zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Fvza Rpg. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Help Create the Story Thus Far
Jason Drake
Posted: Nov 17 2006, 12:25 AM

Rookie

Group: FVZA Agents
Member No.: 28

I think we also need some kind of Combat knife. Like the USMC KA-BAR knife. Unlike i sword it easy to hide and in case of a close encounter with a vampire, it would be better than a handgun. Using them against a zombie would be out of the question
Cyber78
Posted: Nov 17 2006, 12:34 AM

Adminbot3000's Alternate Personality

Group: FVZA Agent Command
Member No.: 2

Agreed that we need a knife.

--------------------
user posted image
Boom
Posted: Nov 17 2006, 01:42 AM

Fresh Blood

Group: Civilians
Member No.: 21

you all know that the FVZA was real right?
Cyber78
Posted: Nov 17 2006, 01:56 AM

Incharacter it was real, and a new one has been reestablished in order to counter a resurging vampire and zombie population. Out of character, we're determining what this agency will look like and what it will use.

Anyhow on to weaponry. I'm not too sure on the M4. It's a carbine, which means that as far as our missions are concerned it'll probably do a very similar job to an SMG. And personally I'd much rather have an SMG since the 9mm ammo won't overpenetrate as badly as 5.56. So personally in CQ situations (which is where civilians are likely to be) I'd prefer to stay away from assault rifles and assault rifle ammo.

An assault rifle might be good for a large scale outdoors assault, but for indoors I'd much rather use shotguns and something using pistol ammo. Now Tsumari is indeed correct that a Winchester 94 is good for small amounts of targets, but not so much for large hordes. The idea behind using a Winchester is that it's a relatively common police rifle, and is perfect for dealing with small groups of enemies without using inappropriate force. So ammo will be plentiful in an emergancy, and won't attract all the attention of an assault rifle. That and they're apparently easier to use and train for with than an assault rifle.

--------------------
user posted image
KJ Crush
Posted: Nov 17 2006, 07:00 AM

Regular

Group: Non-Affiliated
Member No.: 30

Aside from Weaponry, I have an idea for the overall storyline of why the FVZA was brought back. Now I'm trying to push the werewolf idea, seeing as how, I am a werewolf fanatic, and I think the FVZA's more realistic look on things, can make the werewolf idea even better. Anyway this is my idea....

A few outbreaks of Vampire's and Zombies are reported, but one day the FVZA recieves information, about a string of livestock attacks. Something the FVZA doesn't usually do, but in this case the targets were larger prey. Crows and Horses were being torn to shreds, something you're average predator dosn't have the ability to do, so they sent some guys out, and the set up a stake out, the find out it's a pack of werewolves, they manage to capture one and what ever from there...

Thats jmust off the top of my head but what ever...

--------------------
Tsumari
Posted: Nov 17 2006, 11:09 AM

Chief Truthiness Director

Group: FVZA Agents
Member No.: 18

I'm a werewolf fanatic myself, but I agree with Cyber that they should be used sparingly. We don't want to turn this into the "Werewolves and Sometimes Vampires and Zombies, Too Agency."

--------------------
"Jesus is right-handed, like all Christians." -Dr. Stephen T Colbert, DFA
KJ Crush
Posted: Nov 17 2006, 08:05 PM

Regular

Member No.: 30

Well obviously Werewolves wouldn't be the main focus, but they would be a new threat for this newly born FVZA to take on. The old FVZA never really dealt with werewolves, so they uncover what little resaerch they had on they Werewolves and begin to work on eradicating them. And of course Vampires and Zombies would be a hassle to, but the FVZA are highly trained, and usually make short work of both, but with werewolves that have been studied so little it could add a feeling of the unknown. I dunno still just an idea.

--------------------
Arnold Johnston
Posted: Nov 20 2006, 04:15 PM

Hunter

Member No.: 37

QUOTE (Alaska @ Nov 15 2006, 02:58 AM)
Alright, if I'm head of Gunnery, forgetting Zippo we do need to keep things realistic, and thus, I think we should outline the guns and whatnot, starting with the M1928 and the Garand.

We need to reinforce the whole "Poor Stepchild" thing and remember that even if the Garand is still used, there's no way we'll be getting a M1928. I'd say we still keep things realistic, and thus suggest the following weapons:

Rifles(Standard, not Assault):
SIG SG550-1 Sniper Rifle
Semi-Automatic
5.56MM NATOs
This is a highly-accurate semi-automatic Sniper Rifle. Not having to deal with the bolt action is simply an added bonus. The SG550-1 is as effective in Close Quarters as it is at ranges. This is a gun we need.

AW Accuracy International Sniper Rifle
Bolt-Action
7.62MM NATOs
This also is a highly-accurate rifle, albeit bolt-action. However, the justification for the bolt action comes from its extreme power. Being able to blow the head and soldiers off of a zombie at 500 yards just shows the greatness of such a rifle. Although not effective in Close-Combat, the range more than makes up for it. Of any of the three rifles pick this one.

Steyr Scout
Bolt-Action
7.62/5.56MM NATOs
Of the three rifles, this is the most accurate. The Scout is one of the most reliable and-fast firing bolt-action rifles currently in production. As well as low rapport, this gun is very versatile and effective at 400 yards. If you want strength and reliability, this is the gun to go.

Assault Rifles:

M16A2
Fully Automatic/Semi-Automatic
5.56MM NATOs
The M16, although holding less glamour than the M4, is actually a much more effective rifle at distances, and is still used within the Military. Tracing back to its roots in Vietnam, the M16 was one of the great assault rifles of the time.

M4A1
Fully Automatic/Semi-Automatic
5.56MM NATOs
The M4 is probably the most popular assault rifle of today, on reputation alone. Seen in many movies with the various add-ons, such as the M203 Grenade Launcher(None of which we'll get for now) The M4 is effective at distances, just not as much as the M16.

SMG
I'm just going to cover one for now.

MP5
Fully Automatic
9x19 Parabellum
The MP5 is the SMG you've seen most in moves, however, it lives up to its reputation. With the extremely good aim along with the amazing power output. Holding standard 30-round magazines, along with extremely low recoil. However, the MP5 is typically better suited for Specialized Government Agencies(Hint Hint) or police Forces, not military.

For legitmacy purposes the Armory should- At this point- Only contain government issued weapons as well as explosive devices(i.e.; Frags, Flashbangs) Not things like AKs or Katanas. We are trying to be a legitimate Government program, not some underhanded god-supplied force, else we wouldn't need that much funding.

(sorry for making my first post a contradictory post... but I do feel the need to make a correction or two.)

The M16A2-A4 assault rifles do not have a fully automatic firing mode. They are capable of semi-automatic fire and a three round burst. The differences between the A2 and the A4 are the front grips of the rifle. The A2, similar to the A1 (which does have fully automatic fire) has a two piece molded front hand guard that has an aluminum insert underneath the plastic to help distribute heat durring fast firing.

The M16A4 uses a rail integrated system (RIS) to place plastic hand plates on the rifle. This allows for use of many different attachements to the front of rifle such as flashlights, laser sights (which imho are the most riduculous invnetion ever), and vertical hand grips. This also helps with the dispursal of heat. Additionally on the A4 the carrying handle is removeable and can be replaced with any number of off the shelf optic systems for a medium range point fire system.

The M4 has gone through just as many iderations as the M16 has, and it has maintained a few constants, one being that it is the ONLY assault rifle in use by the US Military (and by use I mean mass usage, not small special units) that is capable of fully automatic fire. The most current version of the M4 is the M4A4. Here are the slight differences between all the versions.

M4A1 - Shortened version of the M16. No colapseable stock (solid stock like the M16), no rail system, permanantly attached carrying handle.

M4A2 - Add colapseable stock as an option.

M4A3 - Add removable carry handle as option.

M4A4 - Add rail system as option.

The M16 and M4 have the same Maximum effective ranges. 550m to a point target, 800m to an area target. Basically this means that if you're going to be shooting at a person without the aid of an optic system your maximum range for effective shots at a single target is 550 meters. Area targets are pretty self explanitory. So which one you choose really depends on what type of operation they'll be used for. Close quarters? M16 is slightly more cumbersome than the M4, so the M4 is probably a better choice. Open city streets or any other outdoor situation? The M16 is the better choice.

That's just my two cents based on what I've seen in my time in the military. If I'm wrong about something, please let me know.
Arnold Johnston
Posted: Nov 20 2006, 05:18 PM

Hunter

QUOTE (Cyber78 @ Nov 15 2006, 03:28 AM)
Although you have good points on the M1928, I've heard that MP5's a pretty expensive too.  So if price is the concern then I guess SMG's are kind of ruled out in general for us.

Anyhow since you tend to have good judgement on rifles, I'm going to trust your judgement on the rifles and nominate the AW Accuracy International Sniper Rifle.  But for now I'm starting have reservations about assault rifles considering that we're more of a police agency.  I'm thinking the M-16 would be good, but I'm thinking we should only use them in the case of a large assault or something big like that.

In all honesty, the best (and cheapest) sniper rifle you can get is a Remington 700. They're chamberd to Winchester .308 so they have an effective range of 800m to a point target. They're fairly cheap ($587 a piece compared to several thousand for the AW) and they're extremely reliable. The Remington 700 is the same rifle that S.W.A.T. teams across the United States use, it is also the same rifle that the United States Marine Corps Scout Snipers use.

Additionally I'd like to address the M1 Garand issue... it's a great rifle, I've got one in real life, but I paid a F***ING BOAT LOAD for it... mine cost $1400, it seems silly for a non-competative shooter, but it's a really nice rifle. The problem is this, it's a .308, that round is going to cut through a zombie and go right into whatever is behind it, and if I was in CQB with that thing I'd be screwed. Not to mention that they're pretty heavy too, mine's 9.5 lbs unloaded, so figure about 10 lbs. Do you really want to lug a 10lb weapon around with you for however long you'll need to when you could just as easily have a M4A4 that weighs half as much and works just as well, if not better? It's a fine weapon, but an 8 shot "clip" that pinches the crap out of your thumb every time you reload, and it weighing 10lbs just isn't practical.

--------------------
silence is aquiesence...
Cyber78
Posted: Nov 20 2006, 10:16 PM

Those are some absolutely great points that I think we overlooked. I'll definatley take those into consideration.

--------------------
user posted image
Arnold Johnston
Posted: Nov 20 2006, 11:05 PM

Hunter

hooray for knowing way to much about firearms!

--------------------
silence is aquiesence...
Templar
Posted: Nov 22 2006, 03:03 AM

Vampire/Proper English Mod

Group: Vampire Command
Member No.: 35

Some people call it barbaric and philistine... I call it being prepared and always having that great ice breaker lined up.

--------------------
user posted image
TheConman
Posted: Nov 27 2006, 03:52 AM

Fresh Blood

Group: Civilians
Member No.: 42

Hey guys, I'm new. I was reading the previous posts and had a thought about our weapons. I am no fire arms expert, I'm just going to say that now, so bear with me.

I think our standard Sidearm should be the M1911, as its a proven weapon, and sexy. Also, the government probably has an assload in surplus. And since our budget is all crappy and such, that would help a boatload.

The SMG, well, thats up in the air. The MP5 can be had for as low as 400 a pop, and its a damn good gun when chambered in 9mm. but, since you guys want to use .45, what about the UMG, its pretty darn good isnt it? expensive yes, but worth it.

Sniper Rifle Remington 700. It works, and if you have to take a zombie out at 800m then you should just walk away. Your far enough that you aren't in any danger.

shotgun, I don't know enough about them so...

Any who, thats my two cents. *Puts on flame retardant suit*
Templar
Posted: Nov 27 2006, 04:03 AM

QUOTE (TheConman @ Nov 27 2006, 03:52 AM)
The SMG, well, thats up in the air. The MP5 can be had for as low as 400 a pop, and its a damn good gun when chambered in 9mm. but, since you guys want to use .45, what about the UMG, its pretty darn good isnt it? expensive yes, but worth it.

Sniper Rifle Remington 700. It works, and if you have to take a zombie out at 800m then you should just walk away. Your far enough that you aren't in any danger.

UMG? Do you mean the UMP?

And the FVZA is a Zombie and Vampire extermination agency. If you are 800m from a zombie and you are part of the FVZA, you are gunna want to pull the trigger.

You have good points though. Oh, and by the way, we are a generally friendly forum... no need for flaming.

... But then again it can always be fun... *Laughs evilly as he pulls out a flamethrower*

--------------------
user posted image
Arnold Johnston
Posted: Nov 27 2006, 04:07 AM

Hunter

QUOTE (TheConman @ Nov 26 2006, 10:52 PM)
Hey guys, I'm new. I was reading the previous posts and had a thought about our weapons. I am no fire arms expert, I'm just going to say that now, so bear with me.

I think our standard Sidearm should be the M1911, as its a proven weapon, and sexy. Also, the government probably has an assload in surplus. And since our budget is all crappy and such, that would help a boatload.

shotgun, I don't know enough about them so...

Any who, thats my two cents. *Puts on flame retardant suit*

There'll be no flaming, but I think that everyone could due with a little research into firearms.

The UMG isn't a real SMG, it's what G&G Armament called it's airsoft replication of the H&K (Heckler and Koch) UMP. The UMP (Universale Maschinenpistole) was created as a replacement to the aging MP5. The UMP is chambered in 9mm, .40 cal, and .45 cal.

Though some say that having a sidearm and a primary weapon that are chambered to the same caliber are a good idea, I tend not to agree... but hey, that's just my opinion. A .45 can really put a guy (or a zombie for this instance) on his ass.

--------------------
silence is aquiesence...
Templar
Posted: Nov 27 2006, 04:10 AM

Ah, the confusion came from an airsoft-to-real-gun conversion.

I was wondering for a second there.

--------------------
user posted image
Arnold Johnston
Posted: Nov 27 2006, 04:13 AM

Hunter

It seems to be a common thing here... that and confusing real guns with the guns from counter-strike... though I can't imagine why...

--------------------
silence is aquiesence...
Templar
Posted: Nov 27 2006, 04:16 AM

This is why Wikipedia is so good for today's youth.

--------------------
user posted image
Jay
Posted: Nov 27 2006, 04:18 AM

Memories...

Group: Vampires
Member No.: 34

I've generally found that Wikipedia contains more relevant information than many other sites, due to the open-editing thing:

Person 1: *posts info*
Person 2: *spots discrepancy and fixes, possibly posts new info*

And so on.
Templar
Posted: Nov 27 2006, 04:19 AM

It makes things just so much prettier when people work together like that.

--------------------
user posted image
« Next Oldest | OOC Forum | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 [2] 3 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0300 seconds · Archive