Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Fvza Rpg. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (9) « First ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  ( Go to first unread post )

Seattle, Washington, Operation Vanity Yardsale
Rhodes
Posted: Jan 17 2007, 06:22 PM

MSI-Level 1 (Military Sniper Intelligence)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 41

[OOC: Judder nice move. I can shoot the leaking gas and get a spark...blowing the hummer to hell !!!]

Rhodes watched as the fellow suckhead pulled the agent he previously shot into the stairwell.

"Hmm. Hope that's a quick snack. Altho, i shot him square in the chest. He should be dead. We don't drink from the dead. These meatsacks must have body armor or vests on. Ammo change time," thought Rhodes as he turned his attention towards the ground below.

He wanted to see the agent go splat on the pavement, but instead he just caught the aftermath of the landing on a parked vehicle.

"Damn. A REAL lucky fucking bastard," he muttered as he rapidly dug thru his canvas sack for new ammo.

Smiling wickedly, Rhodes jerked out his clip and replaced it with a high-powered jacketed bullets. Armor piercing. Anything short of tank armor, and it was going thru.

"No underestimating from here on out," he thought with a sly grin as he quietly worked the bolt on his sniper rifle, pocketing the softer ammo.

He moved silently long the edge of the roof, peeking over every 10 feet or so, keeping an eye out on the action below. More rotters had heard the commotion and began shuffling towards the newcomers. Great diversion for a sniper to pick and choose his targets when they are preoccupied. Rhodes paused when he saw an agent come rushing from the building and barked a few orders to the agents standing beside the hummer. He realized it was the same clothing as the agent on the roof. All doubt vanished when Rhodes saw the agent slip unnoticed under the vehicle.

"Ahhh. Very slick. Disable their means of escape. Better reposition for a clean shot," he thought bemusingly when he saw the vampire in agents clothing come sliding back out and trotting to a building nearby.

Moments later, Rhodes was set up in a pitch black alcove between to large industrial vents. He was scoping out the hummer and warm bodies milling about below, as well as the ever approaching zombies. From the corner of his vision he spotted someone waving inconspicuously. Lifting the pair of binoculars around his neck, he saw thru thermal vision the body was rather cool.

"Hmm wonder what he wants besides spotted and shot," muttered Rhodes quietly.

He lifted his hand slowly and pulled it back down, letting the other vampire know he had been seen. Rhodes looked back down thru his sniper scope at the hummer, bleeding out fuel onto the wet asphalt. He licked his lips anxiously.

--------------------
*exhale of smoke*...so you think you have a price.
user posted image
Cyber78
Posted: Jan 18 2007, 02:30 AM

Adminbot3000's Alternate Personality

Group: FVZA Agent Command
Member No.: 2

OOC: First off, just as note about what Judder just did, yes you can do that in reality. However for future reference please don't try that trick at home. First off the gas milage will drop dramatically, thus potentially costing them thousands of dollars in gas assuming they don't notice it. Secondly, if they don't notice the lack of oil you're likely to trash their engine. Third, you're likely to squirt hot oil in your face if you do it to a running or recently running vehicle (same goes for radiator coolant). And fourth, knifing a gas tank is extremely dangerous due to the possibility of generating a spark due to metal on metal contact. And fifth, it's just flat out illegal as hell.

Therefore assuming Rhodes doesn't blow the shit out of the thing it's going to get even worse gas milage (if that's even possible on a Hummer), and it's grind the engine to hell. And don't do it in reality.

IC: "Oh it's nothing really, just a boo-boo. And a sprained ankle. And probably a broken wrist. And most likely a case of superherpies, although that's a different story involving the accounting department. In the meantime the current SAC isn't exactly in any condition to be leading, so I'll be taking charge. The new orders are these, have somebody grab Agent Alaska and then retreat. We'll regroup and evacuate the area, the Order's presence in the area is too strong. The zombies on the other hand are slow and we can deal with them later." I said to the new agent while I raised myself up using my shotgun as an improvised crutch.

--------------------
user posted image
Agent Armor
Posted: Jan 18 2007, 03:34 AM

Hunter

Group: FVZA Agents
Member No.: 48

Goddamn!

"Hey guys, the boss just took the fuckin' Nestea plunge!"

I can't believe I say things that stupid sometimes. Really. But seeing Miller take a toss off a 3 story roof kinda sucked. Hard. And used too much teeth.

I ran over to John and the new Agent and announced myself, waving over the group I was about to use to clear the building.

"Fisher reporting, all zombies outside have been neutralized. Slick shooting, new guy! That was right on. We'll watch your back as we move out, sir!"

As the NG and Miller pulled back, I used the Agents with me to leapfrog with them in case we drew any more fire.

"Sir!" I yelled.

"Those zombies had our number, and we had to stop them. But being stuck out here in the OPEN under sniper fire kinda did suck just a little, sir! Let's not have to do that one again!"

Fucking vampires.
Maelstrom
Posted: Jan 18 2007, 09:56 AM

Hunter

Member No.: 60

"Sorry about the truck, sir. We grabbed that thing off the motorpool without asking whose it was. Poor guy must've been trying to compensate for something..." with that, the assault agent reached for his mic, "Yo Sanderson! Abort! New orders are to retreat and regroup. Order presence is too high. I repeat, regroup!"

With that, he slipped Miller's arm over his shoulder and steadied the SAC. Nodding to Fisher, he proceeded to help his CO toward the vehicles.

"ANYBODY HERE KNOW WHERE ALASKA IS?"

--------------------
"Evil triumphs when good men do nothing."-Edmund Burke
user posted image
Rhodes
Posted: Jan 18 2007, 06:18 PM

[OOC: Cybers correct, first degree burns easily by punching an oil tank when its been running for a while]

Rhodes watched thru his scope as the new arrivals helped the lucky bastard agent off the car roof. He quickly looked up at the other vampire on the roof top across from his position. Rhodes made various hand gestures which basically interpreted meant, 'get ready to shoot, blowing the transport, cutting off their retreat'.

The sniper went back to his optics and focused in on the ground just underneath the leaking fuel tank on the Hummer. Rhodes drew in the usual shooters breath, held it a second, then exhaled while putting pressure on the trigger of his rifle.

As time slowed down in his mind, the vampire perception took over. He saw the small trickle of gasoline hitting the ground as individual droplets. The agents moved slowly, their voices distorted like a tape run at half speed. Snowflakes fell before his face at a snails pace. Only his thoughts moved at normal speed.

"Get the angle, aim small in between the drips, hit it just infront of the drip, but on the asphalt to get that one good spark," Rhodes thought as his intense focus gave him the ability to shoot above and beyond the normal living human.

As the trigger reached maximum, the bolt released, the firing pin striking the primer of the rifles high powered shell. The resulting discharge of the powder was rocketing from the barrel at supersonic speed, the bullet travelled in slow motion thru the cold, crisp air, spinning as it neared its target. The bullet's angle was anything short of perfect as it struck the asphalt below the agents parked vehicle. The jacketed shell hit, slid in a richochet which resulted in a single, glorious spark. A spark that immediately ignited the surrounding gasoline vapor, the actual dangerous part of gasoline when its out of its container. The ever growing puddle erupted into flames and began to spread, black smoke billowing up around the Hummer.

Time returned to normal for Rhodes as he chucked the spent shell from his rifle and chambered yet another one.

"Well that should put a damper on any retreat they may have planned. Let's see if my comrade across the way can make some more trouble for our meatsacks on the ground," thought Rhodes coldly as he looked up from his scope to line up his next shot.

--------------------
user posted image
Alaska
Posted: Jan 18 2007, 08:37 PM

Agent Alaska, Shadow

Member No.: 26

[Time out. Judder, there's no way in HELL that you would pull that off. Picture this; 200-degree oil burning on your skin, but wait! It gets better, I would, as would an Engineer I know, guarantee that the Combat Knife would cause a spark when either entering or leaving. Even if it didn't, you wouldn't be able to pull off more than one, the burning oil would cause super Third-degree burns. the kind that would melt skin off. Listen to me when I say this, The oil pan draining alone would put enough oil on you to fuck you for life. I will not accept that post as valid unless you are willing to have a character who's either going to die by way of the Hummer exploding, or being incapacitated and/or killed by the oil.

To sum it up, you put the holes in, Judder is screwed for life, and if Rhodes goes along with the post then Judder just got blown the fuck up.

To Cover your other post. Alaska's 6'6, Judder would stick out like a sore thumb, Implements is vague, which means you've only got his Dragonskin, which isn't really a loss, and the 1911 is not really a biggie. He keeps his USMC KA-BAR, which is under his current clothing, not the stuff you took, as well as his radio, and his morning glories.]

Alaska awoke, coughing, disoriented as Hell and wondering just what the fuck was going on, he felt himself over, noticing that except for the clothing beneath what he had been wearing, his radio, the Morning Glories and his KA-BAR, were gone. He cursed, then stood, then pulled out his radio, "This is Agent Alaska, be advised for a figure, presumably smaller than I, they will be wearing my gear, which is the standard Assault Team atire as well as a Dragonskin vest, be on the lookout for someone with oversized clothing. I will be making my way down. Alaska Out."

He strapped his Combat Knife to his side, then moved back to the roof momentarily to grab one of the rifles that the Leeches were using, he donned it then moved down the steps, Glories out. As he exited the building, he dashed to the Hummer he had come in[There were two, btw, plus a van.] silently thanked the FVZA for requiring him to bring additional Body armor, and slipped a set on, set the rifle aside and popped open the rear, grabbing for the additional arms he had brought, which now included a 556, and an Assault Rifle Magazine pack, as well as an extra Night Hawk which he had set aside on a Hella-bad basis. He holstered it, grabbed a few clips as well as another imaging visor, then began to move again, Deagle out. [I actually got the oppurtunity to fire one, and handled it fine, it most likely is due to my Firearm experience, but either way it's not just flashy Hollywood, anyone in the Military could handle it fine, most likely.] And rolled into an allyway, flicking on the Thermal visor.

As he scanned the area, he marked off several low-heat soures, particularly one that happened to be stationary. Memorizing the location, he proceeded to move on, noting that particular signature as the Vamp that had put the round in his back. At that point, Alaska began to move.
Judder
Posted: Jan 18 2007, 08:57 PM

Team Leader

Group: Vampires
Member No.: 19

QUOTE (Alaska @ Jan 18 2007, 08:37 PM)
[Time out. Judder, there's no way in HELL that you would pull that off.]

OOC:
Last time i checked buddy, You aint a MOD.

--------------------
user posted image
Alaska
Posted: Jan 18 2007, 09:57 PM

Agent Alaska, Shadow

QUOTE (Judder @ Jan 18 2007, 08:57 PM)
OOC:
Last time i checked buddy, You aint a MOD.

Last time I checked, buddy, 200 Degree Fahrenheit oil MELTS SKIN. QED. Let me put it simply. You would have approximately One(1) second to get the oil of your skin before it starts to really fuck around. And that's only at 155 Fahrenheit. When I said, "Would" I was meaning, as in, "You would get scalded the fuck out of" if you tried that out. The metal alone on the drain bolt would cause at least a second degree burn. Face it, the only way you coul pull that off is if you were willing to have your character fucked up for life.

I hate to be an ass, but I won't stand for bullshit.
Cyber78
Posted: Jan 19 2007, 12:27 AM

OOC: As someone who works on cars almost five days a week I'm going to say it's possible to do such a thing so long as you're not directly under the puncture point and that it's on a surface that's paralell with the ground. Not that one should try it in reality though, still dangerous. On to the gas tank, it's not exactly guranteed that there'll be a spark. I can say from my expirience that the chance's of a spark are suprisingly low from jabbing a knife through a gas tank. I've seen people take a drill right into a gas tank, despite there being more than enough vapor inside (we learned that when somebody got too close with a cutting torch). But like the oil thing, it's very possible to do that without killing yourself, but you still shouldn't try it at home.

--------------------
user posted image
Rhodes
Posted: Jan 19 2007, 01:11 AM

[OOC: And let me point out MY post when Rhodes shot the gas lying beneath the hummer. Gasoline vapor is what's dangerous and highly flammable! So punching a hole in tank with anything will NOT cause the immediate explosion. Cars can set over a fire and not explode. Its when fuel leaks out and the vapors form. Oil from the bolt is typically off to one side of an oil tank. (not sure bout a hummer cuz i've never been under it) Removing the bolt would burn your hand, possibly your forearm. I don't know too many dipsticks that remove the bolt while looking right at it. Better re-read the posts, Alaska. Judder sabotaged the hummer then left and went over to a building then went up to the roof THEN signaled Rhodes.
Are we to assume that after Alaska was stuffed and LOCKED in a closet, he just walked out? Ok.. you busted out with your 6'6 terminator physique. But rather than sit and nitpick a persons post apart (all judder has to do is clean up his post about the oil and we're golden) I'd sooner make with the real posting.
FOR the record, Rhodes is squatted inbetween two large industrial air vents, on a roof, in the snow. Wearing rather thick clothing. What are the chances do you think anyone with thermal vision is gonna pick him out on a rooftop? Nil to .01 percent if any.]

--------------------
user posted image
Cyber78
Posted: Jan 19 2007, 01:20 AM

OOC: I think Alaska was just dragged into a stairwell. Although I could be wrong. But still, pretty damn clever on the thermal camo. I wouldn't have thought of that.

--------------------
user posted image
Agent Armor
Posted: Jan 19 2007, 01:23 AM

Hunter

Guys, Cyber saw it, he is the admin, and he passed it. He says it happened, than it happened.

There's things here I don't feel are very realistic either, but this thread is neither the time nor the place.

Let's not shit in it and fuck up our game

If anyone has any beefs, take it to PMs and otherwise lets carry on playing without the actual play thread turning into this?
Rhodes
Posted: Jan 19 2007, 03:29 AM

[OOC: heheh hey, its cold out there and if your already undead, why the hell not ninja.gif roger that, my thoughts Armor too. no im pretty sure he was tossed into a closet.... ah but NOT locked, just the door was closed.... my apologies Alaska.]

--------------------
user posted image
Judder
Posted: Jan 19 2007, 10:47 PM

Team Leader

Group: Vampires
Member No.: 19

QUOTE (Rhodes @ Jan 19 2007, 01:11 AM)
[OOC:.. But rather than sit and nitpick a persons post apart (all judder has to do is clean up his post about the oil and we're golden) I'd sooner make with the real posting. ]

We can do that man, Ive edited the post.
SO no more nit picking buddy.
Youve got some editing to do alaska

--------------------
user posted image
Maelstrom
Posted: Jan 20 2007, 02:52 PM

Hunter

The explosion didn't exactly lift the car off the ground, but it sure as hell wasn't a firecracker either. The shockwave and dust momentarily disoriented the assault agent and he almost dropped his charge. Instead of flopping over, the newbie grabbed his CO with one arm while drawing his secondary weapon with the other. His mind was racing at incredible speeds, what the hell just happened?

"Report! Report! Everybody okay?"

Then it hit him. The truck, kaput. How the hell were they going to get everyone out of here?

"Ah shit, it's gonna get crowded."

--------------------
user posted image
Alaska
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 07:00 PM

Agent Alaska, Shadow

[It's fine. He would've barged through it any way. Assuming the Oil pan was not near the side of the Hummer, there would be no way he could pull it of without him somehow coming into contact with the oil. It's about impact and strength, etc.

About Alaska marking off your location, if it were someone not as experienced with Thermal Imaging, then no, tracking your location would be impossible, however;

-Alaska's extremely experienced with Thermal Imaging, key to locating Vampires and the Undead
-Alaska is very familiar with the body heat signatures of Leeches and the Undead
-Rhodes, your character, as a Vampire, would have a body heat of about 60F
-60F Body Heat would make 60F Clothing, bringing out a heat-center mark on Thermal Imaging
-Snow would make the temperature 32F or lower, with the Metal of Industrial air vents, you'd have 32F or lower vent temperature

Why, you ask? Because a 60F figure in the middle of two 32F- air vents would have your Sniper stick out like a sore thumb, particularly for someone who's trained with it.]
Rhodes
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 09:18 PM

[OOC: Ok Alaska, your the man with the experience. But before you go all terminator. Just remember that insulated coats have many layers, which keeps heat in but cold out. The coats inner most layers will warm up, your correct. But the outershell layers will not. Secondly, and more importantly, the vents are either sucking in cold air, or expelling hot air. Either of which would mask Rhodes from a side view. Dead on straight (front or back) and you may have a chance at detecting him. Lastly, if you were down in an alley, i'm assuming your looking head on at him. If thats the case, he sees you as well. Happy hunting.]

Rhodes watched as the hummers gas tank exploded in a great orange fireball.

"Boy if anyone was wearing any vision enhancements got an eyeful there," he chuckled as he thought to himself.

Rhodes rose up slightly to scan the ground movement. Agents were scattering, coming out from behind cover, picking themselves off the snowy, wet ground. Orders were being barked out all over. The sniper vamp just grinned, then gathered his belongings and glanced at the opposite rooftop at the other vampire dressed like an agent.

--------------------
user posted image
Alaska
Posted: Jan 23 2007, 11:37 PM

Agent Alaska, Shadow

[Mm. You'd still have a Heat center. I've moved past the whole oil thing anyway. So, besides that, it's either he sees the Heat trail, or he manually does the search. Either way, it'd be key time for you to high-tail it.]
Agent Armor
Posted: Jan 24 2007, 02:54 AM

Hunter

God, the Hummer! And the van with it's flat tires....this stopped lookin good five minutes ago. Now we were hurtin for certain. I just hoped the agents near it were okay.

I dashed to the new guy and Miller as quickly as I could, waving to attract some of the other Agents.

"Guys, face outwards, grab some cover and prepare to return fire! We could use a permeter here."

I looked at the new Agent, and it seriously felt good to recognize we had someone else in this situation who knew his stuff.

"I've got some first aid training, you guys okay? Let's get behind the Hummer."

Shit, if there were any more zombies around here, they'd be headed to to burning vehicle but we needed the cover if the agents were injured. Fuckin Stevie Wonder coulda saw that thing blow up.

"Does anyone have ANY contact with Roncas? He had a privately owned truck!"

Maelstrom
Posted: Jan 25 2007, 12:00 PM

Hunter

The assault agent yelled,

"We could be a whole lot worse! Most of these guys are mobile, and I know how to handle a few paper cuts!"

With that, however, he glanced at the burning vehicle, then at the throngs of undead milling toward the flames. The thing was like goddamn lighthouse. Between the sniper (which he STILL couldn't locate) and the Gs, the wreckage was the last place they wanted to stay at.

"We gotta get movin'! I could see this fire all the way from Bragg, and the Gs are a hell of a lot closer. We dig down and we're dead! I say we grab what vehicles we have left and use them as moving cover. Keep goin' until we rendezvous with the rest of the Regional troops. Shouldn't be long now, we were only the rapid response team!"

With that, he started heaving the SAC toward cover.

--------------------
user posted image
« Next Oldest | The Battlefield | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (9) « First ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0333 seconds · Archive