zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Fvza Rpg. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (7) « First ... 5 6 [7]  ( Go to first unread post )

Armories, The weapons for each team.
Cyber78
Posted: Mar 27 2008, 06:23 AM

Adminbot3000's Alternate Personality

Group: FVZA Agent Command
Member No.: 2

Update: As hinted at earlier, there's been an FVZA armory change. I've decided to replace the CR-15's with something else. Go on check it out, I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Also, in the interest of balance I've taken the liberty of tossing in another weapon for the vampires team under the category of shotguns.

Ok, so anyhow as to explaining why I stuck those two in there. The USAF is currently switching from the M16A2 to the M4, meaning that there's all of a sudden quite a few M16's out there not being used to shoot stuff with. On the other hand it seemed kind of pointless to stick them in the FVZA armory. We already had a nice 5.56mm NATO gun in there in the form of the CR-15, and the Colt Commando was better for CQ. So I figured why not simply replace the Colt Commando with something a bit better by converting the M16's with Barrett's relatively new REC7 (aka the M468)? This way we've got more stopping power than the 5.56, but still in the form of a very usable assault rifle that can use all the AR-15 family accessories. More firepower than the Colt Commando, but in a more compact package than the M14.

As for why the vampires got the AA-12, I felt that they'd need something to balance out the awesomness of the REC7. I was originally thinking about giving them the AK-101, but I figured that it'd be like giving them the M468 but watered down a bit. So I figured since the M468 is far superior to anything they had in the assault weapons category I'd give them a shotgun superior to ours. Thus we both get some really cool toys, and I think it's still pretty balanced.

--------------------
user posted image
Cyber78
Posted: Aug 8 2008, 05:02 AM

Adminbot3000's Alternate Personality

Group: FVZA Agent Command
Member No.: 2

Another armory update!

This time I regret to inform you that I'm not adding any new weapons, instead I'm removing a weapon and one of the features.

First and foremost, some of you may have noticed on the FVZA side that there was a line that specified how many of the weapon was in stock in the armory. I've decided to remove that little line from each weapon. Back when I first started this forum I had grandiose plans to make this an extremely tightly run forum, which I admit it is to an extent when it comes to weapons, and I was going to have it so only so many agents could carry a certain weapon. This way common weapons could be carried by everyone, but only so many agents could be using the heavy stuff. But I've noticed that we seem to get a pretty good variety on the weapons loadouts in the story, so I've deemed it kind of pointless to try and restrict how many agents can carry certain weapons. Since I've never seen a situation where everyone is running around packing flamethrowers I figure that the membership should have been trusted in the first place not to go nuts with the heavy stuff. So from now on if there's a weapon that's listed in the armory feel free to assume that it's in stock.

Secondly, I've removed the M3 Grease Gun. Originally it was only there because the M1928 Thompson was in low stock but the FVZA would still need an SMG. But since I'm removing the in stock numbering thing we no longer have to worry about not having enough Tommy Guns. And since the M3 was basically never used anyhow I figure it's time to get rid of it. For future story purposes we can all just pretend that the M3's have gone into storage as backup weapons.

--------------------
user posted image
O_O
Posted: Aug 22 2008, 02:13 AM

Agent No. 84

Group: FVZA Agents
Member No.: 84

I just realized I use the spas-12 and .357 revolvers ( though my character owns the pistols personally), both of which are from the order's armory, and absent from the FVZA's. Should I change my gear, or does it matter that much?
Rhodes
Posted: Aug 22 2008, 12:04 PM

MSI-Level 1 (Military Sniper Intelligence)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 41

No your good, just remember that with revolvers that if you start 'blasting away at and endless stream of deadheads... you might wanna post something about reloading..

That is all.

--------------------
*exhale of smoke*...so you think you have a price.
user posted image
« Next Oldest | OOC Forum | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (7) « First ... 5 6 [7] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0195 seconds · Archive