Please post your comments but keep in mind that this site is rated for children.
Click Here to go to Elliot Lake Online
Elliot Lake Forum -> Zimmerman

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Elliot Lake Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Zimmerman, Anyone following this?
Sammy
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 08:43 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 335

You now that is b.s. right tamriel? not credible.

--------------------
I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet.
Justin
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 08:47 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 65

A wana be hero.

--------------------
user posted image If you raise a child to shoot at targets for points.
He will view it as nothing more than the likes of a dart game.
If you raise a child to sit and play violent video games shooting everything in sight.
He will view the gun as a tool of destruction.
Gun control starts with how you raise your children.
Prewitt
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 08:57 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 81

Interesting, Sammy. Maybe Zimmerman's lawyer will use that reasoning as part of the defense, i.e., "ladies and gentlemen of the jury, would any of us here today even care about this if a black male had shot Mr. Martin, so what's the big deal?" blink.gif

Zimmerman wasn't a cop. He was a neighborhood watch volunteer and the basic rule of that program wherever it is, is not to confront anyone because you are not a cop. Report your suspicion and that is all you do. You do not start slowly stalking someone in your truck and then get out to follow that person on foot. Because at the very least you may get in a confrontation, punched in the head and knocked down, and that is obviously not a good enough reason to start shooting, hopefully not even in Florida.

There is an obvious reason Zimmerman was charged with 2nd degree murder, rather than manslaughter. The prosecution thinks it has enough to convict him on the much more serious charge and obviously prosecutors do not want to lose that type of high-profile national case. Whatever they have, whatever they think, they are trying him for murder.

--------------------
Hope for the best and prepare for the worst
SwastikaBoy
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 09:21 PM

Member No.: 1,082

Is there any similarity in this shooting to the case of Mr. Deivik ( may have the spelling wrong ) in Norway ?
tamriel
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 09:28 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 11

IMO, if it were a black male on neighbourhood watch, Trayvon would still be alive. If it were a white kid walking home with Candy, he would still be alive.

If zimmerman had WAITED for the police to arrive, Trayvon would still be alive. Fact of the matter is this boy is dead, at the hands of Zimmerman. He SHOULD be charged and tried. Let the courts determine if it was 'self defense'....it's disgusting to me that this man wasn't arrested on the spot! Considering the fact that Trayvon cannot refute the self-defense claim....the police should not have just accepted that claim and let him (zimmerman) roam free for so long.

So glad I don't live in a place where walking with Candy in your hand, in the rain, can result in your death!

Personally, I think Zimmerman assumed Trayvon had a gun....from what I interpret from the 911 call. 'he has something in his hand'.....'his hand is in his waistband'....if so, following this boy was not only poor judgement, but incredibly stupid.

--------------------
Huh?
Sammy
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 08:18 PM

Advanced Member

You mean Breivik? Nothing similiar at all.

--------------------
I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet.
Prewitt
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 06:08 PM

Advanced Member

Just "Breivik", Sammy? Don't you think Mr. Breivik at least deserves the apparent respect shown him by your little buddy from Kirkland Lake?

--------------------
Sammy
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 06:40 PM

Advanced Member

Prewitt you are easily offended.. toughen up a bit. You also read way too much between the lines. Try reading what is written instead of going off in the opposite directions.

--------------------
Prewitt
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 08:34 PM

Advanced Member

Alright, Sammy, I'll try, but talking about going off in opposite directions, have you heard anything lately about Mr. Manson? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Sammy
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 04:13 PM

Advanced Member

Wow i will start a new topic. It's interesting to see the difference in opinions for sure.

--------------------
wickitt
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 10:40 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 606

Reading this thread all I see is a racist.
Your comments sicken me Sammy.
It is clear that your comments are racist even though you have tried to hide the intent

His background..... Give me a break.

People like you and Zimmerman are what keeps racism alive.
Sammy
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 11:03 AM

Advanced Member

Yeah and your comments wickitt help to eliminate it rolleyes.gif

We need more people like you in this world for sure... I am being Sarcastic. (just to be completely clear) You don't have to interpret it any other way.

You clearly need help in understanding what is written.

--------------------
EasyRider
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 12:13 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2

I suppose this is a next step in overcoming the type blatant racism that was so prevelent at one time, but also at some point, we should be able to discuss things like this without someone crying "racism" just because in a given situation everybody doesn't immediately side with the person of colour.

--------------------
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken ...
Justin
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 04:21 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 65

I think the accusation "racist" is used way to liberaly. I don't care for the Burqua or Hijab, and tend to side with Frances right to ban them. I'm sure someone would say that's racist, which I really don't understand that. It has nothing to do with the race, I just don't like the dress code.

--------------------
user posted image If you raise a child to shoot at targets for points.
He will view it as nothing more than the likes of a dart game.
If you raise a child to sit and play violent video games shooting everything in sight.
He will view the gun as a tool of destruction.
Gun control starts with how you raise your children.
Sammy
Posted: May 1 2012, 06:22 PM

Advanced Member

I would like to say i do not consider myself a racist.. If i felt the need to share my heritage and my ethnicity i would..but i hope not necessary.

--------------------
Prewitt
Posted: May 1 2012, 11:40 PM

Advanced Member

Hey Sammy,

I think I can take a pretty good guess at your "heritage and ethnicity", but it really isn't any of my business and can't imagine why anyone would think they would have a right to ask.

Zimmerman again? If I was on the jury I think I would have to see a lot of hard evidence to vote for murder. Manslaughter at this point without hard court evidence, almost certainly.

Justin, I understand the Burqua ban in France and even here, thinking only maybe the Lone Ranger in either country has the right to cover his face in public.

I also don't like seeing the full Hijab worn by Muslim women, especially in summer but I really think that's up to them. Because once a democracy starts deciding what's proper dress code for it's citizens, what's coming next?

Windsor has one of the highest per capita Muslim populations in Canada and I see a lot more light head-covering scarves than those depressing (to me) full black outfits. A lot, lot more, especially among the younger females.

Big difference between the Muslim immigration to Europe and North America.
Europe was open the flood-gates and worry about it later, resulting in almost immediate ghettoism, not so in NA.

Did anyone else happen to see the short-lived cable reality tv program All
American Muslim about 5 Muslim families living in Dearborn, Mi., most with 1-2 generations under the same roof? I finally stopped watching it even though I know the area well, it was boring, probably the same reason the show was eventually cancelled. It could have been any ethnic family coming over here, 1st and 2nd generations working it out.

--------------------
Sammy
Posted: May 2 2012, 10:12 PM

Advanced Member

Prewitt, you and I agree on the right to disagree.. I respect that.

--------------------
Mister x
Posted: Jun 18 2012, 01:12 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 59

I heard he's not white. It's the brown vs. the black mentality rolleyes.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0714 seconds | Archive