Create a free forum in seconds.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Fvza Rpg. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Weapons Regulations, New rules on use of weapons.
mike werewolf
  Posted: Aug 18 2007, 07:09 PM

Rookie

Group: Civilians
Member No.: 81

Can Mike use a Mark XIX Desert Eagle 50.AE with 50 cal. ammo and 10 inch barrel. huh.gif
Cyber78
Posted: Aug 19 2007, 03:41 AM

Adminbot3000's Alternate Personality

Group: FVZA Agent Command
Member No.: 2

You know I cannot understand people's fascinations with Desert Eagles. What with the recoil, the stove piping, and the limited mag capacity, I don't see the point.

But hey, suit yourself. Just keep to the regulations we have up there, and remember that the Desert Eagle does have it's flaws.

--------------------
user posted image
mike werewolf
Posted: Aug 19 2007, 07:05 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 81

Thats my gun that I bought from a friend of mine. I know its flaws too. Many people like it because its big and bad! biggrin.gif
Odst gunny
Posted: Aug 20 2007, 04:20 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 85

Took my fuckin weapon Mike lol laugh.gif

I have that excat weapon I bought mine at a specil handgun store!

--------------------
I CAME I SAW I KICKED YOUR ASS!
Abnet
Posted: Aug 20 2007, 04:30 AM

Unarmed and Ranged Combat Expert

Group: FVZA Agents
Member No.: 79

QUOTE (Cyber78 @ Aug 19 2007, 03:41 AM)
You know I cannot understand people's fascinations with Desert Eagles. What with the recoil, the stove piping, and the limited mag capacity, I don't see the point.

But hey, suit yourself. Just keep to the regulations we have up there, and remember that the Desert Eagle does have it's flaws.

Even so, when's the last time you saw something get back up after it took a Desert Eagle round to the chest?

--------------------
user posted image

“Keats and Yeats may be on your side, but I’m on Morrissey’s. Therefore, you fucking lose.” - Oscar Wilde
Odst gunny
Posted: Aug 20 2007, 04:43 AM

Rookie

QUOTE (Abnet @ Aug 20 2007, 04:30 AM)
QUOTE (Cyber78 @ Aug 19 2007, 03:41 AM)
You know I cannot understand people's fascinations with Desert Eagles.  What with the recoil, the stove piping, and the limited mag capacity, I don't see the point.

But hey, suit yourself.  Just keep to the regulations we have up there, and remember that the Desert Eagle does have it's flaws.

Even so, when's the last time you saw something get back up after it took a Desert Eagle round to the chest?

Good point my desert eagle can put a nice hole in someones chest!

--------------------
Arnold Johnston
Posted: Aug 20 2007, 07:35 AM

Hunter

Group: Non-Affiliated
Member No.: 37

QUOTE (Odst gunny @ Aug 19 2007, 11:20 PM)
"... I have that [sic] excat weapon I bought mine at a specil handgun store!"

Seriously... why would anyone pay $1250 for a handgun that holds 7 rounds and weighs 4.4 lbs completely unloaded? Let's take a look at reasons why anyone would need a handgun that fired .50 caliber bullets. Bear hunting... uh.... hmm... yeah, that's about it, and even then you're going way overboard with your choice of firearm. I own a Sig Sauer P229 .40 cal, and to be honest, I don't think I'd ever bother to replace it. First off, it's a good caliber for home defense, powerful enough to put someone down in one or two shots, and (so long as I'm using hollow points) weak enough to not go straight through the walls of my townhouse and kill my neighbor and their kid, and the family pet in the next unit past that one. And don't give me any shit about "but the .50 will put someone down in one hit and they won't get back up!" It's bullshit.

If someone breaks into my house while I'm there and I pull my gun on them one of three things will happen. A) They run. B) They stay right where they are with their hands in the air until the police arrive. C) They do something stupid, make me feel that my life is being threatened, and get shot.

If "C" is the option that occurs and I have either of those two fore mentioned firearms one shot is going to stop the retard. Whether I hit him in the arm, leg, chest, belly, or head one shot is going to put him down and likely keep him there. I don't know about the rest of you, but unless you're in a "combat" situation you're never really ready to be shot. In an every day situation (which that likely would be for someone breaking into my house) your adrenaline isn't going to start pumping fast enough to allow you to recover from a .40 to the chest or stomach and keep coming at me (unless you're on PCP or some other silly drug). Sure, the assailant might not die immediately, but how many people do you know personally that have been shot in the chest at close range and lived to tell the tale? I can name all of none (that weren't wearing body armor).

Now, for arguments sake, let's say my .40 hit them in the leg. Has anyone here actually been shot before? How about been next to someone when they were shot? I'm going to say that out of the 90 or so members here maybe two, three max can honestly say yes. And if you write back here and say yet, I'm going to want pictures to prove it, because most of you would say yes just to look cool. Anyhow... if said assailant gets shot in the leg, and it doesn't just pass right through muscle, they leg is going to get broken. That's the nature of a round that's larger than a 9mm. Bullets break bone. Period. So, I'm sure at least a dozen of you have actually broken your leg, so, was it easy to stand on? How about running, were you doing a lot of that after breaking said leg? Didn't think so.

As for the arm shot, well, there's about a 89% chance that said asshole turns tail and runs. Will they come back? Who knows. If it were me and you shot me in the arm I'd assume that you weren't that good a shot and hope that the next asshole that broke into your place had a gun on them and returned fire, but I wouldn't be asshole enough to try again and push my luck.

Any way you look at it you can't honestly say the the DE is a better handgun for ANYTHING than any other lighter, more wieldable handgun. All of those neat little benefits you get (having huge fucking bullets... yep, that's about it) are outweighed by the fact that unloaded it weighs 4.4 lbs and after you fire the first shot you're not going to be able to fire again (accurately) for another 2 to 3 seconds. And I'll tell you what, if someone pulled a DE on me and I had my Sig and they fired and missed, they had better pray to little 8lb 6oz baby Jesus that my bullets are duds, because I'm going to put two into their chest before they can get another shot off at me.
Arnold Johnston
Posted: Aug 20 2007, 07:42 AM

Hunter

And if any of you Desert Eagle owning fools would like to take me up on a shooting challenge I'd be more than willing to have you come down to where I live, come out to the range with me, and we can do a "how many shots can you acurately put into the target at a simulated 50yds in 5 seconds" competition. I'd even pay for all the ammunition just to prove the point.

--------------------
silence is aquiesence...
Cyber78
Posted: Aug 20 2007, 09:21 PM

Adminbot3000's Alternate Personality

Group: FVZA Agent Command
Member No.: 2

Like I said, I don't get the fascination. But hey, if people want to use them then that's their choice. A choice I don't fully grasp the logic behind, but their choice nontheless.

Either way that was actually a very insightful post, and not just on Desert Eagles. Really puts high caliber weapons in general in perspective. If you don't mind I might copy that post and put it in a thread regarding recommendations for handguns.

--------------------
user posted image
Odst gunny
Posted: Aug 21 2007, 03:04 AM

Rookie

QUOTE (Arnold Johnston @ Aug 20 2007, 07:35 AM)
QUOTE (Odst gunny @ Aug 19 2007, 11:20 PM)
"... I have that [sic] excat weapon I bought mine at a specil handgun store!"

Seriously... why would anyone pay $1250 for a handgun that holds 7 rounds and weighs 4.4 lbs completely unloaded? Let's take a look at reasons why anyone would need a handgun that fired .50 caliber bullets. Bear hunting... uh.... hmm... yeah, that's about it, and even then you're going way overboard with your choice of firearm. I own a Sig Sauer P229 .40 cal, and to be honest, I don't think I'd ever bother to replace it. First off, it's a good caliber for home defense, powerful enough to put someone down in one or two shots, and (so long as I'm using hollow points) weak enough to not go straight through the walls of my townhouse and kill my neighbor and their kid, and the family pet in the next unit past that one. And don't give me any shit about "but the .50 will put someone down in one hit and they won't get back up!" It's bullshit.

If someone breaks into my house while I'm there and I pull my gun on them one of three things will happen. A) They run. cool.gif They stay right where they are with their hands in the air until the police arrive. C) They do something stupid, make me feel that my life is being threatened, and get shot.

If "C" is the option that occurs and I have either of those two fore mentioned firearms one shot is going to stop the retard. Whether I hit him in the arm, leg, chest, belly, or head one shot is going to put him down and likely keep him there. I don't know about the rest of you, but unless you're in a "combat" situation you're never really ready to be shot. In an every day situation (which that likely would be for someone breaking into my house) your adrenaline isn't going to start pumping fast enough to allow you to recover from a .40 to the chest or stomach and keep coming at me (unless you're on PCP or some other silly drug). Sure, the assailant might not die immediately, but how many people do you know personally that have been shot in the chest at close range and lived to tell the tale? I can name all of none (that weren't wearing body armor).

Now, for arguments sake, let's say my .40 hit them in the leg. Has anyone here actually been shot before? How about been next to someone when they were shot? I'm going to say that out of the 90 or so members here maybe two, three max can honestly say yes. And if you write back here and say yet, I'm going to want pictures to prove it, because most of you would say yes just to look cool. Anyhow... if said assailant gets shot in the leg, and it doesn't just pass right through muscle, they leg is going to get broken. That's the nature of a round that's larger than a 9mm. Bullets break bone. Period. So, I'm sure at least a dozen of you have actually broken your leg, so, was it easy to stand on? How about running, were you doing a lot of that after breaking said leg? Didn't think so.

As for the arm shot, well, there's about a 89% chance that said asshole turns tail and runs. Will they come back? Who knows. If it were me and you shot me in the arm I'd assume that you weren't that good a shot and hope that the next asshole that broke into your place had a gun on them and returned fire, but I wouldn't be asshole enough to try again and push my luck.

Any way you look at it you can't honestly say the the DE is a better handgun for ANYTHING than any other lighter, more wieldable handgun. All of those neat little benefits you get (having huge fucking bullets... yep, that's about it) are outweighed by the fact that unloaded it weighs 4.4 lbs and after you fire the first shot you're not going to be able to fire again (accurately) for another 2 to 3 seconds. And I'll tell you what, if someone pulled a DE on me and I had my Sig and they fired and missed, they had better pray to little 8lb 6oz baby Jesus that my bullets are duds, because I'm going to put two into their chest before they can get another shot off at me.

Arnold it depends on whos the fastest. What other guns do you own? Mine are:

Desert Eagle
Mac-1O
WW2 B.A.R (working condition baby! laugh.gif)
M16A1
M4A3
Baby Eagle

--------------------
Arnold Johnston
Posted: Aug 21 2007, 03:25 AM

Hunter

QUOTE (Odst gunny @ Aug 20 2007, 10:04 PM)
"... [sic] it depends on whos the fastest..."

No... it doesn't. I'm pretty sure that I quantified just who was faster. But that wasn't even the point. The point was, why bother owning something that's more expensive than something else that can do the job better? If you want to waste your money that's fine, but I still don't get why the DE has been put on this pedestal of legendary status as a firearm. It's a piece of crap. It weighs almost as much as a friggin M-16 and it's only 1/16th the size.

As for other firearms that I own, the only other one I've got is a Lee Enfield Mk. V jungle carbine circa 1945 based on what I can tell from the manufacturing stamps. I think it was tooled and assembled in Canada. Nice rifle, kind of has a wandering zero, but Enfield engineered that in so that the British government would finally accept a semi-automatic gas operated rifle. Fires a British .303, a bit expensive as far as ammo goes, but it's tolerable considering how many times a year I break the thing out to fire it.

--------------------
silence is aquiesence...
Odst gunny
  Posted: Aug 21 2007, 03:36 AM

Rookie

SURE IS Just like ammo for my B.A.R! laugh.gif

--------------------
Gideon
Posted: Aug 21 2007, 03:49 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 77

.303 is harder to get than 30-06. Where i live at they let 8 year old kids buy the bullets. Now trying to get the Dragunov rounds i harder, from what various people have told me.

--------------------
Eye for an Eye. Tooth for a Tooth. Nice to see you, now that I know the Truth.
Odst gunny
  Posted: Aug 21 2007, 10:01 PM

Rookie

Today I bought a 45. ACP tommy gun for $120,000! ohmy.gif

--------------------
Gideon
Posted: Aug 22 2007, 02:37 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 77

Allright, considering i could get one assigned to me for free when i become a cop in Raccoon City, Tenessee. Good for you

--------------------
Eye for an Eye. Tooth for a Tooth. Nice to see you, now that I know the Truth.
Odst gunny
Posted: Aug 22 2007, 11:00 AM

Rookie

QUOTE (Gideon @ Aug 22 2007, 02:37 AM)
Allright, considering i could get one assigned to me for free when i become a cop in Raccoon City, Tenessee. Good for you

tongue.gif Lucky

--------------------
Arnold Johnston
Posted: Aug 24 2007, 12:56 AM

Hunter

QUOTE (Odst gunny @ Aug 21 2007, 05:01 PM)
Today I bought a 45. ACP tommy gun for $120,000!

I find your level of income disturbing... I make a good living, but I'd never EVER pay $120,000 for a firearm... a car, absolutely, a motorcycle, maybe, a house, absolutely! But not a firearm... wtf is wrong with you?
Arnold Johnston
Posted: Aug 24 2007, 12:58 AM

Hunter

That is... assuming that I believe that you actually make enough to pay over 100k for a gun... however, I do find that just the tiniest bit hard to swallow...
Odst gunny
  Posted: Aug 24 2007, 02:43 AM

Rookie

QUOTE (Arnold Johnston @ Aug 24 2007, 12:56 AM)
QUOTE (Odst gunny @ Aug 21 2007, 05:01 PM)
Today I bought a 45. ACP tommy gun for $120,000!

I find your level of income disturbing... I make a good living, but I'd never EVER pay $120,000 for a firearm... a car, absolutely, a motorcycle, maybe, a house, absolutely! But not a firearm... wtf is wrong with you?

I rasie alot by doin job to job I have about 250,000 to 500,000each month

--------------------
Arnold Johnston
Posted: Aug 24 2007, 05:29 PM

Hunter

So what I'm hearing is that you make a minimum of 3 million dollars a year... somehow I think that's a load of crap, but if it's not, congrats on living the dream brother.

--------------------
silence is aquiesence...
« Next Oldest | OOC Forum | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0313 seconds · Archive