zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Fvza Rpg. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (7) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Armories, The weapons for each team.
Cyber78
Posted: Dec 8 2006, 10:48 PM

Adminbot3000's Alternate Personality

Group: FVZA Agent Command
Member No.: 2

I'm not even going to authorize carrying one unless it's dawn of the dead. It's a matter of if we start letting people carry around a single round then that round becomes the magic bullet that gets used for a tricky situation in every mission. It becomes about as obvious as gadgets in Bond movies, and even less creative since the same thing gets used every time.

--------------------
user posted image
Templar
Posted: Dec 9 2006, 12:21 AM

Vampire/Proper English Mod

Group: Vampire Command
Member No.: 35

Agreed. These Mercury and Nitro rounds have to be ok'ed by the mods before a massive dawn of the dead mission.

--------------------
user posted image
Alaska
Posted: Dec 12 2006, 12:12 AM

Agent Alaska, Shadow

Group: FVZA Agents
Member No.: 26

It occurs to me that I've been an all-around asshole, especially to you, Rhodes, to I gotta apologize for doing that, I guess I'm just a little pissy about the whole Guns situation. And although I do work with the armory, you, Cyber, and you, Templar, are the heads of this site, so your word is law, and that works well enough as is. And for that whole WW2 gun thing, I've got no problem, just so long as you can show that we'll be able to get them, because as far as I'm aware, only the Garand is still in production for rifle usage within the Military, but, whatever, just show me the statistics, otherwise frankly I'll see you as enjoying Call of duty too much.
Cyber78
Posted: Dec 12 2006, 12:16 AM

As far as I can tell, the M3's have just been sitting around in a warehouse, and the M1928A1 I'll admit was sort of a guilty pleasure, which is why they'd be in such limited numbers. However I am starting to get the feeling that the CAR-15 is getting a lot of popular support so I've been thinking of switching the M3's for an equal number of CAR-15's. Any thoughts on this?

Also Alaska, I'm very grateful for your apology, and I too am sorry for doing a lot of this without informing you previously.

--------------------
user posted image
Agent Armor
Posted: Dec 12 2006, 12:45 AM

Hunter

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (Alaska @ Dec 12 2006, 12:12 AM)
It occurs to me that I've been an all-around asshole, especially to you, Rhodes, to I gotta apologize for doing that, I guess I'm just a little pissy about the whole Guns situation. And although I do work with the armory, you, Cyber, and you, Templar, are the heads of this site, so your word is law, and that works well enough as is. And for that whole WW2 gun thing, I've got no problem, just so long as you can show that we'll be able to get them, because as far as I'm aware, only the Garand is still in production for rifle usage within the Military, but, whatever, just show me the statistics, otherwise frankly I'll see you as enjoying Call of duty too much.

For that matter the CAR is no longer in production for the military either, Cyber...But there are still enough bein made for private sales.

My stance is either/or. I am really neutral to which we use. If more people want the CAR, than CAR it is. I do think the Greaser and Tommy would be more effective overall though.

Very classy Alaska, well said Agent.

Did you know that in round one of the Iraq fight, the 3rd Division went to war with the M3? They were used as compact weapons for vehicle crews because carbines were not as prolific as they are now. So right up into the 1990's, the US army kept the grease gun in their inventory.

They all had to go somewhere.

Realistically? Probably given away to shit countries, or ended up having an unfortunate shmelting accident. Look how big of a bite in the ass that was with the M14, the guys in the sand box can't get enough of them right now. Gee, sure would be nice to have the millions that were given away.

Look how much the price of even the parts has jumped up, and SA is almost always on back order now.

So, you never know. I could see Washington confronting us with money requests by dumping a whole pile of mothballed weapons on us and saying "Quit yer bitchin'"

We ain't CAG, we ain't Delta, we ain't Homeland Security. We're the part of the Govt. they won't even admit exists. Can't throw too much money at that. Especially not given the current political situation.
Alaska
Posted: Dec 12 2006, 01:49 AM

Agent Alaska, Shadow

Hmm. The Grease gun was indeed a hella good gun. (thinking back to CoD2 and wondering why it's not in CoD3...) But I'd still insist we would be getting standard Government stuff as we would be a department of Homeland Security.
Alaska
Posted: Dec 12 2006, 01:51 AM

Agent Alaska, Shadow

You know, I've been thinking and I now realize that the BR in Halo 2 is of the Bullpup variation, and look how good it is.
Cyber78
Posted: Dec 12 2006, 03:36 AM

Keep in mind Halo is a good bit off into the future, and the battle rifle is basically just an M16 in the future, but without semiauto fire. And I'm not too thrilled about any of the current assault rifles in bullpup form. The P90's are nice and all, but not much use for them right now.

But you do raise the question of which government department we'd fall under. The Department of Homeland Security is a likely candidate, but so is the Department of Justice (the home of the old agency).

Personally I'm not too fond of the Departmet of Homeland Security, it's one of the most incompetant, spendaholic departments there is, which of course undermines what we want to be. The FVZA has always been portrayed as this underfunded, yet professional, so the DoH just doesn't feel right. We'd end up working with a bunch of agencies that are almost all related to fighting terrorism. I never really liked to think of vampires as "terrorists" per say.

To me terrorism is just another fad word, vampires and zombiesnever change. Vampires and zombies are an age old enemy that's essentially eternal, the legends have been around since the dawn of mankind. Terrorism is basically is just one of those things that comes and goes, and it's completely political. The FVZA fights something that's eternal, always the thorn in humanities side, sometimes a knife to the throat of humanity.

The Department of Justice on the other hand, I think that's where we belong. For one thing we're more of a police department, so I think we'd fit in so much better with the DoJ. Plus the DoJ is a lot more out of the limelight, yet they're so well established. It's just something about the DoJ that carries more of an air of professionalism and good judgement. And although that may not sound too much like our current agency, it's definatley the kind of reputation the old agency had, and it's the rep that I think we want too.

--------------------
user posted image
Cyber78
Posted: Dec 12 2006, 03:41 AM

Also in order to keep our equipment pretty consistent I'll ask that everyone on either of the teams use the armories currently posted. Next mission however it'll be mandatory that everyone abides by the armories that are in effect at that time.

--------------------
user posted image
Agent Armor
Posted: Dec 12 2006, 05:44 AM

Hunter

If I'd feel secure with my M1 Garand, I'd feel secure with anything you guys give me. I don't know if we really need a counter to their weapons, but don't matter. Lay a long gun in my hands and I am good to go, as long as it works.

I know this is an RPG, but it's way more about mindset and training than it is about the gear in your hands anyway.

Just as long as you don't give me an AUG, SA-80, FAMAS or AK that is lol.
Alaska
Posted: Dec 12 2006, 06:33 PM

Agent Alaska, Shadow

Meh. The whole Armory situation could be better managed, but, whatever. I'm going to stick to my guns (Ha-ha), but Alaska would be carrying them as an STP either way, but the Armory, again, does have a need to be revised.
Rhodes
Posted: Dec 12 2006, 07:37 PM

MSI-Level 1 (Military Sniper Intelligence)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Cyber78 @ Dec 11 2006, 10:36 PM)
Keep in mind Halo is a good bit off into the future, and the battle rifle is basically just an M16 in the future, but without semiauto fire.  And I'm not too thrilled about any of the current assault rifles in bullpup form.  The P90's are nice and all, but not much use for them right now.

But you do raise the question of which government department we'd fall under.  The Department of Homeland Security is a likely candidate, but so is the Department of Justice (the home of the old agency). 

Personally I'm not too fond of the Departmet of Homeland Security, it's one of the most incompetant, spendaholic departments there is, which of course undermines what we want to be.  The FVZA has always been portrayed as this underfunded, yet professional, so the DoH just doesn't feel right.  We'd end up working with a bunch of agencies that are almost all related to fighting terrorism.  I never really liked to think of vampires as "terrorists" per say. 

To me terrorism is just another fad word, vampires  and zombiesnever change.  Vampires and zombies are an age old enemy that's essentially eternal, the legends have been around since the dawn of mankind.  Terrorism is basically is just one of those things that comes and goes, and it's completely political.  The FVZA fights something that's eternal, always the thorn in humanities side, sometimes a knife to the throat of humanity.

The Department of Justice on the other hand, I think that's where we belong.  For one thing we're more of a police department, so I think we'd fit in so much better with the DoJ.  Plus the DoJ is a lot more out of the limelight, yet they're so well established.  It's just something about the DoJ that carries more of an air of professionalism and good judgement.  And although that may not sound too much like our current agency, it's definatley the kind of reputation the old agency had, and it's the rep that I think we want too.

Thanx Alaska, for the apology, its appreciated.

Cyber.... I would tend to think fvza would fall under the DOD. After all they are in charge over homeland security in a way. I would think at the least both agency hand in hand (i use that LOOSELY) could have the FVZA as a common thread between. Perhaps left over funding trickles down from both agency budgets could end up in the fvza coffers. Just a thought.
That way neither can claim the organization as being a part of them, but have access to your usage.

--------------------
*exhale of smoke*...so you think you have a price.
user posted image
Zippo
Posted: Dec 12 2006, 10:07 PM

Armory agent (ret.)

Member No.: 45

I think the DOJ is where we belong. DOD deals more with external threats were as the DOJ supervises many investigaive agencys (ATF FBI) where we would be right at home.

--------------------
Agent Sam 'Zippo' Edison
FVZA Armory Chief
Captain; USMCR

"You, you, and you ... Panic. The rest of you, come with me."
- U.S. Marine Corp Gunnery Sgt.
Cyber78
Posted: Dec 12 2006, 11:05 PM

What in samhill does STP stand for?

--------------------
user posted image
Alaska
Posted: Dec 12 2006, 11:58 PM

Agent Alaska, Shadow

Ugh... I forget. STP Is Service Taxpayer or something... Somebody correct me, as I know I'm wrong.

As Assault Rifles/SMGs/Machine Guns/Military Pistols are illegal in the US, only Law Inforcement and the Government can purchase them, but Service Taxpayers(Wrong, I think, but whatever) are also allowed to own those particular weapons, Alaska was already a Service member as he was Special Forces, but now that he's Government he'd be able to own them, as well. That's all.
Cyber78
Posted: Dec 13 2006, 12:22 AM

This of course raises the dilema of the armory becoming a portrait of atrophy if everyone gets to use their own weapons on them. Any thoughts on this from anyone?

--------------------
user posted image
Agent Armor
Posted: Dec 13 2006, 01:34 AM

Hunter

ahh, the class III system.

Stuff like machine guns, short barreled rifles, suppressors, etc are not illegal at all. All you have to do is pay a $200 NFA tax stamp, and register the firearm/device. I think thats where the STP thing comes from.

Cyber, you've got a tough one on your hands. I suppose it's either going to be scrap your armory, or put your foot down.

Personally, I would add one or two alternative weapons to the armory and call it good. A little more variety. If agents don't like it they can join the army.

I know Zippo carries a Marine Corps version of our 1911, which is cool. Uses the same ammo, same mags, good to go. His idea of the CAR is worthwhile too. Other than that I think the only person who isn't cool with the armory is Alaska.
Judder
Posted: Dec 13 2006, 02:11 AM

Team Leader

Group: Vampires
Member No.: 19

It sounds good to me
We should have a generalized armoury, but be allowed to introduce things like the knuckle knives i showed.

--------------------
user posted image
Templar
Posted: Dec 13 2006, 02:31 AM

Vampire/Proper English Mod

Group: Vampire Command
Member No.: 35

Your little toys fall under the Knuckle Dusters/type I knifes section. S'not new.

--------------------
user posted image
Cyber78
Posted: Dec 13 2006, 02:54 AM

Ok, time for the tough choice. This goes for anybody on the FVZA team, I'll let Templar make the policy for the vampires.

I'm going to go with STARS' idea. What I'll do is add in a few alternative weapons that do essentially the same job as some of the others (such as CAR-15's), but once those are added you'll either go by what's in our armory or you might find your posts edited or just missing. However I'll allow for personally owned firearms in the event that it's essentially the same weapon, but just a slightly different model or something. Zippo's M1911 is a perfect example, about the same thing as what we use, but has it's own personality. Sorry if it seems to restrictive, but if we just allow for anything in the armory it'll really suck when people start pulling uber-guns out from nowhere.

--------------------
user posted image
« Next Oldest | OOC Forum | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (7) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0403 seconds · Archive