Okay, I was surfing the internet when I stumbled across an article reporting a movie adaptation of Max Brook's World War Z, possibly the best zombie novel in existance.
I was delighted to see that it was even on IMDB scheduled for a release in 2008.
For those of you who have read this amazing book, what stories do you think would make a good movie adaptation?
For those of you who haven't read it, what the hell is wrong with you?! Go out and read it!
No denying that it was a good book, and I think that it's one of the few books with movie potential.
My suggestions are the beginning story in China, the guy who hates Israel but has to flee there, the Battle of Yonkers, the International Space Station bit, the Chinese sub part (reminds me of the Hunt For the Red October, another great movie based on a book) the downed cargo plane pilot, and then show some of the battles to retake America.
I'm just worried that they'll go all Resident Evil on us and screw everything up.
What I'd like to see:
- Patient Zero
- The scene where they guy comes upon the aftermath of a zombie attack in a cave.
- The escape from the shanty town.
- The Russian tank crew on the bridge.
- The Indian guy blowing up the pass to stop the flow of zombies.
- Yonkers for sure.
- The cargo pilot.
- Fighting zombies in the catacombs.
- The guy in the wheelchair who goes on neighborhood patrol.
- The Battle of Hope.
-The re-taking of America.