zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Fvza Rpg. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (6) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Operation Nifty Viper, The alpha to the omega...?
Cyber78
Posted: Aug 8 2008, 12:54 AM

Adminbot3000's Alternate Personality

Group: FVZA Agent Command
Member No.: 2

Miller leapt off the back of a half ton truck as soon as it had arrived at its destination. He was still wearing his black suit and black fedora hat having lacked the time to change into a proper combat outfit. After disembarking from the truck he grabbed his bags and walked inside of the command center.

Outside the National Guard held perimeter around the infected town of Wilhelm a command center had hastily been established atop of a small gentle hill. It consisted almost entirely of tents that overlooked yet another farm in the seemingly endless expanse of corn fields. But in the distance one could see a few lights that indicated the location of Wilhelm, a small city of approximately twenty thousand people a few days previous.

Lightning bolts could be seen every few seconds in every direction and thunder boomed through storm clouds overhead. It was only about five in the evening but already the storm had plunged the area into darkness with the exception of the lightning bolts that gave a constant reminder to nature's fury. Rain continued to pour from the sky as if an entire lake were falling. The dirt had turned to mud, the roads were like Slip 'N' Slides, and nothing could stay dry.

"You must be Deputy Director Miller, I'm Colonel Taylor of the national guard." Said a military officer as soon as Miller walked in and extended his hand.

"Yeah, that's me. Nice to meet you Colonel. So has the situation changed at?" Replied Miller, shaking his hand.

"As much as I hate to say it, things have gone from bad to worse. The weather has gotten worse but it doesn't seem to be hampering these things that you've asked us to contain. My men have been having a difficult time with these things, and my snipers have had their sharpshooting reduced by this storm. Some combat meteorologist from the ANG has also informed me that we're even looking at the possibility of a tornado tonight." Explained the Colonel.

"Hmm... well I don't think that there's much we can do about that. So has the perimeter been holding up alright?" Asked Miller.

"The tactic of using the head shots has been effective when properly executed, but its been difficult to implement. My snipers have been doing most of the work, and my units without sniper support have been having to resort to drowning the enemy in overwhelming firepower. Thus far we've had some close calls with about twenty casualties, but we've managed to quarantine our infected and hold the line. Of course so far all we've encountered is groups of no more than ten enemies at at time, but the enemy offensives have been getting more and more frequent. I don't suppose you have any insight do you?" Reported the officer.

"I'd hazard to guess that they're running out of prey. Zombies aren't like your typical enemy soldier Colonel, they don't simply plan offensives or use battle strategies or anything like that. Instead they're more like predatory animals, they do what they do for food. Granted they do have some social instinct, but nothing complex enough for them to form actual strategies. Most likely they've consumed all they prey they can find in the city and are fanning out to find more. They don't see your soldiers as enemies so much as potential meals. I'd recommend expanding the perimeter so that the zombies don't know that your men are out there, that should keep them from knowing for sure that there's meals out here, which should slow their advances and buy us some time." Said Miller.

"Just one more thing, the data that your people sent me regarding this infection seems to be mistaken." Said the colonel.

"What do you mean?" Asked Miller.

"The time table from initial infection to reanimation is only half of what the data said it would be." Answered the colonel.

"Well sometimes it does vary amongst the old, the young, the sick, etc." Explained Miller.

"This was a perfectly healthy soldier in his early twenties of mine who went from being bitten to being a zombie in the span of only four hours." Said the colonel.

"Oh." Was the only response Miller could muster.

--------------------
user posted image
O_O
Posted: Aug 8 2008, 01:53 AM

Agent No. 84

Group: FVZA Agents
Member No.: 84

Ray walked out of the tent.

"Hello, sir!!" He yelled at Miller.

He had been there for awhile. He got an early plane, because his Dad's friend was a General and he called in a favor.

"Sir, we've been holding the perimeter well, but the number of casualities has increased each wave. We need to move in before all the zeds are at the borders making entry nearly impossible, though that would make it easier to move once inside the city. " He said quickly, watching as a new wave of zombies rush the borders. "And where is everybody else?"
Abnet
Posted: Aug 8 2008, 03:02 AM

Unarmed and Ranged Combat Expert

Member No.: 79

The Branson area. Earlier that day.

Leon walked through the door of a small convenient store located outside of Branson. If Alice was right this place was really an FVZA safehouse. He was greeted by a man with a thick Scottish accent.

"Can I help ye find anething?"
"Actually, yes. I'm looking for something to cure a bad case of HZV.
"Ah. I think I have just the thing for ye. Step come on back." The Scottsman replied as he opened a door behind the counter marked "Employees only".

Phew. This was the right place.

Leon stepped through the door and saw the Scotsman push a button on the wall. He heard gears moving and then the walls flipped around revealing racks of guns, ammo, and a bunch of different equipment.

"What can I get ye, agent?"
"I need something for close quarters and something for rain."
"Well for close quarters I have this." He pulled a Remington 870 with a flashlight mount.
"And for the rain I have this." He pointed to a set of black BDUs with a hood and a gas mask for face protection. It looked like something the SAS would wear.
"Anething else?"
"Um... Yeah. I'll need an ACOG scope, an extra flashlight, some flashbangs, and a tactical vest."
The Scotsman put everything on a table in the center of the room, along with a large dufflebag to carry it all in.
"That it?"
"Yeah thanks." Leon said as he packed everything up and left.

Outside Wilhelm. Prestent time.

Leon walked out of a tent in his full gear: "SAS" getup, REC7 in hand, Remington strapped to his back, M1911 at his side. He walked over to Miller and the other agent next to him.

He noticed Miller giving him a strange look. Leon lifted his gas mask, not realizing he was still wearing it and gave Miller a quick salute.

"Sorry sir. Agent Stevens reporting. What's the situation so far?"

--------------------
user posted image

“Keats and Yeats may be on your side, but I’m on Morrissey’s. Therefore, you fucking lose.” - Oscar Wilde
O_O
Posted: Aug 8 2008, 03:44 AM

Agent No. 84

QUOTE (Abnet @ Aug 7 2008, 10:02 PM)
...Miller and the guy next to him who he remembered to be the assassin he came across during his first mission

((OoC: Quick question, am I the assasin or is it Colonel whoever? It's probally not me, I haven't been around long and don't recall if I was ever an assasin.))
Abnet
Posted: Aug 8 2008, 04:37 AM

QUOTE (O_O @ Aug 8 2008, 03:44 AM)
QUOTE (Abnet @ Aug 7 2008, 10:02 PM)
...Miller and the guy next to him who he remembered to be the assassin he came across during his first mission

((OoC: Quick question, am I the assasin or is it Colonel whoever? It's probally not me, I haven't been around long and don't recall if I was ever an assasin.))

Oops. Wrong guy. Guess I should have checked my history. laugh.gif
Edited my last post.

--------------------
user posted image

“Keats and Yeats may be on your side, but I’m on Morrissey’s. Therefore, you fucking lose.” - Oscar Wilde
Cyber78
Posted: Aug 8 2008, 05:25 AM

OOC: I've made a few edits to keep things consistent, namely just switching the MP5's to the M1928 to fit with our armory and the name of the zombie virus. We go off of www.fvza.org where the zombies are caused by the Human Zombie Virus as opposed to Solanum. It's practically the same thing, but we have permission to use the FVZA's material for this RPG but not permission from Max Brooks. Sorry to be a bit uptight, but there's a few things I prefer to keep uniform.

IC: "Alright... seems like we've got a pretty ugly situation on our hands. Colonel, I think this reinforces the recomendation I just made; pull back your forces and a bit. There's not another town for at least fifty miles so we don't have much too loose by giving the zed's a bit more breathing room." Miller explained to the Colonel.

"Miller, I hope you realize that by widening the circle it thins out our lines. If we do fall under attack by the enemy it'll be easier for them to breach the perimeter. And don't forget that this weather means that we can't send reinforcements in good time." Countered the Colonel.

"Don't worry colonel. If you pull your men back it'll draw less zombies so their attacks will become less frequent and less intense. Besides, this terrain isn't going to allow you to hold your lines much longer anyhow. The corn fields are giving the zombies far too much cover and concealment to engage them at long range. The best option is to avoid the engagements and let us handle the bulk of the zeds." Miller said to the colonel.

Finally the colonel relented, "Alright, we'll do it your way. But I need your teams to get going on the offensive shortly, I don't have time to hold these things for much longer. I'll give you three hours to do what you need to do before I start leveling the city with artillery fire."

"Thank you colonel, that'll be all the time we need." Miller said gratefully.

After his exchange with the military officer in charge, Miller walked over to his agents and began with the orders.

"Ok, the situation is something like this; there seems to be a weaponized strain of the Human Zombie Virus going around that works twice as fast. The weather is terrible so the zombies have the sensory advantage on us, and there's no chance of air support. And now we've got three hours to get enough done to convince the colonel not to level the city. That's especially important if we're still in the city when the clock runs out. So despite the fact that we're walking into a strategic and tactical nightmare, I agree with Ray. We're going to need to move out soon, so get ready to move in shortly." Miller said to the agents.

Pulling out his radio Miller said "All agents, human or vampire, get ready to begin the assault in fifteen minutes.". He then grabbed his gear and went to another tent to change into a combat outfit and ready his equipment.

--------------------
user posted image
Rhodes
Posted: Aug 8 2008, 10:15 AM

MSI-Level 1 (Military Sniper Intelligence)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 41

((OOC sorry gents for being tardy..work and schtuff)))

Rhodes made his stop off at the safe house before making his way to the town of Wilhelm. Reading the file brief on the computer, the vamp agent realized he was in for a rough run with zeds, as well as keeping an eye on his back regarding trigger happy vamp-hating FVZA agents. However the substantial money involved balanced the risk.

Why does this always happen to me?

Hopping on his 'Busa a short time later, Rhodes made it to the op area in record time that would make a Cannonballer's head spin. Sucking in a deep breath, the vampire, dressed in a black ops jumpsuit, kevlar vest, and wrestling shoes, approached the gathering of army tents and associated military personnel. Amid side glances and unfamiliar stares, Rhodes responded to the colonels inquiry.

"That's because this virus isn't the normal run of the mill zed infection. It's been enhanced for a much faster conversion rate. Normally a healthy bitten person has about a 50/50 chance of surviving. This new bug is 98% lethal," said Rhodes from behind the men, approaching nearly silent.

When the men turned to see who had spoke, Rhodes nodded to Miller.

"Agent Miller. Almost a pleasure to see you again. Under different circumstances albeit, my enemy's enemy is my friend, as it were. My employer has sent me to assist you. I'll need a radio frequency for this mission," said Rhodes with some authority.

Rhodes had armed himself with a MP5 outfitted with a suppressor and ACOG optics. His side arms strapped under his arms were twin .45 ACPs. He'd packed along his trusty silenced .22's inside his jumpsuit. Tucked on his back were several flash bangs and frag grenades.

--------------------
*exhale of smoke*...so you think you have a price.
user posted image
Abnet
Posted: Aug 8 2008, 01:45 PM

Edited my post again for a gear change if that's alright.
I swapped out the tommy gun for the REC7 I had last mission.

--------------------
user posted image

Maelstrom
Posted: Aug 8 2008, 04:43 PM

Hunter

Member No.: 60

(OOC: My agent is a Shadow. Is it okay if I had him dropped in to a high rooftop with personal defense weapons, a radio, and other observation equipment to act as an Overwatch?)

--------------------
"Evil triumphs when good men do nothing."-Edmund Burke
user posted image
AgentBenson
Posted: Aug 8 2008, 05:07 PM

Soldier

Member No.: 70

Eric came out of the tent and adjusted his glasses as he was dressed in a flak jacket and a combat helmet he was carrying a colt 45 at his hip and on his back was a rec 7 he patted the new assult rifle on his back prefering it over his shotgun he then smilled and looked at miller "good to see you agian sir just got in an hour ago from florida"

--------------------
What was that? You can't believe you just got your ass kicked by a four eyed nut job?...What? Oh, you think I'm your daddy.

IT'S OVER 9000 !!!!!
Cyber78
Posted: Aug 8 2008, 08:12 PM

OOC: Abnet, that's totally fine. I'm glad to see people using the REC7's. Maelstrom, there's no air support so paradrop or helicopter rappel is out, but if you can find another way to get on to a rooftop then that's fine by me. Personally I'd recommend sneaking into town and then using parkour or free running, it's a very ninja like way of moving around urban areas.

IC: After a quick change of outfit Miller had switched from being suitable in a Fortune 500 boardroom to something more suitable for a different kind of hostile environment. Over a dark gray jumpsuit resembling a flightsuit he wore a kevlar vest, elbowpads, kneepads, utility belt, and ruck sack. He wore black boots and gauntleted biker style gloves for an extra edge in hand to hand work. Around his neck hung a pair of nightvision goggles, and he had a gasmask raised atop his head, ready to be put on at a moment's notice. For weapons he wielded a REC7, an M1911 with a silencer, a couple of flashbang grenades, a Ka-bar knife in his boot, and his Ruger short sword sheathed along his rucksack.

"Eric, good to see you. You got here just in time, I hear they've been canceling all flights in the region due to the severe thunderstorms." Miller said to Agent Benson before turning his attention to Rhodes.

"Rhodes, I'm glad we could come to this alliance of sorts. Because you're absolutely right, it's a matter of we share a common enemy and right now they've got the upper hand. We're operating on 1900 kHz." Miller said to Rhodes while being very careful to maintain eye contact.

"Right then, let's get this show on the road" Miller said to the entire group.

--------------------
user posted image
AgentBenson
Posted: Aug 8 2008, 08:48 PM

Soldier

Member No.: 70

h€e watched the two men talk looking back and forth between them eric just shook his head he then looked at miller "whats the plan sir" he asked hus nerves having calmed down a bit seeing that the vampire was on thier side.

--------------------
What was that? You can't believe you just got your ass kicked by a four eyed nut job?...What? Oh, you think I'm your daddy.

IT'S OVER 9000 !!!!!
O_O
Posted: Aug 8 2008, 09:41 PM

Agent No. 84

Ray checked his equipment. Magnums, check. Silenced MP5, check. Spas-12, check. Ammo, check. Tactical vest, Helmet, Nightvision Goggles, check, check, check. He was ready.

"So, what's the plan, sir? Are we gonna go in guns a-blazing, or a more tactical entry?"
O_O
Posted: Aug 9 2008, 01:13 AM

Agent No. 84

((Cyber, we're waiting on you. Post. Now T_T ))
Maelstrom
Posted: Aug 9 2008, 03:50 AM

Hunter

Member No.: 60

(OOC: Okay, the rain is probably making it a little too slippery for Parkour. I'll figure out something. Gonna switch to third person for this one.)

The rain was positively pouring from the skies now. Fat droplets sprinkling off already soaked surfaces. A pair of headlights punch through the downpour and the noise of a car engine draws near.

The black suburban practically screamed "government black-ops" with its tinted windows and conspicuously modified wheels. Even the doors were heavy from bulletproof reinforcement as it lazily swung open. A booted leg stepped out onto the wet pavement, followed by the large poncho-swathed figure of Warren Harding Jr.

Wiping the raindrops from his brow, the Shadow Agent nodded to Miller.

"Evening, sir. Hell of a situation here, isn't it?"

--------------------
"Evil triumphs when good men do nothing."-Edmund Burke
user posted image
Cyber78
Posted: Aug 9 2008, 04:40 AM

"Hell of a situation? I'd have to agree. Now for this one we're going to need to make an incursion to some very specific sites. There are five air raid sirens in town that we need to activate in order to lure the zombies to them. There's one at the town center next to the fire station and police station, one near the shopping mall on the north end of town, one by the Wal-Mart on the south end of town, one by the high school to the east, and one to the west surrounded by townhomes and apartments. The problem is that each one is next to structures likely to be housing survivors. Since we'll be attracting large amounts of zombies, and eventually a lot of firepower to those locations we'll need to evacuate the survivors nearby any of the air raid sirens." Said Miller before pausing to let everyone take in his plan.

Continuing Miller stated "We'll have to split up to activate each siren as quickly as possible. Whether to go in stealthy or with guns blazing is entirely up to whomever would like to lead a team to each siren. Just remember that once you activate each one you're going to be swarmed with zombies from all directions, so make sure that you have a quick exit plan. I'll lead the foray into the center of town but I need volunteers to lead the other teams."

--------------------
user posted image
O_O
Posted: Aug 9 2008, 04:47 AM

Agent No. 84

Ray stepped up. "Sir, i may be fairly new to the agency, but I'd like to lead a team. However, I have a question - Why does this town have Air Raid Sirens?"
Cyber78
Posted: Aug 9 2008, 05:42 AM

"You might be new, but I'm willing to trust you with the job. As for those air raid sirens, they're relics of the cold war. A lot of towns built them back then and mostly use them for severe weather warnings anymore. They should be on right now, but seeing as there's no one left to man them it'll be up to us. Now let's move out." Explained Miller.

--------------------
user posted image
O_O
Posted: Aug 9 2008, 06:40 AM

Agent No. 84

((Have to get off in 30, gonna try helping more tomorrow. ))

"Sir, I'm taking the mall, My plan is quick, and I should be able to get there quickest." Ray declared confidently.

Ray briefed his men. They would go for the mall, because of the high chance of a group of survivors, and since his plan was basically trying to be swift, he also thought he could get their the quickest. They would follow Miller, then break and go for the mall. After getting any survivors and activating the alarm, he would then exit the town, and go around it, where they would hopefully be less zombies.

"Alright, when miller goes, we follow him. Check your equipment. It's gonna be a bumby ride. "
Abnet
Posted: Aug 9 2008, 07:46 PM

Leon decied to step up.

"I guess I'll lead the other team. I have some experience with dealing with zombies in this kind of environment anyway. I'm planning on heading for the town center. I'm assuming that there will be a heavy concentration of hostiles, zombie or otherwise, so anybody that wants in on some action feel free to come with."

--------------------
user posted image

« Next Oldest | The Battlefield | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (6) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0336 seconds · Archive