zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Fvza Rpg. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (9) « First ... 6 7 [8] 9  ( Go to first unread post )

Seattle, Washington, Operation Vanity Yardsale
Rhodes
Posted: Jan 25 2007, 12:29 PM

MSI-Level 1 (Military Sniper Intelligence)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 41

{OOC: How many Vamps DO we have on the rooftops? I feel like its just Judder and myself all alone out here !?!?!?!?}

Rhodes noticed by the ground activity, the agents were strategizing and trying to get out of their stick predicament.

Time for some mind games. thought Rhodes as he slung his rifle on his back and pulled out a twin pair of .45's.

Moving silently, undetected amongst the rooftop shadows, he repositioned himself to get a better view of the bulk of the ground forces. He saw the fire was attracting more and more undead, which helped him with his job.

Rhodes began popping up on the rooftop firing rounds intermittently at the agents. He wasn't trying to kill persay, just distract, wound, and immobilize as many as possible. He would fire, then move with vampiric speed, firing as he ran. Every so often Rhodes would aim at an agents legs, trying to put a bullet in the shin or thigh. Leaping between buildings like a cat, the shadowy vampire was putting some distance between him and the majority of 'players' on the ground. He wanted to find a small group or force of bloodsuckers to get further orders.

--------------------
*exhale of smoke*...so you think you have a price.
user posted image
Maelstrom
Posted: Jan 25 2007, 02:13 PM

Hunter

Group: FVZA Agents
Member No.: 60

A round ricocheted off the ground and kicked up a small tuft of snow. Not a moment later, a nearby agent yelped and grasped his leg, a fountain of blood spouting from a new wound. The assault agent set down his charge behind solid cover and handed the man his submachinegun.

"I'll be right back, sir!" he told the man, before turning and dashing toward the wounded.

This was almost certainly suicide, he knew. But he also knew that if they took too many casualties and got bogged down now, it would be a massacre. True, more agents were imbound, but who knows what their ETA was? The long range radio was in the truck, and THAT had become a burning wreck.

Hoisting, the wounded man onto his shoulder, he began running back to cover. This is not the way to go. We cannot get stuck here. He thought to himself. Again.

"Okay, we gotta move! Everybody grab someone who can't walk and let's go! Get them to the vehicles, pad up the walls with the vests and start movin'! We stay here and we're all zombie fodder, got it!"

He followed his own advice and tossed his man into the back of one of the remaining vans. Binding the man's leg hastily, he comforted the agent and told him he'd be all right. Now all they had to do was keep the van rolling and hide behind it from sniper fire. Jesus, where's the main strike force?

"HEY! Anybody got a long range radio that works!?"

--------------------
"Evil triumphs when good men do nothing."-Edmund Burke
user posted image
Rhodes
Posted: Jan 26 2007, 01:28 PM

Rhodes continued the guerrila tactics up for another clip in his .45's. He paused only a moment to reload both pistols. He peeked over the lip of the roof and mentally made some details out of the ground force, zombie count, locations, buring wrecks, etc.

As he leaned against the brick low roof wall, he felt something hard, poking against his back. Leaning forward, he tucked one of his .45's under his arm and reached inside his coats.

"What the..? OH, now I remember. Just for a rainy day I tossed this lil baby in there," smiled the vamp, pulling out a cylindrical device the size of two soda cans.

Rhodes holstered his offhand .45 and inspected the slightly higher constructed pipebomb. It had a PVC outer sleeve which he removed and set aside. The large section of pipe had several nails and ballbearings fixed to the outter shell. Upon detonation, the resulting shrapnel had a highly devastating effect. On one end was a small black plastic box with several wires and a single switch. Rhodes dug thru his pockets and pulled out a remote trigger to the explosive.

"Now. Just have to find a place to drop this baby and give them fleshies a real party," thought the vamp as glanced over the rim of the roof.

He didnt see any reinforcements arriving. Rhodes moved swiftly to a flanking position on the main body of agents. He scanned the area and calculated doing the most damage with his incindiary package. The vamp thought about taking out the few remaining vehicles, but decided that would be less effective as they would spread out or concentrate on a building. With him pretty much alone, that wouldn't work out best. Instead, Rhodes spotted a group of shamblers moving towards the agents. A small group of 5 or 6 were shuffling past the burning wrecks. Rhodes grinned wickedly thinking of vietnamese tactics used back in the day.

He checked quickly around the area, flipped the switch on the bomb, stood and slung the bomb right at the pack of zombies. Rhodes ducked and watched as his projectile soared thru the air and struck a zombie in the shoulder. The slightly spiky object stuck, for about 20 seconds, in the rotters flesh, then dropped to the ground.

"Damn. Guess he was softer than I guessed. Shit. Oh well, it'll have to do," he said softly as he thumbed the trigger lightly, waiting for the right moment.

--------------------
user posted image
Judder
Posted: Jan 26 2007, 11:52 PM

Team Leader

Group: Vampires
Member No.: 19

Judder drops his hand an takes aim through the scope of his rifle. Judder takes some potshots at the agents with the remington 700
but most of the shots fall close but not hitting them. He throws the rifle at them and watches it thunk down on a car near them, he laughs as one of the agents is struck a blow upon the back of the head by the rifle.

Thats when he notices the older vampire has stopped and is watching a group of zombies, Judder's eyes focus in on the large improvise explosive device.
"Oh, Shit" Judder yells as he drops on his belly on the roof of the building.

--------------------
user posted image
Alaska
Posted: Jan 27 2007, 01:50 AM

Agent Alaska, Shadow

Member No.: 26

[Ugh, the IED or Pipe bomb whatever the Hell you want to call it. What materials are we assuming it's made out of?]
Agent Armor
Posted: Jan 27 2007, 02:15 AM

Hunter

Member No.: 48

I snapped a round at the vamp sniper with my shotgun, but he seemed duck it, as something clanked to the pavement behind me.

Enough is enough.

"Alaska, you runnin this show? We've been pop cans on a fence for these bastards long enough, and we keep taking wounded! Pretty soon none of us are gonna be able to move! Give us the order to charge those fuckin buildings already. While you had a three man team clearing buildings, the rest of us were a shooting gallery over here."

Alaska
Posted: Jan 27 2007, 05:39 AM

Agent Alaska, Shadow

Kind enough of a fellow agent as Alaska moved silently through the dark, rang out the cliché "I'm gonna die, let's just fuck everything up" call, he sighed, moved close to the wall to his side, back straight, then had his message echo throughout the skirmish, "Armor you should good and well know that in a situation like this, it's either a hell of a lot or not a lot. We sure as hell don't have enough for the former, so I had to take the latter. I understand your frustration but our asses would've been cold and dead had we tried to swarm the building. All except two or three leeches are dead, you've taken out all the zeds and I'm making my way up to the most problematic of the vamps, so sit tight and stay low and be careful."

He lunged back out onto an opposing street, Night Hawk raised. After a brief survey of the buildings around him, he took what appeared to have the most height, and kicked the door but to no avail, then just shot it open. Inside he quickly checked the ERW[Electric Resonance Wave] visor, which directed him quickly to a staircase tucked away in the dark, take the steps two, sometimes three at a time, until out of breath, he located an elevator.

Taking it quietly to the top, Or near the top, anyway... Alaska checked once again for the flight of stairs, then progressed to the top. Outside, the cool air made the sweet clash of hot on cold, and he was refreshed, but that wasn't what was important, what was important was finding the wise-ass vampire of whom kept on taking potshots at the agents below, it took him perhaps the longest it had ever taken him to locate the leech, perhaps because of the snow. As he scanned, the visor picked up the slightest heat source, two buildings away.

"Mother fucker..."
Maelstrom
Posted: Jan 27 2007, 01:56 PM

Hunter

(OOC: Still waitin' for someone to reply about that radio...)

--------------------
user posted image
Agent Armor
Posted: Jan 27 2007, 11:39 PM

Hunter

(OOC: Likewise. I have a cell phone. I don't know how many other Agents do or do not have cell phones or radios. And we have no vehicles.)

Rhodes
Posted: Jan 28 2007, 03:53 AM

[OOC: Pipebomb. N.-a length of pipe filled with black powder or other explosive material designed to explode, causing immediate structural damage either thru heat or shrapnel.
A length of pipe (two soda cans together both long and in diameter) filled with blackpowder and a small blasting cap detonator attached at one end with a remote detonator. The outer of the pipe has ducktaped nails and several ballbearing to it.]

Rhodes watched and smiled. He pressed the little button on the detonator, hunkering way down below the roof line.

The explosion was nothing fancy nor spectacular as a 4th July rocket, however the small explosion sent the nearby zombies flying in all directions. The nails and bearings taped to the bomb went speeding in all directions. The zombies surrounding took the brunt, however a few unlucky agents fell to the ground clutching at their legs, arms, shoulders and torso as the nails embeded deeply.
Nothing serious or life threatening to a healthy body, but it was meant to scare, and slow down.

Rhodes chuckled and quickly got to his feet, dropping the detonator and speeding along the roof tops, to take up another position.

Rule #2 of sniping. Always keep on the move after you've fired or detonated.

--------------------
user posted image
Cyber78
Posted: Jan 28 2007, 04:18 AM

Adminbot3000's Alternate Personality

Group: FVZA Agent Command
Member No.: 2

OOC: As to what those pipebombs are made out of I'm going to declare right now that it's stuff that explodes. We don't need to be telling kids how to make pipebombs, and I really don't need the Department of Homeland Security looking through my hard drive.

"Sorry guys, but I didn't think to bring any long range radios. This was supposed to be an in and out sort of mission. You know, cruise on into the joint, get down to the point and clean out a few rotting fleshbags." I said while I propped myself against a bench.

I thought about what was going on. Armor was right, we were getting slaughtered out here like a game of Duck Hunt.

"Alright, this is not a good situation. And despite the vampires taking pot shots at us we did clear out all the zombies so I'd have to say our mission objectives are basically done. Meaning we've got no reason to stick around. I've got the van parked a while down, I'm not sure how to get to it but if we can we can use it to bug out." I explained. I may not have been officially in charge, but I did know the mission objectives.

--------------------
user posted image
Alaska
Posted: Jan 28 2007, 05:09 AM

Agent Alaska, Shadow

[Ha. No, I was asking for the purpose of a post I may make.]
Maelstrom
Posted: Jan 28 2007, 08:00 AM

Hunter

No long-range radio. Aagh, perfect.

The assault agent took a look at his surroundings. The list of casualties was piling up and the ground was peppered with wounded agents. The guerilla sniping was taking them apart, and they were fast losing their mobility. Pretty soon, getting out of dodge would no longer be a valid option.

He swung his head around to the SAC and spoke, his voice coming across as more insubordinate than intended, but the situation was getting quite desperate.

"Sir, hate to interrupt, but we gotta move or we might as well shoot ourselves and get it over with. If we wanna get outta here, we gotta haul ass right NOW, cuz that sniper can go all day."

--------------------
user posted image
Rhodes
Posted: Jan 28 2007, 02:24 PM

[OOC: Yeah cyber i know enough about that to not post details on the 'how to make'... but what i DID post was general and broad knowledge wink.gif ]

--------------------
user posted image
Cyber78
Posted: Jan 28 2007, 09:21 PM

Adminbot3000's Alternate Personality

Group: FVZA Agent Command
Member No.: 2

OOC: Just figured I'd mention it ahead of time, just to be on the safe side. But I'll let what's already posted stay up. Unless of course the DoHS shows up at my house, in which case you guys owe me a Coca-Cola.

--------------------
user posted image
Agent Armor
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 03:43 PM

Hunter

Damn but it was good to have Miller back in action.

"You're right sir, we have to scoot...But the boss took off into a building by himself. Do we wait for him to get back, or split now?"

We could gain entry into the building, I supposed...it would be safer there...But we would still be stuck, pinned down. And it would cost us men to get out of there alive. Then again, all of us hanging out in the parking lot waiting for him to assault the building all by himself means casualties too.

But we couldn't just take off on a fellow Agent...

"Maelstrom, is it? How about we try a good old center peel back to the van, we could bring it up here...but how long we can have it sittin here before it gets shot to shit, I do not know."

(OOC: does the van have a flat tire?)
Rhodes
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 04:12 PM

[OOC: Do you want it too have a flat tire?.. hehehehehehhe.... cool.gif ]

--------------------
user posted image
Alaska
Posted: Jan 30 2007, 06:15 PM

Agent Alaska, Shadow

[Alaska took out all of the Snipers on the infamous rooftop, and I didn't see you mention others, so for all attentive purposes, only the important NPC vampire and the PC vampires are left.]

As soon as he reached the adjacent rooftop, he knew something was wrong, it only took him a few moments of searching around the vast metal vents before he came upon that the Vampire was gone. Cursing, he swept the area until it was obvious. He sighed, the mission was success sure, the Zeds were dead but the important Leeches were gone, even with so many dead. He shook his head then moved for the radio at his side, "All agents, this is Alaska, our primary objective is complete. Your new orders are to rendezvous at the field HQ two clicks southeast, there is a van Point-Two clicks south as well as a government Humvee. I'm moving to that location now. Alaska out."
Maelstrom
Posted: Jan 31 2007, 11:41 AM

Hunter

The assault agent was wracking his brains for ideas when the radio crackled to life. "Rendezvous at the field HQ?"
The man looked up at his fellow agent and smiled,

"Well, I guess that solves ONE of our problems. Let's peel back to the vans. Oh, and the name's Harding. Warren Harding Junior, codename "Maelstrom." And you don't have to call me 'sir'."

With that, he hefted the temporary SAC onto his shoulder again and jerked his head toward their intended target.

"Now, shall we?"

With that, he turned and started to move.

--------------------
user posted image
Rhodes
Posted: Jan 31 2007, 02:57 PM

Rhodes was pressed against a wall, hidden by shadows. The snow was beginning to fall in greater quantities. He watched, quietly, as the agents swept and cleared the area. He smiled to himself. When the rooftop activity was clear, he stealthily retrieved his canvas bag with all his belongings. Adjusting the sniper rifle slung on his back, he quickly rifled thru the bag and pulled out several extra clips. After breaking down his rifle and putting it in the bag, he dug thru his pants pocket and found a set of car keys. The vamp checked the ground movement, satisfied he'd done all he could really do, he moved from building to building until he reached a safe place to drop to ground level.

"Hmm. What do we have here? Looks like a lone rotter, trolling around," thought Rhodes as he peered over the roof's edge.

Dropping like a meteor from heaven, the sniper landed on the hunched zombie, stomping it to the ground. Bending over quickly, he snatched the head off and stuck a hunting knife thru the skull to end its miserable undead existance.
Turning the rotting head over in his hands, he saw it was a 30something male, missing an eye and skin peeled back from the lips to the tip of the nose.
Grimacing, he set it gently on the ground, pulled out a piece of paper and scribbled a quick note it.

~"Bitter and cold, biting deep and taking hold, twas only the wind this time, whence next we meet you'll be mine."~

Rhodes picked the head up and stuffed the note in the zombies mouth. He strolled nonchalantly down the alley and peeked at the streets around him. He spotted several agents helping their wounded, exterminating anything remotely resembling a zombie.

Rhodes chucked the rotten skull in a high arc towards the agents. As soon as he released, he spun on his heel and trotted off into the cold blustery Seattle night.

--------------------
user posted image
« Next Oldest | The Battlefield | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (9) « First ... 6 7 [8] 9 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0496 seconds · Archive