InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Community for Spikes & Baron Duel Monsters Comet. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Register FAQ Chat Members List Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links

The Haunting Vampire, #9 - Flavor Article on Vampires
redbaronii
Posted: Nov 18 2005, 12:32 AM

Azu-nyan, MEEEOOOWWW!

Group: Tyrant of the Comet
Member No.: 1

Finally, after long planning, the Vampire week had come.

To kick off this "celebration", entering the empty house...

Wind chilling...

Boo?? (Voice: This is not a haunted house...)

Well, I would just take side notes here. This week, as I call "Vampire week" (the third theme week of this site), the site would have following:
1. Two card review on...(Drum??)...Vampire Genesis and Curse of Vampire
2. An article on building an Undead deck from the structure deck
3. Another article on tweaking with the Vampires

OK, let's start the article right here. First of all, let's explain what REALLY is a Vampire...so now, let's turn to dictionary p.857...

From Dictionary.com:
vamĚpire
n.

1. A reanimated corpse that is believed to rise from the grave at night to suck the blood of sleeping people.
2. A person, such as an extortionist, who preys upon others.
3. A vampire bat.

Well, out of about 2050 cards in the game (and 1250 monsters), only mere FIVE cards in this game have the word "Vampire" in it (or...have the Katakana " ヴァンパイア"). Don't think it's wierd, however. In the biggest TCG in the world, Magic: the Gathering, out of over 7350 cards, only 15 have the word "Vampire" in it,

You had seen all 5 Vampires in this game in the logo, and they're as follow:
1. Vampire Baby (TB/DL3/BE1)
2. Vampire Lord (KA/DL4/BE2)
3. Vampire Lady (308/EE2)
4. Curse of Vampire (LE7)
5. Vampire Genesis (SD2)

We had seen the characteristics overview from the dictionary (I would not go deep on that...as it would take me 5 months of research plus 6 weeks on organizing all the infos, this is a web site on the Yu-Gi-Oh OCG, not on Vampires...), now, let's look at the effect of all 5 Vampires.

Vampire Baby
Dark/Undead/3/700/1000
At the end of Battle Phase, special summon all monsters that were destroy by this card as a result of battle during this turn to your field face-up.

Vampire Lord
Dark/Undead/5/2000/1500
When this card does battle damages to opponent, name a card type (Monster, Magic, Trap). Your opponent must search his/her deck for a card with the chosen type and put it into his/her Graveyard. When this card is destroyed as a result of opponent's card
effects, special summon this card to the field during your next standby phase.

Vampire Queen
Dark/Undead/4/1550/1550
When this card does damage to opponent, you choose 1 type of card (Monster,Magic,Trap), your opponent discard one card of that type to the graveyard from deck.

Vampire Genesis
Dark/Undead/8/3000/2100
This card cannot be Normal Summon. This card can only be special summon by removing [Vampire Lord] on your field. Discard a Undead sub-type monster from your hand, special summon a Undead sub-type monster with level less than the level of the card discarded from your Graveyard. This effect can only be activate once per turn.

Curse of Vampire
Dark/Undead/6/2000/800
When this card is destroy in battle, you may pay 500 lifepoints. If you do, special summon this card to the field during your next Standby Phase. When this card is successfully summon this way, this card attack is increase by 500.

Well, you have see the trend now, right??

1. A reanimated corpse that is believed to rise from the grave at night to suck the blood of sleeping people
2 out of the 5 Vampires have the effect of being able to reanimate once it dies (Vampire Lord/CoV). And 2 more of the rest of the 3 have the ability to reanimate OTHERS from the Grave. Then, when people think of Vampires, they KNOW they would "suck blood". Well, if I'm not wrong, sometimes the blood was suck so the other monster could also become a Vampire. So, that makes sense to the 2 "reanimate others" effect.

So, what if it's not that "Vampire Ritual"?? Well, they DO suck something, right?? Yeah, the Lord and his Lady have the effect to suck the blood out of a monster, Magic, or...(somehow...)Trap.

2. A person, such as an extortionist, who preys upon others.
Well, this part defines what I've just said above, that is how the Vampire could have abilities to make others become Vampire and they would then reanimate. They prey on them, kill them, revive them as their own family.

3. A vampire bat.
If you have not notice, all 5 Vampires have Bat Wings. It is not very obvious in Vampire Baby (since it's old card), but, it does looks like the Vampires could match this. There're just NO OTHER monsters in this game that have Bat wings (there's not Batman...and Batman is not a Vampire anyway...)

OK, this finish my article for today. Yeah, this is it, I want to save stuff for later articles. Until next time, beware of the Vampires suddenly strike you at night...

EXTRA, EXTRA!! Just an addition, although this card does NOT have the word "Vampire" in it, [Noble Du Noir] (MA/DL5/BE2) also looks like Vampire, and the "Noble" have some relation to the Vampires.

Noble Du Noir
Dark/Undead/5/2000/1400
When this card is face-up on the field, the controller of this card choose the attack target of opponent's monster.

Just additional look, however, this card do not have the characteristic of a Vampire's ability what so ever...well, maybe some, on controlling what opponent's monster could do, but that does not necessary means turning them to Vampire and have fun with it.

- Baron (I'm not a Vampire...), 1/16/05
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic Options

Contains New Posts  Forum Contains New Posts
Contains No New Posts  Forum Contains No New Posts
A Closed Forum  Forum is Closed for Posting