zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Fvza Rpg. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

Help Create the Story Thus Far
Arnold Johnston
Posted: Nov 27 2006, 04:19 AM

Hunter

Group: Non-Affiliated
Member No.: 37

Yes... Wiki is a good source of info... but they also have a lot of trash in there. An encyclopedia that anyone can edit isn't the best thing in the world. There's no way to ensure that the source isn't just making shit up. Steve Colbert proved it when he told all his viewers to go on to Wiki and change the article for some endangered species to say that the population has increased 30 times in the last year, and it worked... then someone spilled the beans and they stopped editing of that topic so they could fix it.

--------------------
silence is aquiesence...
Arnold Johnston
Posted: Nov 27 2006, 04:21 AM

Hunter

Member No.: 37

Though there seems to be some debate on my last statement... tongue.gif I use Wiki, mostly because I can weed through the bullshit to find real info. That is my job after all wink.gif

--------------------
silence is aquiesence...
Templar
Posted: Nov 27 2006, 04:27 AM

Vampire/Proper English Mod

Group: Vampire Command
Member No.: 35

Much appreciated Arnold.

--------------------
user posted image
Zippo
Posted: Dec 4 2006, 12:24 AM

Armory agent (ret.)

Group: FVZA Agents
Member No.: 45

Alright, if I'm head of Gunnery, forgetting Zippo

I feel alone and un-wanted now, but ready to toss my two cents in.

--------------------
Agent Sam 'Zippo' Edison
FVZA Armory Chief
Captain; USMCR

"You, you, and you ... Panic. The rest of you, come with me."
- U.S. Marine Corp Gunnery Sgt.
Cyber78
Posted: Dec 4 2006, 12:26 AM

Adminbot3000's Alternate Personality

Group: FVZA Agent Command
Member No.: 2

Well now that you're here I suppose I can have the two of you heading up the armory.

--------------------
user posted image
Zippo
Posted: Dec 4 2006, 12:51 AM

Armory agent (ret.)

Member No.: 45

Good. I'm keeping an eye on you Alaska ninja.gif

--------------------
Agent Sam 'Zippo' Edison
FVZA Armory Chief
Captain; USMCR

"You, you, and you ... Panic. The rest of you, come with me."
- U.S. Marine Corp Gunnery Sgt.
HonkyGoth
Posted: Dec 14 2006, 10:42 AM

Fresh Blood

Group: Civilians
Member No.: 52

How about being able to personalize our handguns a little? Like maybe we can get approved to pack a .38 or a .9mm as long as it meets standards?

Or how about doing like like real police depatments do it, with a budget? Smaller depatments get less money per department so they have some sub-par items? Like maybe an "office" for each region that gets its own budget and then all the "offices" have to answer to an HQ?

BTW im a BIG fan of the Colt Trooper biggrin.gif and the Glock 20C biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
ruralphalanx
Posted: Dec 19 2006, 06:01 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 54

QUOTE (Arnold Johnston @ Nov 20 2006, 05:18 PM)
QUOTE (Cyber78 @ Nov 15 2006, 03:28 AM)
Although you have good points on the M1928, I've heard that MP5's a pretty expensive too.  So if price is the concern then I guess SMG's are kind of ruled out in general for us.

Anyhow since you tend to have good judgement on rifles, I'm going to trust your judgement on the rifles and nominate the AW Accuracy International Sniper Rifle.  But for now I'm starting have reservations about assault rifles considering that we're more of a police agency.  I'm thinking the M-16 would be good, but I'm thinking we should only use them in the case of a large assault or something big like that.

In all honesty, the best (and cheapest) sniper rifle you can get is a Remington 700. They're chamberd to Winchester .308 so they have an effective range of 800m to a point target. They're fairly cheap ($587 a piece compared to several thousand for the AW) and they're extremely reliable. The Remington 700 is the same rifle that S.W.A.T. teams across the United States use, it is also the same rifle that the United States Marine Corps Scout Snipers use.

Additionally I'd like to address the M1 Garand issue... it's a great rifle, I've got one in real life, but I paid a F***ING BOAT LOAD for it... mine cost $1400, it seems silly for a non-competative shooter, but it's a really nice rifle. The problem is this, it's a .308, that round is going to cut through a zombie and go right into whatever is behind it, and if I was in CQB with that thing I'd be screwed. Not to mention that they're pretty heavy too, mine's 9.5 lbs unloaded, so figure about 10 lbs. Do you really want to lug a 10lb weapon around with you for however long you'll need to when you could just as easily have a M4A4 that weighs half as much and works just as well, if not better? It's a fine weapon, but an 8 shot "clip" that pinches the crap out of your thumb every time you reload, and it weighing 10lbs just isn't practical.

The garand isn't .308 winchester... it's .30-06.

Plus, only newbs get their thumbs pinched when reloading a Garand, it's really not that hard after 20-30 reloads.

--------------------
user posted image
Alaska
Posted: Dec 19 2006, 11:43 PM

Agent Alaska, Shadow

Member No.: 26

'Newbs' The fuck is that supposed to mean?

And by M4A4, perhaps you were referring to the M4?

The way our department works is apparently Cyber decided we weren't good enough for modern weapons, so we get stuck with WW2 weapons, so the M4's time will come, but not right now.
Cyber78
Posted: Dec 19 2006, 11:52 PM

That's the gist of it. Although the M14's and M79's were Vietnam era, while the Remington 700's are actually pretty modern.

--------------------
user posted image
ruralphalanx
Posted: Dec 20 2006, 01:28 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 54

QUOTE (Alaska @ Dec 19 2006, 11:43 PM)
'Newbs' The fuck is that supposed to mean?

And by M4A4, perhaps you were referring to the M4?

The way our department works is apparently Cyber decided we weren't good enough for modern weapons, so we get stuck with WW2 weapons, so the M4's time will come, but not right now.

Newb = newbie. Somebody who is new to something and lacks experience.

If you're new to reloading a Garand, you are a newb when it comes to reloading a Garand.

Basically, if you are new to it, you will get your thumb "bit." But after getting used to it, your thumb wont be "bit." So the premise of your thumb being pinched every time you reload is just preposterous.

I didn't write M4A4, that would be Arnold Johnson. I think he confused the M16A4 and the M4A1.

--------------------
user posted image
TheTrivialist
Posted: Feb 21 2007, 02:31 AM

Fresh Blood

Member No.: 63

Here are some ideas for weapons.

class one: rare/ expensive (maybe only able to offord one that must be aproved for use)

http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galle...s/3100/3122.htm

class two: only one or two to a department.

http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galle...s/2200/2286.htm

class three: standard issue. can vary some what depending on what deals idividual departments can make.

http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galle...s/3000/3077.htm

http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galle...s/1600/1618.htm

http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galle...s/3100/3133.htm

http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galle...s/1000/1039.htm
TheTrivialist
Posted: Feb 24 2007, 09:01 PM

Fresh Blood

Member No.: 63

I was thinking perhaps we could use uzis or mac .45s like the secret service.

http://www.machinegundealer.com/uzirigs.html
Cyber78
Posted: Feb 25 2007, 12:57 AM

--------------------
user posted image
« Next Oldest | OOC Forum | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0257 seconds · Archive