Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Fvza Rpg. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Weapons Regulations, New rules on use of weapons.
Cyber78
Posted: Apr 14 2007, 12:23 AM

Adminbot3000's Alternate Personality

Group: FVZA Agent Command
Member No.: 2

Ok I've noticed that nobody seems to really even use anything out of the armory, despite the fact that this mission was supposed to be the one where we finally standardized. Not having standardized weaponry of course creates a few balance issues, and really does take a lot of challenge out of it. Not to mention when everyone is using brand spanking new weapons capable of annihilating the entire Cuban Army it gets just downright uninteresting. However at this point it's a bit late in the current mission, so I'm not going to implement these rules until the next mission. I'm putting this out now so that everyone knows ahead of time what the new armory rules will be.

1. No more bringing whatever gun you want. Not to say you absolutely have to use one gun, but it needs to actually be something in the armory on your team's side. The current armories can be found at http://z14.invisionfree.com/FVZA_RPG/index.php?showtopic=95

2. Concerning custom guns, they'll be allowed on the condition that they are a rough equivilent of a weapon that is in the armory and that they conform to the following concerning the weapon that they are the equivlent of;
A. Must use the same ammunition type.
B. Must be of equal or lesser performance in terms of firepower (slight exceptions for longer or shorter barreled weapons allowed for slightly higher firepower).

Notes: Accesories such as grips, scopes, sights, ammo holders for shotguns, different barrels, cup holders, engravings, paint jobs, etc. are allowed.

An example of an acceptable custom weapon would be an M1911 variant such as a silverballer compared to our government model. Also acceptable would be to engrave your name on it, add a laser pointer, and a new grip.

As a note on shotguns, pretty much any pump-action or lever-action 12 gauge with no more than eight rounds capacity (internal capacity, that doesn't include those nifty ammo holders on the buttstock) is acceptable. Although the Remington 870 is standard for agents, things like the Winchester 1897 pump action shotgun would be perfectly fine.

3. Concerning the non-affiliated players. Although there isn't any standard armory for this group, it'd be best to use weapons of similar performance to what the agents and vampires use. Meaning no miniguns. Ever.

4. Under absolutely no circumstance is the use of a minigun allowed by anyone. It was cool when the Govonator used one, but it's just tacky otherwise.

5. Melee weapons that can be easily carried and used with one hand such as knives and machettes are completely up to the user's discretion. So there's no rules on custom knives and such so long as it's realistic. Meaning if you'd like to bring the Ka-bar by all means bring it with, just don't have it made by dwarves and capable of penetrating six feet of concrete.

6. In order to prevent players from using an entirely custom armory of their own, a limit of one custom handgun and one custom long gun is the rule.

These rules will go into effect after the completion of Operation Vanity Yardsale II.

--------------------
user posted image
Pvt Serrano
Posted: Apr 14 2007, 04:57 AM

Hunter

Group: FVZA Agents
Member No.: 65

Can I still use Claire? She's really important to my character as he's put his heart and soul into it. To save you time I'll just list the description here.

-1911-style frame rebored and re-enforced to fire .50 Magnum rounds (creates massive recoil and a relatively slow rate of fire)

-Mounted scope and laser sight. Scope=light, Laser=dark/low light

-Compensator. Mostly for looks as it doesn't lower recoil much.

-15-round magazine. Magazines are larger than normal, limiting the amount that can be carried. Also, ammunition is expensive, further limiting the amount that can be carried.

-There are some cosmetic changes that don't affect performance.

-Secondary weapon only due to slow rate of fire, overpenetration, noise, and recoil.

I hope I made it balanced enough.

A question on the miniguns. What if for some reason we fire one from a chopper? Would that be somewhat acceptable? I have no idea why we'd be in a chopper, just asking hypothetically.

--------------------
user posted image
Looks like your luck ran out about the same time your ammunition did.

Patience my ass! I'm gonna kill something!
Cyber78
Posted: Apr 14 2007, 06:34 PM

The only problem I see with that is the fact that it's a .50 cal. Aside from that the rest is fine. I'm going to have to go think about that for a bit.

On to miniguns firing from choppers, that would seem more acceptable but I'd really prefer we didn't have to use military helicopters. I suppose that in the event we really had to use a helicopter armed with a minigun it'd be alright, but there'd need to be a lot of justification for why the person is using that helicopter in the first place.

But in the meantime concerning Claire the only issue I have is with the ammunition type used, so I'm going to have to get back to you on that one.

--------------------
user posted image
Pvt Serrano
Posted: Apr 14 2007, 07:29 PM

Hunter

Yeah but before the bomb incident, we were going to use choppers for insertion. I'm guessing that would be one of a few rare occasions.

And about the .50 rounds. I can make it so that he can buy them himself. Anyone who's tried to buy .50 Magnum rounds can tell you that its really expensive to buy
(30 bucks for 25 rounds?! WTF?!)
Assuming that FVZA agents only make enough to live on, buying alot of ammunition would be an issue.

--------------------
user posted image

Cyber78
Posted: Apr 15 2007, 02:05 AM

It's not so much that I'm worried that the ammo is nessesarily better (all ammo types have a specific purpose), it's more so that it means that it gets rid of compatibility with FVZA ammo. So that means that whatever ammo you go into a mission with is really all you get. Which just wouldn't seem like something a real agency would do.

--------------------
user posted image
Alaska
Posted: Apr 15 2007, 03:48 AM

Agent Alaska, Shadow

Member No.: 26

Your regulations don't bother me, except you need to put in a few loopholes, such as in our current Seattle mission, obviously in the quarantine the Military would've brought Machine guns or the M82A1 that Alaska's got currently, maybe we ought to put in a 'Common Sense' clause, as to allow specific weapons in based on the situation at hand. For example, in a Vampire mission we'd have tear gas or something.
Cyber78
Posted: Apr 15 2007, 05:05 AM

A common sense clause doesn't seem too bad, although I don't think we'd really need one since I think our armory has it covered in terms of firearms. We've already got the Remington 700 so an M82 seems unnessesary, and machine guns still just don't seem nessesary.

Right now I'm going to say no on the M82's after this mission, on to the machine guns I'm leaning away from those but I'll discuss it with our panel of experts (STARS and a couple others on the other forum). The tear gas thing however I completely agree with, that's something we should have. I should probably add those into the armory when I get a chance.

--------------------
user posted image
Pvt Serrano
Posted: Apr 15 2007, 06:40 AM

Hunter

I think I understand what your saying. The thing is, he doesn't really use it as his standard issue weapon. It's more of a keepsake, sort of like carrying a picture of your family.
Holy crap. MAC-10 is a vampire weapon. Whoops.
My two cents about the M82- Its a thirty three pound weapon. Thats pretty heavy to carry around. It would probably be easier to carry a Remington 700 and assuming you're a decent sniper, the 700 would do exactly the same job, albeit in a slightly less messy fashion. Also, .50 BMG ammo is pretty expensive and illegal in a few states. However, the M82 does carry five more rounds than the 700 which could be an advantage in a situation where you don't need to move. On the other hand, we have the M-14 which can carry 10 more rounds than the M82.
On a final note: Don't worry about the M240 and the MG42. Those are one time things. I'll explain why in an In Character post.

--------------------
user posted image

Cyber78
Posted: Apr 15 2007, 06:44 PM

Alright, how's this for a compromise on the handgun issue; Each character can carry one handgun going as high as semiautomatic and can carry say around 30 rounds for it? This being in addition to the M1911.

--------------------
user posted image
Pvt Serrano
Posted: Apr 15 2007, 07:25 PM

Hunter

That sounds good. It'll let people use specialized rounds that aren't really standard issue (Luger, .454 Casull, etc.). I haven't really seen 30 round magazines before, although I also haven't really looked for 'em to be honest.

--------------------
user posted image

Alaska
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 09:19 PM

Agent Alaska, Shadow

What? The M82 was under the common sense clause, nevertheless, the M82 completely dominates your Remington, hands down.
Cyber78
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 10:12 PM

If we were hunting zombies that ride elephants maybe.

--------------------
user posted image
Pvt Serrano
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 11:01 PM

Hunter

Cyber, I would pay money to see that.

Oh yeah, as I was searching around the internet, I located a weapon that might be of interest. Its called the EDM Arms Windrunner, a .50 cal sniper rifle that convieniently disassembles and fits into a thirty pound suitcase. I'm thinking that it might be a good rifle to have for covert-type missions, if it wasn't for the gigantic bullet size.

However, I'd still rather go with the M-14. Plenty of rounds without the weight of bigger rifles.

--------------------
user posted image

Rodwy
Posted: Jun 25 2007, 07:33 AM

Rookie

Group: Non-Affiliated
Member No.: 12

I was just thinking of personally limiting my character to civilian available weapons as the ammunition to them would be abundant unless of course I had a weapon with specialized ammo that I started out with.(or of course we were in an area without any kind of ammunition)

--------------------
"I thought the living death was only a myth, I learned the hard way."
user posted image
Alaska
Posted: Jul 8 2007, 11:48 PM

Agent Alaska, Shadow

I checked out the Windrunner. I would think if we retrofitted a harness to it, as to be able to carry it on your back, it could easily be one of the most effective weapons in the armory.
Rhodes
Posted: Jul 9 2007, 01:10 AM

MSI-Level 1 (Military Sniper Intelligence)

Group: Admin
Member No.: 41

Annnd i'd say go right ahead, but if you carry that and ammo, you're not carrying anything other than a side arm or a single MP5. Besides weight issues, its bulky as hell.

--------------------
*exhale of smoke*...so you think you have a price.
user posted image
O_O
Posted: Aug 16 2007, 10:03 PM

Agent No. 84

Member No.: 84

Can my guy at least keep his 2 Magnums???
They have:

-Hollow Piont

-Spray-Painted No-Glare Black

-Laser Aim

-Mini-Maglight Duct-Taped to the Barrel

-Six Shots

They're basicly specialized for Zombie killing.

If my guy can't keep both on him, can he atleast keep one on him??

Sorry, I was gonna erase it but forgot to. I was thinking if I had a really bad-ass rifle, but decided it was to strong. Plus, I like pistols.

This post has been edited by O_O on Aug 21 2007, 07:16 PM
Cyber78
Posted: Aug 17 2007, 02:11 AM

*Looks back at past regulations...*

Ok here we go. You can bring one magnum per mission. So you can keep them, but only bring one to the playground. So if you loose one you still have the other for another mission, just no more than one magnum and the M1911 during a single mission. And then don't carry anymore than 30 rounds total for it.

--------------------
user posted image
Arnold Johnston
Posted: Aug 17 2007, 07:13 PM

Hunter

Group: Non-Affiliated
Member No.: 37

*Looks to Cyber.... sees that his red challenge flag is still tucked neatly into his belt and decides to throw his bullshit flag*

Ok... I'm not claiming to be the end-all-be-all answer for all ammunition types... but explosive ammo? No friggin way. That does not exist in a handgun caliber. No effing way. The only explosive ammo I've ever even heard about was in use by the NATO forces during the Bosnian conflict. It was a .50 cal sniper round that they used to clear mine fields from farther off than would be needed with a normal grenade launcher. Compared to a grenade these things were like 20mm sniper grenades. In conclusion, explosive rounds don't exist for handguns, and are less legal than RPG-7's in the rest of the world.

And wtf is a Hollow-Jacket? If you mean hollow-point then how could the round possibly be explosive? It's supposed to be hollow! Whatever explosive that you've put in there is going to take up some space, unless you've put the explosive part in the back of the round so that it can possibly be set off by the propellant (otherwise known as gun power) in the rear of the casing. Just for visual clarity... we'll insert a diagram.

user posted image

As you can see from our diagram there's not a whole hell of a lot of room for an explosive...

--------------------
silence is aquiesence...
Cyber78
Posted: Aug 17 2007, 08:11 PM

Um yeah... what he said...

Just scratch the fancy ammunition. If you go with a .357 you'll still have more than enough flesh blending power.

--------------------
user posted image
« Next Oldest | OOC Forum | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0291 seconds · Archive