zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Fvza Rpg. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (7) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Armories, The weapons for each team.
Cyber78
Posted: Dec 8 2006, 03:27 AM

Adminbot3000's Alternate Personality

Group: FVZA Agent Command
Member No.: 2

I'd imagine that extended fire would heat the barrell enough to cause problems though. So maybe first shot could work, but after a bit you might have trouble.

--------------------
user posted image
Agent Armor
Posted: Dec 8 2006, 03:34 AM

Hunter

Group: FVZA Agents
Member No.: 48

Ever fire a bullet into a dirt pit?

If you ever do, dig it out. It won't be much more than 6 inches in the dirt.

In the time it sits there, it burns sand. The colour turns from brown to white. And if you pick it up, the bullet is still very hot to the touch.

Would there still be some cyanide on it? It's possible though. I am not well versed in science. Maybe it would all burn away, if the bullet is hot enough to burn sand. Maybe all it takes though, is a tiny little flake inside the copper to turn a non lethal shot into one dead agent.
Cyber78
Posted: Dec 8 2006, 03:36 AM

I suppose since I doubt any of us have a Ph. D in chemistry and are well versed in firearms at the same time we'll make a compromise. We won't use nitro rounds if you guys don't use cyanide rounds. And if it does come down to such a thing, they both come in limited supplies and will stop working safely after a while.

Over time the barrel will heat up, causing nitro rounds to explode when loaded, and cyanide to just burn away. Therefore no more than a few shots each, but preferably using neither.

--------------------
user posted image
Templar
Posted: Dec 8 2006, 03:37 AM

Vampire/Proper English Mod

Group: Vampire Command
Member No.: 35

Cyanide? Nope, not gonna work.

Now Mercury filled slugs... we might have something. Assassins use it all the time. A little drilling, some wax... the target is done.

--------------------
user posted image
Agent Armor
Posted: Dec 8 2006, 03:43 AM

Hunter

If you have anything about mercury rounds being used I would like to read it, Templar. Please don't take that as scarasm, it's genuine interest.

I don't see how a nitro loaded round could survive being fired either. When making nitroglycerine explosive, you have to add ice while you are creating it during the whole procedure. If you don't a stir stick hitting the side of a beaker is enough to blow it up. Dynamite uses nitro soaked sawdust for it's explosive, but if you have ever heard of dynamite "sweating" then you know how unstable it gets when pure nitro seeps out of it.

It also provides one awesome buzz. Yeah, people eat dynamite. Hence nitro being used in heart medication etc.

Aaaaanyway...I dunno if it matters. I wouldn't want to kill a vamp with a hit from a nitro round unless they were an NPC and then we can just find other ways to kill them. Likewise, I wouldn't like Vamps killing us with cyanide rounds.
Jay
Posted: Dec 8 2006, 03:55 AM

Memories...

Group: Vampires
Member No.: 34

QUOTE (Templar @ Dec 8 2006, 04:37 PM)
Now Mercury filled slugs... we might have something. Assassins use it all the time. A little drilling, some wax... the target is done.

Like the idea, but, again, mercury is usually kept under high security due to its effects as a poison and madness inducer, and we don't have the facilities to make our own. By the way, you probably won't need to drill for it. Use a hollow-point slug and it will basically disintegrate, releasing the mercury into the target, producing a gibbering wreck of a man.

I think we should stick to the basics. Maybe some sort of weak poison would be available to place inside the slugs, as befits the Order's aims and structure, but those particular slugs would be few and far between.
Templar
Posted: Dec 8 2006, 03:56 AM

QUOTE (Agent Armor @ Dec 7 2006, 10:43 PM)
If you have anything about mercury rounds being used I would like to read it, Templar. Please don't take that as scarasm, it's genuine interest.

Since mercury is both extremely dense and liquid, it could improve the terminal ballistics of a projectile by "splattering" into dozens or hundreds of tiny, high-velocity droplets on impact, essentially turning into very fine shot inside the target. The possibility of lead being damaged by mercury* exsists, but it could be avoided by encapsulating the mercury in either plastic, glass, or some inert metal (gold?) and then implanting the capsule into the round.

* Mercury goes into solution with a number of metals at room temperature, lead
being one of them along with silver, tin, copper, zinc, aluminum, and a host
of other metals.

Some reading:
The Day of the Jackal by Frederick Forsythe

--------------------
user posted image
Templar
Posted: Dec 8 2006, 03:57 AM

QUOTE (Jay @ Dec 7 2006, 10:55 PM)
mercury is usually kept under high security due to its effects as a poison and madness inducer

It was used by dentists, hat makers and in thermometers for years.

--------------------
user posted image
Cyber78
Posted: Dec 8 2006, 03:58 AM

Ah yes, I loved that book. The movie based on it was good, but that book was fantastic. Anyhow I'll just say that mercury isn't too hard to get, just buy a lot of thermometers and crack them open. Or at least I'm pretty sure the old one's used mercury assuming they don't anymore.

--------------------
user posted image
Jay
Posted: Dec 8 2006, 04:03 AM

Memories...

QUOTE (Templar @ Dec 8 2006, 04:56 PM)
He mentioned the possibility of lead being damaged by mercury*, and we decided it could be avoided by encapsulating the mercury in either plastic, glass, or some inert metal (gold?) and then implanting the capsule into the round.

Doesn't matter if the mercury reacts, as long as the slug is fired soon after putting the mercury inside it. In fact, it would probably help, so that as the lead breaks it releases the mercury. I agree that it would increase the range and whatnot, but there is the problem that the extra density would result in the slug going through its designated target. There are two main possibilities for the mercury situation:

-Mercury slug disintegrates on contact with target due to weakened shell combined with rapid deceleration.
-Slug goes straight through target due to extra density.

All depends on the gun and whether or not you are using a primarily hollow-point slug.

QUOTE (Templar)

Not anymore.

QUOTE (Cyber78)
Or at least I'm pretty sure the old one's used mercury assuming they don't anymore.

They are now filled with an alcohol, due to mercury's instability.
Agent Armor
Posted: Dec 8 2006, 04:11 AM

Hunter

So is a mercury bullet actually smaller than the barrel of the gun that shoots it?
Templar
Posted: Dec 8 2006, 04:14 AM

QUOTE (Jay @ Dec 7 2006, 11:03 PM)
Doesn't matter if the mercury reacts, as long as the slug is fired soon after putting the mercury inside it. In fact, it would probably help, so that as the lead breaks it releases the mercury.

The two metals become one. That wouldn't help. Hense the capsule. Plus it takes a while to make the bullet.

QUOTE (Jay)
-Mercury slug disintegrates on contact with target due to weakened shell combined with rapid deceleration.
-Slug goes straight through target due to extra density.

The shell wouldn't be that weakened, when the lead "squishes" inside the target, the mercury is released.

QUOTE (Templar)

Not anymore.

QUOTE (Cyber78)
Or at least I'm pretty sure the old one's used mercury assuming they don't anymore.

They are now filled with an alcohol, due to mercury's instability.

Doesn't mean we can't find a way of getting our hands on some old school thermies.

--------------------
user posted image
Jay
Posted: Dec 8 2006, 04:16 AM

Memories...

QUOTE (Agent Armor @ Dec 8 2006, 05:11 PM)
So is a mercury bullet actually smaller than the barrel of the gun that shoots it?

It's basically a regular slug, but with mercury inside it.
Agent Armor
Posted: Dec 8 2006, 04:18 AM

Hunter

Actually I have heard of bullets that do something like what Jay describes, called "Blended metal" technology. Supposed to be VERY nasty.
Templar
Posted: Dec 8 2006, 04:23 AM

I was researching on that and everything I read was trying to go for the "posion bullet" moreso than the "arm-blown-off" round.

--------------------
user posted image
Agent Armor
Posted: Dec 8 2006, 04:31 AM

Hunter

Unless you want a super small caliber projectile, say something you can easily chamber in a gun that looks like a pen, etc, what is the point?

That I could see...Pen guns, cell phone guns, all kinds of other stuff that would pass customs, be able to mail around, be given back to you after being frisked, etc.

Assassin stuff, basically.

For any other purpose, I don't see the point
Cyber78
Posted: Dec 8 2006, 04:36 AM

If I didn't know any better I'd say STARS had connections with the KGB.

--------------------
user posted image
Templar
Posted: Dec 8 2006, 04:36 AM

QUOTE (Agent Armor @ Dec 7 2006, 11:31 PM)
Unless you want a super small caliber projectile, say something you can easily chamber in a gun that looks like a pen, etc, what is the point?

That I could see...Pen guns, cell phone guns, all kinds of other stuff that would pass customs, be able to mail around, be given back to you after being frisked, etc.

Assassin stuff, basically.

For any other purpose, I don't see the point

Well say you only have so many bullets and arn't the best shot. All you have to do is graze your target and then wait for the posion to take effect. No after thought like "oh man, did I kill him or just wound him badly?"

--------------------
user posted image
Agent Armor
Posted: Dec 8 2006, 04:44 AM

Hunter

lol Cyber, if I was KGB, I would be poisoning people with Thalium tongue.gif Or the good ol' cyanide umbrella.

Yeah, I see your point, Templar...it's just kinda hard to see someone with the know how and the connections to obtain and use mercury ammunition not being a fairly decent shot. That would be an assassination too I suppose.

Although I do suck with pistols. Don't go spreading that around.
Zippo
Posted: Dec 8 2006, 09:50 PM

Armory agent (ret.)

Member No.: 45

SEMPER FI BITCHES

First of by letting me say Damn straight brother

second about the Nitro rounds.

They were pretty much something I came up when we were really hard up for something to kill huge freakin hordes of zombies. It's complicated and as realistic as I would like to stay is just for use in 12 gauge shotguns.

The shells themselves are heavily insulated and stabalized shotgun rounds using actually very little nitro in it more like a very high explosive round for a shotgun. They would be incredibly expensive, I'd class them as extremely restricted for as cyber said Dawn of the dead level problems. Few of them do to limited production.

I always carry one just in case of you know, stuff.

--------------------
Agent Sam 'Zippo' Edison
FVZA Armory Chief
Captain; USMCR

"You, you, and you ... Panic. The rest of you, come with me."
- U.S. Marine Corp Gunnery Sgt.
« Next Oldest | OOC Forum | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (7) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0323 seconds · Archive