Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Community for Spikes & Baron Duel Monsters Comet. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Register FAQ Chat Members List Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links

Did you watch CN on Saturday?
SearchmanDS
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 08:34 AM

Shadow of the Now and Then

Group: Members of the Hangout
Member No.: 630

Been ages since I posted here, but I feel this is worth it. Saturday Night, Toonami was on as an April Fool's joke. As you can imagine, this has fans wanting Toonami back. Steve Blum, the voice of TOM, actually weighed in indirectly and told fans to give Cartoon Network Feedback about bringing Toonami back permanently.

http://boards.adultswim.com/t5/Toonami/How...ly/m-p/64341949

Now, this isn't the usually "lol useless online petition that thinks it can do something". No. It's feedback directly to CN. Sound off on if you want Toonami back. Spread the word via your messangers of choice, Facebook, Twitter, other boards you frequent, and any other method you can think of. Together we can bring back a pillar of the cartoon and anime industry.

This post has been edited by SearchmanDS on Apr 2 2012, 08:36 AM
a-hole w/ 9000atk
Posted: Apr 2 2012, 09:40 PM

A work in progress.......and progressing rather slowly.......

Group: Citizen of the Comet
Member No.: 973

FUCK!!!

HAD I KNOWN THIS, I SOOOOOOOOOOO WOULD'VE WATCHED!!!!!!!!

FUCKITY-FUCK-FUCK-FUCK-FUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem.......given that the idiots that now run CN took it off to begin with, I sadly have no faith that they'd even listen. I WOULD write a letter, but it'd probably be too scathing.
SearchmanDS
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 09:06 PM

https://twitter.com/#!/adultswim/status...004036824834049

Got a Twitter account? Never joined because you don't have reason a to? Now you do.
SearchmanDS
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 07:31 PM

https://twitter.com/#!/adultswim/status...653853339074560

Adult Swim has heard the voices, er tweets.
a-hole w/ 9000atk
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 07:45 PM

Hmmmmm...........this better not be a trolling by them.

If they actually do this, I might just start watching the station regularly again.
SearchmanDS
Posted: May 16 2012, 07:47 PM

http://www.adultswim.com/shows/toonami/index.html

I think the hashtag speaks for itself.
a-hole w/ 9000atk
Posted: May 19 2012, 03:58 PM

*'Hallelujah Chorus' plays in background*

THERE IS A GOD.

And his name is Tom. :P

In all seriousness, if this isn't a massive trolling, it appears that the fans have finally gotten through to the animephobes running CN , and made them realize that anime is no longer a fad.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE, BITCHES!!!!!!!!! *raises fist triumphantly in the air*

EDIT: Huh......it's actually going to replace Adult Swim on Saturdays. WHy not in its original time slot? Not quite what we were going for, but at least we're getting it.

Apparently Tiger & Bunny is among the new shows.

This post has been edited by a-hole w/ 9000atk on May 19 2012, 04:15 PM
a-hole w/ 9000atk
Posted: May 22 2012, 10:43 PM

The new lineup additions, and the reason why this is probably happening - and by that, I mean the former Toonami producer getting a promotion that probably allowed this to happen in the first place.

Never heard of the first anime, and Casshern Sins, while I've not actually watched, is a tad too depressing for my tastes, if I'm to believe the spoilers I'd skimmed through sometime ago. And, unless they replay the other series from the start again, I'm gonna be too far behind on em. So, I'm a tad discouraged, here - which is bad when they're wanting more money to fund the good stuff.

If they do get the Funi version of One Piece, however, I'll be their loyal viewer forever; I've been itching to see it for too long......
a-hole w/ 9000atk
Posted: May 26 2012, 10:57 PM

Since the Bleach episode obviously wasn't the 1st, and I'm not concerned w/ the 2 new shows, I decided to forget watching it until either something that interests me goes on the lineup, or I catch up on the shitload of Bleach (and FMA Brotherhood) episodes online. (They do have them on CN's website/YT channel or something, right?)

I do approve of Toonami's bitchin' new theme song, though.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Contains New Posts  Forum Contains New Posts
Contains No New Posts  Forum Contains No New Posts
A Closed Forum  Forum is Closed for Posting