zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Fvza Rpg. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (7) « First ... 5 6 [7]  ( Go to first unread post )

Death Manor II, Part two of the Aurora, Montana Mission
Templar
Posted: Dec 3 2006, 07:18 AM

Vampire/Proper English Mod

Group: Vampire Command
Member No.: 35

OOC: You are a tough guy, you'll live.

--------------------
user posted image
Cyber78
Posted: Dec 3 2006, 08:34 AM

Adminbot3000's Alternate Personality

Group: FVZA Agent Command
Member No.: 2

I freaking hate it when people shoot.

"I'm starting to wonder what the first mate of the Red October saw in this place." I muttered to myself as I observed the carnage around me.

Vampires had ripped cops apart, cops had blasted vampires to bits, and I still had no clue what happened to that werewolf we came for. The nighttime cold was setting in, and I was starting to shiver to to the point where I doubt I could've kept my rifle steady enough for any long range shooting anymore. Most of the leaves had fallen, and now many of them were covered in blood from the fight.

That's when Alaska came from out of the brush with an M4 in his arms, a few black splotches on his uniform, and a look on his face that told me that he'd had better days. It was about time I saw a good agent around ever since Judder had disappeared while I was focusing on another random vampire. And was I ever glad to see him.

"So, what's the story?" I asked him as I brushed a leaf off my shoulder.

"Bad news is that Judder seems to have been kidnapped. Also one of the leeches kicked me pretty hard in the ribs. But the good news is that the vampires seem to be in full retreat." He responded.

"Well the retreat is good, the fact that they're taking Judder isn't. But in the meantime sorry to hear about your ribs, any idea if they're broken?"

"Not sure."

"Well I'd bet they're at least bruised."

"Probably."

"Alright, I think it's about time we got the hell out of dodge and regrouped back at the hotel." I said as I zipped my jacket and located Polaris so I could figure out which way was north.

OOC: Alright people, let's get this thing wrapped up. I'm in the mood for some zombies.

Edited by Templar for italics usage

--------------------
user posted image
Alaska
Posted: Dec 3 2006, 03:14 PM

Agent Alaska, Shadow

Group: FVZA Agents
Member No.: 26

[The medicine they gave me is workin' fine, thank goodness. Yeah, Zombies sounds like a good idea. Mid-scale infestation sounds nice. How about the Mall of America? Ha. Not the most Cliché thing you've ever heard. Yes it is! SHUT UP VOICE.]

Alaska was still moving around, the Dragonskin had the nice little perk about spreading out damage, (Same thing with bullets, the bullet hits, the energy is spread out, weakening the hit), without it he would have likely broken a rib, or two. And you expected you could beat a vampire hand-to-hand? At this, Alaska would've laughed, if he could've. "Oh, yeah, right, you tell me now after first telling me to stab the guy in the side. Nice advice." He coughed a couple of times, then moved on.

He had been thinking for a bit about the carnage, and for some reason his mind kept returning to Judder, they had taken him, sure, probably to feed on... Right? His mind started sparking, which would've occured earlier had that kick not dazed him. "Miller, good news/ bad news." the agent turned around, "Bad news first, alright, they took Judder. That's not the bad news, bad news is they probably got the location of Dart out of him, that's the only reason they would've taken him and not killed him on the field. The good news is, I'm sure as Hell that they know they can't break the hotel. Too many agents around it, but it seems likely enough they'll try."

He sighed, coughed some more and began moving again.

Edited by Templar. Alaska, YOU ARE NOT SHERLOCK HOMLES.
Roncas
Posted: Dec 3 2006, 06:39 PM

Hunter

Member No.: 17

I began walking slowly to where John was, smoking on my cigarette all the little way. "Well hey there guys. Miss me? Probably not. I was just your little Guardian Angel John. And when are we completing our shooting range? I am the worse shot ever now. 2 out of 4 bullets hit that vamp."

I let out a smile and shared some more good news. "Clean up crew i going to be here ETA 5 min. The wolf is neutralized and still has a good 5 hours left of sleep in him, in case your wondering. I picked up some trank's from the PD when I found out it was a wolf. This outta be a thrill... and about Judder; I'm sure we can trace his signal. He still has his cell phone in his pants and we just have to find his signal through GPS."

Edited by Templar for minor errors
Cyber78
Posted: Dec 3 2006, 09:23 PM

"Pretty good assessments gentlemen, but I doubt there'll be much chance of catching the vamps. Strategically speaking, Montana is only good because it's easy to lay low. Now that their cover is blown in this area, the city has the strategic importance of a banana, so if their leadership has any brains whatsoever, they'll just let us have the banana. That way their packs can live to fight another day over something more important." I explained.

As much as I wanted to know that we'd won a pair of victories, it was debatable as to whether or not they were victories. We got our werewolf, but we lost Judder. That and I was starting to wonder where we were going to keep a fully grown werewolf.

"So... Dr. Roncas.... I don't suppose you've got a cage for a werewolf laying around... do you?" I asked him.

--------------------
user posted image
Roncas
Posted: Dec 4 2006, 12:31 AM

Hunter

Member No.: 17

"Taken care of. I called in assistance about 20 min ago. Clean up crew is coming and I for one don't want to hear their bitching. Im sure they have something wiht them to get him."

I began walking out of the wooded area. "they have the coodinates. the beast won't be moving for awhile so we can head back and have that poker tounament after all. And as I said. We can alwasy trace Judder's cell phone."
Jay
Posted: Dec 4 2006, 03:45 AM

Memories...

Group: Vampires
Member No.: 34

The trail was growing cold, and his headache was starting to interfere with his vision, so Jay slowed down, stopped, and leaned back against a tree overlooking a pond about a kilometre from the main battle site.

Damn it... they're too fast. They'll probably be gone by the time I catch up, anyway. Maybe it's time for a breather.

He massaged his temples and grimaced at the pain. The headache had been getting worse for the last twenty minutes, and he wasn't feeling that great anyway. Jay allowed his mind to wander in the way that some do when they have a fever...

...fever? Headache? Generally feeling like shit? Oh, fuck, no!

He frantically tore off his backpack and opened the sealed metal container he had packed. Inside, foam packed and safe, were a vial and a syringe. His hands trembled as he attempted to withdraw the liquid from the vial into the syringe, but as he managed to finally draw the liquid into the syringe, his head throbbed with intense pain and he blacked out. The syringe, still with the needle inside the vial, rolled down the incline and into the pond, sinking immediately.

OOC: I also want to finish this up quickly, so I'm gonna post what happened that coming night.

IC: Sunset. The tossing and turning man who was sleeping against a tree by a small pond, deep inside the woods of Montana, opened his eyes.

Woah, must have slipped off. Where the hell am I?

He glanced at his sleeve. It was rolled up, revealing a scar on a scar. Memory's floodgates opened, hardwiring his brain into action.

Did I get the serum in time?

He rolled his tounge around his mouth absentmindedly, then recoiled when he felt the pointed teeth.

What? No, no, nononono... Please, God, no...

Fighting off a sudden wave of nausea, he staggered to the pond and, dropping to his knees, glanced at his reflection.
Red and black eyes. Paler-than-usual skin. Pointed teeth.
Then the full force of his condition hit him like a fist in the face, and rising to his feet, the newly-created vampire Jay screamed his horror and revulsion to the sky.

There was only one place for him now. Unsteady on his feet, Jay began walking towards the vampires' hideout.

Towards a new life.
Cyber78
Posted: Dec 4 2006, 05:21 AM

"I never understood how those pyromaniacal nutjobs could bitch about their job. Most of the time we just let them burn everything, it's a shop class reject's wetdream for crying out loud. But in the meantime we don't really have a cage back at HQ for werewolves we can use, nor do we need another pet. So I guess I'll give the boys down at the Santa Rosa Institute a call, I'm sure they'd appreciate something new and live for a change." I explained after my little rant about the cleanup crew.

But in the meantime the vamps were most likely leaving town, so I figured the best course of action would be to enjoy the rest of the night at the hotel, maybe pick up a pizza before the local pizza joint closed, play some poker, and then talk with the remaining police in the morning.

OOC: Ok I'm going to leave this open for another day or so in the event that somebody has something important to say, and then I'm closing this so we can get to our next mission.

--------------------
user posted image
Judder
Posted: Dec 4 2006, 07:48 AM

Team Leader

Member No.: 19

OOC: I almost left a loose end myself.

IC:
Razor came limping out of the brush towards Roncas and John. A nasty bruise shows why he is limping. He is carrying the sling of Judder's shotgun in his mouth. He drags it to John and lays down whimpering. A look into his eyes show that he misses his freind and owner.

OOC: All i can do im bushed. That ties my loose end up. Cyber you got Razor for a while.

--------------------
user posted image
Jay
Posted: Dec 4 2006, 07:13 PM

Memories...

Member No.: 34

OOC: Just a small note pertaining to my loose end here. Jay's whereabouts are currently unknown, to the vampires as well as the FVZA. It'll be addressed in the next mission.
Alaska
Posted: Dec 5 2006, 02:16 PM

Agent Alaska, Shadow

[Alright, I dub my post the closer, then Death Manor II is closed and we can move onto the Undead. W00T! Oh, Templar, a Vampire would have an extraordinarily difficult time being able to use their Fast-Twitch muscles effectively if they had suffered all the wounds you had, they need a lot of energy, you must realize. That, and Alaska could just as well of been using Fast-Twitch muscles to punch you, as they exist in people who do, say, Weight Training. Basically I'm saying an Agent without wounds who had just been running for a small time would have the possibility of over-powering a vampire. Not saying I should've, saying I could have.]

Alaska had frequently gone around the area where the skirmish occured, for he was still wondering why they hadn't tried to bite him, last time he had checked skirmishes didn't prevent bloodsuckers from, well, bloodsucking. This time, even, the Dragonskin would've stopped it, but it's just that they didn't. Something was behind it, whatever their purpose for being in Montana was, it obviously couldn't contain good. The Order didn't have a history of things that are, as it were, socially acceptable, Hell, acceptable at all. Kidnapping the Agent was only the start of things, he'd be lucky if he got out a Leech.

He scratched his chin, for the most part, everything else was looking up, a large number of Vampires were now dead, a Lycan or whatever the Hell it was was sleeping peacefully in a cave or somewhere else, so the threat was down. The mission, was, for the most part, extremely successful, and that's what HQ wanted to here, and that's why they told him to bring everyone in afterward.

"Federal Vampire and Zombie Agency Caroline speaking" Alaska's eyes lit up, "Caroline, I need you to patch me up top." no tone, then, "Identification?" Ugh... "Agent Alaska, code S9-1M-12W-GM"(It'd make sense don't bitch) "Alright, Agent Alaska, I will connect you immediately." Hold music, At least the music's good "Field Mission Director FVZA." Alaska relayed everything that occured, "Sir, we captured the Lycan and over a dozen vampires are dead, we have an agent missing, however. Taken by Order Vampires. Please Advise." Only a few moments elapsed between his statement and the reply, "As this is Order business nothing's going to happen without bloodshed. Your objectives have been complete, however, so, Agent Alaska, you are to return to HQ ASAP. No questions." Alaska had nothing else to say except, "Yes, sir. We will be there."

He clicked on his radio and spoke, "All FVZA Agents, this is Agent Alaska speaking. We are to return to Headquarters immediately. They've closed the mission. The missing agent is another priority, but not our immediate one. There's a Government plane already waiting at an Airport nearby, I'm moving out ASAP. You all are to as well, and no, that's not a suggestion. It's an order."

DEATH MANOR II is... CLOSED!
Templar
Posted: Dec 5 2006, 06:17 PM

QUOTE (Alaska @ Dec 5 2006, 09:16 AM)
[Oh, Templar, a Vampire would have an extraordinarily difficult time being able to use their Fast-Twitch muscles effectively if they had suffered all the wounds you had, they need a lot of energy, you must realize. That, and Alaska could just as well of been using Fast-Twitch muscles to punch you, as they exist in people who do, say, Weight Training. Basically I'm saying an Agent without wounds who had just been running for a small time would have the possibility of over-powering a vampire. Not saying I should've, saying I could have.]

OOC: OK, you have no idea what you are talking about. You can't just "use" fast twitch muscles, certain muscles of your body are made up of the fast twitch variety. Vampires just so happen to have the majority of their muscles of that type. The muscles exist in everyone, regardless of "weight training" as you put it. Also, you had about a split second to overpower me with one hand before Yuri came and kicked you, and against a 60 year old vampire that has had all the training in his mortal days plus the 30 years as a vampire... don't you think that particular bloodsucker would be quite above your young little shadow's strength even with the wounds he had? I certainly think so. You had your arm pulled all the way back with your elbow bent to punch me. I simply threw out my arm and locked my elbow. In that position, you have nearly no chance of overpowering anything, much less one of the "close-combat fanatics" that we vampires are.

So cut the shit and shut your mouth Alaska, you and your little "know-it-all" attitude isn't flying around here.

--------------------
user posted image
Cyber78
Posted: Dec 5 2006, 07:30 PM

OOC: I've got a Jeep here that we can't just load on your typical airplane, so I'm driving back.

Anyhow I'll leave this thread open until midnight tonight (central time zone) for OOC comments, and then I'll lock it. But no in character stuff anymore.

Oh and finally, there's always the issue of the average vampire being roughly five times stronger than the average human. So I figure a well trained vampire vs. a well trained human will result in the vampire being significantly stronger. Although that's not to say that strength is everything, wit and skill counts for a lot too.

--------------------
user posted image
Alaska
Posted: Dec 5 2006, 08:10 PM

Agent Alaska, Shadow

QUOTE (Templar @ Dec 5 2006, 06:17 PM)
QUOTE (Alaska @ Dec 5 2006, 09:16 AM)
[Oh, Templar, a Vampire would have an extraordinarily difficult time being able to use their Fast-Twitch muscles effectively if they had suffered all the wounds you had, they need a lot of energy, you must realize. That, and Alaska could just as well of been using Fast-Twitch muscles to punch you, as they exist in people who do, say, Weight Training. Basically I'm saying an Agent without wounds who had just been running for a small time would have the possibility of over-powering a vampire. Not saying I should've, saying I could have.]

OOC: OK, you have no idea what you are talking about. You can't just "use" fast twitch muscles, certain muscles of your body are made up of the fast twitch variety. Vampires just so happen to have the majority of their muscles of that type. The muscles exist in everyone, regardless of "weight training" as you put it. Also, you had about a split second to overpower me with one hand before Yuri came and kicked you, and against a 60 year old vampire that has had all the training in his mortal days plus the 30 years as a vampire... don't you think that particular bloodsucker would be quite above your young little shadow's strength even with the wounds he had? I certainly think so. You had your arm pulled all the way back with your elbow bent to punch me. I simply threw out my arm and locked my elbow. In that position, you have nearly no chance of overpowering anything, much less one of the "close-combat fanatics" that we vampires are.

So cut the shit and shut your mouth Alaska, you and your little "know-it-all" attitude isn't flying around here.

Alright, covering everything said (Because me mentioning something OOC is clear room to be a dickhead.)

Note, an average Human, and as there is no indication of how strong an average human in relation to an average vampire is, there's a good as Hell chance that there's a human somewhere in the world that's going to be stronger than vampires. So yes, a strong to very strong man would probably be many times stronger than your average joe, which is what is indicated, but that's not my point.

I know good and fucking well that you can't just "Use" Fast-Twitch Muscles, and yes, I know that a Vampires body contains more Fast-Twitch than Slow-twitch, what that means, is opposed to say, John Doe, having Fast-Twitch in his legs but not his arms, whereas a Vampire with Fast in his arms and legs.

Bur Alaska obviously would, seeing as he would need them in his legs so that he could get out of a situation fast. (Because you would've bothered to explain them if you really were so diehard about the point) Let's make a situation, Alaska has just seen a group of vampires, he works out so his Muscles have become of the Fast-Twitch variety, (And it happens and you can look it up) so what he does is he turns around and breaks off running.

There are two basic forms of Fast-Twitch Muscles, first, "Intermediate", which contain a high capacity to contract under conditions of Aerobic Energy production, or Anaerobic energy production.

The second basic form is the type all of your are farmiliar with, the "Turbo-Charged", any predator animal has them, it allows, say, a Lion to sprint at its prey and then take it down in a short burst, and you already know it. This is what you, Templar, are using.

The fast-twitch muscles allow him to run faster and harder, that's also what gives people who workout better running times and whatnot, and what the whole of this may sound like is a Crash-course through Muscles, it's part of my point.

My point, is Alaska, who has not had to do anything too stressful (Toward his physique, mind you.) Whereas Vincent, who's had bullet wounds and now a knife sticking into his thigh, would've already expended a lot of energy, and his muscles would already be tiring, as everyone's would (Because it'd be stupid to argue that your character isn't exhausted.) not instantly be able to incapacitate Alaska, as they both would have Fast-Twitch muscles in their arms (And we can debate who's got more but it'd be dumb.) Because Alaska would be relying on them (Although not knowing) to deliver one hell of a good punch, otherwise me, being the person I am would'nt have had him try and punch a Vampire, but just stab him again.

Ugh, to round this up.

Alaska stabs Vincenet, then begins to punch, Vincent, relying on Fast Twitch (Turbo-Charged) same with Alaska, would block, then grab and attempt, and do so to Incapacitate Alaska. My point is, Alaska, being under much less physical stress, and being someone who works-out, and someone who as his career life has entitled, complete physical duress and workouts that would make training courses that last years look like shit. (Because that's what they do at Westpoint and in the Military.) Would have just as good of a damn chance of having a punch sink on a Vampire who has bullet wounds and a Large knife wound, THAT'S WHY HE PUNCHED. Duh.

It's not a strength contest, because obviously Vampires and the Fast-Twitch muscles would almost always win (I'm citing the Stomp-a-vampire-on-the-foot/kick-in-shin that the Site says would work)

Ugh, the point is, it's like Templar forgot that he had an Eight-Inch long knife sticking into his leg and bullet wounds, and managed to take down Alaska. It's just. Ugh. I didn't have enough of a problem to stop it because I don't like making Alaska God, but I didn't think the possibility should be ruled out that a Human could Punch a Vampire in the jaw.

And Cyber, get me average human cards then I'll talk on that matter.
Alaska
Posted: Dec 5 2006, 08:14 PM

Agent Alaska, Shadow

And Templar, sorry for sounding like a Know-it-all jackass. Clearly had I had a problem with it I would have done something more, but I was making the point of what your character had gone through in relation to Alaska. And I think I would'nt have done that much if you hadn't called me a Know-it-all but seriously, that's fucking annoying as Hell.
Cyber78
Posted: Dec 5 2006, 10:49 PM

Well I must say I'm quite impressed with the entire explanation on muscle type. A most excellent job you did. However I'm going to let you and templar work out if any changes are made, but my advice would be to live and let die and worry about it next mission.

--------------------
user posted image
Templar
Posted: Dec 6 2006, 12:24 AM

*Grumbles*

Templar didn't take down Alaska, Yuri did. Remember the whole kick to the ribs thing? Yeah, not the tired Vincent. Vincent just managed to hold the punch back.

Go ahead, post another comeback.

--------------------
user posted image
Alaska
Posted: Dec 6 2006, 12:44 AM

Agent Alaska, Shadow

XD

No, seriously. I don't care. It's good he got kicked in the ribs. I just can never be wrong. It's the whole "Know-it-all" part of me. XD, naw, Alaska was overpowered and got kicked in the ribs by Yuri *cough*.
Cyber78
Posted: Dec 6 2006, 12:54 AM

Needless to say I'd say both Alaska and Templar are going to need an icey-hot patch before the next mission.

--------------------
user posted image
Alaska
Posted: Dec 6 2006, 01:10 AM

Agent Alaska, Shadow

That's what she said. You need to close this sucker up.
« Next Oldest | The Battlefield | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (7) « First ... 5 6 [7] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0326 seconds · Archive