but one she was guilty off. At least she didn't keep the lead, instead relinquishing it as soon as he had once again looked up, meeting her eyes with a smile. She did not recognize any alterer motives, she was completely oblivious to it, and completely disgusted that he had actually stumbled. At least, for the most part, he was a good dancer ... though she wanted so much more than just a dance.

When he spoke, excitement filled her. It would not have been polite for her to initiate the conversation, so she had been left waiting until he deemed it fit to start speaking. Now that he had, she was ready. The fact that his words left her the perfect opening to start asking him questions was an extremely appreciated bonus ... she had been growing fearful that he would not speak at all during the dance.

"Of course you may inquire my name, my lord. Lady Maeva Runtheaire, though that is my formal title. I go most generally by Maeva, and will accept nothing less. Now, as I cannot really return your question with the same question, as I know who you are, and I have no patience for petty compliments, I do wonder if I might skip the social cordiality and get on with it. I am rather curious as to the relationship you have with that Albae girl. She is quite exotic, I thought. I would be quite surprised and quite disappointed if you had not at least slept with her once, as that would be quite boring and very dull. I did try to pry her for details, but all she did was look at me. I do believe my sister felt threatened, but truly, I cannot see her punching me right in the middle of the gala, for surely, even as she is a savage alb, she has more etiquette than that. I have heard they are practically barbarians, why, I wonder if she can even speak elvish ... tell me, can she?"

[[Dear heavens that girl is annoying! *plots Maeva's demise*

&& 1907 words... I need a word max, I do.]]

--------------------
Wylla
Posted: Dec 27 2007, 11:04 PM

[[uh huh. You're forgiven. As long as you realize that it's YOUR FAULT! MWAHAHA]]

Wylla watched the prince as he led yet another girl to the dance floor... However, this one had prospects. She was tall, beautiful, graceful... Oh yes, she saw that he was interested. He tripped! Oh, the scoundrel! How many times had he tried that with her when they first met? Several, and he got slapped for it every time. She was smarter than most women. She made sure that he knew that. How taken she had been with him in the beginning! He was smart and charming and handsome...but things just weren't meant to be. She had found someone better....Joraiem. He was... Had been perfect. She could not help but feel a twinge of heartbreak as she thought of him. He had been such a good dancer as well. So funny, sweet, loving....No. She couldn't think of him. Not now. She was supposed to have fun tonight. The memories came flooding back to her. He would have had so much fun here. He loved to dance... He would have complimented her, told her that she looked beautiful tonight, teased her about what they were going to do after the ball. Oh, she missed him so!

Wylla shut her eyes tight. The tears were coming. She could feel them. She opened her eyes and looked for an escape. She saw a door that led out to a dark balcony. It appeared empty. She hurried toward it, pushing back her tears for as long as she could. She reached the balcony and leaned against the rail. She was completely oblivious to Laurelin's presence in the dark as she drew in a ragid breath and tears began to stream from her closed eyes. She pressed her fingers to her eyes in an attempt to quell the tears that came from them. She let out a quiet sob. It wasn't fair. It simply wasn't fair! What she wouldn't give to have him back for one more night! She opened her eyes and blinked blearily, staring out at the sky. He was up there... Somewhere, watching her cry over him. "I'm sorry, Joraiem... I'm just not strong enough." She whispered, her voice was carried off in the breeze that blew. "I'll try to be happy... just like you told me... for you."

---

Almarean noticed how she took the lead for a moment as he righted himself. It showed him that she could easily adapt well. He also noted the disgusted look on her face that she tried to hide when he was not perfect. Mental note-No more intentional tripping. Actually, no more tripping. Period. She moved so gracefully, perfectly in step with him. Perhaps it was a sign...or maybe they were both just fabulous dancers. She began speaking and he smiled. She had a lovely voice as well. So soothing to listen to. And her name, it fit her. Maeva...I like it. However, the more she spoke, the more surprised he became. She certainly had a lot on her mind, and she had definitely formulated this in her mind before she had spoken. However, he found her boldness refreshing, even if she did step over a certain line. He was sure he could handle the situation. He also came to the conclusion that after he had answered her numerous questions she would be content and a most enjoyable woman. And he was used to questions. After all, he was a prince. And he did not find it at all strange that she was curious about Laurelin, as most in the room were...But he thought it peculiar that she was so blunt and nosy about it. No matter. He would give her the answers she desired.

"Alright then, My dear Maeva," oh, a term of endearment! And so soon! "First off, you probably should have been threatened. Laurelin is not a barbarian at all, but she does have quite a temper if you harass her. I do not recommend trying to pry information out of her, as she is having a rather rough time right now. I'm sure you understand, as you seem to be a very caring individual." His voice lowered as he bent close to her ear to continue." She is rather exotic isn't she. I would hate to disappoint you, so I shall tell you, and only you, that Laurelin and I were involved romantically several years ago. Since then nothing has happened and we are just friends. I do believe that she can speak elvish, and quite beautifully, really. She is very fluent. Now, I trust you will keep what I have told you to yourself, as you are a lady of nobility and recognize the importance of this. And besides, I'm sure you wouldn't wish to taint those beautiful lips of yours with the stain of gossip." He smiled at her charmingly...yes, that one. The one that is most often swooned over.

"Is your sister here? I should love to meet her, and your entire family for that matter. You might as well know that I am quite taken with you, otherwise I would have simply ignored all of your questions and banished you for insolence..."

A threat, but a flattering one, nonetheless.

--------------------
Estella|Jahtawny

Laurelin
Posted: Dec 28 2007, 08:11 PM

Forever the Witch

Laurelin stared up at the stars, her emotions slowly calming. How did all this come to happen to her? What was it about her that made all men seem to run from her? She supposed she was only good for a fun time, after that and they were ready to actually settle down, they went elsewhere. It wasn't too hard to see why. While she somehow attracted men in droves, none really were interested in her as more than a passing fancy. Because of that fact, it really shouldn't have surprised her that she had developed quite a reputation, one that most women would have been horrified at having. Yet, she herself had never really minded it, until that moment. As memories, both of Almarean and of the few other men she had entrusted her heart to, rose to her mind, she found herself once again blinking back tears. She had suspected that every other man would leave her, would abandon her, would lose their interest. And they had. But Almarean ... he had been her firm support for so many years, even though she had not been with him. She had never doubted his devotion, even though she had suspected he would have moved on. But somehow ... she had always thought he would be there for her, even if he was in love with someone else. They seemed connected somehow, and with every glance he cast at another woman, she could feel that connection breaking. What had she done to make him ignore her!? What had she done that made him not want to even look at her?! Yes, she knew she was not lovely, especially not in the way of elves, but to act as if she were not even in the room ... he had acted the same as all the other elven men in that ballroom. He was no different. She had never seen him act as if she were anything different than an elf, he had never seemed to see or acknowledge her Albae side. That made his seeming betrayal all the more heartbreaking.

Unbidden, the face of the elf that had tormented her rose to her mind, that perfect, flawless face that seemed so ethereal. It served as a reminder of her own imperfections, and without meaning to, Laurelin's hand went to the scar on her face. Shock filtered across her features as she discovered her skin was wet, she had not even been aware of the fact that she was crying.

Frustration filling her, Laurelin leaned over the railing, gripping the edge of it, determined to not cry. She would not cry. She could not cry. However, her tears did not cease and instead only starting falling with a greater rapidity. She bit her lip to silence her sobs, struggling to contain herself. Surely just a man leaving her could not hurt this much! Surely she was overreacting ...

Her thoughts were completely interrupted at the sound of footsteps hurrying to her position. She quickly retreated farther into the shadows, letting the darkness swallow her. She was almost impossible to detect, with her dark clothes, hair, and eyes, the only thing that could have really stood out to the intruder was her skin, but even then she knew how to use the shadows in her favor.

Laurelin watched the figure with curiosity, wondering what any other creature at this gala would need in solitude. Surely she was the only one that was having such a miserable evening .... though she quickly understood the need for aloneness in the figure beside her a moment later, as she caught a glimpse of the girl's face. Wylla. And she was crying. Laurelin was surprised to find herself actually sharing the girl's grief, both were mourning a lover, the person who had meant the whole world to them. Still, she was determined to not disturb her, deciding to try to sneak back inside. Better everyone see her tears than her disturb the woman who's life she had ruined.

Her steps silent, Laurelin turned and started to sneak away, though she paused when Wylla spoke. Slowly she turned, studying her back. Her very posture suggested overwhelming grief. Hardly knowing what was possessing her, Laurelin took a step out of the shadows, her emotions reaching out and begging to be understood.

"It never goes away, does it? The pain, the emptiness, the longing. The wanting to just be in their arms again, when you felt that you had no worries and no cares. They always ask us to be happy, they always expect us to move on. And we want to, for them. But what neither of us can realize is that it is impossible. It never gets better, it never gets easier. All that is left is the aching longing."

Slowly, hesitantly, she took another step toward Wylla, the light hitting the wet streaks on her cheeks. "I truly am sorry for your loss ... you have always deserved so much better." The whole time she spoke, her voice never rose above a whisper, a whisper that clearly communicated her own sorrow to the woman in front of her.

Maeva watched the man that was so effortlessly gliding her around the floor as he formulated his answer. He was handsome, she could not deny it. It was not difficult to see what Journey found attractive in him. His features were incredibly pleasant, almost too much so. Should it not have been illegal for such looks to have born to a man? For all her insistence of what she wanted in the physical realm of her husband, she was finding it difficult to ignore the attributes that the man in front of her held, although they did not match exactly. Though, there really was no point in continuing that train of thought. Her curiosities were far from satisfied, making her not able to focus on anything but them for very long. She was also quite aware of the fact that this was nothing more than a dance. He cared nothing more for her than he did for any other woman in the room, to think otherwise would have been foolish.

His calling her dear was missed completely by her, so eager was she to hear his words. The suspense of whether or not he would answer her questions made her most eager, and completely excited. Although her steps in the dance never faltered, her eyes lit up, making her look completely alive and for all the world like a young girl.

The warning about Laurelin's temper did nothing to staunch her enthusiasm, rather the words referring to her having a rough time made her even more enthusiastic. Oh, but what other cause would the Albae girl have to have difficulty unless something of a scandalous nature had happened? His flowery compliments about her caring were completely missed, her mind had momentarily ran off in the general direction of how she could twist his reference to the alb's current difficulties to make something interesting. However, he regained her attention as he moved his mouth closer to her ear. Out of instinct, she inclined her head toward him, giving him better access to her ear. Her heart started to beat faster, but not because of his nearness, rather because his lowering tone promised the revelation of some delicious fact. And indeed, it was delicious. His admittance to the alb's exoticness made Maeva smirk lightly, oh, but he was giving her wonderful information, none of which she would have to add or detract from in order to make it gossip worthy! However, the information he was giving her only got better, a romantic involvement eh? Oh, the fun! The scandal! How perfectly marvelous! All the better, since she now had information that would made the prying of the Alb all the easier. She knew, no matter what the Prince said, that Laurelin was far from thinking of him just as a friend. It was evidenced in the girl's every moment, whether he could see it or not. Oh, but now she had the perfect information with which to get a reaction out of her. If she saw that the object of her fascination had told all, perhaps she would not hesitate to do the same.

The information about her being able to speak elvish was really of very little consequence, so Maeva disregarded it. The rest of his words had just about an equal impact, she had no intention of minding them. And his smile did nothing to make her swoon in the least, though she did feel her mind momentarily distracted. However, his next words once again pulled her back, making her smile, though she determined to address his comment about her gossip first, especially as his comment about wanting to meet her family, as well as what he thought of her caught her off guard. He meant for this relationship to continue? Normally quick on her feet, Maeva needed a moment to formulate a reply, his words completely and totally shocking her. When she finally did speak, her voice was calm and controlled, showing none of her surprise.

"I should warn you right now that I am not above sharing information, nor twisting it in order to make it appear incriminating, therefore I can promise you nothing in the realm of what will pass my lips and what will not. As for my family, they are all here, and I am sure they would all love to meet you as well. However, I do fail to see what exactly there is about me that has you so fascinated. After all, you have your alb readily available, do you not? And surely she is good for some fun, what, with her being so exotic, as well as being so taken with you. It does not take a person with much intelligence to see it. Why, I am rather certain she would even gladly give you an heir ... if she hasn't already."

--------------------
Wylla
Posted: Dec 30 2007, 12:07 AM

Wylla took a deep, shaky breath, hoping that it would serve to calm her down. She closed her eyes.
Ok, girl. Just.... breathe. You can do this. Be strong...go back in there and have a good time. She was still leaning over the bannister of the balcony when she heard a voice. An eerily familiar voice. She righted herself and gripped the rail. Laurelin... But she didn't mock her. She didn't sneer. This surprised Wylla just a bit, and also through her off guard. She had never known Laurelin to be anything but rather cruel to her... now the poor girl sounded distraught. She listened to Laurelin as she spoke, straining to hear her whisper.

"No...they don't leave, do they." It was not a question...more of a statement. She turned and looked at the stricken alb now in front of her. Wylla studied her eyes, saw the tears running down her cheeks. She knew that tonight was going to be hard for Laurelin, but she had no idea that it would push the poor girl to tears. She knew that Almarean had looked or her, but perhaps Laurelin was not aware of that fact. Her voice carried the message that she had been betrayed. That Almarean might as well be dead to her...or perhaps she was talking about someone else. Damian, perhaps? He was dead, wasn't he? "Time heals all wounds, I suppose, though. The pain lessens as realization sets in. We can never have them back, so we must go on with our lives. But forgetting them is out of the question, isn't it. Forgetting the feeling of their arms around you. The feeling of being safe. It's gone now, but the memory is still there. Relentlessly tormenting the mind...I understand what you feel." She gave a half hearted smile. "Do not apologize, for nothing can be done. I understand you sympathize, but in reality it is a truly empty apology. And do not apologize for Damian, that scoundrel was worthless anyway....as for what I deserve, I've heard it said that we only deserve the love that we believe we deserve." She shrugged and wiped her eyes. She took a step to Laurelin as well, further shrinking the space between them.

"I know how hard tonight must be for you. Watching Almarean have to dance with so many other women. You may not know this, but he has looked for you tonight. I hope that is some sort of consolation." He voice was slowly losing its shakiness as she kept talking. She was regaining her composure at last. "As a heartbroken woman, I can see yours too very easily. I'm afraid I'm not the only one... Your love for him is apparent, to me at least. Just...be careful. Despite Almarean's efforts, your welcome here is....sketchy, to say the least." She gave another half hearted smile. "You know, maybe we can forget the past now. It's done, it's over...I would like to get along. Just don't try to kill me. Deal?" It was an attempt at humor, and possibly not successful, but it was an attempt, no less. She held out her hand. "Come back inside with me. I'll be nice and I don't bite. I promise."

--

Almarean had caught her off guard with his comment. It was clear that she had needed a moment to regain her thoughts. But he was not entirely pleased with what came out of her mouth. He had trusted this beautiful women with information that could be his downfall, asked her not to say anything of it, and here she was telling him that she was not above spreading it around and completely twisting his words to incriminate him further. Perhaps he should not place so much importance on the physical aspect of a person. This woman seemed rather cruel, if she would do something so sinister....he could always banish her. That was easily done. And he had his own ways of keeping women silent. The mouth is an interesting thing, after all, and though her voice showed none of her surprise, her eyes did.

If her comments about Laurelin infuriated him, and they did, he did not show it, but he made sure that he would address it. This was beginning to be ridiculous. Perhaps she had a sister of equal beauty and better character. Now that would be a miracle. But maybe she wasn't so terrible after all. All he had to do was get to know her and convince her not to say anything. He wasn't going to give up on her so easily yet.

"Your eagerness to spread what I have told you to incriminate your prince disappoints me a great deal, I must admit. Surely I thought you would be more understanding, since you are a lady of nobility. I suppose I was wrong in trusting you as a lady of diplomacy who knew better than to do such things. As for my fascination, surely you are not so naive as to think that you are not very attractive. And I have heard of your parents. They have met with my own on more than one occasion. And you should know that you are far more beautiful than Laurelin, and personally, I do not appreciate you associating her as my call girl. She will not give me an heir, nor has she done so already. I stated before that we are no longer together and she is leaving tomorrow. Please do not harass the poor girl any further. She is only a child compared to us."

--------------------
Estella|Jahtawny

Laurelin
Posted: Jan 3 2008, 08:54 PM

Forever the Witch

Laurelin had not expected Wylla's surprise as she spoke to her, then again, she herself would have been startled if she was not as trained as she was. As she had been trained, it was hard for anyone to sneak up on her, unless their training had been the same as hers. With Wylla having no official instruction, at least not in the way that Laurelin had, it would have been understandably difficult for her to realize that Laurelin was behind her. All the same, it was more in Wylla's posture that caused her to recognize the surprise, and the fear. Did this woman in front of her fear her? What had she done to cause her to know that emotion, other than steal her boyfriend right out from under her nose. Yes, perhaps that was enough. However, Laurelin had never conspired to steal said man, nor had she ever wanted to. Damian had made his own choice, against her will, as it were. She had told the man to not do it, to not hurt Wylla. Evidentially her wishes were not worthy to be obeyed, as she soon saw over and over. However, then was not the time to throw herself into regret, especially not over Damian. He had been dead for two years and she no longer felt anything for him but hatred. He deserved to have been killed by the guild, she did not mourn him.

Laurelin's eyes met Wylla's evenly, but without a challenge as she turned and spoke to her, the words, the feelings that were so similar to what she was feeling were slightly soothing. She wasn't alone. There was another that understood how to felt to so completely long for the man that was lost from you. She had never had that comfort before, had never known that her emotions were not unique, no other had ever admitted to them. She had suspected they were not, but there was something, almost relieving, in the fact that another was saying that they felt the same way.

As Wylla stepped toward her, it was almost all Laurelin could do to not take a step back. She suddenly realized how pathetic she had to look to this elf, her cheeks stained with tears and her pain open in her eyes. She almost regretted that she had not just slipped away, instead she had opened conversation, letting the elf see practically everything inside her. And while that made her feel vulnerable, and she did somewhat wish she had done otherwise, she was slightly glad that she had not. There had been someone with the same pain she had right near her, and she had grasped onto that fact, practically pleading for an understanding ear. Even though she had broken Almarean's heart before, he didn't even seem to understand, instead he seemed to expect her to be normal, to be completely fine with the way things were between them. Just because he was, did not mean she was. In fact, she was far from it. She could not see him without longing for him to hold her, to just kiss her with wild abandon and unbridled longing. She wanted to be longed for by him, yet she knew that after three years she no longer held that position for him. And there was nothing at all that she could do to fix it.

As Wylla finished speaking, her vain attempt at lightening the situation did not pass unnoticed. Laurelin managed a small smile and took Wylla's hand in acceptance, squeezing it for a moment before she released it. "I knew my apology was empty, but I wanted you to know you had my sympathy the moment Almarean told me of your loss. And it was not Damian I spoke of, it was your husband, although I do regret him ever leaving you. It was not my intention and was against my will that he did so." A soft smile of regret passed across her features before disappearing. "I suppose it is better not bring him up at all though, the rat deserves his grave, and the past is better left there."

Laurelin's gaze went to the doors, staring at them almost in a way that was unseeing. "Thank you .... for understanding about Almarean. I admit I have not seen him look for me, in fact he ignored me while I was standing beside the woman he is currently dancing with. All the same, I believe you are right and that his heart is in the right place." She was silent for a long moment, then turned back to Wylla, her eyes clear as she brushed her cheeks to get rid of the marks left by her tears. "I promise that your life is not in any danger, I have nothing to gain by killing you, nor anyone else. As you said, my welcome is precarious. But come then, let us go back inside. Perhaps we will find you an eligible bachelor." Her tone was noticeably teasing and light, she was very certain that there was no way that Wylla would look at any man, at least seriously, for quite some time.

She had seen how disturbed the elf was when she had interrupted her moment of solitude, how she had struggled to maintain normalcy and politeness. She was obviously not comfortable, not that Laurelin was especially comfortable either. But, with how long the two girls had known each other without actually knowing each other, surely they would find something to discuss that would keep away from more ... uncertain topics.

By the time Almarean had finished speaking, Maeva had completely regained her composure, the lack thereof having been what had caused her previous words to not be so flowery and smooth, instead revealing more than they should have. She probably would have revealed her intentions anyway, although much more subtly. As it was, she was not completely cruel, and while an incriminating word or two might have passed her lips, it would never be used in such a way that it was open information. No, for as cruel as she seemed to others, she was not completely so, especially toward her sister. And she had a very good angle that she was about to work. She had her information, he would have what he wanted, and if all went according to plan, Journey would get something she liked as well.

"Disappointment, my Prince? Why, quite frankly, I said nothing about keeping my lips closed about anything that came from your gracious and masculine lips. However, as I am not all bad, I could be persuaded to do otherwise than reveal all that I know, in fact, I could be persuaded to not reveal any of it." Her words had been a low whisper and she paused for affect, wanting to catch his interest. To ensure that she completely had it, she changed the topic to the rest of his words, her voice lilting up to become her normal speaking volume. "Yes, I believe our parents have met, making it strange that we have not had the same opportunity. I am most sorrowful that our meeting has not chanced before now. However, it is not strange that we have not met before, as I and my sister often stay close to our home and are usually not at all sociable. If your intentions toward me are as firm as they seem though, I rather suspect I will have to change that." She looked up at him, her entire expression absolutely coy. Being married to the Prince, no, she would not mind that all, although it had hardly entered her mind before he had asked her to dance with him. Every other girl in the kingdom dreamed of it, she, for all her beauty, had not dared to think that she, of all the elven girls of nobility, would be the one to catch his eye.

A soft laugh escaped her lips, her head tilting to the side slightly as she met his gaze. "No indeed, you have caught me. I am not naive, no matter how much or little I may try to appear it. Still, such high words of praise concerning my beauty catch me unguarded, my Prince. Especially when you say I am more beautiful than the Albae girl, as I did find her most exotic and exquisite. Far unlike any of the women here." She did not comment on the Prince's other words concerning Laurelin, as she did not see the purpose. Maeva had no intentions of apologizing, and needless comments were just that. Needless.

--------------------
Wylla
Posted: Feb 24 2008, 04:23 AM

Wylla laughed despite herself at the thought of an eligible bachelor. Especially at finding one in the room on the other side of those doors. The chances of that were highly unlikely. She was one of the few half breeds at the party, and many of the other elves wouldn't dare to destroy their pure breeding bloodline by falling in love with a half-breed. Albs were not always the only ones who were ostracized from the elven race. "An eligible bachelor? In there?" She wiped at her eyes, removing the moisture that stained her own cheeks. She looked like an absolutely beautiful disaster, but soon she just looked beautiful once more, putting on the fake smile she wore so well that matched her visage.

"I highly doubt that happening, but a suitable dance partner I might be able to manage. Maybe even one for you." She laughed again, a soft melody floating gently on the slightly chilled breeze. She then became serious. "You know, Laurelin, not everyone in there hates you. And I'm not talking about Almarean. There are those who are willing to look past the Albae blood that flows through you're veins. You do not come off as vicious or anything. Many have more questions than disdain for you."

She looked at Laurelin sympathetically for a moment. "I can imagine how hard it is. Just know that I understand... To an extent I suppose. It's nice you know. To have someone who knows what you're going through. Perhaps something good will come of this after all. Perhaps we can become friends." Wylla smiled. A real smile, one filled with warmth, yet her eyes clearly displayed the need she had for someone to empathize with. The need for someone to get what she was going through as well. So many always said, "it's over. You must move on now." But she wasn't ready. She wanted someone to share her grief and her sorrow. She had finally found someone she could, and in that, the sorrow slowly started to ebb away.

"Come on, let's get back in there before they start looking for us. Such beautiful women as ourselves missing will not go unnoticed for long." She wiped away the last of her tears and the brave face returned. The one that helped her get through her life. She took a deep breath and pushed the door opened that would return them back to the ball.

-----

The song was nearly at an end. It had been rather long, and Almarean recognized the last few measures as ending ones. He caught the eye of the conductor and made a "play it again" motion behind Maeva's back. The song struck anew and Almarean smiled, quite please with the power he possessed. She was coy, which was something he found attractive. Oh so she could be convinced could she? He was about to ask when she abruptly changed the subject. Oh yes, she was good and she knew it. This was turning out to be a most interesting night.

"Yes, I believe us never seeing is something that must be remedied. And quickly. I do not know how long I can go without seeing you now that we have met. Your beauty may just turn out to be the thing that sustains me now. Perhaps I can no longer live without it." He teased her. "I can't imagine a girl such as you being nonsocial. You don't seem to be so now." He smiled charmingly at her once again. A smile that had turned much stronger women than her into complete mush. If she was not yet taken with him, a smile such as that normally had that effect.

"It is true that Laurelin is exotic and beautiful, but I find my taste is more in a... traditional elven beauty. One that resembles your own beauty greatly. Precisely, in fact. Now, back to more... serious matters." he bent closer to her ear, drawing their bodies closer together. "How is it that you can be persuaded to keep those full seductive lips of yours closed?"

--------------------
Estella|Jahtawny

Laurelin
Posted: Feb 24 2008, 06:32 PM

Forever the Witch

[[This might stink ... be warned!]]

How was it that she was standing there, in the middle of the elvish lands, actually smiling at a woman she thought would strangle her at first glimpse? She held no anger at Wylla, but the surreality of the circumstances suddenly hit her. That Wylla evidentially held no ill will against her was a miracle, one she had not expected. Whether or not it was a gift was yet to be decided by her overly cautious and distrustful mind, however that was beside the point. They were standing with each other, once enemies, in their own minds if in no other, and they were actually talking about finding men with which to dance! The oddness was beyond incomprehensible, yet Laurelin did not hint at it at all, instead falling back on her training and appearing to be completely at ease. What the other elves would think of her association and apparent friendship with Wylla was beyond her guess, however it was a thought that did not worry her overly. She was already far from well received, she surely could handle causing a little more of a shock and a ruckus. And the look on Almarean's face might very well prove rewarding, if he should even happen to look at her.

Laurelin did not look at Wylla as she finished speaking and then opened the doors, acting for all the world as if she were preparing herself for what awaited her. Laurelin felt much the same way, although why she was not quite certain of. The night was far too odd for her to be able to ponder anything in any way, she felt completely exhausted and drained. Oh, how good her bed sounded! Though, she knew it wasn't really her bed ... all the same, the bed Almarean had her sleep in was comfortable, and it sounded like a blessed relief to her weary mind. Knowing that she was required to stay at the dance for a little while longer in the least however, she pushed such thoughts from her mind. Why she was following the typical rules of society at this time she could not imagine, she had never bothered to before. Perhaps she just hoped to please Almarean with doing so ... though she would never have admitted that was a motive.

Walking through the doors with Wylla, she managed a small laugh, which promptly caught the attention of a male elf standing nearby, though she did not see it. "I sincerely doubt that you will be able to find any sort of dance partner for me ... they are all petrified, no matter what you say. I am quite vicious, and I fully deserve their disdain. You are far more deserving of a dance partner in any event, you can at least hold the hope of a more permanent relationship with the man, no matter what you say about there being no eligible bachelors."

She chose not to comment on Wylla's comments about understanding and friendship, at that moment she found such remarks truly alarming. She had had about all she could handle of friendship from Almarean, not to mention the fact that she was not even sure if she was interested in creating any more relationships with anyone in these lands ... she did not want to ever return again, that much she had decided. No matter how good an agent she was for the guild, surely they could find another. And as much pain as Albaeir held for her, Fynrir was proving to be even more deadly to her heart. No, such a friendship would not work out, and she had no reason to assure Wylla that it would.

The wondering if this was even her struck her, surprise lighting in her eyes for a brief moment before it disappeared. So easily did she push away her emotions, did she change the setting and the conversation to one of politeness and the coyness expected in this realm of society. The change had taken place without her noticing, and she had barely been aware of it. Had Wylla noticed? Had the change from highly emotional conversation to basically what was considered polite caught or escaped her attention? Laurelin could not help but wonder, but such wonderings were interrupted by the approaching of the elf that had heard her laugh, as well as one that looked to be a relative, both with long blonde hair that was half braided behind them, they crystal blue eyes sparkling with mirth and yet seriousness. [[LEGOLAS]]

Both elves bowed low to the two women. The one that had been watching Laurelin did not speak, but his brother, Deaglan, turned his attention to Wylla. "Lady Someris, is it not? I unfortunately cannot remember if that is your maiden name or your husband's name, as I was not acquainted with him and I have never met you before now. All the same, I hope you will excuse my impropriety of introducing myself. I wished to offer my sorrow at the word of the passing of your husband, I am sure it is a great sorrow for you. Also in my desire was the wish to not only introduce myself, but to offer you my service, my name is Deaglan Innis. And, in the so offering of my service to you, I am most hopeful of you honoring me with a dance, though if you chose to decline I would not spite you ... I am most understanding of that if it is your wish."

Maeva was well aware of the fact that the song had been supposed to end, though she made no mention of it. From the expressions of the other dancers, they seemed oblivious, but this happened to be her favorite song to dance to, therefore she knew it extremely well. She and Journey had danced to it endlessly for years ... it was one of their entertainments in the evenings, whenever Journey was not painting anyway. She briefly wondered if her sister had yet found inspiration in their surroundings, she had never painted a dance before, and she imagined the atmosphere might be drawing to her artistic sister.

Distracted from her thoughts, Maeva looked up at Almarean through her lashes, flirting without restraint now. She never would have guessed that she would be able to wrap the Prince around her finger, and she wanted to see how far she could wrap him indeed. Nothing was off limits in her mind, using either her body or her tone was perfectly acceptable. Still, as tempted as she was to tease him back, especially at his words about being unable to live without her beauty, she strangely forced herself to remain silent while he finished speaking. Their bodies touching sent no thrill through her like she would have expected, almost hoped ... for all her manipulations, the fact openly remained that she did not really care for this man at all, and as attractive as he was, she found no desire to explore more of his form. His smile had certainly been attractive, but it did not cause her to melt, as she was certain had been his intention.

Quickly, she pushed such thoughts from her mind, letting him continue to draw her body closer as he whispered in her ear, his breath moving her stray strands of hair. Feeling not at all uncomfortable, Maeva leaned closer to him also as she prepared to reply, her body now constantly touching his as they danced, her mouth moving closer to his own ear. In fact, she moved a little too close, purposefully, as it were. Her lips brushed the skin of his ear as she spoke, her hair brushing against his cheek.

"How can I be persuaded? I find it surprising that you have asked, as your flattery is stunning. It could almost be interpreted as your attempt to win me into keeping my silence. Surely I do not represent the beauty of the ideal elf, there must be others more suited to that." A soft laugh escaped her lips as she actually moved even closer to him. "However, I shall be kind and not argue with you further on the subject, I do so want to be gracious. Arguing with those in high society such as you is a horrid faux pas, if I am correct." She paused, merely for affect. "If you can be persuaded to live without me for a dance, I could be ... persuaded to keep my lips" at that word, she brushed them a little more firmly over his ear, fully playing now "closed quite tightly about all that you have told me. However, for that dance you must not be idle, surely that would ruin all appearances, no? If you accept, could you be ... persuaded to dance with my sister? For two dances ... as you have done with me."

--------------------
Wylla
Posted: Mar 2 2008, 07:15 PM

((Oh please. It was fabulous Laura. All your posts are. I have accepted that fact that I will never be able to write as well as you. *tears*))

Wylla simply laughed off Laurelin's comments, wondering if the woman was completely unaware of the fact that, to their partner's disdain, many men had been sneaking glances at her and it would not be so hard to find her a dance partner as she had thought. "I do believe you may be surprised, Laurelin, but we shall see who is right by the end of the night, should you decide to stay. Almarean did mention that you are leaving tomorrow morning, did he not?" She smiled in a girlish way that betrayed her young age, despite her womanly appearance. Nowadays, she did look years older than her age. Grief had begun to ravage her of her youth already, but it was slowly returning with every day, every smile that was able to capture her lips again, she was once again becoming the vibrant young woman she had once been before her heart had been destroyed, put back together, only to be broken again. But it was mending, and she had to admit that she was now having fun with her new, though unorthodox, companion. Their banter amused her and she thought the night may begin to take a turn for the better. After all, two women who looked as they did should never have a horrid time at a social event. It simply wasn't natural. It was clear they surpassed the vast majority of the women there in their looks.

Ironically, Wylla did not notice the change in Laurelin, despite all her thoughts. It did not strike her as odd that they would turn to a lighter topic of conversation. Something more comfortable. It was natural, especially on such a night that they should be enjoying themselves. Wylla laughed and nudged Laurelin. "Look! He's staring at you, and it is not hate that I see in his eyes." She nodded her head at an elf across the room. He looked to be in his mid-twenties and had dark curly hair of a medium length. He was quite attractive, or at least, Wylla thought so. His light blue eyes flicked her way and he quickly looked away, embarrassed that he had been caught staring at the "forbidden" woman standing next to Wylla and that she was pointing it out to said "forbidden" woman. "See? The fickleness of men proves it's validity again. They are weak, Laurelin, and though you are a master of seduction, I do not believe you know how to get what you truly want out of them. You should study the human women. They have found how to get exactly what they want out of their short lives, manipulating men, turning them into drooling dogs in their wake, making them want everything they cannot have. They do not fall in love so quickly, as they do not have the same connections to the deeper spirits as we do, being members of the chosen race of the goddesses, but all the same they normally end up happy in the end. It is a strange existence, that of mortals..." She looked at Laurelin. "I'm sorry, I do not mean to preach to you. I'm sure you know what you are doing." Thought despite her apology, it was clear that Wylla had meant to say the words of wisdom that seemed rather far from her years.

Wylla opened her mouth to speak yet again, but was interrupted when approached by what she considered to be a gorgeous man and what seemed to be a relative. She curtseyed to the elf that had bowed to her, as was custom and showed respect. "Yes, my lord. I am Wylla Someris, and it is my maiden name. My married name was Andira, but please. Let us not concern ourselves much with the minor details of the past. I thank you for your sorrow and accept it with much appreciation. Joraiem is dearly missed. I shall look over your forwardness, Sir Innis. It is my pleasure to meet you." She curtseyed again and looked up at him with her big blue eyes. "I would be most willing to share a dance with you so that you may inform me further of your proposition, but on two conditions. I do hope you will not take it disrespectfully and please, know that I do not wish to spite you in the least, but I would like to know what kind of services you are willing to offer me, and secondly," Wylla smiled demurely, "You must find a dance partner for my friend Laurelin as well. It would be most rude of me to leave her all alone, now wouldn't it? I simply couldn't bring myself to do it. Perhaps the man I am assuming to be a relative since the two of you resemble each other greatly." Wylla flashed a glance at Laurelin, wishing to gauge her reaction to the situation she was easily setting up.

----

Almarean felt himself tense a bit as Maeva's body was brought closer to his own. Yes, she knew exactly what she was doing, and he could certainly admire that in a woman. She was beautiful and was saying all the right things, yet he still felt something was missing. She did not seem to be so smitten with him as he was with her, something, he could not deny, he was not used to happening. Women always fawned all over him. She was different, and it only made him want her to like him more. On the contrary to her feelings, every time their bodies touched he felt as if he were being shocked. He seemed to be aware of it every time it happened. As he looked down on her he found himself finding her more beautiful.

Something strange happened, he began to feel a bit nervous in the presence of this woman. She knew the game, played it well. He had met few who rivaled her. She brought her mouth to his ear and spoke. He knew how inappropriate their dancing must have looked, especially considering how close they were to each other. A dance away from her? Yes. It would probably be for the best. Her lips touched him and he was struck with the desire to pull her into his arms and kiss the lips that were so tantalizing him. What was it about her that made him feel like this? He did not know, and he found it unsettling. Yet he found that he liked it. She was so mysterious and it kept him guessing.

"I am sure that I can be persuaded to dance with your sister, especially if she is half as beautiful as you, and I'm sure she is, because she is related to you. Two dances would be perfect, however, as I have never met your sister, you shall have to take me to her, and I'm sure you are aware that I shall be happy to escort you on our way. And in return you must not tell a soul what I have spoken to you tonight. That would be treasonous."

A word to the wise, never cross a prince. Especially a prince such as Almarean.

--------------------
Estella|Jahtawny

Laurelin
Posted: Mar 6 2008, 12:57 AM

Forever the Witch

[[Same thing I said to Tilly, if you read it. I ish sick, which shall result in less than spectacular results in this post ...
And really, you are crazy! You are an incredible writer, stop it! *hits* I am in no way better at it than you!
Btw, I noticed that Rylan was getting busssyyyyy laugh.gif]]

Shock flitted openly across Laurelin's face as Wylla mentioned that Almarean had told her she was leaving the next morning. How had he known?! She had said no word to him about it, had given no hints, had not mentioned it in any way. She had not wanted him to know, thinking it would easier to just slip out unnoticed. How had he ... was it that he truly knew her so well that he was able to simply tell? If so, then why, oh why! did he have to be so adamant that there was no way that they could belong together. If he was so able to read her, how had he come to that conclusion? Finding it all to be too much for her to be able to digest, she turned her mind from it, though she vowed to question him later. In pushing the questions from her mind, her face cleared, though she made no attempt to answer Wylla. Simply put, she did not know how to respond. And really, the question could have been easily interpreted as just rhetorical.

"Yes, we shall see who is right. And the fact that just he is staring at me does not necessarily mean he is interested. He could very well just be curious." Her eyes flickered teasingly with a challenge, she was quite determined that no man would be interested in her all night, to think otherwise would ruin the stereotype she had set up for herself about elves ... at least when they knew she was Albae. It was easier when she could at least pretend that they all hated her, it took out the uncertainty of how to act around them. It also made it easier for her to cling to her feelings that she held for Almarean, although she no longer thought him incredibly different from all the other elves. Yes, he was kinder, more understanding, gentle, charming, oh the list could go on for the entirety of his everlasting life and she would not be finished! Still, the fact remained that not even he could love her, not in the way that she longed. In that respect, he was just like Damian, or Gaara, or any of the other men that had trampled upon her affections. She loved him above all else, but she could not deny the fact that he had proven himself to be no different than she had expected. And she was bound and determined to keep all elvish men in that mold. It would help protect her feelings, help her from becoming too attached to an elvish male again. They could not put up her with Albae personality, not for long anyway, even if they had first found it all drawing and fascinating and mysterious. No, they could not put up with her for long.

"And what do I want out of them, Wylla? Your words are not taken as preaching, I understand them, as well as their meaning. But who can say what I truly want out of a man? Do I know what I am doing? Yes, if it involves getting a man for a night. It is the getting him for longer than that which is proving to be the problem." A soft laugh escaped her, though it was not filled with mirth. "Yes, perhaps I know too well what I am doing ..." Her statements were obviously not meant to have an answer, for at that moment the two elvish gentlemen approached them. It was not a detail Laurelin rued, for she did not especially want Wylla commenting on her words. They should not have been spoken, seldom did she bare the bitterness that actually festered in her heart. Seldom did she reveal it even to herself.

Laurelin watched with interest as the elf and Wylla interacted, finding their exchange fascinating. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed the other elf that had approached eying her with interest, but she chose to ignore him.

Deaglan smiled warmly at Wylla while she spoke, the look in his eyes one of nothing but kindness and gentleness, as well as understanding. "Forgive me for not knowing your married name, Lady Andira. There are so many elves, and as I had not yet met you in person, it was difficult to keep an accounting in my mind of who exactly you were. I beg your pardon for my oversight, as well as my mistake. I can only hope that the same kindness that overlooked my forwardness will do the same in this instance." He again smiled at her, and then turned slightly, opening his brother and Laurelin into the conversation. "Your latter assumption is correct, and your latter concern is of much merit, my lady. This is my brother, Niall," at this, the other elf bowed to Wylla, as was proper "and he accompanied me for the express reason of entertaining your companion, in the case that I was lucky enough to indeed secure your agreement to a dance." Laurelin quirked a delicate eyebrow, but she said nothing, nor showed any outer signs of her thoughts. Deaglan continued with another smile, his attention again focusing on Wylla. "Lady Andira, my services are any of those that you might require. As a first of them, I had wished to dance with you, although I would greatly appreciate if you would do me the honor of extending them beyond this evening. A lady such as yourself should not be alone, nor be dependent on yourself alone. I offer your humbly my company and my companionship, whenever you might need it. Whether that be for a dance, or simply a man to escort you as so that you do not travel alone in our fair city."

Was that tension she detected in the prince's stance? She would not have thought him capable of it. His dancing did not falter, nor did he seem to be obviously stiff, but she felt the change in his muscles and in the way he moved, the way he held her. Was she frightening him? Surely not. He had nothing to fear from her ... he should have been more afraid of the Albae wrench who vied for his attentions. She was much more apt to do something of harm to him, as far as Maeva could decipher of the girl.

Perhaps it was being cruel, but at the confession of the fact that the Prince and the Alb had been involved, any high standing the girl had held had plummeted ... not that Laurelin had had any to begin with in her eyes. Rumors were told of the horrid women of the Albae race, how they gave away their bodies freely and were known to cavort around in a most unseemly manner. She found it all horridly disgusting. Normally, the scandal of it might have thrilled her, but in the case of their enemies she found she had no desire to be excited by their actions. They repulsed her completely. And perhaps, although she might not have even admitted it to her own mind, her opinion of the Prince went down slightly, he no longer seemed as close to a god as many thought he was. He had never seemed like that to her anyway, but now he was even lower in her esteem because of his involvement with such a person. Especially since the involvement had been at one time romantic.

Maeva knew that she was standing too close to Almarean, but she made no effort to move. She was enjoying the part she was playing far too much, it was made all the better by the fact that he had practically handed it to her on a silver platter. Telling her how lovely he found her, how enraptured he was with her. A moment of horror found itself into her mind, the thought that she might not actually have a choice in all of this sending a shiver of terror down her spine. If he chose her as his bride, did she have any say in the matter?! But his nose was wrong! She suddenly realized what a dangerous game she was playing ... yes, it would be quite prudent to dump him on her sister. Journey would be more than willing to take his affections, she had only wanted them since she was fifteen.

"She is half as beautiful as I, my lord, perhaps even more so. I will be more than glad to take you to her, I am sure she would be at least slightly willing to honor you with a dance. And I promise she will not be as inquisitive as I, nor will she prompt you to give out any of the information that I have been so graciously given. She will prove to be a much safer dance partner, I think. As for you escorting me ... I expected nothing less." Maeva consciously moved her lips over his ear again, then slowly moved her head back, shifting into a more proper dancing position, one that was only slightly closer to him than she had been when she first stepped into his arms. "Not a word shall leave my lips, my lord. There will be no need to fear scandal."

--------------------
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Topic OptionsPages: (10) « First ... 8 9 [10] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1840 seconds · Archive